National Coordinators And Enthusiastâ€™s Meeting Targu Mures 2012
Medical Education Session
CONTENT 1. Introduction 1.1. Goals of the Pillar and the Session 1.2. Agenda of the NCMâ€™12 ME Sessions 1.3. Agenda of Day 1 2. Basics 2.1. EMSA ME Pillar - Project Definitions 3. Bologna Process 3.1. Introduction with a short history of the EU 3.2. Bologna Declaration 3.3. EHEA 3.4. The Process 4. MEDINE 2 4.1. Introduction 5. AMEE 5.1. AMEE (Association for Medical Education in Europe) 5.2. AMEE Conference and the Student TaskForce 6. Summer Schools 6.1. Introduction 6.2. Promotion of 2012 European SSs 7. World AIDS Day 7.1 EMSA World AIDS Day 2011 7.2. Discussion on EMSA WAD Questionnaire 8. International CandleLight Memorial Event 8.1. Introduction to CLM 8.2. CandleLight Memorial Event Held By Ilayda Uyat
1.Introduction 1.1 Goals of the Pillar and the Session - Introducing EMSA members to European projects dealing with medical education - Receiving input on current EMSA ME Projects - Supporting medical students to organise meetings and promote existing initiatives that offer the possibility to improve medical knowledge and skills - Support and promotion of events that increase the awareness and/or decrease the fears regarding medical field. 1.2. Agenda of the NCMâ€™12 ME Sessions Agenda of the NCMâ€™12 Medical Education Sessions was shared Day:1 Intro to ME, BP, MEDINE2, AMEE, SSs, WAD, CLM Day:2 Week of Medical Education (WofME) Day:3 TBH Project and creation of the Handbook 1.3. Agenda of Day 1 Agneda of Day 1 was focused and shared in details
2.Basics 2.1 Project Definitions EMSA ME Pillar Project definitions were shared with the Session participants. Detailed descriptions of projects can be reached via the following link: http://issuu.com/borislavmanev/docs/emsa_projects_2011-2012
3. Bologna Process 3.1. Introduction with a short history of the EU Participants were introduced a short history of the European Union as it is correlated with the idea that evolved, aiming for the European Higher Education Area thus creating the Bologna Process. (check out the interesting website of the EU: http://europa.eu/ )
3.2. Bologna Declaration As the starting point for the BP; History, properties and aims of the Bologna Declaration was presented to the participants. Bologna Declaration 1999, June: http://www.ehea.info/Uploads/Declarations/BOLOGNA_DECLARATION1.pdf
3.3. EHEA EHEA stands for European Higher Education Area and it constitutes the largest part among the aims of the Bologna Process. (http://www.ehea.info/) 3.4. The Process Progression of the BP and general overview of the following statements were shared. (BP Website: http://www.ond.vlaanderen.be/hogeronderwijs/bologna/) Ministerial conferences: http://www.ehea.info/article-details.aspx?ArticleId=43
4. MEDINE 2 4.1. Introduction MEDINE 2 was introduced and its roles in European Medical Education was presented. (http://medine2.com/)
5. AMEE 5.1. AMEE (Association for Medical Education in Europe) Introduction to AMEE, to its history, aims and activities. www.amee.org 5.2. AMEE Conference and the Student TaskForce The annual AMEE Conference and the opportunity for medical students to participate in this Conference with a financial support was presented. AMEE Conferenceâ€™12 was promoted and participants were encouraged to apply for the TaskForce.
6. Summer Schools 6.1. Introduction Following questions were answered: What are Summer Schools? How to participate in them? How to organise them? 6.2. Promotion of 2012 European SSs The List of 2012 European Summer Schools was shared and the list will be available online, in the new EMSA website.
7. World AIDS Day 7.1 EMSA World AIDS Day 2011 Activities were presented that were organised by EMSA members throughout Europe on 1st of December 2011. 7.2. Discussion on EMSA WAD Questionnaire The EMSA World AIDS Day Questionnaire was reviwed and revised. Many inputs were gathered from the participants. (please contact EMSA-MED for the questionnaire via email@example.com)
8. International CandleLight Memorial Event 8.1. Introduction to CLM International CandleLight Memorial Day was introduced. http://www.candlelightmemorial.org/ 8.2. CandleLight Memorial Event Participants were informed about the organisation of a CandleLight Memorial Event on 20th of May. An example CLM event was carried out: http://www.candlelightmemorial.org/list/details/12/360 All the participants lit their red candles and informed the public about the HIV and AIDS on Piata Trandafirilor (the street in the center of TarguMures) :)
HANDOUT OF THE MEDICAL EDUCATION PILLAR SESSION DAY1 IN EMSA NCM 2012, ROMANIA