The oceanâ€™s siren call lures many a vacationer with its commanding beauty and unique shades of blue. Heed the oceanâ€™s call and find your perfect shade of blue in this and all our 2014 brochures.
WELCOME! Thank you for choosing GOGO Vacations, your Complete Package Specialists! In this brochure, you will find our hotels and exciting sightseeing options in our favorite destinations. Along with this brochure and the help of your travel agent, you will have everything you need to make an educated decision on where to vacation next. Vacations are all about the memories created in paradise, and with the options you will find in this brochure, they will be memories that will last a lifetime! We look forward to helping you book the vacation you deserve! See you soon, Your Complete Package Specialists
PRICE BEAT PROMISE
Each destination has their
Have you heard about the Price
A highly recommended optional
premiere properties and with
Beat Promise? If we can book
add-on for purchase with every
GOGO Recommends youâ€™ll know
it, we will beat it! If you or
GOGO Vacations package,
which ones are our favorites.
your client finds a lower priced
providing you with extra travel
They are where the GOGO
vacation package through any
benefits and a future travel
experts want to stay!
other wholesaler or online
certificate to use on your next
retailer, GOGO will beat it by $1.
vacation booked through your
Throughout this brochure
look for any hotel listed as a
Our GOGO Consultants can price
preferred partner. These hotels
beat on the spot so there is
Ask your Travel Agent about
are recommended for you.
virtually little to no turnaround
these great benefits today!
24/7 SALES AND SUPPORT
Have you worked with one
Why sell your clients a vacation
We know travel is no longer
of GOGO’s Dedicated Group
when you can sell them a one
a 9 to 5 job. That’s why we’ve
Specialists? Don’t stress over all
of a kind experience designed
created the 24/7 Sales and
the details when we are here
with them in mind? myTime
Support desk, staffed by GOGO
to do it all for you! The next
enables travel agents to book
employees in the United States
time you have a group booking
participating hotels and receive
that understand your business.
with 10 rooms or more take
complimentary amenities that
The 24/7 desk can help stranded
advantage of all the added
can’t be found anywhere else!
travelers get back on their way,
perks, amenities, upgrades
Amenities can include a private
as well as help travel agents
and more! We work directly
check-in desk, welcome letter
make bookings, payments,
with the hotel to provide a
with an arrival gift in the room,
revisions, etc. while our branches
group contract with the best
departure gifts from the ground
rate, availability and added
operator, additional spa and
resort credits, resort discounts,
With GOGO on your side,
spa treatments, preferential
we have you covered 24 hours
You can contact a Go Groups
dining reservations and
a day, 7 days a week, 365 days
Specialists at 866.484.1272
preferred seating areas, and so
much more! Just when you think it can’t get any better, it does!
CONTENTS California San Francisco Hotels................................................. 13-14 Pacific Coast Hotels........................................................15 Los Angeles Hotels................................................... 16-18 Anaheim Hotels........................................................ 19-21 San Diego Hotels...................................................... 24-26 Palm Springs Hotels........................................................27 California Drive Time Map/Itinerary........................ 32-33 Sightseeing............................................................... 34-36 Las Vegas/Reno Las Vegas/Reno Hotels............................................. 45-50 Sightseeing.....................................................................51 Arizona/New Mexico Arizona/New Mexico Hotels..........................................62 Sightseeing.....................................................................63 The West The West Hotels..............................................................67 Northeast Northeast Hotels....................................................... 71-72 Sightseeing.....................................................................73 Southeast Southeast Hotels.............................................................79 Sightseeing.....................................................................80 General Conditions.............................................................83 6
About Our Star Ratings 22222 Exceptional properties offering the finest accommodations and amenities with an outstanding variety of premium facilities and services. 2222 Excellent properties offering well appointed accommodations and amenities with a superior variety of excellent facilities and services. 222 Comfortable and appealing properties offering dependable accommodations and amenities with a variety of facilities and services. 22 Moderately priced properties offering basic accommodations, amenities, facilities, and services. 2 Economically priced properties offering modest accommodations and limited amenities, facilities, and services. 1/2 star indicates that the property meets all criteria of the assigned rating and exceeds in certain areas.
KEY HOTEL FEATURES Throughout this brochure, certain hotel profiles denote one or more key features of that property. Below is a detailed guide to these distinctions to help you choose your best vacation spot! myTime Enhance Your Vacation with myTime!
When it comes time to choose a place to stay, why not go for
these are the places we stay when we take a vacation. Our
a true VIP experience? With myTime, you get a level of service
“Preferred Partners” share several essential qualities that make
unavailable to other guests, all at no extra cost!
them stand out from the competition, including:
What is myTime?
• Dedication – Like us, these featured brands go all out to give
myTime is a unique vacation concept, allowing guests to enjoy
you the best possible vacation.
special recognition and extra amenities at no extra cost. The
• Value – At any price level, these brands give you the most for
special treatments starts when you check in, and the perks don’t
end until you’re headed home. You’ll feel like the most important
• Reputation – Travelers, travel writers, and critics agree:
person on the property, and all you have to do is select a participating
These properties are the best of the best.
myTime resort when booking your vacation!
• Innovation – These featured brands constantly strive to
Where can you get myTime inclusions?
Hand-selected as the premiere accommodations in their destination,
improve the experience they provide for travelers.
The great thing about myTime is participating resorts are already some of the best properties around! Ask your Travel Consultant about myTime hotels available.
Unique in all the world, the United States is the ultimate vacation destination – a vibrant collection of experiences, natural wonders, landmarks, cities, culture, events, and people. The world’s third largest nation, the USA not surprisingly presents a vast wealth of vacation possibilities and pursuits, full of iconic sights and natural wonders, recreation, cuisine, history, a dynamic and welcoming people, and much more. Indeed, the attractions that make America a compelling destination are almost too many to list. NYC, Boston, Chicago, Nashville, New Orleans, Las Vegas, San Francisco, LA, San Diego, San Antonio, Seattle, Reno, Albuquerque, Phoenix – with so many magnetic cities, the United States is rich in culture and packed with fantastic shopping, award-winning cuisine, and world-class nightlife. It would take a lifetime to soak up all the famous natural sights across America, from the New England coastline, to the deserts of the Great Southwest, to the Rocky Mountains and the golden Pacific Coast. Where to go? Where to start? Your Travel Consultant can show you the best ways to make the most of your precious vacation time.
WEST VIRGINIA VIRGINIA
NEW HAMPSHIRE MASSACHUSETTS
RHODE ISLAND CONNECTICUT NEW JERSEY DELAWARE MARYLAND
WASHINGTON DC CALIFORNIA
NEW MEXICO MISSISSIPPI ALABAMA
NORTH CAROLINA SOUTH CAROLINA
LOUISIANA FLORIDA MEXICO
Gulf of Mexico
ALASKA Kauai Oahu
7 GREAT CALIFORNIA EXPERIENCES
California has about 1,000 miles of coastline, so make it a
point to visit great beaches
such as Coronado, El Matador,
Rincon, and Point Lobos.
California is so varied, so big, so enduringly symbolic, you could create literally thousands of vacations up and down the coast and barely scrape the surface of what the Golden State has to offer.
Beverly Hills, and Bel Air, and all the way to the beach at
Head to enigmatic LA and follow the stars along the Hollywood Walk of Fame, catch a baseball game at Dodger Stadium, and hang ten in the surf off Malibu. Enjoy a great view of San Francisco’s iconic Golden Gate Bridge from the harbor, then head north to savor the best of Napa Valley wine
explore fabulous nightlife
country. And gear up for family fun at Disneyland®, Universal Studios HollywoodSM, SeaWorld®
north and south, including
blues bars, comedy clubs,
dance halls, martini lounges,
concert stages, and much
The San Diego Zoo is one of the most progressive in the
world, and one of the few zoos
that houses the giant panda. Find your favorite bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon at one
of several hundred wineries
in Napa and Sonoma counties. Drive the fairways on celebrated golf courses
including Pebble Beach, Torrey
PGA West, and more. Look at San Francisco through a local’s eyes when you board
a cable car and chug through
Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf,
and other neighborhoods.
Diversity of Diversions
When the golden sun sets,
Good as Gold
Boulevard past Hollywood,
Redwood forests and hillside vineyards, sandy beaches and surfing meccas, chic Rodeo Drive shops and thrill-filled theme parks – California is all sunshine, beauty, relaxation, and good times!
Cruise LA’s fabled Sunset
San Diego, LEGOLAND® California, Six Flags® Magic Mountain, and Knott’s Berry Farm.
Shop to It Wander along LA’s Melrose Avenue for eclectic fashions or Rodeo Drive to visit boutiques frequented by the rich and famous. In San Diego, swing by the hip Hillcrest and Uptown districts for offbeat boutiques. San Francisco’s lower Hayes Street celebrates everything vintage, chic, artistic, or downright funky. Please see pages 32-33 for suggested California tour itinerary. Please see pages 34-36 for sightseeing & tour options.
CALIFORNIA: DESTINATION GUIDE
SAN FRANCISCO DINING San Francisco is an epicurean delight, with more restaurants per person than any other major North American city. You can find just about any food in San Francisco, a place where trends are set and culinary diversity rules. You’ll also find one of the country’s best selections of Asian food, particularly several varieties of Chinese. Organic and health food cafés, as well as vegan and vegetarian eateries, are legion. And so are Italian, Mexican, and seafood places. The nearby Napa-Sonoma Wine Country has spawned an acclaimed dining scene to match their award-winning vino offerings, including the only California establishments with three Michelin stars.
TOP ATTRACTIONS Alcatraz Island – The infamous penitentiary of Alcatraz Island, a.k.a. The Rock, was home to nefarious criminals, desperate escape plots, and even more outrageous tales. Fisherman’s Wharf – What was once the hub of San Francisco’s fishing fleet is now the city’s most popular tourist destination, which attracts over 12 million visitors annually. Get your fill of fresh seafood! Golden Gate Bridge – The iconic bridge is synonymous with San Francisco. There are observation areas and parking areas at the north and south ends of the bridge, and pedestrians can cross the bridge for free. Lombard Street – Perhaps America’s most quirky and picturesque street, this twisty thoroughfare is located in the residential neighborhood of Russian Hill. Telegraph Hill – One of San Francisco’s most picturesque neighborhoods, it boasts beautiful homes, lush gardens, amazing panoramic views over the city and bay areas, and the iconic Coit Tower.
SHOPPING San Francisco shopping is as varied as the city itself, from its grand department stores to its funky secondhand boutiques. Deep-pocketed buyers and window-shoppers alike mob the dozens of pricey shops packed into the blocks bordering Union Square, while bargain hunters dig through record shops and thrift stores in the Mission District and the Haight. From the anarchist bookstore to the mouthwatering specialty-food purveyors at the gleaming Ferry Building, the local shopping opportunities reflect the city’s various personalities: each neighborhood has its own distinctive finds, whether it’s ‘60s housewares, cheeky stationery, or vintage Levi’s.
CALIFORNIA SPORTS & RECREATION The Golden State is sports-crazy and boasts the weather to match, so gear up for: Golf – California has 1,140 golf courses to choose from, with top courses clustered around Palm Desert, San Diego, and La Quinta, plus internationally famed layouts at Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines, Northstar-at-Tahoe, and PGA West. Surfing – There’s great action up and down the coast, from Rincon (Santa Barbara), Mavericks (Half Moon Bay), Steamer Lane (Santa Cruz), and Salt Creek (Dana Point), to Huntington Beach, Malibu, Oceanside Pier, and Blacks Beach (San Diego). Skiing – There’s no shortage of world-class slopes, including Heavenly, Mammoth Mountain, Northstar, Snow Summit at Big Bear, and the 1960 Winter Olympics venue of Squaw Valley. Hiking – Basically, you can hike great trails all over the entire state, from
along the coast, to the redwood forests, to the Sierra Nevadas, and everywhere in between, for every fitness level and every terrain preference! Tennis – From the clay courts of La Costa to the grass courts in Palm Springs, there’s a host of destinations ideal for match play. Indian Wells Tennis Garden is as comprehensive as they come, plus you can watch the world’s best players in tourney action. Diving – The San Diego area is a mecca for scuba and assorted diving activities, with the best spots at La Jolla Cove and La Jolla Shores. You’ll see leopard sharks, marine seals, and sunken shipwrecks. Biking – Spectacular countryside surrounds you whether you stick to flat terrain such as in Napa and Sonoma, or mountainous areas like Yosemite and Tahoe.
CALIFORNIA: DESTINATION GUIDE
LOS ANGELES DINING Foodies are simply spoiled with choices in LA. The city’s untold eateries span Michelin-starred establishments to gourmet food trucks, with all manner of ethnic, mainstream, and classic dining options. Celebrity chefs like Wolfgang Puck, José Andrés, Ludo Lefebvre, Gordon Ramsay, Scott Conant, Kerry Simon, Tom Colicchio, Mario Batali, and Thomas Keller are all represented. And while ethnic and regional specialties are found all over, you should head to Glendale for Middle Eastern fare, Pico Boulevard for kosher, Koreatown for its eponymous goodness, West LA and The Valley for sushi, and the San Gabriel Valley for Chinese and Mexican dishes.
TOP ATTRACTIONS Disneyland Park – Set in Anaheim, the original Disney theme park is the only one designed and built under the watchful eye of Walt Disney himself. It’s the most famous theme park in the world.
Universal Studios – With its backlots, soundstages, and movie sets, Universal Studios is one of Hollywood’s oldest film studios and offers fun-filled tours.
high-end boutiques, and plenty of flea markets combine to cement the city’s relaxed yet stylish reputation.
Hollywood Walk of Fame – For starry-eyed ingénues and visitors alike, this is a must-see Los Angeles attraction, stretching 15 blocks along Hollywood Boulevard and three blocks of Vine Street, now with over 2,400 stars dedicated to show-biz greats.
If you’ve got no concern about splashing your cash while shopping in Los Angeles, make a beeline for Rodeo Drive and Robertson Boulevard. In West Hollywood, The Grove is a premier mixed shopping/dining/entertainment area that’s home to a range of top local and international brands. The Hollywood & Highland Center sports a similar mix of shops and has the added advantage of being right next to the red carpets when films premiere.
Los Angeles is known as the City of Angels, and it really is heaven for shopping. The scene is incredibly varied: up-and-coming local designers, the highest of
Santa Monica Pier – Take a trip into the past, when sodas were hand-pumped, classic arcade games amused, and the rollercoaster was the scariest and most thrilling ride there was.
SAN DIEGO DINING San Diego is the essence of laid-back living, and the dining scene reflects the vibe -- indeed, alfresco dining is a way of life in this perpetually sunny city. The bounty from San Diego’s farms, ranches, and open waters is playing a starring role, and the locavore movement is in full swing. Naturally, there are numerous seafood joints, many with by-the-sea ambiance and matching views. And the city’s obsession with simple Mexican fare, such as the beloved fish taco, continues unabated.
SHOPPING TOP ATTRACTIONS USS Midway – Explore the massive city-at-sea that was the longest-serving US Navy aircraft carrier of the 20th century, including galleys, officer’s country, sleeping quarters and the four-acre flight deck. San Diego Zoo – One of the world’s most celebrated and admired zoos invites you to get up-close and personal with gorillas, tigers, bears, giant tortoises, leopards, koalas, and giant pandas. Point Loma Lighthouse – From this high vantage point, enjoy panoramic views of downtown, the Naval Air Station, Coronado Bridge, and the distant mountains, plus stunning sunset views of the Pacific and nearby islands. Balboa Park – The nation’s largest “urban cultural” park is home to 15 museums, performing arts venues, gardens and arboretums, and the San Diego Zoo. There’s a full calendar of exhibitions, plays, musicals, concerts, and classes.
Whether you are window shopping, picking out a souvenir to bring back home, or buying an entire new wardrobe, you won’t be disappointed with the abundance of shopping choices that San Diego has to offer. Aside from malls, designer shops, and outlet centers, there are several neighborhoods to explore that feature one-of-a-kind boutiques, antique stores, art, home goods, furniture, and other desirables. Spend a day visiting areas like Little Italy, Mission Hills, Hillcrest, Gaslamp Quarter, Seaport Village District, North Park, South Park, Old Town, Ocean Beach, Village of La Jolla, Coronado, Cedros Design District, and Encinitas. And shopping in San Diego is really an international affair, as Tijuana is just ten miles down the road. Bring your passport, and dig for colorful crafts, jewelry, clothing, leather goods, pottery, and hand-woven textiles.
CALIFORNIA: SAN FRANCISCO HOTELS FEATURED SAN FRANCISCO HOTELS 1 Cova Hotel Alcatraz Island
2 Fairmont San Francisco Hotel 3 Grand Hyatt San Francisco
4 Holiday Inn Express & Suites
O’Farrell St. Civic Center
San Francisco Bay
California St. Pine St. Bush St. Sutter St. Post St.
5 Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf
ero ad arc mb eE Th
. ve sA bu m lu Co
Powell - Mason Line
Van Ness Ave.
Powell - Hyde Line
6 Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf 7 Palace Hotel San Francisco,
a Luxury Collection Hotel
8 Pier 2620 Fisherman’s Wharf 9 Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf 10 The Westin St. Francis
San Francisco on Union Square
Moscone Center San Francisco International Airport (15 miles)
Pier 2620 Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco
Cova Hotel 2222
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Newly renovated boutique hotel at famous Fisherman’s Wharf location; member of Preferred Group • 233 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar, convenience store • Club Lounge • Concierge • 24-Hr fitness center • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Sleek, contemporary boutique hotel close to Union Square, City Hall, Asian Museum & more • 96 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, continental breakfast • 24-Hr room service • Fitness center • Complimentary shuttle to Union Square & Fisherman’s Wharf
CALIFORNIA: SAN FRANCISCO HOTELS The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
• Iconic AAA Four Diamond luxury hotel atop Nob Hill with enchanting views • 591 AC rooms & suites • 3 Restaurants, 2 bars, café • Concierge, room service • Club One Health Club & Spa • Shopping, live entertainment, event space
• Landmark luxury hotel located directly on Union Square • 1,195 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, lounge, bar, coffee bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • St. Francis Renewal Spa, WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio • Westin Kids Club® • Shopping, dining & theaters nearby
Grand Hyatt San Francisco San Francisco
Hyatt at Fisherman’s Wharf 2222
• Premier hotel on Union Square, close to shopping & famous attractions • 659 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, lounge • Concierge • 24-Hr fitness center, salon • Business facilities • Local attractions nearby
• Landmark hotel steps away from Union Square • 556 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, 2 bars • Les Clefs d’Or Internationally Certified Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor heated skylit pool • 24-Hr fitness center, sauna, whirlpool
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fisherman’s 222 4 Wharf San Francisco • Modern hotel within walking distance of Pier 39, Alcatraz tours, cable cars, Lombard Street, Coit Tower & Ghirardelli Square • 252 AC rooms & suites • Free Express Start Breakfast Buffet • Outdoor pool at Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf next door • Fitness center • Tour desk • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf • Centrally located urban resort-style hotel close to Pier 39, Alcatraz & more • 531 AC rooms & suites • 4 Restaurants • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, sundeck • Sheraton Fitness Programmed by Core® Performance • Complimentary Wi-Fi in lobby
San Francisco • Contemporary hotel located just blocks from Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39, The Cannery & North Beach • 313 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, lounge, wine bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated lap pool, Jacuzzi • 24-Hr fitness center, sauna
Palace Hotel San Francisco, a Luxury 2222 Collection Hotel San Francisco
The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on 2222 10 Union Square San Francisco
Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf 2222
San Francisco • Convenient hotel just steps from Pier 39, Alcatraz, cable cars, Lombard Street, Coit Tower & Ghirardelli Square • 585 AC rooms • 2 Restaurants including 24-hr restaurant, bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool • Fitness center • Complimentary Wi-Fi
CALIFORNIA: PACIFIC COAST HOTELS The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
River Terrace Inn
Half Moon Bay
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Palatial luxury seaside resort on Travel+Leisure’s 2015 “T+L 500” • 261 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • 24-Hr room service • Spa, fitness center, whirlpool, sauna • Two 18-hole par-72 golf courses, lighted tennis courts • Supervised children’s program
• Award-winning luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Napa Wine Country • 105 AC rooms • Restaurant, lounge • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor heated pool • Fitness center, bike rentals • Wine tastings, Napa wineries tours • Business meeting & event space
The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa Sonoma
• Preferred Partner • Enchanting AAA Four Diamond hotel • 226 AC rooms & suites • Michelin-starred Santé restaurant, Big-3 restaurant, new wine lounge • Concierge • 6 Pools with natural mineral waters • Willow Stream Spa, fitness center • Sonoma Golf Club • Shuttle to Sonoma Town Square
CALIFORNIA: LOS ANGELES HOTELS 3
FEATURED LOS ANGELES HOTELS
11 Universal Studios
o w lly
lvd. Bev nB erly Gle
1 Andaz West Hollywood
Hollywood 1 7 . Beverly Sunset Blvd. Hills
12 Century City
2 The Beverly Hilton 4
Downtown Civic Center
Santa Monica Fwy. Santa Monica Venice Beach
3 The Garland 4 Hotel Angeleno 5 Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
at Beverly Hills
6 Kawada Hotel 7 Loews Hollywood Hotel 8 Marina del Rey Apartments 9 Omni Los Angeles Hotel
Marina Del Rey
LAX Int’l Airport
at California Plaza
10 Ramada Plaza Hotel West Hollywood
11 Sheraton Universal Hotel
13 Huntington Beach
12 W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills Long Beach
13 Hyatt Regency Long Beach
Laguna Beach Dana Point
Andaz West Hollywood Los Angeles
Loews Hollywood Hotel 2222
• Preferred Partner
• Stunning hotel on Sunset Boulevard, close to Hollywood’s many attractions • 239 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant & bar • 24-Hr room service • Outdoor rooftop pool, sundeck • 24-Hr fitness center • Meeting, wedding & event planning
• True urban oasis with prime location at base of fabled Hollywood Hills • 632 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated rooftop pool, cabanas • exhale Spa, fitness center, steam room • Kids & teens programs • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Preferred Partner
CALIFORNIA: LOS ANGELES HOTELS Sheraton Universal Hotel Los Angeles
Marina del Rey Apartments 2222
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• World-famous “Hotel of the Stars” overlooking Universal Studios HollywoodSM & San Fernando Valley • 451 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar, poolside bar • Outdoor heated pool, whirlpool • Sheraton Fitness® Programmed by Core Performance • Non-smoking, pet-friendly • Shuttle service provided by Universal Studios HollywoodSM
• Exceptional apartment properties located in Martina Del Rey, close to Disneyland® Resort & beaches • 590 AC apartments • On-site convenience store • Outdoor heated pools, hot tubs • Fitness center, on-site massage therapist • Tennis & basketball courts • Playground • Available Wi-Fi • Shops & restaurants within 5-10 minute walk
The Garland Los Angeles
Ramada Plaza Hotel West Hollywood 222
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Distinctive modern hotel in tranquil setting close to major Hollywood attractions • 257 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, 2 bars, pool bar • Outdoor heated pool, Jacuzzi, sauna • Fitness center, yoga, lighted tennis courts • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Complimentary scheduled shuttle to Universal Studios HollywoodSM, CityWalk & Metro station
• Colorful, newly renovated hotel close to LA’s biggest attractions • 176 AC rooms & suites • 3 Restaurants, bar, Starbucks® • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, fitness center • Enterprise Rent-a-Car® • Complimentary Wi-Fi
CALIFORNIA: LOS ANGELES HOTELS Hyatt Regency Long Beach Long Beach
Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California 2222 Plaza Los Angeles
• Sophisticated modern hotel atop historic Bunker Hill in heart of downtown LA • 453 AC rooms & suites • 3 Restaurants, bar • Room service • Outdoor heated pool, sundeck • Spa, 24-hr fitness center, jogging trail • Kids program
W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills Los Angeles • Preferred Partner
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza 22221/2 at Beverly Hills Los Angeles
• Charming hotel just minutes from Hollywood, Beverly Hills & Santa Monica • 209 AC rooms & suites • WEST Restaurant & Lounge • 24-Hr room service • Outdoor heated pool • Fitness center • Complimentary Wi-Fi, valet parking & shuttle (3-mile radius)
The Beverly Hilton
Hotel Angeleno 5
• World-class hotel close to Hollywood Hills, Rodeo Drive & Santa Monica beaches • 726 AC rooms & suites with balconies • Restaurants, 2 bars • Concierge, room service • Outdoor pool, cabanas • Equinox Fitness Club & Spa
• Sophisticated hotel just steps from Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills & close to Hollywood • 569 AC rooms & suites • CIRCA 55, Trader Vic’s Lounge • Largest outdoor heated pool in Beverly Hills • Aqua Star BABOR® Beauty Spa, fitness center
• AAA Four Diamond hotel, located in the foothills of Beverly Hills & Bel-Air, only steps from Rodeo Drive & minutes away from Santa Monica beaches • 258 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, bar • Bliss® Spa, fitness center
• Luxurious hotel just steps from major downtown attractions • 528 AC rooms with water views • Restaurant, lobby bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, whirlpool • Stayfit™ Fitness Center, Yoga Away™ • Meeting & events space • Close to local attractions
Kawada Hotel 2222
Los Angeles • Great value contemporary hotel within walking distance of Walt Disney Concert Hall & downtown attractions • 116 AC rooms • Full kitchenettes • 2 Restaurants, lounge • High-speed Internet access • One block to Metro (to Hollywood & Universal Studios HollywoodSM)
CALIFORNIA: ANAHEIM HOTELS
Anaheim La Palma
Medieval Times Knott’s Berry Farm
The Block at Orange
® 5 Disneyland 8
Orange 1 Anaheim Garden Grove 7 6 Stadium Ga rden G ve Fwy. ro 13 Bolsa Ave. Chapman
10 Harbor Ave.
Bolsa Chica Ave.
ta Mesa) Fwy. Newport (Cos Fw
Carson Street Ball Road
La Mirada Fullerton
FEATURED ANAHEIM HOTELS
John Wayne (Orange County) Airport
1 Best Western Plus Pavilions 2 Best Western Plus Stovall’s Inn 3 Clarion Hotel Anaheim 4 Desert Palms Hotel & Suites 5 Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa 6 Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort – Convention Center 7 Hilton Anaheim 8 Howard Johnson Hotel & Water Playground 9 Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa 10 Hyatt Regency Orange County 11 Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel 12 Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort 13 Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort 22221/2 9 & Spa Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Orange County
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• AAA Four Diamond beach resort in one of Southern California’s most unique locations • 517 AC rooms • 5 Restaurants, 4 bars, 2 poolside bar & grills, grocery • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor lagoon pool, water playground • Pacific Waters Spa, 24-hr Hyatt StayFit™ Gym, 7 whirlpools • Camp Hyatt, surfing lessons, bike rentals • Disneyland® shuttle
• Beautiful high-rise hotel just 1.4 miles from Disneyland® Resort • 653 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, bar • Concierge, room service • 2 Outdoor heated pools, sundeck, hot tubs • 24-hr Hyatt StayFit™ Gym, yoga • Tennis, basketball court • Shuttle to Disneyland® Resort ($)
CALIFORNIA: ANAHEIM HOTELS Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim 2222 Resort Anaheim
Best Western Plus Stovall’s Inn 12
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Newly renovated deluxe hotel located across from Disneyland® Resort • 490 AC rooms & suites with balconies • 3 Restaurants, 4 bars, snack shop, pool bar • Concierge • Outdoor heated pool, whirlpool, sundeck • Fitness center • Golf/entertainment/shopping nearby • Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
• Excellent value family hotel across street from Disneyland® Resort • 290 AC rooms • Restaurant adjacent to hotel • Concierge, room service • 2 Outdoor pools (adults), children’s pool, 2 Jacuzzis • Fitness center, shopping • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Best Western Plus Pavilions Anaheim
Clarion Hotel Anaheim 222
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Great value family hotel within easy walking distance of Disneyland® Resort • 99 AC rooms • Denny’s restaurant adjacent to hotel • Concierge • Outdoor heated pool, spa tub, sundeck • Fitness center • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Great value modern family hotel just one block from Disneyland® Resort • 284 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, sports bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, sundeck • Fitness center • Game room • Gift shop • Complimentary Wi-Fi
CALIFORNIA: ANAHEIM HOTELS Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel Anaheim
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove 222
• Contemporary hotel with California flair just 10 minutes from Disneyland® Resort • 376 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant & bar, coffee shop • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, hot tub • Fitness center, game room • Complimentary shuttle to/from theme parks • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Desert Palms Hotel & Suites Anaheim • Preferred Partner
• Kid-friendly hotel close to Disneyland® Resort • 195 AC rooms & suites, in-room micro-fridge • Restaurant, bar, free hot breakfast buffet • Outdoor heated pool, whirlpool spa • Fitness center, game room, kids activities • Free Wi-Fi & photo station in lobby
• Full-service, family-friendly AAA Three Diamond hotel adjacent to famous Knott’s Berry Farm • 320 AC rooms • Restaurant, bar,room service • Outdoor heated pool, whirlpool • Fitness center, sauna, steam room • Tennis & basketball courts • Complimentary shuttle to Disneyland® Resort • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa Anaheim
• AAA Four Diamond family-friendly hotel within steps of Downtown Disney® • 948 AC rooms & suites • 4 Restaurants, lounge, character breakfast • 3 Themed outdoor pools, water slides, hot tub • Mandara Spa, fitness center • Entertainment, activities
• Modern hotel ideally located one mile from Disneyland® Park & Disney’s California Adventure® Park • 251 AC rooms • Full-service restaurant, lounge, grab & go • Outdoor rooftop pool • Spa, fitness center • Self-service laundry facilities • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Hilton Anaheim Anaheim • Modern high-rise hotel just minutes from Disneyland® Resort • 1,572 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar, food court, pool bar & grill, Starbucks® • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, Jacuzzi, 2 sundecks • Spa, Hilton Anaheim Health Club ($), indoor lap pool, sauna • Complimentary Wi-Fi available in lobby
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort-Convention Center Anaheim 222 6
Howard Johnson Hotel & Water 222 Playground Anaheim
• Excellent value hotel within walking distance of Disneyland® Resort & Anaheim Convention Center • 303 AC rooms • Restaurant, convenience store • The Garden Pool, children’s wading pool • Castaway Cove, Speedy’s Sprayground • Game room • Complimentary Wi-Fi
CALIFORNIA: SAN DIEGO HOTELS FEATURED SAN DIEGO HOTELS 1 Bahia Resort Hotel
2 Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa
3 Days Hotel – Hotel Circle SeaWorld® Rancho Bernardo
4 Embassy Suites San Diego – La Jolla 5 Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa 6 Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside
d. Blv Re g e n ts R d. ena . or s St M
Torr tilu Nau
9 Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
nG sio Mis
Mission 7 11 Bay Seaworld
11 Sheraton Mission Valley
12 Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina 13 The US Grant, A Luxury Collection
Hotel Circle Old Town University Ave.
Harbor 15 Island
14 The Westin San Diego 15 Wyndham San Diego Bayside
Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa 9
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Unique urban resort in heart of San Diego on Gaslamp Quarter waterfront • 1,628 AC rooms & suites (over 200 connecting rooms) • 3 Restaurants, 3 lounges, 2 delis, café • 2 Outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, fire pit • Marilyn Monroe Spa, 24-hr Hyatt StayFit™ Gym • 4 Sports courts including tennis & basketball, Camp Hyatt for Kids • Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Idyllic tropical paradise • 311 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, lounge, pool bar & grill • Outdoor heated pool, Jacuzzi, free cabanas • Beachfront spa, fitness center • Water sports equipment rental • Complimentary Bahia Belle cruise • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego 22222
San Diego San Diego Zoo Int’l Airport
10 Paradise Point Resort & Spa
8 LEGOLAND® California Resort Hotel
Mission 1 Beach
7 Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa
ve ernor A . Gov vd. l B sa Me
CALIFORNIA: SAN DIEGO HOTELS Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa & Marina
Bahia Resort Hotel
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Chic tropical resort • 429 AC rooms & suites • 3 Restaurants, coffee shop, bar • Concierge, room service • 3 Outdoor heated pools, whirlpool, 3 water slides • Eco-friendly spa, 24-hr fitness center • Marina, water sports, fire pit • Seasonal water taxi to SeaWorld® San Diego
• Charming hotel on a 14-acre peninsula • 314 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, lounge, pool bar & grill • Outdoor heated pool, Jacuzzi, free cabanas • Tennis courts, fitness center • Water sports equipment rental • Complimentary Bahia Belle cruise • Bahia Kids Club • Complimentary Wi-Fi
The US Grant, A Luxury Collection Hotel
LEGOLAND® California Resort Hotel
San Diego (Carlsbad)
• Historic 1910 hotel located near lively Gaslamp Quarter • 270 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • 24-Hr fitness center, personal trainer available, in-room spa services • Live entertainment • Pet-friendly ($) • Nightly turndown service, complimentary bottled water
• AAA Four Diamond resort on Mission Bay, close to all of San Diego’s attractions • 357 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, 2 bars, coffee shop • Room service • Outdoor pool, children’s pool • Mantra Spa, fitness center • Water sports, bicycle rentals • 8 Tennis courts • Kids Klub
• LEGO®-themed hotel located at main entrance of LEGOLAND® California • 250 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, coffee shop, lounge, breakfast buffet • Room service • Outdoor heated family pool • Fitness center • Nightly children’s entertainment, daily LEGO® activities
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa San Diego
Paradise Point Resort & Spa 2222
San Diego • Elegant bungalow-style retreat on private 44-acre island in Mission Bay • 462 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, 2 bars, seasonal pool bar • 5 Outdoor pools, kids pool, Jacuzzi • Spa, fitness center, eucalyptus steam room, sauna • 18-Hole putting green, 5 tennis courts, surfing school • Full-service marina, water sports equipment
CALIFORNIA: SAN DIEGO HOTELS Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina San Diego
Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside 12
• Waterfront hotel on San Diego Bay • 1,044 AC rooms & suites • 3 Restaurants, 3 bars • 3 Outdoor heated pools, kids pool, whirlpool • Island Breeze Spa, fitness center • 4 Lighted tennis courts • Complimentary airport shuttle
• Modern hotel overlooking San Diego Bay & close to major attractions • 291 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, Jacuzzi • Fitness center • 9-Hole golf putting green, bicycle rentals • Complimentary airport shuttle • Free parking
The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Wyndham San Diego Bayside
• Modern hotel conveniently located in the heart of historic & vibrant Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego • 450 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Outdoor heated pool, indoor whirlpool • Pure Body Spa, WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio
• Modern high-rise hotel across street from San Diego Harbor & just a short stroll from Gaslamp Quarter • 600 AC rooms & suites with balconies • 3 Restaurants • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool • Fitness center • Complimentary airport shuttle • Complimentary Wi-Fi
Embassy Suites San Diego-La Jolla
Days Hotel – Hotel Circle SeaWorld®
• All-suite hotel just minutes from San Diego’s many attractions • 340 AC suites • 2 Restaurants, lounge, snack shop • Complimentary full cooked-to-order breakfast • Concierge, room service • Indoor pool, fitness center, sauna, hot tub • 12-Story tropical atrium with koi fish • Complimentary hosted manager’s reception
• SeaWorld® San Diego hotel in Mission Valley, just minutes from major attractions • 280 AC rooms • Restaurant • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, Jacuzzi • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Complimentary parking • In-room refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker
Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego • Modern, relaxing retreat overlooking Mission Valley & close to San Diego Zoo, Old Town, SeaWorld® & Balboa Park • 260 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant & lounge, Starbucks® • Room service • Executive Club Level & concierge • Fitness center • Outdoor heated pool, hot tub, sundeck
CALIFORNIA: PALM SPRINGS HOTELS FEATURED PALM SPRINGS HOTELS
To Joshua Tree National Monument Desert Hot Springs Park
Indian Wells 1 Hyatt Regency Indian Wells
Palm Springs 2 Riviera Palm Springs Rancho Mirage
3 The Westin Mission Hills Resort
Vista Chino Dr.
Frank Sinatra Dr. Country Club Rd. 40th Ave. yo 42nd St. n iv 1 Fred Waring Dr. e
P m al
Dinah Shore Dr. 3 Gerald Ford Dr.
Indian Wells La Quinta
Living Desert Reserve
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
• Casually elegant resort • 512 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, poolside café, lounge • The Spa at Mission Hills, fitness center, WestinWORKOUT® Gym • 3 Outdoor pools, water slide, whirlpool • Two 18-hole golf courses • 7 Lighted tennis courts • Supervised kids program
Riviera Palm Springs Palm Springs • Preferred Partner • Posh resort near Palm Springs with loads of activities, sports & more • 530 AC rooms & suites with private balconies or patios, 43 private luxury villas with butler service • 3 Restaurants, 2 bars • 7 Outdoor pools with kids splash area & adult pool • Agua Serena Spa, The Medical & Skin Spa, 24-hr Hyatt StayFit™ Gym • Two 18-hole golf courses, tennis center
• Contemporary resort set on 24 acres in the desert • 406 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, 3 bars, poolside bar • Concierge, room service • 2 Outdoor pools, Jacuzzi • SpaTerre, fitness center • Golf nearby • Complimentary trolley to Downtown Palm Springs & other areas
CALIFORNIA: DRIVE TIME MAP
Napa Valley/ Sonoma
195 Yosemite National Park
115 Monterey Carmel Big Sur 100 San Simeon
230 464 CALIFORNIA
45 San Luis Obispo 390
85 Las Vegas Solvang Santa Barbara 125 Santa Monica
280 Los Angeles Anaheim 105
Palm Springs 140
140 San Diego
*Numbers on map indicate miles from one city to the next
SUGGESTED ITINERARY: COMPLETE CALIFORNIA 11 Days/10 Nights San Diego Day 1: San Diego Kick off your California odyssey exploring the
comprehensive Wine Country tours that make your exploration easy! You may also have the meal of your life at one of the many award-winning and Michelin-starred restaurants in the area.
essence of the Golden State: Fun! Spend the day
Day 7: Napa/Sonoma Wine Country –
at SeaWorld San Diego, where you can not only
meet, touch, and feed dolphins, but also learn
In San Francisco, it’s a challenge just to find your
how to communicate with these astounding
favorite neighborhood: Chinatown-North Beach,
South of Market, Nob Hill, Mission District, The
Day 2: San Diego – Palm Springs Head northeast to Palm Springs, the venerable resort city made famous by Hollywood stars of the ‘50s and ‘60s. Golf on spectacular desert
Haight, Castro, Fisherman’s Wharf, Union Square, Russian Hill, Golden Gate… Best explored on foot, this city is packed with great restaurants, shops, and nightlife!
courses, hike in Indian Canyons and Joshua
Day 8: San Francisco – Monterey/Big Sur
Tree National Park, and ride a horse through
Head south on Route 1, California’s blacktop
jaw-dropping landscapes. Or spend time indulging
backbone, to Monterey, where the fog creeps into
your shopping urge on Palm Canyon Drive, lined
Cannery Row, and you can almost see Steinbeck’s
with shops, galleries, restaurants, and other
characters wandering its back alleys. Continue
south and savor every twist, turn, and splash of
Day 3: Palm Springs – Las Vegas No, Las Vegas is not in California, but it’s temptingly
salt spray at Big Sur – the California coastline at its most grandiose and inspiring.
close! You can drive or fly to Sin City and see
Day 9: Monterey/Big Sur – Solvang/
superstar entertainment, hit the casinos, visit
Lake Mead and the Grand Canyon, and dive into
On the way to Santa Barbara, make a stop at
exciting adventures you can’t find anyplace else.
Solvang, a cute and whimsical village with an
Day 4: Las Vegas – Yosemite The route from Vegas to Yosemite is filled with awesome natural wonders, and you can visit them all: Death Valley (the lowest point in the continental US), followed by Mount Whitney (highest point in same), Mammoth Lakes, and Yosemite, America’s first national park. The Total Yosemite Experience tour highlights the Valley, Giant Sequoias, El Capitan, Half Dome, and other unforgettable sights. Day 5: Yosemite – Lake Tahoe/Reno Proceed to the Sierra Nevada and Lake Tahoe/ Reno, where you’ll find a thriving gambling scene much like Vegas, but surrounded by perhaps the most spectacular scenery in the US. Lake Tahoe is a four-season playground beyond its own allure as one of the largest, deepest, and clearest freshwater lakes in the entire world. It boasts the highest
unremitting Danish theme to its culture and architecture. There are also a number of Spanish missions in the area, complete with original adobe buildings and Catholic Masses. You can visit some of the 100 wineries in the county while enroute to Santa Barbara, known as the “Riviera of the West.” Go shopping, indulge your taste buds at an award-winning eatery, and lounge on broad, white-sand beaches. Day 10: Solvang/Santa Barbara – Los Angeles Continue down the coast to sprawling Los Angeles, home to Hollywood’s celluloid dream factory and so much more! Take one of the many tours of stars’ homes and studios, including Warner Bros. Gear up for shopping on chic Rodeo Drive, go behind the scenes at Universal Studios HollywoodSM, and check out the hallowed handprints on the Walk of Fame (look, it’s Clark Gable!).
concentration of ski areas in North America, and
Day 11: Los Angeles – Anaheim
in summer it’s an unparalleled boating mecca.
Wind down your California adventure in Anaheim
Day 6: Lake Tahoe/Reno – Napa/ Sonoma Wine Country North of San Francisco, find your favorite bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon (or Merlot!) at one of the hundreds of wineries and vineyards in these two picturesque counties. There are several
at “The Happiest Place on Earth” – Disneyland! After visiting Adventureland, Main Street U.S.A., and Tomorrowland, head to Downtown Disney® District for shopping, dining, and entertainment for the entire family, including the ESPN Zone® and the World of Disney store.
Southern California CityPASS®
Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks
Disneyland® Resort Tickets
Anaheim A Southern California CityPASS® offers admission to four separate entertainment options—all at one great price. It is the only multi-park pass that includes the 3-Day Park Hopper® Ticket with Magic Morning early admission for Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park. Also includes one-day admission to both LEGOLAND California and SeaWorld San Diego.
Anaheim Walt Disney’s original theme park, Disneyland® Park, is the place where it all began! Eight themed lands are filled with timeless attractions and world-class entertainment. Disney California Adventure® Park has expanded with more Disney magic than ever, including the immersive Cars Land, enchanting experiences with favorite Frozen characters, and the popular World of Color nighttime spectacular.
Anaheim A multi-day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket allows you to go back and forth between the Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park as many times as you want, for the length of the ticket. When you buy a Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket for 3 days or longer, you receive one Magic Morning admission for early entry into Disneyland® Park.
Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets entitle Guests to admittance to both Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks over a specified number of days, including visits to both Theme Parks on the same day. All Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets are subject to certain restrictions and expire 13 days after first use. Each day of use of a Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket constitutes one full day of use. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with any other ticket offer, discount, or promotion. Park Hopper® Tickets of 3 days or longer include one Magic Morning admission for early entry into a designated Theme Park. A Magic Morning admission allows access to certain areas in a designated Disneyland® Resort Theme Park before the Park opens to the general public. While not available daily, the feature will be available multiple times per week. To enhance the Magic Morning experience, it is strongly recommended that Guests arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening. Applicable Theme Park, days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants and appearances of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity and other restrictions. All offers, events, tickets, age ranges, services, attractions and entertainment may be seasonal and are subject to change without notice. As to Disney photos, logos, properties: ©Disney
Citadel Day Shopping Tour Anaheim / Extreme Tours / 6 Hours Visit Los Angeles’ only shopping outlets on this tour to Citadel, featuring 115 stores, including Banana Republic, Calvin Klein, Old Navy, Michael Kors, Coach, Perry Ellis, Tilly’s, Kate Spade New York, and more! Take a break for great food at Ruby’s Diner, Nibi Pho Bistro, Maui Style Hawaiian Barbecue and other great dining options. Receive a free gift bag, VIP savings card to all stores, and a $20 gift card.
Universal Studios HollywoodSM Anaheim Depart from Anaheim to enjoy a day at Universal Studios® Hollywood where you’ll go behind-the-scenes for a look at real film and TV sets located on the Universal Studios Backlot while your expert guide shares the Studio Tour’s epic 50-year history. Coming Summer 2015, hold on tight for the Studio Tour’s all-new grand finale, Fast & Furious–Supercharged, where you’ll ride along with the all-star cast from the hit movies on a high-speed chase that exceeds 120 miles per hour.
Grand City Tour of Los Angeles Stars Homes & Beaches Anaheim / Starline Tours of Anaheim / Full Day Depart from Anaheim for this guided tour of Los Angeles, featuring famous sights and stars! See movie stars’ homes in beautiful Beverly Hills, visit the most popular California beaches, enjoy the glamour of Hollywood, and experience the history and excitement of Downtown LA. Highlights include the Chinese Theatre, the Hollywood sign, Sunset Strip, the Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Walt Disney Concert Hall, and many more.
City Sightseeing Hop-On/Hop-Off Double Decker Tour 24/48/72 Hour Pass Los Angeles / Starline Tours of Hollywood / 1-2-3 Day Pass Discover LA on Starline’s City Sightseeing Hop-On/Hop-Off tour with over 90 stops along the four loop route system! Enjoy the open-air view inside double-decker buses as this narrated tour points out movie studios, landmarks, and major attractions in Downtown LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Santa Monica. Stops include Rodeo Drive area, Century City, Fox Studios, and Chinese Theatre Hollywood.
Knott’s Berry Farm Anaheim / 1-Day Admission With dozens of rides, shows, and attractions in five themed areas, fun is always in season at Knott’s Berry Farm. Take a journey through the iconic Calico Mine Ride, stroll through the Old West Ghost Town®, hang with the PEANUTS gang in a fresh Camp Snoopy, and battle menacing sea creatures aboard the new interactive 4-D attraction Voyage to the Iron Reef™!
Hollywood Helicopter Tour Los Angeles / Extreme Tours / Half-Hour Get the ultimate view of Los Angeles with a helicopter ride over the city and its legendary landmarks, including the famous Hollywood sign, Beverly Hills, Sunset Strip, Dodger Stadium, the Getty Museum, the Griffith Observatory, and more!
Hollywood Sign On Horseback
Los Angeles City Movie Star Homes & Beaches Tour
Movie Star Homes & Warner Brothers Studios
Los Angeles / Starline Tours of Hollywood / 6.5 Hours See movie stars’ homes in Beverly Hills, visit popular California beaches, enjoy Hollywood glamour, and experience the history of Downtown LA. Highlights include the Chinese Theatre, the Hollywood sign, Sunset Strip, the Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, Walt Disney Concert Hall, the beaches of Santa Monica, and more. Free hotel pick-up/return included.
Los Angeles / Starline Tours of Hollywood / 5.5 Hours See where the stars work, live, and play! Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows, and see where the stars – such as Tom Cruise, Katy Perry, and Simon Cowell – come home to after work. Peek into neighborhoods of the rich and famous as well as the sets and backlots of Warner Bros. Studios. Complimentary hotel pick-up.
Movie Star Homes Tour
TMZ - The Official Tour
Universal Studios HollywoodSM
Los Angeles / Starline Tours of Hollywood / 2 Hours This live-narrated tour takes you to stars’ homes in Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Los Angeles as you see the iconic Hollywood sign, Walk of Fame, glittering Sunset Strip (including the infamous Viper Room and original Whiskey a Go Go), and Beverly Hills’ Rodeo Drive. Celebrity homes include Tom Cruise, Katy Perry, and Simon Cowell, and former estates of legends Elvis and Frank Sinatra. Free hotel pick-up/return included.
Los Angeles / Starline Tours of Hollywood / 2 Hours Enjoy a one-of-a-kind “Show on Wheels,” produced by the same team behind TMZ.com and TMZ.tv. See hilarious videos, learn secrets never before revealed, and play games to win free stuff. Board a custom bus with state-of-the-art audio/video and TMZ Guides ready to interview celebs and send footage directly back to the TMZ Newsroom. Complimentary hotel pick-up/return included.
Los Angeles Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the world-famous Studio Tour and go behind the scenes to explore real film sets where Hollywood movies are made. Then, face action head-on in heart-pounding rides, shows, and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular TV shows and movies – including “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem.” And, coming in Summer 2015, hold on tight for the Studio Tour’s all-new grand finale, Fast & Furious–Supercharged.
Harbor Cruise – Sea Lion Adventure
LEGOLAND® California Resort
Seaworld® San Diego
San Diego / 1- or 2-Day Pass 2015 brings new adventures to LEGOLAND® California Resort, including LEGO® Star Wars™ Death Star Model Display in LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland. Ride a carousel, stroll through horse stables, and play in Heartlake Fountain at LEGO® Friends Heartlake City. The resort features more than 60 rides, shows, and attractions. The resort is also home to LEGOLAND® Water Park, SEA LIFE® Aquarium, and the LEGOLAND® California Resort Hotel.
San Diego / 7-Day Pass SeaWorld® lets you connect with the wonder of the sea. Soar, dive, and twist like a ray on Manta, SeaWorld’s® first multi-media double-launch coaster. Surround yourself with gliding rays in a one-of-a-kind grotto. Connect with the sea through up-close animal encounters and amazing shows, including the multisensory Shamu show One Ocean. Then, race, ride, explore, and play at the Turtle Reef. Transportation from Anaheim and L.A. available.
Los Angeles / Extreme Tours / 2 Hours Be a cowboy for a day when you ride a horse from Sunset Ranch through the hills of Griffith Park (home to famous Griffith Observatory), up to the peak of Mount Hollywood for amazing 360° views of LA, and right up to the iconic Hollywood sign.
San Diego / 1 or 2 Hours Join a Harbor Cruise for the best views of San Diego on this classic sightseeing tour with a green twist. Along with landmarks, natural wonders, and military history, this outing also spotlights local environmental efforts through narration, video clips, and on-board displays. One- and two-hour cruises are available 365 days a year with four to six departures a day.
Dinner Dance Cruise
San Diego / 1 Day Admission Spend a full day at one of America’s most celebrated zoos and see Giant Pandas, koalas, giraffes, gorillas, Tasmanian Devils, Polar Bears, Arctic Foxes, tigers, jaguars, elephants, and much more! Includes all exhibits and shows, plus unlimited use of Guided Bus Tour, Express Bus, and Skyfari Aerial Tram.
San Francisco / 3 Hours This exclusive professionally guided ride takes you along the famous piers of San Francisco, through Crissy Field, and past Fort Point to the Golden Gate Bridge. Cycle on the west/ocean side of the bridge. Cross the bridge and ride to San Francisco’s most infamous and breathtaking monuments and graveyards that this city has seen since the 17th century.
San Francisco / Hornblower Cruises / 3 Hours Think of this experience as a delicious dinner with a dynamic twist. When the sun sets and city lights twinkle from the Bay Bridge to the Golden Gate, your cruise kicks into high gear. A four-course meal includes appetizers, salad, choice of entrée, and dessert, while live music and dancing round out this ideal sightseeing trip. Cruises are available year-round.
Red & White Fleet
Redwoods & Wine Country Escape
San Francisco / 2-4 Hours (48 Hours Hop-On/Hop-Off Pass) / Big Bus Tours Cruise across San Francisco Bay and go inside The Rock – a/k/a Alcatraz, the world’s most famous prison – on this combo package tour that also allows you to see all of San Francisco’s top sights and attractions in two days. The tour package also includes walking tours of Chinatown, North Beach, and Barbary Coast, plus the Sausalito Trolley Tour.
San Francisco San Francisco’s original sightseeing adventure and only multilingual bay cruise is narrated in 12 languages, including English, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Russian. This family-owned fleet provides 8-17 daily cruises with photo opportunities under the Golden Gate, next to Alcatraz, and along San Francisco’s skyline. Options include 60- and 30-minute bay cruises, and casual 2-hr sunset sailings with appetizers and live guitar music.
San Francisco / Extranomical Tours / 9 Hours Enjoy the morning exploring the spectacular Redwood Sequoia trees at Muir Woods, then relax in the afternoon while our tour guide introduces you to Napa-Sonoma Wine Country. This tour includes three wine tastings and visits small boutique wineries as well as famous Sonoma Plaza. Wine tasting is complimentary with the chance to try 5-10 delicious wines at each stop! There is an optional stop at the Golden Gate Bridge.
Streets of SF
Total Yosemite Experience
Wine Lovers Tour
San Francisco / 4 Hours Explore the back alleys of North Beach’s “Little Italy,” and get up close to the Transamerica Pyramid. See Barbary Coast and the historic supper clubs, ride around the Giants’ AT&T Ballpark and into the culturally rich Mission, Castro, and Haight-Ashbury neighborhoods. Ride to Polk Gulch, the city’s original gay neighborhood, and finish your ride in Aquatic Park. The journey concludes in festive Fisherman’s Wharf.
San Francisco / Extranomical Tours / 14 Hours See Yosemite and Giant Sequoias all in one day! This combination tour is the perfect way to get the most out of Yosemite National Park. Maximize your time in Yosemite (5-6 hours) by starting early and traveling more efficiently in smaller groups (13-passenger vans or up to 36-passenger minibuses). The tour generally stops at Yosemite Falls, Bridalveil Falls, Inspiration Point, El Capitan, Half Dome, and a Giant Sequoias Grove (weather permitting).
San Francisco / Extranomical Tours / 9 Hours Wine lovers enjoy ultimate flexibility on this tour, which may cover all Napa Valley, or all Sonoma Valley, or some of both (final itinerary to be decided by guides and guests!). Learn about the colorful history of California and wine making, as well as the science and art of wine making, wine tasting, and other fascinating topics. Sample wines from Napa Valley’s Stags Leap, Rutherford, and St. Helena, and/or Sonoma Valley’s Los Carneros and Glen Ellen.
San Diego Zoo
7 GREAT LAS VEGAS & RENO-TAHOE EXPERIENCES
Discover the truth about
LAS VEGAS & RENO-TAHOE
Vegas’ one-time dark side with
a visit to The Mob Museum,
stacked with interactive exhibits,
artifacts, and presentations.
America’s most exciting vacation destination, Las Vegas is an over-the-top adult playground lined with neon-laced casinos, spas, golf courses, nightclubs, top restaurants, and resorts like no other!
Join a tour from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon – America’s
most spectacular natural wonder
– just a few hours away.
Vegas Variety The Las Vegas Strip is a mind-boggling sight – mile after mile of stunning high-rise architecture, dazzling water fountains, and outrageous neon that lights up the night sky. But what’s behind this
Drive across the Hoover Dam,
façade is even more spectacular – big-name resorts with brilliant casinos, award-winning restaurants,
fly over it in an airplane or
superstar performers, panoramic views, sizzling nightlife, designer boutiques, championship golf,
helicopter, or cruise up to it in
over-the-top stage shows, wedding chapels, family attractions, gigantic swimming pools, pampering
a tour boat – but don’t miss
spas, and some of the world’s most luxurious hotel rooms!
this awesome man-made wonder!
Pull up a chair at more than a dozen Michelin-starred eateries
for truly incredible meals created
by the likes of Thomas Keller,
Masa Takayama, Daniel Boulud,
and Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
If there’s any question about what Las Vegas is all about, check out the slot machines at the airport when you arrive… Then board a flight and blow your winnings in Reno/Lake Tahoe! Visit the amazing hotel-casinos there, and get outdoors for boating and water-skiing on the lake, plus swimming, whitewater rafting, and, in winter, some of the best skiing in North America, including Squaw Valley, home of the 1960 Olympic Games. Please see page 51 for sightseeing & tour options.
Score tix for superstar entertainment including
Cirque du Soleil’s “O,”
“The Beatles LOVE,” and
“Mystere,” plus Broadway
shows like “Jersey Boys” and
magicians such as Penn & Teller.
Rent a boat – from WaveRunners and sailboats to powerboats
and fishing boats – and cruise
Lake Tahoe, one of the clearest
and cleanest lakes in the US.
Hit the slopes at stunningly beautiful Lake Tahoe, which
has North America’s largest
concentration of ski resorts.
Playin’ the Game
LAS VEGAS • RENO-TAHOE: DESTINATION GUIDE
LAS VEGAS DINING No less than 16 Michelin-starred eateries have opened in Las Vegas in recent years, erasing any doubt that the city has become one of the world’s top destinations for gourmands. So pull up a chair for truly incredible meals created by the likes of: • • • • •
Bobby Flay, Todd English, Alain Ducasse, Richard Sandoval, Nobu Matsuhisa Michael Mina, Mario Batali, Joël Robuchon, Charlie Palmer, Pierre Gagnaire Bradley Ogden, Scott Conant, Emeril Lagasse, Thomas Keller Jean-Georges Vongerichten, André Rochat, Roy Yamaguchi, Tom Colicchio Guy Savoy, José Andrés, Wolfgang Puck, and Julian Serrano
And Vegas wouldn’t be Vegas without the classic all-you-can-eat buffet, but now there’s a welcome twist: competition has pushed prices lower and the level of quality higher. Dig in!
TOP ATTRACTIONS The Neon Museum – Marvel at the astounding design and engineering of Las Vegas’ enduring gift to the world – the most outrageous neon signs ever made! You’ll see hundreds of historic pieces from decades past that helped put Vegas on the map.
National Atomic Testing Museum – A Smithsonian Affiliate, this offbeat museum is complemented by the US Dept. of Energy’s free tours of the Nevada National Security Site, where more than 900 atomic bombs were detonated between 1951-92.
Crystals at CityCenter. The Forum Shops at Caesars. The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian/The Palazzo. The Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood… The list could go on forever, and trust us, it does. In fact, it’s fair to say that shopping in Las Vegas beats shopping anywhere else in the world. If you’re in the market for something unique, head to East Charleston Blvd., the nexus of Las Vegas’ extensive antiques markets.
New York, London, and Paris have nothing on Las Vegas, home to some of the most spectacular shopping in the world. It’s like Fifth Avenue meets Rodeo Drive, with elite creations from the likes of Versace, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, and Armani.
Nearby Natural Wonders – The Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and Death Valley National Park are all easy day trips from The Strip.
Photo: Don Mammoser/Shutterstock.com
RENO-TAHOE DINING No doubt you’ll work up an appetite after all the outdoorsy action, but you’ll never worry about going hungry in Reno-Tahoe. Spread across areas including Tahoe City, South Lake Tahoe, and Truckee are about 300 different places to eat and drink. Follow a food trail around the lake by having one of the best breakfasts in Tahoe at Squeeze In in Truckee, then, come lunchtime, pull up a seat by the lake for some seriously scrumptious food at Sunnyside Restaurant, Tahoe City. Work up an appetite again before finishing the day off with a unique and tasty meal at Evan’s American Gourmet Cafe in South Lake Tahoe. Lake Tahoe has an abundance of restaurants that offer regional mountain cuisine. Most feature California cuisine with indigenous flavors, French, Mediterranean, and Asian influences. Locally farmed produce and meats are readily available to chefs, enabling them to prepare the freshest dishes possible.
Nevada Museum of Art – Gaze upon the work of masters at this excellent fine art museum in Reno, which hosts acclaimed exhibitions including
Don’t leave Reno-Tahoe with only your golden memories. Bring home the ideal gifts for family and friends from a wide range of boutiques, retail stores, shopping malls, and outlet stores.
Rembrandt, Raphael, and Warhol. National Automobile Museum – Check out more than 200 classic, historic, custom, and famous cars, including autos belonging to James Dean, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, and JFK, all formerly of The Bill Harrah Collection. Virginia City – Home of the legendary Comstock Lode silver discovery, this small mining boomtown looks much the same as it did back in its 1870s heyday. About 25 miles SW of Reno, it’s the nation’s largest National Historic Landmark.
The newest, hippest section of Reno, the Truckee River Arts District satisfies your dining and cultural musts. Both the CalAve and Riverwalk sections of the District feature unique shopping excursions to specialty shops, antique stores, boutiques, galleries, and unique culinary attractions. This area is quickly becoming Reno’s preeminent neighborhood retail, restaurant, entertainment, and business district.
LAS VEGAS: MAP Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Downtown Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa (10 miles)
Four Queens Hotel & Casino Golden Nugget
Las Vegas Monorail
Palace Station Hotel & Casino
Desert Inn Road
Las Vegas Convention Center Fashion Show Lane Fashion Show Mall
Treasure Island TI Hotel & Casino Valley View Boulevard
Sands Avenue The Palazzo Las Vegas
The Sands Expo Center
The Venetian Las Vegas Paradise Road
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Las Vegas Monorail Harrah’s Las Vegas The Mirage Hotel Casino
Hoover Dam and Lake Mead
Caesars Palace Las Vegas / The NOBU Hotel Caesars Palace Bellagio Las Vegas
Vdara Hotel & Spa
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Aria Resort & Casino
Flamingo Las Vegas
Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS STRIP
The LINQ Hotel and Casino
Platinum Hotel Las Vegas
Bally’s Las Vegas
Paris Las Vegas Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas Harmon Avenue
Elara, A Hilton Grand Vacations Club – Center Strip
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort & Casino New York New York Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Dean Martin Drive
Excalibur Hotel & Casino
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
The Signature at MGM Grand
The New Tropicana Las Vegas – A DoubleTree by Hilton Reno Avenue
Luxor Las Vegas
Mandalay Bay Delano Las Vegas
You’ll find the highlighted hotels profiled on the following pages 44
Green Valley Ranch (10 miles) McCarran International Airport
LAS VEGAS: HOTELS The New Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton
myTime EXCLUSIVE • Room Upgrade • 20% Spa Discount • 2-for-1 Laugh Factory Tickets • Free Wi-Fi • 50% Discount on Drinks at Tropicana Lounge (daily 4-6pm)
myTime / Preferred Partner • Newly renovated, casually elegant resort experience with South Beach vibe on Las Vegas Strip • 1,467 AC rooms & suites • 4 Restaurants & lounges, Starbucks®
• Outdoor free-form pool, Jacuzzi, sundeck, pool lounge, cabanas • Glow®, A Mandara Spa, fitness center, steam room, salon • 50,000-sf 24-Hr casino, new race & sports book
The Palazzo Las Vegas Las Vegas
• Tropicana Beach Club, live music in Tropicana Lounge • Laugh Factory Las Vegas, Havana Room, “Raiding the Rock Vault” in Tropicana Theater, “The New ILLUSIONS” • Wedding services, shopping
The Venetian Las Vegas 22222
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• All-suite casino hotel with world-class spa & celebrity chef dining • 3,064 AC suites • 40 Restaurants, 10 bars, coffee bar, poolside dining • 9 Pools, 2 hot tubs, cabanas • Canyon Ranch SpaClub® • Casino, LAVO Lounge, 4 theaters • Grand Canal Shoppes
• All-suite resort with casino, entertainment & celebrity chefs • 4,028 AC suites • 40 Restaurants, 10 bars, lounges, 2 poolside bars • 9 Pools, 2 hot tubs, cabanas • Canyon Ranch SpaClub® • Grand Canal Shoppes • Casino, Tao Nightclub, 4 theaters
LAS VEGAS: HOTELS Caesars Palace Las Vegas Las Vegas
The NOBU Hotel Caesars Palace 22221/2
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Prestigious hotel featuring superstar entertainment • 3,960 AC rooms & suites • Over 25 restaurants & cafés • Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis • Qua Baths & Spa • Casino • Live entertainment including Celine Dion, Rod Stewart, Elton John, Jerry Seinfeld & Mariah Carey • Omnia Nightclub, The Forum Shops
• Luxurious, celebrity-driven boutique hotel at Caesars Palace featuring world-class dining & amenities • 181 AC rooms & suites • 25 Restaurants, 7 bars • Concierge, room service • 6 Outdoor pools • Qua Baths & Spa, COLOR Salon, fitness center • Omnia Nightclub • The Forum Shops
The LINQ Hotel & Casino
• Preferred Partner
• The Strip’s first boutique hotel, featuring a design that blends modern & vintage • 188 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, 3 bars • Concierge, room service • Outdoor pool, beach club • Fitness center • Drai’s (Beach Club, Nightclub & After Hours Club) • Curios Gift Retail Shop • Close to LINQ Promenade & High Roller
• New modern hotel next to LINQ Promenade & world’s largest High Roller • 2,256 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, 3 bars • Concierge, room service • Outdoor pool • Fitness center • Casino, Jeff Civillico Show • Frank Marino’s Divas Las Vegas
• Preferred Partner
LAS VEGAS: HOTELS Paris Las Vegas Las Vegas
Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino Las Vegas 2222
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Unique hotel with style & ambiance of Europe’s most romantic city • 2,569 AC rooms & suites • 11 Restaurants including Gordon Ramsay Steak • 2-Acre outdoor pool • Hypnotist Anthony Cools & Eiffel Tower Experience • Napoleon’s Jazz Band • “Jersey Boys” smash Broadway musical
• Unique all-suite resort hotel with world-class entertainment • 2,522 AC suites • 13 Restaurants, 3 coffee bars • 4 Outdoor pools, beach, 5 Jacuzzi-style spas • Spa & salon • Casino, Penn & Teller • Chippendales, Bevertainers, iBar • Complimentary shuttle to The Strip
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Larger-than-life casino hotel on Las Vegas Strip • 2,569 AC rooms & suites • 24 Restaurants & lounges • 2 Outdoor pools, 6th-floor sun terrace • Planet Hollywood Spa by Mandara • Premium shopping at Miracle Mile • Casino • Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez
• Non-gaming luxury hotel & spa above Las Vegas Strip • 1,282 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor year-round heated pool, whirlpools • Spa, salon, fitness center • Kids club • Shopping adjacent • Wi-Fi included
LAS VEGAS: HOTELS Bally’s Las Vegas Las Vegas
Harrah’s Las Vegas 2221/2
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Glamorous, legendary casino hotel in center of The Strip • 2,814 AC rooms & suites • 11 Restaurants, coffee bar • Outdoor pool, cabanas • Spa & salon • Casino, race & sports book • Donn Arden’s Jubilee!
• Great value resort on Las Vegas Strip with top-notch dining, spa, entertainment & casino • 2,526 AC rooms & suites • 10 Restaurants, bar, poolside café • Olympic-size outdoor pool • Casino • Shows including “Million Dollar Quartet,” Mac King, The Improv
Flamingo Las Vegas
Aria Resort & Casino
• Spectacular high-rise resort hotel • 4,004 AC rooms & suites • 16 Restaurants, 9 bars • 3 Outdoor pools • 80,000-sf Spa, fitness center, salon, saunas • 150,000-sf Casino • HAZE Nightclub • Viva ELVIS® by Cirque du Soleil® • Crystals at CityCenter Shopping
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Las Vegas • Preferred Partner • Exciting hotel-casino next to the High Roller & LINQ Promenade • 3,460 AC rooms & suites • 7 Restaurants, bar • 15-Acre tropical pool & wildlife area • Casino, race & sports book • Live shows, including Donny & Marie Osmond • 6 Wedding locations • Margaritaville Casino
• Unique luxury resort & casino • 2,995 AC rooms & suites (many with private terraces) • 13 Restaurants, 5 bars & lounges • Pool District, 3 outdoor pools, cabanas, sundecks • Sahara Spa & Hammam • 100,000-sf Casino • Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub at The Cosmopolitan
LAS VEGAS: HOTELS MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
The Signature at MGM Grand 22222
• Elegant retreat in heart of the action at MGM Grand • 1,728 AC suites (non-gaming/non-smoking) • Restaurant, bar, in-suite dining • Exclusive pool complex • Spa, fitness center with cardio equipment • Gated private entrance • Access to MGM Grand
• AAA Four Diamond Award resort hotel • 5,034 AC rooms & suites • 18 Restaurants, 6 lounges • 6.5-Acre pool complex, Wet Republic Ultra Pool • Grand Spa & Christophe Salon • Grand Garden Arena, Hollywood Theatre • Nightlife at Tabu Ultra Lounge & Studio 54 • Casino
Elara, A Hilton Grand Vacations 22221/2 Club – Center Strip Las Vegas
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
• Sleek hotel tower in heart of Las Vegas Strip • 1,200 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar, Starbucks®, seasonal pool bar • Concierge, room service • Outdoor heated pool, whirlpools, sundeck, cabanas • Fitness center • Direct access to Miracle Mile Shops
• Legendary Las Vegas mega-resort – the ultimate in playful relaxation & seductive exhilaration • 3,044 AC rooms & suites • 11 Restaurants, 8 lounges • Waterfall pool • Kim Vo Salon/The Spa • Casino/JET Nightclub • The Beatles “LOVE” by Cirque de Soleil®/ Terry Fator – Celebrity Impressionist • Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort & Casino
• Luxury resort hotel with superstar entertainment & non-stop gaming • 1,505 AC rooms & suites in 3 different towers • 5 Restaurants including Mr. Lucky’s & Nobu • Paradise Pool featuring Rehab Sundays Pool Party • Reliquary Water Sanctuary & Spa • Reliquary Salon • Fitness center • Live entertainment at The Joint & Vinyl
• AAA Four Diamond resort with luxurious accommodations, superb amenities & gourmet dining • 3,211 AC rooms & suites • 21 Restaurants, 8 lounges • 11-Acre Mandalay Beach • Spa Mandalay • Shark Reef Aquarium • Disney’s “The Lion King” • Shopping at Mandalay Place • Tram to Excalibur & Luxor • Casino
• AAA Four Diamond luxury getaway in heart of The Strip • 3,002 AC rooms • 8 Restaurants, 6 lounges • Lazy river & wave pool • The Spa at Monte Carlo • Jabbawockeez Dance Show • Street of Dreams Shopping • Wedding chapel • Casino
Mandalay Bay Las Vegas
Photo: Kobby Dagan/Shutterstock.com
LAS VEGAS • RENO-TAHOE: HOTELS Treasure Island – TI Hotel & Casino
Luxor Las Vegas
• Majestic hotel packed with entertainment • 2,884 AC rooms & suites with pillow-top beds • 10 Restaurants, 6 bars & lounges • Tropical outdoor pool • Oleksandra Spa & Salon, fitness center • Live entertainment • Sirens of TI® • Mystère™ by Cirque du Soleil® • Wedding chapels, shopping
• Landmark pyramid-shaped luxury hotel on The Strip • 4,408 AC rooms & suites • 8 Restaurants, 9 bars, food court • Pool complex, Nurture Spa • Fantasy Dance Revue, Carrot Top, “Menopause the Musical” • Criss Angel® Believe™ by Cirque du Soleil® • Wedding chapel • Tram to Mandalay Bay & Excalibur • Casino
Harrah’s Lake Tahoe
South Lake Tahoe, Nevada • Landmark high-rise hotel with panoramic views • 512 AC rooms & suites • 9 Restaurants, 4 bars, 24-hr room service • Indoor pool, Jacuzzi • Reflections Spa, fitness center • Casino, night club, entertainment, shops • Ski valet, near Heavenly Gondola
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort Spa 22221/2 & Casino North Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Harvey’s Lake Tahoe
• Luxury mountain-lodge style with private beach just minutes from area’s best skiing • 422 AC rooms, Family Suites & Lakefront Cottages • 6 Restaurants, lakefront dining & lounge • Year-round heated pool, 2 outdoor jet spas • Stillwater Spa, 24-hr Hyatt StayFit™ Gym, water sports • Camp Hyatt for Kids, arcade • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Complimentary shuttle to select ski resorts
• Tahoe’s largest resort, only 1,500 ft from Downtown Gondola • 742 AC rooms & suites • 8 Restaurants, 6 bars, concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor heated pool, hot tub • Fitness center, sauna • 24-Hr casino, The Improv Comedy Club • Near Heavenly Gondola
• Lively hotel-casino in heart of downtown Reno • 928 AC rooms & suites • 6 Restaurants, 2 bars, Starbucks® • Concierge • Outdoor pool • Fitness center • 2 Casinos • Live entertainment
South Lake Tahoe, Nevada
LAS VEGAS: SIGHTSEEING
Angelika Boutique Concierge
Graceland Wedding Chapel
Angelika Boutique Concierge offers memorable oneof-a-kind experiences in Las Vegas that are convenient, hassle-free, and customized to fit the needs of their clients. You receive access to the best seats for all headliners and special events as well as access to the most exclusive nightclubs like Marquee, XS, Tao, LAVO, and Tryst. There are also bachelor and bachelorette packages featuring plenty of table services.
Wedding Packages One of the few wedding chapels left on the fabulous Las Vegas Strip, Graceland Chapel has been a matrimonial landmark for over 50 years. Voted Las Vegas’ #1 wedding chapel two years in a row, Graceland is known for its personal, quaint setting with unmatched, award-winning service. The chapel offers professional photography, limousine, floral, and digital recording services, plus a reputation that can’t be beat.
Serving over 700 destinations worldwide, this industry leader invented the art of sightseeing with tours, activities and attractions. Founded in 1910, primarily offering excursions throughout North America, the company has since grown into a multi-faceted, global sightseeing powerhouse specializing in well-rounded destination experiences that include adventure and eco tours, luxury tour services, and budget-friendly activities, as well as culinary, cultural, and historical pursuits.
Mears Private Transportation
Red Rock Canyon
Explore the best attractions with this exclusive familyowned ground transportation company. Select from their shuttle vans, motor coaches, and luxury vehicles including sedans, SUVs, and vans. Experience exemplary customer service like no other and enjoy the ride.
Pink Jeep Tours / 4 Hours You’ve already seen the dramatic Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area as the backdrop for numerous movies and TV shows. Along the 13-mile scenic drive you’ll view the impressive Wilson Cliffs as well as the brilliantly colored Calico Hills. Stop at the visitor center to see fascinating exhibits and a desert tortoise habitat. An off-road adventure up Rocky Gap Road reveals beautiful desert wildflowers, ancient Native American pictographs, and diverse vegetation.
Richard Petty Driving Experience – Ride Along
Valley of Fire State Park
Western Territory Tour
Wind Dancer Helicopter
Pink Jeep Tours / 6 Hours Explore one of Nevada’s most visually stunning sites! The surroundings are loaded with vibrant color, fantastic rock formations, and world-class petroglyphs. You’ll see natural works of art such as Rainbow Vista, Atlatl Rock, and Fire Canyon with petrified sand dunes sculpted into amazing shapes and contours only wind, water, and time could create. Experience the magnificent backdrop of the Mojave Desert and learn about local Native American cultures.
Maverick / 5 Hours Fly in style in a Beechcraft 1900D aircraft to the Grand Canyon, where you’ll take a walk upon on the Grand Canyon Skywalk more than 4,000 feet above the Colorado River. Enjoy spectacular views along Eagle Point and receive a brief introduction to the Hualapai Indian legends and culture at the Indian Village. At Guano Point, observe a breathtaking view of the Canyon, then enjoy a meal while admiring the awe-inspiring beauty of the Grand Canyon.
Maverick / 3.5 Hours Experience an exhilarating flight over Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, and Lake Mead, enjoy amazing views of Temple Rock, Iceberg Canyon, and Fortification Hill, and keep an eye open for wildlife. Then, fly through the Grand Canyon and land below the rim on Hualapai Indian Territory. Champagne, beverages, and a light snack will be served. The tour concludes with a breathtaking flight over The Strip and Downtown Las Vegas.
4 Hours Prepare for an exhilarating adventure in Vegas with a one-of-a-kind driving experience at Las Vegas Motor Speedway as you ride along in a 600-HP NASCAR style race car at speeds in excess of 160 mph! This adrenaline-pumping tour consists of three high-speed laps with a professional instructor behind the wheel. Plus, you’ll also get a facility overview, a tour of the race shop, and a stop at the gift shop.
8 GREAT ARIZONA & NEW MEXICO EXPERIENCES
Pick up some beautiful handcrafted wares made by
the Taos Pueblo community
using techniques passed down
ARIZONA & NEW MEXICO From the majesty of the Grand Canyon to the seclusion of some of the world’s best spas, from their modern cities to their ancient cultures, Arizona and New Mexico are irresistible destinations.
Slip away to an intimate spa for pampering treatments
inspired by Native American
Arizona Stunning natural beauty, Southwestern ambiance, and a sun-kissed climate make Arizona a top
vacation destination. The wide-open Sonoran Desert, pristine mountain vistas, giant boulder formations,
Showcasing the artist’s
and towering saguaro cacti make up the magical landscape of Carefree. Tee off on legendary golf
definitive collection, the
courses, rejuvenate at deluxe spas, and retreat to luxurious resorts in Phoenix and neighboring
Georgia O’Keeffe Museum
Scottsdale. Sedona’s magnificent Red Rock scenery is the gateway to the Grand Canyon.
in Santa Fe is the only museum
in the world dedicated to an
American woman artist.
and a distinct spiritual aura. An hour south is Albuquerque, the state’s largest city. Its multiculturalism,
than 370 golf courses across
natural beauty, ancient attractions, spectacular climate, museums, galleries, and shops make it a
Head to Phoenix for exciting sports action, including the
Suns, and Coyotes, plus
NASCAR, Indy Car, PGA,
and LPGA. Shop for authentic Native American jewelry and pottery
at the Palace of the Governors
in Santa Fe, a designated
UNESCO Creative City.
Visit Albuquerque’s Old Town, which hosts more than
130 shops, art galleries,
Check out the latest art-world buzz at more than 590 galleries and museums in Downtown
punctuated by Santa Fe. This magnetic city is home to more than 300 art galleries, historic architecture,
Drive the fairways on more the two states.
New Mexico – a/k/a The Land of Enchantment – is a landscape of desert and wide-open sky,
great destination. Please see page 63 for sightseeing & tour options.
ARIZONA • NEW MEXICO: DESTINATION GUIDE
ARIZONA DINING Some of the country’s greatest Tex-Mex restaurants can be found in Phoenix as well as authentic Mexican and contemporary southwest cuisine. The 16th St. Corridor boasts the highest concentration of Mexican restaurants, snack bars, ice cream shops, candy shops, panaderias, and carnicerias in the Valley. Tucson fancies itself the Mexican food capital of the US, and you can find numerous purveyors of simple street tacos and tamales that easily support the claim. Almost every region of Mexico is represented in the restaurants of Tucson, with eateries focusing on Sonoran, Baja, Chihuahua, Oaxaca, Mexico City, and many other styles of Mexican.
Desert Botanical Garden (Phoenix) – Take a fascinating look at Arizona’s unique topography and landscapes, with some 50,000+ plant displays showcased in beautiful outdoor exhibits over 140 acres, plus desert animals such
Like all major cities, Phoenix has many lovely shopping malls with all the brand names featured, most of them located just outside the city. But you can easily find the Western clothes that are essential staples of the region, such as jeans and boots, cotton shirts and dresses, 10-gallon hats, and bola ties – the state’s official neckwear!
as lizards, birds, and occasional roadrunners. Arizona Capitol Museum (Phoenix) – There’s no better way to learn about the history of Arizona, from territorial days, through the creation of the state, and into the present day. Located in the government complex near downtown Phoenix.
Discover the arts of the Southwest’s true natives – Navajo weavers, sand painters, and silversmiths; Hopi weavers and kachina-doll carvers; Pima and Tohono O’odham (Papago) basket makers and potters, and many more. If a day trip is in your plans, head to the famous arts community of Sedona, filled with lovely galleries and independent shops, and a great place to find Native American arts and crafts.
Verde Canyon Railroad (Sedona) – The remote Verde Canyon, located west of Sedona, is renowned for spectacular scenery that can’t easily be accessed – except via the Verde Canyon Railroad, a four-hour trip featuring vintage passenger coaches and locomotives.
Photo: Michael E Halstead/Shutterstock.com
TOP ATTRACTIONS Art Studio Tours (Santa Fe) – Join one of the numerous tours of artists’ studios in and around Santa Fe, always a great opportunity to meet acclaimed area artists, see where they work, and learn about their creative processes.
DINING A land of red-hot chili peppers and cool cultural cuisine, you’ll find a cornucopia of authentic Native American and Mexican cuisine in Santa Fe. Above all, Santa Fe is known for its contemporary Southwestern cuisine, a blending of Mexican, American, and European recipes. Santa Feans worship at the altar of chili peppers so much that the last two weekends in September host the Green Chile & Red Wine Festival and the Really Chile Festival. “Red or green?” is the question most asked in Albuquerque, referring of course to your choice of chili peppers… Much like Santa Fe, this city’s top cuisine is based on native ingredients like corn, beans, squash and chillies, and incorporates Mexican, Native American and Spanish flavors (although chili is always the most important element).
Bandelier National Monument – Explore over 33,000 acres of rugged, beautiful canyon and mesa country as well as evidence of a human presence
Shopping in Santa Fe is an odyssey of charming historic buildings filled with treasures handmade and hard to find anywhere else – cowboy boots, concho belts, silver and turquoise jewelry, pottery, hand-blown glass, and more. Also,
here going back over 11,000 years. Petroglyphs, dwellings carved into the soft rock cliffs, and standing masonry walls pay tribute to the early days of a culture that still survives in the surrounding communities.
dive into an unparalleled contemporary arts and gallery scene focused on painting, jewelry, sculpture, fiber arts, and photography.
Hot Air Ballooning (Albuquerque) – Several companies provide truly memorable hot air balloon trips in and around Albuquerque, giving you the experience of a lifetime. With clear blue skies, calm winds, and mild temperatures, the weather is almost always perfect for stunning views.
And look for Native American jewelry and countless other fabulous finds in Albuquerque. Authentic Southwestern pottery, weavings, rugs, art and more fill the picturesque adobe shops and galleries of historic Old Town.
ARIZONA • NEW MEXICO: HOTELS Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at 22222 Troon North® Scottsdale, Arizona
Hilton Sedona Resort & Spa
• AAA Five Diamond Award golf resort amid lush Sonoran Desert • Condé Nast Traveler “Readers’ Choice 2014” • 210 AC casita rooms & suites, 44 AC villas • 3 Restaurants, 2 bars, poolside bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • 2 Outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, children’s pool • Spa, fitness center, sauna, 2 tennis courts • 2 Tom Weiskopf-designed courses at Troon North® Golf Club • Complimentary kids club
• Sedona’s only full-service golf & spa resort, located at gateway to Arizona’s Red Rock Country • 219 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • 3 Pools, Jacuzzis, pool bar • 25,000-sf Spa, aerobics room • Tai chi, Pilates, Zumba & yoga classes • 3 Lighted tennis courts, heated lap pool • Pet-friendly, pet patio dining
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch Scottsdale, Arizona 22222
HYATT House™ Scottsdale/Old Town
• Elegant resort set against majestic McDowell Mountains • 493 AC rooms with patios or balconies • 5 Restaurants, 3 bars, 24-hr room service • 10 Pools, sand beach, water slide • Spa Avania, fitness center • 27 Holes of golf • Nightly live music • Signature Camp Hyatt kids club
• Spacious residentially-inspired accommodations • 164 AC 1- & 2-bedroom suites with kitchens • Complimentary hot buffet breakfast • H Bar, 24-hr guest market (grab & go) • 24-Hr fitness center • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Complimentary shuttle
Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
• AAA Four Diamond resort amid Phoenix North Mountains & Sonoran landscapes • 584 AC suites • 4 Restaurants, 3 bars • The Falls Water Village – 8 pools, water slide • Tocaloma Spa & Salon, Workout Centre • 18-Hole championship golf course
• Family-friendly desert resort in heart of Sonoran Desert • 563 AC suites • 2 Restaurants, 3 bars • 8 Outdoor pools, Hole-in-the-Wall River Ranch Water Park • Tocasierra Spa, Salon & Fitness Centre • Coyote Camp Kids Camp • 18-Hole golf course at nearby Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa
Santa Ana Pueblo, New Mexico
• Ideal resort for couples, families, golfers & spa-goers • 732 AC rooms, suites & casitas • 10 Restaurants & bars, exclusive Scotch Library • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor adult pool, adventure pool, lazy river, FlowRider® • Agave - The Arizona Spa, WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio • Championship golf course (27 holes)
• Pueblo-style resort majestically situated along Rio Grande River • 350 AC rooms & suites • 5 Restaurants, lounge, poolside food & beverage service • 3 Outdoor heated pools including adults-only & kids pools • Camp Tamaya (ages 3-12), cultural activities
Canyon Dancer Helicopter Tour
Canyon Spirit Helicopter Tour
Grand Canyon, Arizona / Maverick / Half Hour Experience exhilarating helicopter sightseeing at the Grand Canyon, departing from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon over Kaibab National Forest. You’ll head toward the Tower of Ra and fly north through the Dragon Corridor and over the mighty Colorado River towards the North Rim. View the Tower of Ra and Vishnu Schist rock formation as you fly back through the Dragon Corridor. From this point you can see some of the oldest exposed rock layers in the world.
Grand Canyon, Arizona / Maverick / 1 Hour Experience exhilarating helicopter sightseeing at the Grand Canyon, departing from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon over Kaibab National Forest. In the distance, it’s possible to see the Painted Desert and the Desert View Watchtower. Follow the Colorado River upstream to where it merges with the Little Colorado River, and view Marble Canyon and Point Imperial as you fly through the canyon and climb above the North Rim. Experience fabulous views on the North Rim, then head south through the Dragon Corridor.
Apache Trail / Canyon Lake Steamboat Cruise
Colors & Canyons Tour
Grand Rails Tour
Phoenix / 12-13 Hours This unique adventure begins with a journey aboard an executive van through the Sonoran Desert to Sedona Red Rocks, where you can take photos and pick up a picnic lunch. Board a deluxe helicopter for an awesome 45-minute flight over the Grand Canyon, followed by a 3-hour exploration on foot. The return trip includes a stop at an authentic Navajo trading post. Includes transfers, ground transportation, and helicopter tour.
Phoenix / 13 Hours Depart early morning for a trip through the Sonoran Desert to Williams, Arizona. Situated on historic Route 66, Williams is the departure point for the Grand Canyon Railway. Travel past broad plains and mountains along the way to the Grand Canyon. Enjoy the breathtaking views and lunch (on your own). Later, board a sightseeing vehicle to Mather Viewpoint for photo opportunities and learn about the history and geology of the Grand Canyon before returning to Phoenix.
Phoenix Valley Highlights
Sedona Red Rock Adventure
Tucson & The Sonoran Desert
Phoenix / 4 Hours This is an excellent introduction to the Valley of the Sun. View the expansive Phoenix metro area from the top of South Mountain, then learn all about the local communities as you travel through Tempe, Scottsdale, and downtown Phoenix. Discover interesting facts about the Sonoran Desert and the historic development of Phoenix, the sixth largest metropolitan area in the nation.
Phoenix / 10 Hours Visit the prehistoric ruins of Montezuma Castle, the Chapel of the Holy Cross, and uptown Sedona during this day tour led by local guides. The red rock formations of Sedona provide great photo opportunities and inspirational views. There is time for lunch on your own as well as shopping and local gallery visits. An exclusive backcountry Jeep excursion into the surrounding countryside is included.
Tucson / Arizona Tour & Travel Group / 10 Hours Travel to Tucson, one of Arizona’s oldest cities, boasting rich Spanish heritage and charming Southwest architecture. Visit San Xavier Mission with its beautiful art and unique history, then tour downtown Tucson’s art and historic district with a stop at Old Town Artisans for shopping and lunch on your own. Next stop is Sabino Canyon to experience Sonoran Desert vistas by way of a scenic tram ride. (Fridays only)
Phoenix / 9 Hours Journey along the scenic Apache Trail at the base of the Superstition Mountains to Goldfield Ghost Town. Next, take a relaxing steamboat cruise on beautiful Canyon Lake. Catch a glimpse of bighorn sheep and bald eagles, and learn about the Apaches from your boat captain. After your cruise, stop at the “bustling” town of Tortilla Flat, the last surviving stagecoach stop along the Apache Trail. A lunch stop will be made at either Canyon Lake Marina or Tortilla Flat.
Grand Canyon via Sedona & Navajo Reservation Phoenix / 13.5 Hours Sedona’s colorful red rocks have long been an inspiration to artists, filmmakers, and visitors. This tour brings guests to the Chapel of the Holy Cross, and to browse local shops and galleries. Guests may also include an optional backcountry Jeep tour into the surrounding Red Rock Spires for fantastic views, or add the amazing Sedona Ruins Helicopter flight for an additional upgrade charge. Tour departs early morning and last approximately 10 hours.
7 GREAT US WEST EXPERIENCES
Amble along San Antonio’s dazzling River Walk, a verdant
oasis of cypress-lined paved
paths, arched stone bridges,
and lush landscapes.
With endless horizons, otherworldly landscapes, and energy-packed cities from Seattle to San Antonio, the American West presents vacation possibilities as vast as its wide-open spaces. Entertain your dreams and whimsy in the American West, from the towering Rocky Mountains, to
Saddle up for a horseback ride
the hilly vistas of Texas, to the majestic National Parks, to the cosmopolitan cool of Seattle in the
in Texas’ beautiful Hill Country.
Bring the kids to San Antonio
for freewheeling fun at
Celebrate local and regional cuisines in every corner of the West, including San Antonio (“Tex-Mex
SeaWorld San Antonio and
Capital of the World”), Seattle (a city that literally runs on coffee), and Austin (home to dozens of
acclaimed BBQ eateries).
Six Flags® Fiesta Texas.
Rock out at Seattle’s Experience
Music Project, which celebrates
Head to the top of Seattle’s Space Needle for dinner and awesome views of Mount Rainier, the
Jimi Hendrix, the Northwest
Olympic and Cascade ranges, and beyond. And, speaking of space, check out more than 400
rock scene, and American pop
fascinating artifacts – including moon rocks – at Space Center Houston, the Official Visitor Center
Journey to the top of the Space Needle, Seattle’s most
iconic structure, for amazing
views, fine dining, and an
experience you’ll never forget.
Free to Ski, You & Me The towering alpine slopes of the American West are home to unmatched winter thrills, so bring your skiing gear to the Olympic Games venues of Park City, Utah.
Boogie down to great sounds at more than 250 venues in
Austin, the Live Music Capital
of the World.
of NASA Johnson Space Center.
Hot-foot it to century-old Lucchese, the famous Western
bootmaker, or Texas Junk Co.,
which stocks over 1,000 pairs
of pre-loved boots, for the
cowboy footwear of your
THE WEST: DESTINATION GUIDE DINING One of the most restaurant-oriented cities in the US, Houston presents a thriving community of ethnic restaurants, superb Tex-Mex, classic Texas steakhouses, and Gulf Coast seafood eateries. Its fine dining scene has exploded in recent years, with Downtown, Montrose, Midtown, and the Heights as its epicenter. While San Antonio is appropriately known for its Tex-Mex fare, it is, like many cities, becoming more adventurous, diversified, and eclectic in its culinary offerings. Austin, long a BBQ mecca, is drawing raves for its regional and international offerings.
Foodies flock to Seattle, whose new-wave chefs focus on its first-rate local produce and seafood, while employing the latest and most imaginative techniques. The city’s devotion to artisanal and craft beers may be second-tonone, and its love of coffee is, in a word, legendary. Photo: cdrin/Shutterstock.com
Rocky Mountains – America’s spectacular Rocky Mountains deliver four seasons of fun, with hiking, skiing, rafting, and other recreation options, all within easy access from some of the West’s largest cities. Houston’s Parks – Houston’s Memorial Park is the city’s prime urban oasis, with jogging and biking trails, tennis courts, open green spaces, and other diversions. Hermann Park, about half the size of NYC’s Central Park, encompasses such attractions as the Miller Outdoor Theater, the Houston Zoo, the Houston Museum of Natural Science, and the Hermann Park Golf Course. The Alamo – almost needs no introduction. An icon of American history, the fortifed Spanish mission sits in the center of San Antonio, a shrine to the blood expended in Texas’ War of Independence from Mexico. Yellowstone National Park – One of the world’s most famous parks holds half the planet’s geothermal features, including more than 300 geysers – such as “Old Faithful”– plus pools of boiling mud, and an amazing array of wildlife. Park City – Home of the 2002 Winter Olympics, this complex hosts three world-class resorts and offers outstanding skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, snowmobiling, sleigh rides, and tubing – and that’s just during the winter months! San Antonio River Walk – Lining the length of the San Antonio River and set just below street level, this lively promenade defines the city’s downtown area and features miles of restaurants, shops, hotels, and other attractions. Hop onto a guided barge tour for a relaxing afternoon trip. Sundance Film Festival – Headquartered in Park City, Utah, and held each January, it’s one of the largest independent film festivals in the world, showcasing new work from American and international independent filmmakers, both feature-length and short films.
SHOPPING Widely recognized as the number one shopping and tourist destination in Houston, The Galleria is the largest mall in Texas and ninth largest in the US, lined with upscale stores from Neiman Marcus, to Gucci, to Tiffany and much more. At the other end of the scale, 19th Street in the Heights is a funky hot spot for boutiques and antique shops, interspersed with cool cafés. Seattle’s Pike Place Market is one of America’s oldest continuously operated public farmers’ markets, and Seattle’s most popular tourist attraction, featuring farm stands, craft stalls, antique dealers, collectibles shops, restaurants, head shops, and fishmongers, among many other eclectic offerings. Just outside the city, the indoor-outdoor Fremont Sunday Market is a thriving, diverse European-Style street market featuring craftsmen and artists, as well as stalls offering antiques, collectibles, retro and vintage fashions, tools, deluxe junk, and estate sale treasures.
THE WEST: HOTELS Zion Mountain Ranch Mount Carmel, Utah
Yellowstone Park Hotel 2221/2
West Yellowstone, Montana
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Charming ranch with AAA luxury accommodations • 55 AC rooms & suites • Buffalo Grill (organic cuisine) • On-site buffalo preserve • 5-Minute drive to Zion National Park • In-room microwave & small fridge • Complimentary Wi-Fi (select rooms)
• Yellowstone Park’s newest lodge closest to Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center, IMAX theater & Historic Center • 84 Rooms & suites • Complimentary continental breakfast • Indoor pool, spa tub • Fitness center • In-room fridge, microwave, coffee-maker
The Westin Galleria Houston
San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
San Antonio, Texas
• Modern high-rise hotel connected to upscale Galleria Shopping Center • 487 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, 2 bars • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor heated pool • In-room spa services • WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio • RunWESTIN™
• Modern high-rise hotel in heart of San Antonio, just steps from Alamo and close to outstanding dining, shopping & nightlife • 512 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant & lounge, coffee bar, Starbucks® • Concierge, room service • Indoor-outdoor pool, sundeck • 24-Hr fitness center, spa services, sauna • Wi-Fi available
Omni Austin Downtown
Fairmont Olympic Hotel
Austin, Texas • Modern hotel in Downtown district, close to great shopping, dining, entertainment & local attractions • 375 AC rooms • Restaurant, bar, coffee bar • Room service • Outdoor heated rooftop pool, sundeck • 24-Hr fitness center • Omni Sensational Kids
• A Seattle landmark since 1924 & the Pacific Northwest’s only AAA Five Diamond hotel • 450 AC rooms & suites • 3 Restaurants, bar, piano bar, afternoon tea • Concierge, room service • Indoor heated pool • Penelope & The Beauty Bar Spa, fitness center, personal trainers, whirlpool, sauna • Shopping
5 GREAT NORTHEAST EXPERIENCES
Groove to late-night jazz, blues, and rock at one of
Chicago’s numerous music
NORTHEAST Soaring cities, iconic historic sites, super sports and entertainment, and endlessly captivating attractions make the Northeast US a fascinating and entirely unique destination.
Explore NYC’s expansive
America’s historic Northeast is home to some of the most celebrated cities in the nation, as well as
Central Park, including the
awe-inspiring landscapes and natural attractions.
Mall, Bethesda Fountain,
Strawberry Fields, the Zoo,
and Belvedere Castle.
City Sights & Sites Explore some of the country’s most famous monuments and landmarks: • Tour Boston’s historic Old North Church and Faneuil Hall.
Spot outrageous outsize works
• Check out the Empire State Building, stroll through Rockefeller Center, and people-watch in
by Picasso, Calder, Oldenburg,
Times Square in New York.
and Chagall on the streets
• Join a cruise on the Chicago River to spot architectural gems like the Willis Tower (formerly the
Sears Tower), John Hancock Center, Wrigley Building, and Aon Center.
That Toddlin’ Town
Buy tickets to any of the star-
Everything is big in Chicago, from towering skyscrapers to voluminous Lake Michigan and the
studded dramas, comedies,
city’s wildly diverse range of entertainment. Long known as America’s “Second City,” this bustling
and musicals now playing in
metropolis has the capacity to overwhelm. So breathe in, steel yourself, and experience Chicago like
Broadway’s 40+ theaters.
a local – with a hot dog in hand and a spring in your step!
Join up with incredibly partisan fans to cheer on the Yankees, Cubs, Giants, Jets, Mets, Nets,
Knicks, Sox (White and Red),
Celts, Devils, Rangers, Islanders,
Blackhawks, Bulls, Pats, Bears,
and Bruins at the most legendary
sports venues in the world,
including Fenway Park, Madison
Square Garden, Yankee Stadium,
and Wrigley Field.
Please see page 73 for sightseeing & tour options.
NORTHEAST: DESTINATION GUIDE
NEW YORK DINING You can enjoy pretty much any kind or style or food, at almost any time of day, in at least one of the city’s five boroughs, from the most anonymous sidewalk hot dog cart to the most exclusive gourmet restaurants in the world – where you’ll most definitely need to make reservations way in advance… •
Sit down for the meal of your life at no less than 73 Michelin-starred eateries, including a half-dozen 3-star gems, created by legends such as Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Daniel Boulud, Eric Ripert, Thomas Keller, David Chang, Marcus Samuelsson, and other stars.
• Be a real New Yorker and grab a quickie bite of real New York noshes like pizza (John’s on Bleecker St., Patsy’s), hot dogs (Gray’s Papaya, Nathan’s), bagels (Fairway Market), and deli (Katz’s, Carnegie Deli, 2nd Ave Deli). • Delight in superb ethnic dishes including Chinese (Chinatown, Flushing), Italian (Little Italy, City Island, Howard Beach), soul food (Harlem, Bed-Stuy), Mexican (East Harlem, Bedford Park), Polish (Greenpoint, Glendale), and much more across all five boroughs.
• Wash it all down with coffee or espresso at independent cafés in every neighborhood, and stay for a nightcap at friendly bars on almost every corner.
The options are almost endless, but here’s a partial list: •
Get up-close and personal with many of history’s most venerated artworks and artifacts at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art, The Guggenheim, the Whitney, the Cloisters, the Paley Center, New York Historical Society, and dozens more.
Hit the streets to explore the unique neighborhood micro-cultures and vibes of Greenwich Village, the Upper West Side, the Upper East Side, Soho, Chelsea, Harlem, the East Village, Tribeca, Times Square, Midtown, Williamsburg, Forest Hills, and elsewhere.
Check out the most famous buildings in America, like the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, the Flatiron Building, the Chrysler Building, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the Dakota, the MetLife Building, Grand Central Terminal, the new World Trade Center, and many more architectural icons.
• Wander the city parks and green spaces such as Central Park, Van Cortlandt Park, Flushing Meadows-Corona, Prospect Park, Washington Square, the High Line, Fort Tryon, Coney Island, and others. •
Snap great pictures of NYC icons like the Statue of Liberty, the big bridges (Brooklyn, Manhattan, Williamsburg, George Washington, Verrazano-Narrows), Staten Island Ferry, Yankee Stadium, the Unisphere, the Manhattan skyline, and Rockefeller Plaza.
SHOPPING Shopping is a way of life in New York City, perhaps because the city is a global center of fashion and commerce, or maybe only because there seems to be approximately eight zillion stores, shops, and boutiques… • The flagship stores of über fashion designers like Donna Karan, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Vera Wang, Kate Spade… • Pioneering department stores such as Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Barneys New York, and Bergdorf Goodman. • Specialty retailers like FAO Schwarz (the original toy superstore), The Strand bookstore, Tiffany & Co., Paragon Sports, Sherry-Lehmann Wine & Spirits, and the Brooks Brothers flagship store on Madison Ave. •
The famous shopping-centric streets of Madison Avenue (55th-72nd St.), West Broadway in Soho, Fifth Avenue (50th-60th St.), Orchard St. on the Lower East Side, Elizabeth Street in NoLIta, and Broadway on the Upper West Side.
NORTHEAST: DESTINATION GUIDE
BOSTON DINING Boston has long been associated with great seafood and talented chefs who know what to do with it. Shore dinners, clambakes, lobster rolls, oysters, clam chowder, steamed clams and lobster, shrimp done up a hundred different ways… The fish and shellfish brought in from nearby shores continue to inform the regional cuisine, along with locally grown fruits and vegetables, handmade cheeses, and humanely raised heritage game and meats. A crop of young chefs have ascended, opening small, upscale neighborhood spots that use local New England ingredients to delicious effect.
Cradle of the American Revolution, Boston has taken great care to preserve historical places and landmarks such as the Paul Revere House, Boston Common, Old North Church, Faneuil Hall, the USS Constitution, and the Old State
Shopping in Boston is a lot like the city itself: a mix of classic and cutting-edge, the high-end and the handmade, and international and local sensibilities. There’s a strong network of idiosyncratic gift stores, handicrafts shops, galleries, and a growing number of savvy, independent fashion boutiques. For the well-heeled, there are also plenty of glossy international designer shops. Bonus: there’s no sales tax on clothing valued under $175.
House, among many other sites. Boston is top-heavy with museums, and they’re all different. Beyond the Museum of Fine Arts (one of the largest in the country, with more than 450,000 works), there is the Harvard Museum of Natural History, Museum of Science, JFK Library, Boston Children’s Museum, Boston Fire Museum, Charles River Museum, MIT Museum, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Museum of Afro-American History, and dozens more.
• Head to Louis Boston for exquisitely made clothing and personalized attention. • Pick up a Red Sox hat at the T-shirt stand outside Fenway Park on a game day. • Make an appointment with designer Daniela Corte to buy one of her signature custom-made wrap dresses.
On the lighter side, tour the Sam Adams Brewery, paddle a kayak along the beautiful Charles River, and take a “backstage” tour of Fenway Park!
TOP ATTRACTIONS Chicago’s bustling city center is clustered around The Loop and the adjacent Near North and Near South neighborhoods. Many of the city’s most popular attractions are based in these three districts, including the Art Institute of Chicago – home to Edward Hopper’s Nighthawks – and the Willis Tower, formerly the tallest building in the world. Outside of The Loop, many of the most popular things to do in Chicago can be found in the suburbs. The well-heeled North Side is home to lively pubs and clubs, the West Side is a trendy hipster enclave, and the South Side is where you’ll find Chinatown and some of the best food in the city. Enjoy a day out at: • Lake Michigan and its many beaches • Grant Park, for inner-city relaxation • The historic Lincoln Park Zoo • Michigan Avenue for shopping
DINING Diet-conscious diners beware, Chicago meal portions are huge! If you’re looking to partake in some gastronomic gluttony, you can’t turn down a genuine Chicago hot dog with all the trimmings, while another local favorite is the authentic Italian beef sandwich. There is no shortage of Michelin-starred eateries in town, including a few three-star gems. And some of the best restaurants in Chicago are actually out in the suburbs. The same goes for the city’s bars, the best of which are clustered around bohemian Wicker Park and nearby Logan Square and Bucktown. Fill up Chicago-style on: • Classic deep-dish pizza • Dripping Italian beef sandwiches • A traditional Chicago hot dog (poppy seed bun, mustard, sweet pickle relish, onion, tomato, dill pickle spear, sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt)
SHOPPING Chicago shopping is first-rate, and the best place to start is on The Magnificent Mile. Many of the city’s most popular shops are located along this mile-long stretch of Michigan Avenue. How often can you find Neiman Marcus, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, and Barneys New York within walking distance of one another? Just around the corner is trendy Oak Street. Neighborhood shopping areas, like fun-but-sophisticated Lincoln Park, eclectic Lakeview, and the hipster haven of Bucktown/Wicker Park, offer countless independent stores that cater to shoppers’ every desire, whether Prairie Style furniture, cowboy boots, or outsider art.
NORTHEAST: HOTELS Kimberly Apartments, New York New York City, New York
Grand Hyatt New York
New York City, New York
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Luxurious residential apartments in Midtown Manhattan, close to hundreds of major attractions • 188 AC apartments • 2 Restaurants, bar • Complimentary use of New York Health & Racquet Club including swimming pool, squash & racquetball • Wireless high-speed Internet access available
• Contemporary hotel on fashionable East Side with direct access to Grand Central Terminal • 1,311 AC rooms • 2 Restaurants, coffee bar, bar & lounge • Concierge, 24-hr room service • 24-Hr Executive StayFit™ Fitness Center, spa services • 24-Hr business center
Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
W New York
New York City, New York
New York City, New York
• Stylish high-rise hotel close to Midtown Manhattan’s dining, shopping & attractions • 696 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, 2 bars • Concierge • Bliss® 49 Spa, FIT Gym, sauna • Whatever/Whenever® Service
The Westin New York Grand Central New York City, New York • Preferred Partner • Iconic Midtown hotel between Central Park & Times Square • 1,756 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, room service • Sheraton Fitness Program by Core® Performance • Complimentary Wi-Fi in lobby • Business center, lobby theater desk
• Modern luxury hotel in heart of Manhattan, just steps from Midtown’s many attractions • 774 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Westin WORKOUT® Fitness Studio • RunWESTIN™ group/self-guided jog • Westin Kids Club
NORTHEAST: HOTELS Hyatt Regency Boston Boston, Massachusetts
The Westin Boston Waterfront 2222
• AAA Four Diamond hotel is close to Boston Harbor Walk, museums & more • 793 AC rooms & suites with Westin Heavenly Beds® • 5 Restaurants, 3 bars, Starbucks® • Concierge, room service • Indoor heated pool & whirlpool • WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio • Laugh Boston comedy club • Guided runs
• Preferred Partner • Contemporary hotel in heart of Boston, within walking distance of top attractions • 502 AC rooms & suites • 3 Restaurants, bar • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Indoor heated saline pool • 24-Hr StayFit™ gym, spa services • Gift shop
The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, Illinois
Bally’s Resort Atlantic City 2222
Atlantic City, New Jersey
• Across from Magnificent Mile Shopping including 900 shops • 752 AC rooms & suites • The Grill on the Alley, café • Body Rituals Boutique Chicago Spa, 24-hr WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio • Westin® Kids Club • Close to John Hancock, Broadway in Chicago, Museum of Contemporary Art & more
• Fun-filled resort in heart of the Boardwalk • 1,248 AC rooms & suites • 10 Restaurants, 5 bars, 24-hr room service • Indoor pool • The Spa & Salon at Bally’s, fitness center • 24-Hr casino, Savage Men Male Revue, Wild West Party Pit, Atlantic City Boardwalk & Bikini Beach Bar
Caesars Atlantic City
Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City
Atlantic City, New Jersey • Sterling hotel-casino in heart of the Boardwalk • 1,100 AC rooms & suites • 12 Restaurants, 4 bars, concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor rooftop pool • Qua Baths & Spa, The Pier Shops • 24-Hr casino, Circus Maximus Theater, Dusk Night Club & Bikini Beach Bar
Atlantic City, New Jersey • Energetic high-rise resort with bayside setting • 2,590 AC rooms & suites • 9 Restaurants, 6 bars, 24-hr room service • 2 Indoor pools, fitness center • Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa • Casino, Viking Cooking School, The Pool After Dark • Waterfront shops, free shuttle to Boardwalk
Beantown Trolley/ Harbor Cruise
9 Day Boston CityPass
All Loop Double Decker
Boston, Massachusetts See Boston’s most famous attractions at one amazing low price with plenty of time to see it all! Attractions include New England Aquarium, Museum of Science, Skywalk Obervatory at the Prudential Center (or Harvard Museum of Natural History), and Museum of Fine ArtsBoston.
New York City, New York Enjoy 48 hours of hop-on/hop-off double-decker fun that includes four tours: Uptown, Downtown, Brooklyn Loops, and Night Tour! Hop on and hop off at over 50 stops.
Gossip Girls Sites
New York Explorer Pass
Sex and The City Hotspots Tour
New York City, New York / On Location Tours / 3.5 Hours Explore the famous Upper East Side with your favorite “Gossip Girls.” Shop at Henri Bendel like Serena and Blair, lounge at the lobby of the Empire Hotel like Chuck, and indulge in sugary treats at Dylan’s Candy Bar like Dan and Vanessa. See the unlikely filming locations staged as Constance Billard and St Jude schools. Don’t miss your chance to retrace Serena, Blair, Nate, Dan, and Chuck’s steps in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the world!
New York City, New York More savings, more choices, more fun! The New York Explorer Pass is a multi-attraction pass that lets you choose just what you want to do for one low price. Save up to 45% on combined admission to New York’s top museums, tours, and attractions. Includes admission to 50 New York attractions, with 3, 5, 7, or 10-Attraction cards available, plus free guidebook and extra savings on shopping & dining!
New York City, New York / 3.5 Hours You won’t want to miss this glamorous guided tour of Sex and the City! Follow in the footsteps of your favorite characters— Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda! Pop in at the site of Carrie and Big’s rehearsal dinner. Visit the trendy neighborhoods they frequented including the Meatpacking district and SoHo. Check out posh boutique stores and the bar owned by Steve and Aiden. Plus, delight in cupcakes as you reminisce about some of the best episodes!
New York TV & Movie Sites
Circle Line – Best of NYC Cruise
Liberty Helicopter’s Big Apple Tour
Boston, Massachusetts / 1-2 Days Sit back and relax during this insider’s view of Boston from a trolley. Once aboard, enjoy a two-hour narrated tour or hop on and off at all the stops along the route. Choose from any of the 20 stops with over 100 points of interest. See Beacon Hill, Newbury Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Charlestown, Bunker Hill Pavilion, and more. The ticket is for unlimited use.
New York City, New York / On Location Tours / 3.5 Hours Experience your favorite TV shows and movies come to life on this bus tour. Visit the building where your favorite “Friends” lived, spot the Original Soup Man from “Seinfeld,” and pass the office of the Daily Bugle from “Spider-Man.” Get the insider’s guide to filming in NY as a professional actor points out more than 40 filming locations from “The Devil Wears Prada,” “I Am Legend,” “Glee,” and many more. Don’t miss this must-see tour!
New York City, New York / 3-Hours Circle Line’s famous full island cruise experience invites you to go around and discover Manhattan like the great explorers. See over 101 city sights by water! Visit all five boroughs, three rivers, and seven bridges, and get up-close to the Statue of Liberty. Not only do you see the Best of New York, you see it all! All tours are narrated by professional guides.
New York City, New York See the United States’ most famous landmark – the Statue of Liberty – via helicopter! Your 12- to 15-minute flight continues as you view the Empire State, Chrysler, Woolworth, and Met Life (Pan Am) Buildings, Ellis Island and New York Harbor, George Washington Bridge, and world-famous Central Park.
76 Photo: Sean Pavone/Shutterstock.com
7 GREAT SOUTHEAST EXPERIENCES
Gear up for world-class sports at more than 25 golf courses
and dozens of tennis courts on
Hilton Head Island.
SOUTHEAST Discover a mix of crashing brash bands and soulful jazz, wide tree-lined boulevards and bustling cities, spicy gumbo and smoky barbeque – all in America’s alluring Southeast.
Explore elaborate floral
Discover the best of America in the great Southeast, where fabled Southern hospitality makes the
music sweeter, the sun warmer, the cuisine more delectable, and your vacation experience even
courtyards, and botanical,
secret, and sculpture gardens
through-out New Orleans.
Down Home Flavors
When it comes to local flavor, the South writes its own recipes:
Head to Preservation Hall for
• Sample a dish unique to Nashville: “hot chicken,” large pieces of cayenne-coated chicken fried in
nightly concerts, and dance in
pepper-infused oil and served with white bread and pickle slices.
the “second line” at a New
• In New Orleans, dive into classics like French Quarter beignets, po’ boys, crawfish, jambalaya,
Orleans jazz funeral to
muffaletta, gumbo, and sno-balls.
celebrate the lives of the
• Dig into Low Country delicacies like fried green tomatoes, grits, catfish stew, and Hoppin’ John
in South Carolina.
Stroll miles of Hilton Head’s
Face the Music
Atlantic shorelines, perfect
Dance to the beat in three cities where music is the foreground of life:
for spending a lazy afternoon
• New Orleans rocks 24/7 with jazz, blues, zydeco, gospel…
fishing, biking, and digging
• Tour the Grand Ole Opry and hit one of the live jazz, country, blues, or honky-tonk bars in Nashville,
your toes into the warm sands.
also known as “Music City.”
Check out Nashville’s biggest cluster of antiques shops
and consignment stores on
Eighth Avenue, just south
Join a tour of one of New Orleans’ “Cities of the
Dead” – beautiful, historic
cemeteries with above
ground tombs, such as
St. Louis Cemetery #1 and
Please see page 80 for sightseeing & tour options.
Seek out great gift and souvenir shops, antiques
stores, and musical instrument
and record stores in down
town Nashville’s West End.
Photo: Joseph Sohm/Shutterstock.com
SOUTHHEAST: DESTINATION GUIDE DINING New Orleans food has a flavor and a vocabulary all its own – gumbo, jambalaya, po’boys, muffulettas – and so does its drink, from the grand old Sazerac, to the local concoction Ramos Gin Fizz (a refreshing mint julep), to the post-dinner flaming coffee known as Cafe Brulot Diabolique. New Orleans restaurants delight in serving up local fare, but you can sample suppers from anywhere across the globe. And if you want to take the secrets of Creole and Cajun cooking home, New Orleans has several cooking schools to tempt the tastebuds. In Nashville, two popular Southern comfort food traditions endure at so-called “Meat & Three” restaurants and hot chicken “shacks.” At “Meat & Three” restaurants, you pick one meat and three vegetable side dishes. Simple enough, and you can find the most venerated meals at long-time favorites Loveless Café and Puckett’s Grocery. Nashville’s culinary specialty, hot chicken, is found at places that let you choose the level of spiciness of your chicken. Make sure to check out Hattie B’s and Prince’s Hot
TOP ATTRACTIONS For a quaint introduction to New Orleans, ride the world’s oldest continuouslyoperating streetcar. But for a real sense of history, browse the museums, sacred sites, and grand old homes dotted across the city, gorgeous architectural and cultural legacies that survive from past eras. The thriving hub that is the French Quarter is a beautiful collision of past and present that offers fine views of the mighty Mississippi River. Music lovers, take a trip down Frenchmen Street and catch the late-night vibe on Bourbon Street.
In a city like New Orleans, wandering the streets while shopping is half the fun. Look for antiques, art, vintage clothing, jewelry, and crafts on Magazine Street, which meanders for miles through the Garden District and Uptown. The French Quarter offers a fine selection of bookstores, and Royal Street is a center of refined local artistic culture. Nashville’s shopping climate has changed some in recent years, although there are still plenty of antique stores, boutiques for fashionable Western wear, and souvenir shops featuring country music-inspired memorabilia. Photo: pisaphotography/Shutterstock.com
Nashville is a city filled with great music and fascinating history, and much of it can be seen right in the downtown area. Even if you’re not interested in country music, the Ryman Auditorium and Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum offer great tours and a revealing glimpse into America’s musical past. Of course The Grand Ole Opry is a Music City tradition, and no visit to Nashville would be complete without a stop at one of the honky-tonk bars along Broadway and Second Avenue, where great acts perform daily.
SOUTHEAST: HOTELS Hotel Monteleone New Orleans, Louisiana
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel 2222
New Orleans, Louisiana
• Preferred Partner
• Preferred Partner
• Grand Beaux-Arts style hotel in New Orleans’ fabled French Quarter, a literary landmark & member of Historic Hotels of America • 570 AC rooms & suites • Restaurant, bar, pool bar, nightly entertainment • Concierge, room service • Outdoor rooftop heated pool, sundeck • Spa Aria, fitness center
• Recently renovated AAA Four Diamond Hotel on historic Canal Street across from French Quarter • 1,110 AC rooms & suites with river or city views • Roux Bistro, Pelican Bar, Starbucks® • Heated rooftop pool, sundeck • Fitness center • In-room safes & Starbucks® coffee makers
Hyatt French Quarter New Orleans
The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort 2222 & Spa Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
New Orleans, Louisiana
• Modern, stylish luxury hotel just steps from lively Bourbon Street & the French Quarter’s many attractions • 254 AC rooms & suites • 3 restaurants including Hard Rock Café, whiskey bar, pool bar • Outdoor pool • 24-Hr Hyatt StayFit™ gym • Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
• Southern-style oceanfront resort along Atlantic beaches • 416 AC rooms & suites • 5 Restaurants, 4 bars, concierge, room service • 3 Outdoor pools, whirlpool • Heavenly Spa by Westin™, sauna, steam room • WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio • 3 Championship 18-hole golf courses • Tennis courts, water sports • Westin Family Kids Club
Le Méridien New Orleans
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention 2222 Center Nashville, Tennessee
New Orleans, Louisiana • Blending contemporary culture with European heritage, this modern urban oasis is close to French Quarter & other attractions • 410 AC rooms & suites • 2 Restaurants, café, lounge • Outdoor rooftop pool, sundeck, cabanas • 24-Hr fitness center • Media library
• Nashville’s premier resort hotel • 2,884 AC rooms & suites • 8 Restaurants, café, 3 bars • Concierge, 24-hr room service • Outdoor & indoor pools, kids pool • Relâche Spa, fitness center, whirlpool • Golf course (18-hole, par 72)
Dinner Jazz Cruise
French Quarter Walking Tour
Ghost & Spirits Walking Tour
New Orleans, Louisiana / 2 Hours Get an up-close view of New Orleans, one of the world’s most active ports, as it can best be seen – from the river – when you board the Steamboat Natchez for a journey back in time. Enjoy casual buffet-style dining with indoor and outdoor seating, plus live jazz music by the world renowned “Dukes of Dixieland.”
New Orleans, Louisiana / 2 Hours Learn the mysteries of America’s oldest and most unique living neighborhood! Follow in the footsteps of historic figures as you stroll along the Mighty Mississippi, through the French Market and Jackson Square, and down the sidewalks of quaint streets named for saints and sinners from its European past. See the old Quarter come to life as your guide explains its secrets and helps you understand all it has to offer, from architecture and food, to music, art, and gardens.
New Orleans, Louisiana / 2 Hours Discover why New Orleans has earned the reputation of being “The most haunted city in America” with this chilling walking tour of the haunted French Quarter. Keep your eyes peeled as you visit several haunted sites because you might just see something! Listen in and learn all about the fascinating paranormal stories that have been uncovered on the History Channel and the Discovery Channel.
Oak Alley Plantation Tour
Paddle & Wheel Tour
New Orleans, Louisiana / 2 Hours Savor the beauty and romance of New Orleans on a two-hour cruise aboard the authentic Steamboat Natchez. This cruise from the heart of the French Quarter shows you New Orleans as it can best be seen – from the river. Souvenirs are available at the gift shop. Includes live narration of historical facts and highlights of the port.
New Orleans, Louisiana / 4.5 Hours This guided tour lets you experience a bygone era in one of the South’s most beautiful settings – Oak Alley Plantation, built in 1839. Marvel at the quarter-mile-long row of 28 magnificent oak trees, each over 250 years old. Perhaps the most photographed plantation ever, Oak Alley has been the setting for such movies and TV series as “Interview with a Vampire,” “Primary Colors,” and “Days of Our Lives.” Departs Mon.-Wed.-Fri.-Sat. at 12:00 noon.
Swamp & Bayou Tour
Busch Gardens® Williamsburg
New Orleans, Louisiana / 4 Hours Take a thrilling boat trip with a Cajun guide to experience the timeless beauty of southern Louisiana’s wetlands. Native guides will reveal the mysteries of the swamps and the Cajun “joie de vivre.” Observe nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria, and many species of snakes. Some wildlife is more abundant during the warmer months of the year; alligator sightings are seasonal. Learn about the efforts to preserve and restore Louisiana’s vanishing wetlands.
Nashville, Tennessee / Gray Line of Nashville / 3.5 Hours Join this all-inclusive tour of the best that Nashville has to offer, spotlighting Historic Downtown, Fort Nashborough, the State Capitol, the Parthenon, and Music Row. The tour will also include the “Mother Church of Country Music” the Ryman Auditorium. The last stop will be a self-guided tour through the Country Music Hall of Fame.
Williamsburg, Virginia /1-Day Ticket Discover the wonders of Europe at Busch Gardens® Williamsburg. Experience world-class thrill rides, fun family entertainment, and naturally beautiful environments. Experience the lightning-fast, multi-sensory dash through the Black Forest on Verbolten®. Feel the nearly 240 feet of adrenaline-pulsing thrills on Mäch Tower®. Be swept into the Bavarian-style festival in the Oktoberfest village. Be entertained by Irish dancers and Italian stage shows, and more!
Photo: aceshot1 / Shutterstock.com
New Orleans, Louisiana / 4 Hours Combination Steamboat Natchez cruise and Super City Tour (motorcoach). Tap your feet to live jazz (seasonal) as you board one of six authentic steamboats in the US. Enjoy the Captain’s narration of the highlights of one of the world’s busiest ports. Cruise past the Chalmette Battlefield, where Jean Lafitte and his buccaneers joined forces with Andrew Jackson to defeat the British in the Battle of New Orleans.
GENERAL CONDITIONS Any bookings for tours or travel, including without limitation, for airfares, cruises or packages incorporated in this brochure (“Travel”) made by a client or customer (“You”) with an employee or contractor of GOGO Worldwide Vacations (“GOGO”) are subject to the following general conditions (“General Conditions”) together with the terms and conditions annexed to the itinerary confirmation:
Reservations and Payment. A deposit and a signed itinerary confirmation are required at the time of booking. Upon payment of a deposit, You indicate acceptance of the General Conditions. The amount of the deposit will depend on the package booked. At GOGO’s sole discretion full payment may be required 45 days prior to departure; reservations made within 45 days of departure are subject to immediate payment in full; or such other time as GOGO notifies You from time to time. If You are part of a group and have a group representative, your group representative is responsible for advising the group of any/all cancellation penalties. Any person or entity, with whom You deal to book your Travel, does so strictly as your agent. GOGO disclaims liability for payments made to anyone (including such person or entity appointed as your agent), until we receive such payment earmarked for your account and we accept it as such.
Cancellations and Refunds. All refunds are subject to cancellation charges of up to 100% of the cost of the Travel. Detailed deposit and cancellation information will be furnished upon booking. We strongly recommend trip cancellation insurance. All refunds are conditioned upon your understanding that your acceptance of a refund is on the express condition that You release GOGO from any and all liability and You thereby waive all additional rights and remedies under your contract or any applicable state, federal or foreign law.
Revisions/Changes. GOGO does not charge customers for revisions or changes, however, charges may be imposed by airline or hotel.
Not Included in Package Price. Our price for Travel does not include porterage at airport (unless specified) and hotels; tips to local representatives, sightseeing guides, restaurant employees, hotel bellman and chambermaids, wines, liquors, laundry or any other items of a personal nature as well as any items not specifically mentioned within itinerary. Tipping is left to your discretion. In addition, price for Travel are subject to holiday blackouts, peak period and surcharges and other restrictions may apply and vary by resort, cruise and airline carrier.
Refunds for Unused Services. Unused hotel nights are refundable only if they cover a minimum of two consecutive nights and only to the extent that the tour operator receives a refund from the hotel after deducting cancellation charges levied by the hotel, if any. Unused transfers and/or sightseeing tours included in the basic tours will only be refunded to the extent that the tour operator receives a refund from the supplier. To get a prompt refund for unused services, clients are requested to submit to their agent written proof from the hotel or other operator that services were unused and refundable. A check-out bill from the hotel in question will be accepted in lieu of special certification. If no proof is furnished, a refund may be made pending an investigation, which may take up to three months. To be accepted, all refund claims should be presented to the travel agent who initially booked the tour, no later than 30 days after the trip has ended. No refunds or adjustments will be made for any changes, cancellations or modifications of services provided in this itinerary, if such changes are made by the tour participant during the tour. All refunds are conditioned upon your understanding that your acceptance of a refund is on the express condition that You release GOGO from any and all liability and You thereby waive all additional rights and remedies under your contract or any applicable state, federal or foreign law.
Car, Moped or Scooter Rental. A valid driver’s license, major credit card and/or cash deposit are necessary for rentals. All countries have a minimum age requirement, please check with your travel agent for details. Supplements apply during certain periods.
Local Taxes and Service Charges. Local room tax, energy surcharges and service charges on room and meals are not included unless specified. Taxes and service charges are based on the hotel’s daily room tariff and not on the land package prices.
Participating Carriers. These packages are sold in conjunction with the services of approved ARC and IATA member carriers. Government regulations now enable air carriers to increase their fares on 24-hour notice.
Airfare. Air fuel surcharge is included in pricing. Some fares may be non-refundable but may be exchanged for a fee, plus any additional airfare costs due to difference in new airfares. Airlines offer varied promotional fares to the destinations included in this brochure. A minimum stay and advance purchase/ticketing is required. Holiday supplements are applicable and further restrictions may apply. Some airlines impose additional charges if you choose to check any baggage. Please contact your airline or refer to www.gogoworldwidevacations.com for more information regarding airlines checked baggage policies.
Responsibility. GOGO and its employees, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, successors, agents, and assigns does not own or operate any entity which provides goods and services for Your Travel including without limitation, lodging facilities, airline, vessel, motor coach, or other transportation companies, guides or guide services, local ground operators, providers or organizers of optional excursions, food service providers, etc. All such persons and entities are independent contractors and are in no way affiliated to GOGO or any of GOGO’s affiliated entities. As a result, GOGO is not liable for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any such person or entity or of any third party. In addition and without limitation, GOGO is not responsible for any injury, loss, death, inconvenience, delay, or damage to person or property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from, but not limited to, acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of accommodations, mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation, or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time. Also be advised that certain foreign facilities such as air-conditioning systems in public places, hotels and motor coaches are not up to U.S. standards. GOGO reserves the right to withdraw any program or Travel in this brochure and/or make such changes in the program(s) or Travel. If due to weather, flight schedules or other uncontrollable factors You are required to spend additional night(s), You will be responsible for your own hotel, transfers and meal costs. Baggage is entirely at owner’s risk. You may see the name GOGO affixed to motor vehicles, on signs around the hotel or elsewhere. This use of our name is purely for reasons of identification and does not denote ownership, supervision, or control by GOGO in any way. The prices of these tours are based on rates in effect (including foreign exchange rates) at the time of printing and are subject to change without notice.
Important Notes–Consult Agent. PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP: Be prepared with proper documentation! United States citizens are required to have a valid passport to travel internationally. Visit http:www. travel.state.gov for information on how to obtain a passport, including forms, fees, and how to locate a passport acceptance facility nearest You. No refunds will be made if improper documentation results in denied boarding or entry. If You are not a U.S. citizen be certain to check with the consulate of the country You are traveling to for full entry requirements (Visas may be required in addition to passports). Requirements may change after this printing so we recommend that you verify any immigration requirements with the tourist office or consulate before you travel.
business. Further, you should understand that the $1 Million posted by GOGO Worldwide Vacations may be sufficient to provide only a partial recovery of the advance payments received by GOGO Worldwide Vacations. Complete details of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program may be obtained by writing to USTOA at 275 Madison Avenue, Suite 2014, New York, New York 10016, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting their website at www.USTOA.com.
GOCovered Travel Protection Plan. To cover yourself against cancellation charges or unexpected expenses you may incur after the departure of your trip, it is always recommended that you purchase travel insurance. The GOCovered Travel Protection Plan provides coverage for: • Trip Cancellation/Interruption up to a maximum total trip cost of $15,000 per insured due to an unforeseen sickness, injury, death, jury duty service, primary residence made uninhabitable due to natural disaster and other covered reasons. • Trip Delay up to $500 ($250 per day) of additional expenses if your trip is delayed for 6 or more hours due to a common carrier delay, inclement weather or a strike. • Medical Expense providing payments of up to $25,000 ($500 Dental) for emergency treatment of an illness or injury. •
Baggage, Personal Effects, Travel Documents, Sportsman Equipment & Golf Equipment loss or Delay up to $1,000 for lost or stolen baggage and personal effects during your trip and up to $300 ($150 per day) if your baggage is delayed for at least 12 hours.
• Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains will pay up to $50,000 to evacuate you to the nearest adequate medical facility or transportation of remains upon death. • Accidental Death & Dismemberment up to $10,000 covers death and loss of limb or eyesight within 180 days of an accident. In addition, this plan includes Travel Medical Assistance, Worldwide Travel Assistance and LiveTravel® Emergency Assistance. Travel Assistance services provided by Travel Guard. For full coverage details, please go to http://www.gogoworldwidevacations.com/. If you are a resident of one of the following states (FL, GA, IN, NH, NY, OR, PA, UT or WA), your Description of Coverage can be viewed at: www.travelguard.com/fullfillment. You can also request a copy of your Description of Coverage for all states by calling 1.866.401.7762, Travel Guard Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., with its principal place of business in New York, NY. Coverage may not be available in all states. Travel assistance services provided by Travel Guard Group, Inc. (“Travel Guard”) Effective: June 2015 - June 2016 GOGO Worldwide Vacations™, a division of ©GOGO Tours, Inc.®, 2015 does not assume any responsibility for errors or omissions in this brochure. BRC 103
Reorder No. BR 403G
CST #2088177 GOGO Worldwide Vacations is not a participant in the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. You are not eligible to file a claim against that fund in the event of GOGO Worldwide Vacations’ default. Your right to make a claim is on USTOA’s $1,000,000.00 Traveler’s Assistance Program. GOGO Worldwide Vacations, as an Active Member of USTOA, is required to post $1 Million with USTOA to be used to reimburse, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program, the advance payments of GOGO Worldwide Vacations customers in the unlikely event of GOGO Worldwide Vacations bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of
Since 1951, GOGO Vacations has led the way in providing quality vacations at the most affordable prices. Today we are the number one wholesaler in the United States. And for more than a million satisfied travelers a year, the name GOGO Vacations continues to assure financial stability, unequaled value and the widest selection of exciting vacations on six continents. Our nationwide sales agents are committed to helping your travel professional tailor-make the vacation experience of your dreams. As the first company to introduce independent customized package trips, we will help your travel professional plan your entire vacation and take care of every detail – from the lowest airfares and car rentals to an unparalleled selection of hotels and sightseeing options. Let us be your Complete Package Specialist. So, wherever you want to go – whether you want to relax by the turquoise waters of the Caribbean, ski the Rockies, explore the exciting cities of Europe, try your luck in Las Vegas or experience any of our other vacations – have your travel professional book you with GOGO Vacations and watch your vacation dreams come true!
Ask your Travel Agent about our other GOGO Vacations Brochures
going one better