-Bas P S D l
wer o P t os
rldâ€™ o W he
Tool o i d Au
Over 5,500 installations worldwide
THEN—1993 “Centralized Processing”
The first, the most specified, the most powerful and the most supported audio DSP platform in the world. Period!
Installations Worldwide..........4 NION®..................................10 NWare™.................................14 NION Cards..........................16 XControl®.............................18 MediaMatrix® Frames..........20 I/O Interfaces........................22 ControlMatrix®.....................24 PageMatrix™. ........................30
NOW—2007 “Distributed and/or Centralized Processing” 3
A Division of Peavey Electronics Corporation
Airports & Transportation Centers
Rail Stations Bus Terminals Multi-Modal Facilities Shipping Ports Pleasure Cruise Terminals Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, GA • The New Beijing Capital International Airport, Beijing, China • Edinburgh International Airport, Edinburgh, Scotland • Heathrow International Airport, London, England • Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Phoenix, AZ • Sydney International Airport, Sydney Australia • ZhengZhou Airport, ZhengZhou, China
Transportation facilities are among the most challenging of all system installations. A dynamic air travel market with new regulations presents the most significant challenge. Crowded terminal buildings and high ambient noise environments are key factors that designers must consider when choosing signal processing for paging. In crowded gate areas, reliability is critical. MediaMatrix® paging systems with ControlMatrix™ paging controllers feature redundancy, monitoring and supervision options for the ultimate in system stability.
Performing Arts Centers
Large Event Venues
Opera Houses Live Performance Theaters Symphony Halls Concert Halls Live Music Clubs Amphitheaters
Stadiums Arenas Coliseums Race Tracks Community Sports Fields Gymnasiums Aqua Sports Facilities
Lyric Opera House, Chicago, IL • Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia • Nan-Jing Cultural Arts Center, Nan-Jing, China • Carnegie Hall, New York, NY • Hyperion Theatre at California Adventure, Anaheim, CA • MSU Riley Center, Meridian, MS
For over ten years, the world’s most prestigious performing arts facilities have relied on MediaMatrix technology. From front-of-house drive to back-of-house paging, the world’s finest rooms have implemented MediaMatrix systems. From opera houses and symphony halls to the local community theater, MediaMatrix continues to be the first choice. Extensive audio processing functionality gives the designer all of the tools that are required for creating a world-class electro-acoustical performance. MediaMatrix’s rich networking functionality provides intuitive tools for configuring remote tuning locations and front-of-house control for system operation, equalization and monitoring. For small or large venues, multiple-venue facilities or large scale campus settings, networking your audio systems means less hardware, more control and easy system management.
Superdome, Home of the New Orleans Saints, New Orleans, LA • Miller Park, Home of the Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee, WI • Bank One Ballpark, Home of the Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix, AZ • Safeco Field, Home of the Seattle Mariners, Seattle, WA • Stadium Australia, Sydney, Australia • Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, NV
In today’s competitive convention and arena market, multiple-use, large-event venues have become mainstream. Once the staple of large metro areas, this type of venue is now found in smaller markets everywhere. From major league sports to high school rodeo, sound reinforcement and audio visual technology is an integral component of these facilities. MediaMatrix has been the primary audio processing system for more major sporting events around the world than any other professional DSP-based audio system. Numerous world championship football, soccer, baseball and basketball games have been played under the umbrella of MediaMatrix audio. MediaMatrix is now the leading technology for the audio, communications and integrated media installations and the established standard in configurable audio systems throughout the world.
More Than 5,500 Installations Worldwide
MediaMatrix速 is now the leading technology for audio, communications and integrated media installations, and the established standard in configurable audio systems throughout the world.
Convention Centers Hotels Civic Centers Community Centers
Casinos Sports Facilities Riverboats
Motion Picture Theatres Carnival Midways Motion Base Rides Large Format Film Theatres Theme Parks Museums Cruise Ships Arcades
Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ • The Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Boston, MA • Hawaii Convention Center, Honolulu, HI • Opryland Convention Center, Nashville, TN • Kansas City Convention Center, Kansas City, MO • San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, CA
Meeting places throughout the world are powered by MediaMatrix® audio. Extensive use of room combining, paging and remote control features make MediaMatrix a must-have for convention centers the world over. Integral, intuitive audio devices including the powerful Room Combiner makes easy work of multiple, large-scale room combining. And with seamless support for popular third-party controllers, building powerful enduser interfaces is easy. MediaMatrix’s extensive networking support provides simple, cost-effective management of distributed audio I/O and control locations. Staff members can log on securely to monitor, control and operate the system from any location. MediaMatrix provides specific functionality to create manageable user interfaces. Standalone control clients can be distributed throughout the facility on any number of PCs already existing on your network. Standard Ethernet and support for custom control applications eliminates the need to implement a separate cabling system just for audio control. Where there is a network port, there is an audio controller.
Bellagio Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, NV • Venetian Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, NV • Paris Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, NV • Aladdin Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, NV • Beau Rivage Hotel & Casino, Biloxi, MS • Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Biloxi, MS
Once the staple of Las Vegas and Atlantic City, gaming has become a common part of today’s entertainment options. From full-blown resort casinos to the neighborhood bingo hall, MediaMatrix technology is the perfect component for the wide variety of systems common in these facilities. Large casino systems create serious challenges for the audio integrator. Complex zone paging and music distribution systems coupled with timed messaging, ambient level sensing make these systems a perfect match for the MediaMatrix product line. With a wide complement of interface options, MediaMatrix integrates seamlessly with other building systems. Fire alarm, communications, paging, security and signage systems become integral parts of a larger, integrated system. MediaMatrix is at the core.
California Adventure Park & Disneyland, Anaheim, CA • Universal Studios Hollywood, Hollywood, CA • Walt Disney World, Epcot & Universal Studios, Orlando, FL • Tokyo Disney Seas, Tokyo, Japan • Euro Disneyland, Paris, France • Hong Kong Disneyland, Hong Kong, China
From the world’s most famous mouse to regional theme parks, MediaMatrix has become the standard of the industry for audio processing in themed entertainment venues. This market is at the core of MediaMatrix’s rich history of providing audio to the world’s most popular theme parks and attractions. MediaMatrix’s powerful audio processing tools, coupled with its inherently intuitive interface, make it the only real choice for large-scale audio integration. Seamless interface with show controllers, filmand disc-based playback media are more reasons why MediaMatrix is the perfect choice for integration into large-scale systems.
Complex audio transport supporting hundreds of zones, countless layers of control and 24/7 seamless operation is typical for large-scale integration.
Houses of Worship
Courtrooms Congressional Chambers Hearing Rooms Council Chambers Municipal Facilities
Churches Synagogues Temples Chapels Fellowship Halls Mosques
South Carolina State Legislature, Columbia, SC • Beijing Parliament House, China • U.S. Senate Chambers, Washington, DC • Canadian Parliament House • Florida State Legislature, Tallahassee, FL • Hearing Rooms of the U.S. Senate & House of Representatives, Washington, DC
MediaMatrix was born into government audio work. From the very first MediaMatrix installation at the United States Senate Chambers and recent implementations of NION® processing systems in both the Senate and House of Representatives has continued to be the first choice of system designers and government for almost fifteen years. Now installed in major governmental facilities around the world, MediaMatrix knows no political boundary. Elaborate, complex mixing requirements common to large facilities of parliament and congress make MediaMatrix the only choice. Where multiple mixes must be created for archival recording systems, press rooms, media feeds and sound reinforcement, MediaMatrix’s unique ability to create powerful configurations continues to keep it at the forefront of the design community. Stable, continuous operation, redundancy and easy controllability are only a few of the reasons MediaMatrix systems are the perfect choice.
LDS Conference Center, Salt Lake City, UT • St. James Cathedral, Seattle, WA • Potter’s House Church, Dallas, TX • The Fellowship Church, Dallas, TX
It is possible that houses of worship represent the single most critical application for sound reinforcement in the world. Religious organizations everywhere depend on their sound systems to clearly, accurately and reliably distribute the spoken word to their faithful. In addition to the spoken word, today’s high-tech, contemporary facilities are creating even more demanding audio requirements that can stretch traditional systems beyond their limits. Full-blown drama, musical theater and live concerts are becoming a common tool of evangelical bodies around the world. Beyond the worship space, there are numerous requirements for reliable sound in adjacent spaces. Fellowship halls, educational buildings, gymnasiums and administrative facilities all require audio. MediaMatrix can provide processing for these additional systems usually with little, if any, additional hardware. MediaMatrix software, and its powerful method of creating “virtual” systems, makes adding a building a much easier and costeffective project. 8
For applications where pristine audio performance and efficient design tools are priorities, MediaMatrix® continues to be the consultant’s first choice.
NION n6 NION n3
NION® A unique, almost unbelievable combination of processing power, I/O flexibility, control and versatile infrastructure support.
NION is the latest in a long line of quality audio products from MediaMatrix®. Rooted in the legacy of the incredible power of MediaMatrix technology, NION takes the world’s standard for audio processing to higher levels than ever before. Built on a new architecture designed for stable, efficient and robust performance, NION features a new 512channel audio bus for seamless expandability. Low-latency audio makes NION perfect for performance audio projects, in addition to applications where a massive amount of audio processing is required. A new floatingpoint-based DSP engine, coupled with the world’s most efficient and high performance audio algorithms makes NION the most powerful configurable DSP core ever built for the commercial, engineered systems marketplace. The new NWare™ programming software includes advanced configuration and control tools (including an optional ControlManager software/hardware package), support for SNMP and a new vector-based graphical user interface. Intuitive network-centric role assignments and extensive transport options make NION an unbeatable product for large and small projects alike. NION will change the way you design forever!
NION n6 NION n3 NION nX
Distributed or Centralized Processing? The debate between centralized and distributed processing models is long over. NION® supports a robust infrastructure with systems built with modular network nodes. Each node includes an extremely powerful DSP engine, configurable I/O and a robust, 448-channel, low-latency expansion bus. From simple stand-alone systems to large hybrids of multiple configurations, NION supports any combination of processing, I/O and control.
Software With NION, a robust vector-based software interface provides powerful, intuitive tools for configuring, controlling and managing NION systems. NWare™ and its associated Kiosk control client make it easy to manage audio transport, control, redundancy and hardware role assignments across any size of implementation. Robust control functionality and support for SNMP provide rock-solid performance. And best of all, the industry’s most comprehensive and continually expanding device set is provided, continuing the legendary power of MediaMatrix audio processing.
Modular Key to the power of NION products is Peavey’s Scalable I/O Architecture for maximum design flexibility and efficient hardware management. NION processing nodes are available in multiple configurations with more to come. The n6 and n3 audio processing nodes provide four Scalable I/O Card bays while the new nX includes two bays. All NION hardware products support the same variety of modular plug-in cards and software tools.
Front panel audio and status monitoring
Robust air handling
Intuitive user input Visual communications status
NION n6 / NION n3 / NION nX • Floating point DSP Engine
• Integrated flash-based storage
• World-famous MediaMatrix audio algorithms ®
• 96 channels total audio I/O
• Windows-based configuration and control client (Windows® 2000 or XP) • Full support for SNMP network management tools
• 32-bit processing engine • 24-bit conversion
• Universal industrial-grade power supply
• Scalable I/O architecture with two or four NIO Series card bays
• Software support for large-scale multi-node systems • Advanced DSP compiler
• Low-latency audio performance
• Configurable GPIO with optional DIN rail euro breakout panel
• Integrated, modular CobraNet I/O • Network-centric architecture
• Transparent control grouping across physical “NioNodes”
• Supports centralized, distributed or hybrid processing infrastructure
• Supports redundant, self-healing configurations • Supports sample rates from 16 kHz to 96 kHz
• Integrated serial support
• Stand-alone, Multiple and/or distributed operation
• Front panel interface with intuitive user input controls
• NWare™ programming and control software package
• Robust embedded Linux system processor/controller
• ControlManager software/hardware control solution for multiple projects in one installation
• Supports ControlMatrix & PageMatrix paging applications ®
• 32x32 CobraNet transport included in all models
NION® n6/n3 exclusive... XDAB (external digital audio bus) Seamlessly shares channels of digital audio between NIONs in a project. • Exclusive to NION, n6 & n3 • Buss level expansion supports stacking of multiple NION nodes for large implementations • Very low latency (two standard vectors) • Direct connection between DSP system buss with very low latency • Fully configurable • Self-healing/redundant architecture • Inherent Category 6 structured cable connectivity (3 meters/10’ max length)
Universal power supply Four I/O bays support NIO Cards
Integrated CobraNet I/O Serial control RS-232 X-DAB expansion bus
Serial control RS-422/485 Ethernet with SNMP support Configurable GPIO
The most powerful DSP control software available...
NWare™ One software solution for small projects such as small churches or a corporate boardroom to mammoth convention centers and airports. • NWare™, a new programming and control software package for NION® • Infinite project scalability • Native Windows® XP software coding • World-famous MediaMatrix® audio algorithms • One software system for all NION DSP solutions • Extensive network control and operational support • XML Support • Support for most popular graphics standards • One software system for all NION DSP solutions • 32-bit processing engine • 24-bit conversion • Low-latency audio performance • Network-centric architecture • Scalable I/O Architecture with two or four 8-channel bays
• Integrated, modular CobraNet™ I/O • Supports centralized, distributed or hybrid processing models • Integrated serial support • Full support for SNMP network management tools • Software support for large-scale multi-node systems • Advanced DSP compiler • Transparent control grouping across multiple “NioNodes” and projects • Supports redundant, self-healing configurations • Supports sample rates from 16 kHz to 96 kHz • Stand-alone, multiple and/or distributed operation • ControlManager™ software/hardware control solution for multiple projects in one installation
Any Project From the Basic to the Complex Graphical User Interface
Basic GUI Complex GUI
Simple Schematic Complex Schematic
NIO-8ml II NIO-8i NIO-8o NIO-AES
NION Signal Processing Cards
NION® Modular NIO Signal Processing Cards
NION NIO-8 ML II
• Eight Line Mic or Line Level Input audio channels • 24 bit A/D • 48 or 96 kHz audio sampling rate supported • High reliability DIN Connector to backplane, using slide rail for alignment • Mini-Euro Connectors for easy input connection
• Eight Line Level Input audio channels
The NION NIO-8 ml II Mic/Line Input Card is an 8 channel mic/line level input device for use in NION DSP frames. Depending on the NION model up to 4 NIO-8 ML II cards may be loaded in a NION DSP.
The NION NIO-8o Line Output Card is an 8 channel line level output device for use in NION DSP frames. Depending on the NION model up to 4 NIO-8o cards may be loaded in a NION DSP. • Eight Line Level Output audio channels • 24 bit A/D • 48 or 96 kHz audio sampling rate supported • High reliability DIN Connector to backplane, using slide rail for alignment • Mini-Euro Connectors for easy output connection
The NION NIO-8i Line Input Card is an 8 channel line level input device for use in NION DSP frames. Depending on the NION model up to 4 NIO-8i cards may be loaded in a NION DSP.
• 24 bit A/D • 48 or 96 kHz audio sampling rate supported • High reliability DIN Connector to backplane, using slide rail for alignment • Mini-Euro Connectors for easy input connection
The NION NIO-AES Input/Output Card is an AES I/O device configured in 8 pairs of channels. The AES I/O device is for use in NION DSP nodes. Depending on the NION model up to 4 NIO-AES cards may be loaded in a NION DSP node. • Eight Channel Pairs of AES Input or Output audio channels • Input or Output Channel pairs may be selected individually in software • 48 or 96 kHz audio sampling rates supported • S/PDIF Supported, enabled with internal dipswitches • High reliability DIN Connector to backplane, using slide rail for alignment • Mini-Euro Connectors for easy input connection
The GPIO-25 is a DIN rail mountable breakout panel with removable Euro-style captive wire connectors. • Allows easy wiring access to the 25 pin “D” connector GPIO port • Eliminates soldering “D” connectors • Includes 24” DB-25 to DB-25 interconnect cable • Includes 4” section of DIN Rail • Euro connector with screw down terminals 17
XControl® 4X4, 4L, & 4S
Remote Control Panels
The XControl Series of flush-mount control panels are designed to provide simple, cost-effective and powerful control for MediaMatrix audio systems. With support for the NION®, X-Frame™ 88 and MM™ Series audio processing products, XControl provides easy implementation and intuitive access to multiple controls within NWare™, MWare™ and XWare™ software applications. The fully programmable XControl panels can be configured for many uses, from a simple volume control to a full-featured control panel for message playback, paging management or even as separate frequency levels for multiple equalization filters. XControl panels make user control for MediaMatrix systems simple, intuitive and flexible.
XControl Remote Control
• Up to eight panels on a single XFrame 88 • Up to 32 on NION® & Frame-based MM Series MediaMatrix systems • RS-485 multi-drop network • Easy wiring & installation • Configurable controls • Attractive cosmetic packages
• Flexible • Addressable • Tracking controls for multiple locations • Software upgradeable • Bus or local power supply options • Low power requirements
The 4x4 can be configured to be anything from a simple volume control to a full-featured control panel for message playback, paging management or even as separate frequency levels for multiple equalization filters. Changing the configuration is easy and installation couldn’t be simpler, thanks to the XControl RS-485 network and flexible power options. The 4x4 makes user control for MediaMatrix systems intuitive and flexible. • Programmable functions • Two-gang NEMA mount • Rotary control assignable to four functions • LED indicators indicate control status • Four assignable soft buttons • LEDs indicate button function • Label space for customization
The 4L can be configured for a large variety of uses. From basic control over audio levels to multiple channels of equalization control, the 4L is a perfect companion. Like the 4x4, the 4L’s rotary controls can be tracked across multiple locations. Creating control across large installations has never been easier. Add MWare’s logic functionality to the mix and the sky is the limit. • Programmable functions • One-gang NEMA mount • Rotary control assignable to four functions • LEDs indicate button function • Label space for customization
The 4S can be configured for a large variety of uses. A simple music select panel, control for message playback or scene recall for use with MediaMatrix’s powerful preset functionality are just a few of the possibilities. Combine multiple 4S panels in a single installation for even greater preset control, or mix and match with the 4L to create even more flexible control options. • Programmable functions • One-gang NEMA mount • Rotary control assignable to four functions • Configurable for trigger or switch operation • LEDs indicate button function • Label space for customization
NWare™ User-Control GUIs Kiosk NWare™ Personality No Tool Bar Editing tools not available in this mode.
Pages Defined by User Login Export pages as needed.
Project Design Mode • Administrator defined GUI (graphical user interface) control environment for the NION® DSP • Kiosk software loads on remote PC terminals for user control functionality • NWare™ configurable to export control pages to the kiosk user • Multiple User/Password and security options • Offers remote control on Ethernet or WiFi • Multiple project monitoring and control • Many simultaneous remote PC control locations supported
MM-960nt MM-DSP-CN II MM-DSP-RJ MM-DSP-AES MF 280r MF 280b MF 280c
MediaMatrix® Mainframes - Miniframes Mainframe™ Series
The legacy of MediaMatrix is represented with the classic MM-960nt Mainframe. The MM-960nt is available in many configurations with open and fixed architecture options. From small, stand-alone applications to large-scale integrated systems. All MediaMatrix frames are built with industrial-grade hardware, heavyduty power supplies and chassis systems designed for professional use.
MF 180r MF 180c
MM-960nt Mainframe • Passive backplane architecture • System controller card • Integrated VGA controller •10/100/1000 Base-T network interface port • Redundant 400 Watt power supplies • Universal voltage power supplies • Windows® XP Professional OS
• Two RS-232 COM ports • Supports up to eight DPU cards • Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.8 GHz • 512 MB DDR PC2700 RAM • 80 GB hard drive with drive sled • DVD-R/RW drive
Digital Processing Units
At the heart and soul of frame-based MediaMatrix processing systems is the classic MM-DSP Series DPU card. Each DPU in the product line includes four time-tested, proven Motorola 56K Series DSP processing chips. Three I/O options are available including CobraNet, Analog or AES/EBU.
MM-DSP-CN II DPU Card w/ CobraNet™ I/O
MM™-DSP-RJ DPU Card
MM-DSP-AES AES3 Card I/O
• 24-bit processing • Four Motorola 80 MHz 56002 DSPs • 64 channels of CobraNet I/O (32 input/32 output) • CobraNet technology using standard Ethernet • Integrated RS-485 port supports CobraNet serial bridging • Supports up to 16 input bundles or 16 output bundles
• 24-bit processing • Four Motorola 80 MHz 56002 DSPs • 64 channels of analog I/O (32 input/32 output) • 24 bit AD/DA converters • Software selectable sample rate of 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz
• 24-bit processing • Four Motorola 80 MHz 56002 DSPs • Software selectable sample rate of 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz • Sample-rate converter for each input • 16 AES3 stereo input signals (32 channels) • 16 AES3 stereo output signals (32 channels) • External house sync support • AES/EBU compliant when used with the 16XT • Support for S/PDIF I/O
Level I/II Contractor DSP Processing Miniframe™ II Series
The ever-popular Miniframe Series offers the performance of framebased MediaMatrix in a cost effective 2U package. The fully integrated Miniframe bundle includes an industrial rack mount frame, Windows operating system and integral MM-DSP Series DPU for one of the most powerful off-the-shelf DSP systems currently available.
Miniframe 280r • Two DSP-RJ DPU cards included • Intel Pentium 4 Series CPU • 512 MB DDR RAM • MWare 3.3.5 included • 64x64 maximum I/O configuration
Miniframe 280b • One DSP-CN DPU card included • One DSP-RJ DPU card included • Intel Pentium 4 Series CPU • 512 MB DDR RAM • MWare 3.3.5 included • 64x64 maximum I/O configuration 32x32 via standard BoB 32x32 CobraNet™
Miniframe II Features: • Integrated System controller with genuine Intel® CPU and SD RAM memory • MWare™ system design software • Integrated VGA video • ATAPI CD-ROM
Miniframe 280c • 10/100 network interface port • Universal voltage power supplies • Windows® XP Professional OS • One RS-232 COM ports
• Two DSP-CN DPU card included • Intel Pentium 4 Series CPU • 512 MB DDR RAM • MWare 3.3.5 included • 64x64 maximum I/O configuration
Miniframe 180r • One DSP-RJ DPU card included • Intel Pentium 4 Series CPU • 512 MB DDR RAM • MWare 3.3.5 included • 32X32 maximum configuration
Perhaps the most amazing of all DSP systems currently available, the classic X-Frame 88 is the industry’s best DSP value. At the core of the X-frame 88 is the same DPU made famous by frame-based MediaMatrix packaged with XWare™, a “light” version classic MediaMatrix software. One of the most specified DSP systems in existence, the X-Frame 88 is perfect for smaller applications or as a supplement to larger, framebased systems. Complete with onboard I/O, the X-frame 88 includes eight mic or line inputs, eight outputs, four control logic ports and an RS-485 data port. The popular MM-8802 Breakout Box extends the I/O of the X-Frame 88 to 24x24.
• One DSP-CN DPU card included • Intel Pentium 4 Series CPU • 512 MB DDR RAM • MWare 3.3.5 included • 32X32 maximum configuration
MM™ 8802 MM™-Line 4 MM™-AES 4 MM™-Mic 4 MM™-OUT 4 16XT™ AES3 CAB™ Series
MM™-8802 The MM™-8802 breakout box provides simple, efficient and cost-effective I/O expansion for all classic MediaMatrix products. With modular input bays and support for external control support, the MM-8802 includes front panel metering, 24-bit A/D converters and balanced line-level outputs. Connectivity is robust with MediaMatrix RJ type TX/RX interface to support Mainframe, Miniframe and X-frame 88 products. • Eight line-level analog inputs or optional mic inputs in four channel groups. • Eight line-level analog outputs • 24-bit quantization 64x over-sampling AD/DA converters • Software selectable 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz sampling rate • Eight 0-10 V analog control voltage inputs • Eight 5 V TTL logic outputs • Fault annunciation via front panel LED and rear contact closure • Software-selectable analog and digital input sensitivity/output drive • Supports RJ type and legacy “BoB cable” termination schemes • Single-rack-space. Forced air cooled package
MM™-OUT 4 (CAB 4n only)
• Four channels of low impedance, balanced analog inputs • Software controllable analog gain • Up to two can be used in X-Frame 88 or MM-8802 • Can be mixed with MM-Mic 4 (four line / four mic) • Up to four can be used in CAB 4n
• Four line level outputs • Support for only the CAB 4n • Up to four can be used in a CAB 4n
MM™-Mic 4 • Four channels of electronically balanced microphone inputs • Each channel has software-controlled 48 Volts phantom power • Each channel has software-controlled analog gain • Up to two can be used in X-Frame 88 or MM-8802 • Can be mixed with MM-Line 4 (four mic / four line) • Up to four can be used in CAB 4n
Companion Break-Out Box • AES/EBU standards compliant • Converts MM-DSP-AES DB37 cable to AES3 breakout for convenient wiring • I/O transformer
CAB™ I/O Series
for CobraNet™Audio Transport
As the first manufacturer to embrace CobraNet, the MediaMatrix® product line includes several options for interfacing this industry-standard audio transport technology. Options for reliable transport of uncompressed digital audio, analog I/O and AES are available for transport using standard Ethernet hardware and media. NWare™ & MWare software make it easy to source and deliver audio from any network location for multiple combinations of remote or local locations.
CAB Shared Features: • Four 16-position front panel rotary switches for unit ID
• Eight N/O-N/C relay (CAB 8 Series)
• Front panel level meter for each channel
• Supports RS-485 bridging
• 24-bit quantization 64x oversampling
• Word clock for system redundancy “buddy link”
• 48 kHz sample-rate
• Advanced audio routing when integrated with MediaMatrix
• Eight 0-10 VDC control voltage inputs (CAB 8 Series)
• Universal power supply (100-240 V 50-60 Hz)
• Eight 5 V TTL outputs (CAB 8 Series)
The CAB 4n breakout box was designed specifically for NION-based systems. Additional support for legacy MediaMatrix makes the CAB 4n an efficient option for a wide variety of systems. With support for the MM Series 4-channel input and output cards, the CAB 4n is a costeffective way to get the required system I/O. The CAB 4n supports any combination of I/O cards including the new MM-AEC4 Acoustic Echo Cancellation card and the MM-Out4 modular output card. Short loading is supported for maximum flexibility. The CAB 4n also includes configurable GPIO with a handy DIN-rail breakout assembly and support for RS-485 serial bridging. • Scalable I/O Architecture • Supports all 4-channel I/O cards • 8x8, 16x0, 0x16, 12x4 or 4x12 I/O configurations • Supports short-loading • Integrated CobraNet Serial Bridging, available with Rear Panel 16x16 or 32x32 channels support • Configurable GPIO • DIN rail breakout panel for external control terminations • Fan cooled 2U package with new NION cosmetics • Front panel audio metering • Front panel network status and fault indicators • Word clock sync option supports MediaMatrix Buddy Link 23
• CAB 4n CM2 (configurable using MM 4 I/O cards) • CAB 4n CM1 (required for ControlMatrix projects) • CAB 8i Eight mic/line inputs • CAB 8o eight line-level outputs • CAB 16i sixteen line-level inputs • CAB 16o sixteen line-level outputs • CAB 16d sixteen digital audio inputs & sixteen digital audio outputs AES3 and S/PDIF compatible
ControlMatrix® ControlMatrix is a comprehensive, industrial paging solution seamlessly integrated with MediaMatrix® NION® and frame-based DSP audio systems. Built on the stability of a robust, mission-critical paging controller, ControlMatrix provides powerful, versatile & efficient paging functionality for the most demanding applications. A powerful feature set that includes dynamic priority group paging, message scheduling, textto-speech conversion, ADA signage
ControlMatrix systems have been installed in world-class transportation facilities worldwide. The openended architecture makes ControlMatrix an excellent solution for integration within transportation system infrastructure. Integrated software and extensive options for transporting audio, control and data make ControlMatrix perfect for terminal buildings, ticketing lobbies and boarding areas. Support for thirdparty database systems, including but
control is available with integrated, configurable remote panels. Both stations and control panels are supported by an extremely stable redundant power supply designed for mission-critical applications. ControlMatrix represents the next generation in high-end paging communications. The world-class performance and proven reliability of MediaMatrix audio products is behind every ControlMatrix system. With the full resources, technical support and product development that has made MediaMatrix the first choice of the world’s best audio designers, ControlMatrix is making the best audio systems even better.
Airports Transportation Centers Stadiums and Sports Complexes Convention Centers Educational & Corporate Campuses Manufacturing Facilities Theme Parks Hospitals
Casinos Cruise Ships support, redundant operation and integrated supervisory technology provide stable, reliable performance for critical applications. Built on an open-architecture, network-based transport model designed to maximize infrastructure and minimize proprietary cabling, ControlMatrix provides flexible connectivity options with support for CobraNet™ audio networks, standard Ethernet and serial data systems.
not limited to FIDS/MUFIDS, is natively supported. Interface to ADAcompliant signage systems, serial and TCP/IP-driven control systems is integral without invasive requirements for additional hardware. A wide range of hardware options provide a simple and efficient design model. Full-featured microphone paging stations with high-quality audio electronics and intuitive controls are available for routine paging and administrative locations. Additional
Government Facilities Military Bases
Fully integrated, IP-based audio and visual paging management. Features and Capabilities PCU Series Paging Stations:
• Desktop and surface mount station options • Integral 4 and 32 programmable button “direct access” capabilities • 12 button keypad paging stations with support for up to 999 programmable paging codes • Integral password security • Integral high quality microphones with noise cancellation circuitry • Optional seamless telephone paging support • 16 telephone paging lines are supported, scalable using 2 and 4 channel telephone paging units • Voice-driven user prompts • Optional “store and forward” paging operation for zone management and maximum audio performance • High performance audio performance (48k .wav format audio) • Robust priority management software • 16 simultaneous record talk paths • 32 simultaneous playback talk paths
• Supports seamless communications (TelNet) with any 3rd party database • Automated database-driven paging announcements with TTS and .wav file assembly • Station security/capability via MUFIDS / PC terminals • Remote control of .wav file page announcement, transfer and storage
Other features, capabilities and benefits:
• Support for 31 different languages/voices available (male and female) • Supports Unicode non-Romanized character sets • Multiple user and language/voice playback supported • Seamless integration and assembly of pre-recorded messages
• Comprehensive message scheduling and intuitive graphical user interface • Scheduling of messages, background music and local/ assignable inputs • FIDS updated/automated announcements support via station-triggered control • Security/activity logging • Supports up to 250 PCU Series paging stations and 250 paging zones* • Dynamic Priority Grouping for unlimited priority levels • Full Auto Redundancy support • Mission critical, integral QnX operating system • SMS, email and printer support for log filtering, parsing and automated error/fault notifications • Simple system expansion and interlinking to other ControlMatrix systems • Unlimited expansion capability with MediaMatrix NION audio signal processing systems
ADA compliant signage display:
* With single Q-Host system at press time. Inquire for multiple host systems.
Text to speech:
• Support for all current signage displays via serial and TCP/IP Protocols • Pre-recorded messages associated with text files • Control of color and style on a per message basis
ControlMatrix® System Diagram
Infrastructure—the heart of any large scale integration. ControlMatrix supports multiple head end configurations.
Intelligent Paging Solutions from MediaMatrix® Next-generation airport paging designed to meet the challenges of a dynamic airport market. • Support for Automated Boarding Announcements • Supports NION® as the DSP engine and ControlManager™ for added control features • Western language support for Courtesy Announcement and Text-to-Speech applications • Improved Text-to-Speech engine includes improved voice sampling • Crest Audio NexSys® amplifier control support
PCU 5 PCU 4 PCU 2 PCU 3 RMP 1
The ControlMatrix product line continues to expand with the addition of several new options. The PCU™ Series of paging stations has been expanded with more options, including support for the new RMP1 slave station. The new station configurations make ControlMatrix perfect for airport gate/ jetway applications and provide an even more efficient option for system designers. With a choice of five paging stations and supplementary options, a wide range of system configurations are possible. ®
PCU Series Paging Stations Q-Host Paging Controller A-Host Messaging Controller C-Host Courtesy Announcement Controller System Management Software
PCU 1 Q-Host C-Host S560 PCU 2100 A-Host TPU 2/4
• Attractive desktop package • Keypad paging access supports 999 zones • Includes 32 quick-select page code buttons • Stem-style dynamic microphone • “Push-to-talk” bi-color status LED • Integrated microphone preamplifier • Rear-mounted cable harness for easy termination • Operates on DC or AC power • Balanced line level audio output • Data network interface supports CobraNet serial bridging
• Attractive surface-mount package • Keypad paging with LCD display • Handheld microphone with PTT switch included • “Push-to-talk” bi-color status LED • Busy status LED • Integrated microphone preamplifier • Removable Euro connectors for easy termination • Operates on DC or AC power • Balanced line-level audio output • Data network interface supports CobraNet serial bridging • Standard NEMA 4G mounting with 3” deep backbox • Supports one RMP1 sub-station
• Attractive desktop package • Keypad paging with LCD display • Keypad paging access supports 999 zones • Stem-style dynamic microphone • “Push-to-talk” bi-color status LED • Integrated microphone preamplifier • Rear-mounted cable harness for easy termination • Operates on DC or AC power • Balanced line level audio output • Data network interface supports CobraNet serial bridging
• Attractive surface-mount package • Four paging code select buttons • Handheld microphone with PTT switch included • “Push-to-talk” bi-color status LED • Busy status LED • Integrated microphone preamplifier • Removable Euro connectors for easy termination • Operates on DC or AC power • Balanced line-level audio output • Data network interface supports CobraNet serial bridging • Standard NEMA 4G mounting with 2” deep backbox • Supports one RMP1 sub-station
• Attractive 2G flushmount package • Assignable paging via attached PCU3 or PCU4 paging station • Handheld PTT microphone with mounting clip included • “Push to Talk” bi-color status LED • Busy LED • Seamless interconnect to PCU3 and PCU4 Paging Stations • Independent balanced mic-level audio output • Removable Euro connector • Standard NEMA 2G mounting with 2” deep backbox
• Attractive desktop package • Four paging code select buttons • Stem-style dynamic microphone • “Push-to-talk” bi-color status LED • LED zone status indicators • Integrated microphone preamplifier • Rear-mounted cable harness for easy termination • Operates on DC or AC power • Balanced line-level audio output • Data network interface supports CobraNet serial bridging
Desktop administrative paging station with stem microphone
Surface mount four-button paging station with handheld microphone
Surface-mount paging station with handheld microphone
Surface-mount, paging station with handheld microphone
Desktop paging station with stem microphone
Desktop fourbutton paging station with stem microphone
ControlMatrix® paging controller • QNX operating system • Integrated hardware/software package • Ethernet control interface • CobraNet audio interface (Ethernet) • Dynamic messaging support with optional S560 Messaging Card • Graphical user interface for configuration & control • Includes one Windows remote client license (WRAC) • Full zone and station management • Support for CobraNet Serial Bridging • Recorded audio file storage • Expandable architecture
Load-sharing redundant power supply • Two internal power supply modules for full redundant operation • Fault alarm for each module with front panel LED status indicator • Dual Form C rear-panel fault contacts • Supplies regulated power for up to 16 PCU Series paging stations • Supplies regulated power for multiple control panels • Operates in redundant/single supply mode • Supports all PCU Series field devices • Integrated active RS-485 distribution system supports up to 16 data home runs • Rear-panel mode select switch • Front-panel mode status LED • Integrated fault control with automatic reset • Removable rear-panel Euro connectors
ControlMatrix® messaging controller • QNX operating system • Integrated hardware/software package • Ethernet control interface • CobraNet audio interface • Dynamic messaging support • Supports up to two S560 MessageNet Cards • Up to two A-Hosts supported in each head-end • Graphical user interface for configuration & control • Support for CobraNet Serial Bridging • Recorded audio file storage • Expandable architecture
S560™ MessageNet Card The S560 MessageNet card provides optional dynamic messaging for ControlMatrix paging systems. The S560 is configurable as a single option for the Q-Host Paging Controller or in multiple configurations with the A-Host supplementary controller. Each S560 provides up to four simultaneous audio record streams and up to eight simultaneous audio playback streams via CobraNet for seamless audio integration.
Courtesy messaging controller • Windows® 2000 operating system • Powerful text-to-speech engine • Included 512MB RAM supports up to 3 voices • Supports up to seven voices with maximum of 1GB RAM • Voices available in multiple languages, male or female • Ethernet control interface • Seamless integration with the Q-Host • Supports multiple users and playback voices • Integrated hard disk storage
ControlMatrix® software provides integrated paging and messaging control and management. The QNX-based applications provide an extremely stable, efficient and high-performance operating platform. Optional Windows clients are also available for administrative control and supervision.
TPU2™/ TPU4™ Telephone paging units with two/four ports
• Provides telephone-based paging to up to 999 paging codes • Simulates PCU2 paging station functionality • Accepts up to two/four analog station port lines • Provides automated paging via DTMF • Prompts recorded as standard WAV files • Four-digit PIN number for security (configurable per line) • Includes 1U rack-mount kit • Connects to Q-Host or A-Host COM port for control • Connects to CABs for audio inputs and outputs
• Panel mounted DB9 connector • Supports pluggable connectors for PCU1, PCU2 and PCU5 stations • Rear-panel, removable Euro connectors for easy termination • Stainless plate • Standard NEMA 1G
Surface-mount terminating panel
System Controller Station Four-W Station Four
Among the most complex applications in the commercial audio industry, paging is now made easy with PageMatrix, our basic paging plug-in for NION® Series and MediaMatrix® frame-based audio processing systems. With PageMatrix, paging system design is simplified with intuitive cost-effective paging products. A stand-alone software application, paging controller and a host of remote paging stations provide an integrated and flexible approach for many paging applications. With MediaMatrix DSP processing at the core, PageMatrix provides the end user simple, transparent access to MediaMatrix’s powerful routing capabilities. With the integral WavePlayer software device, remote access of pre-recorded messages is only a button away.
Typical PageMatrix Configuration RS 232 Audio CAT 5 w/audio, data, and power
PageMatrix Command Center
Required for initial programming only
PageMatrix Paging Center
PageMatrix System Controller (Command Center)
• 16 station ports powered • 99 page zones available via MediaMatrix • 24 VDC input for emergency backup of stations • Supports up to 4 MediaMatrix DSP headend systems. • Supplies 24VDC to remote stations. • Utilizes industry standard CAT 5 cable and RJ-45 connectors for efficient installation. • Euro connectors for efficient audio connection to break-out-box
Paging Stations Station Four-W
• Four zone presets, programmable via PageMatrix command center • 5-pin XLR low-Z mic input • Electronically balanced • Mic level control +25 dBu full scale • Electronically balanced output • Handheld push-button mic • No local power required • Powered by 24 VDC from command center • Robust RS-485 communication • Standard NEMA 4G mounting with 2” deep backbox
• Four zone preset • 3-pin XLR low-Z mic input • 5-pin XLR aux low-Z mic input • Electronically balanced inputs • Mic level control +25 dBu full scale • Electronically balanced output • No local power required • Powered by 24 VDC from command center • Robust RS-485 communication • Simple interconnect using RJ-45 standard connectors and CAT 5 cable
• 99 zone presets, programmable via PageMatrix command center • 3-pin XLR low-Z mic input • 5-pin XLR aux low-Z mic input • Electronically balanced inputs • Mic level control +25 dBu full scale • Electronically balanced output • 20 X 2 LCD backlit • No local power required • Powered by 24 VDC from command center • Robust RS-485 communication • Simple interconnect using RJ-45 standard connectors and CAT 5 cable
A Division of Peavey Electronics Corporation mediamatrix.peavey.com
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive • Meridian, MS 39305 Phone: (601) 483-9548 • Fax: (601) 486-1678
Features and specifications subject to change without notice. Trademark Usage Intel® is a registered trademark of Intel Inc. Pentium® 4 is a registered trademark of Intel Inc. ATI is a registered trademark of ATI Technologies Inc. Motorola® is a registered trademark of Motorola Inc. CobraNet™ is a trademark of Cirrus Logic Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation SMAART™ is a trademark of SIA Software Printed in the U.S.A.