Media Kit 2014
Bangkok Most visited CITY ON EARTH Facts and Stats.
Bangkok (Thai: Krung Thep Maha Nakhon) is Thailandâ€™s capital, inhabited by eleven million, and by far its largest city. The high-rise buildings, relentless traffic, intense heat and edgy nightlife are known all over the world. It is certainly one of the most cosmopolitan Asian destinations with magnificent temples and palaces, authentic canals, busy markets and a vibrant nightlife that has something for everyone. The MasterCard Index of Global Destination Cities 2013 ranks cities by the total number of international visitor arrivals and the cross-border spending transactions by these same visitors, and give insight to visitor and passenger growth forecasts.
Bangkok’s Free Newspaper. Welcome! We are Globe, Bangkok’s only free English language newspaper, which we hope will be a practical and useful addition to the local publishing scene. There was a gap in the market for an English language newspaper of a less serious nature than the Bangkok Post or The Nation. Written in a compact, bite size style aimed at the younger demographic of the affluent 20-40 group. London’s Metro. Hong Kong’s Standard. amNY are all proven success stories. In this digital age, it has been shown that this easy to follow method of news delivery is far more accessible than the traditional broadsheet offerings, which tend to attract older readers.
Readership Projections Reaching and engaging targeted groups.
17,000+ Facebook likes
We have been overwhelmed with the interest in Globe so far. For instance, we launched our Facebook fan page just over a month ago, and we are about to reach 17,000 likes in that time. Our readers are engaged, as well as entertained, by us. We hope in the near future to be able to bring our commercial partners options of Vietnam advertising packages that 4% not online compromise print options, but also website Germany banner ones. Dependent ofFrance the reception of our digital version, we may lauch an 4% China application to also reproduce3% our content. Our website address is www.globe.co.th China Malaysia
USA Japan Which will compliment our main social media presence: facebook.com/readglobe 5%
Top 15 International Arrivals to Thailand from May 2012 to May 2013 India
Vietnam UK 5% Vietnam 4% 4% Germany France 4% 3% Australia 6%
Laos 6% India 6%
Laos 6% India 6%
Malaysia 16% China China
Russia South Korea 8% 7% Malaysia 16% Japan 8%
South Korea 7%
South Korea Japan Russia India 8% South Korea Laos
Singapore USA Germany
USA Australia Germany UK Vietnam
Advertisement Rate card
All rates are in Thai Baht. Effective March 2014
224 x 32
146 x 228
Strip 1/3 Horizontal 224 x 78
74 x 148
224 x 312
2/3 Vertical 1/3 Vertical
1/2 Horizontal 224 x 152
3 months 6 months
Inner Front Cover
Inner Back Cover
Guaranteed Positions +25% *All measurements are in millimeter **CMYK colour profie
Future Plans 2013 and Beyond ....
Thailand continues to be the most popular travel destination in South East Asia with record numbers of visitors arriving in 2012. The interest in our publication means that we can confirm that as well as being widely available in Bangkok, by the middle part of 2014, there is a strong chance of our distribution network being extended to Pattaya and Phuket; by approx. 2015, we are in discussions with partners to further continue that expansion into the widely visited areas of Koh Samui, and Chiang Mai.
Voted #1 travel destination in the world Year on year increase of tourism revenue B964 Billion spent by visitors in 2012 80% of revenue from shopping malls 15% increase in tourist arrivals in 2013
Distribution & CIRCULATION
Printed and distributed twice per week.
The majority of our delivery method is direct distribution as opposed to the usual methods of BK Magazine, Guru and others in the copies being left at coffee shops etc. 70% of our copies will be handed out, with the remaining 30% at carefully chosen locations in the centre of Bangkok such as condos, offices and hospitals. We publish twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays, with a monthly circulation of 60,000 initially. We would hope to expand the print run by at least 25% by early next year, possibly more. Also, to increase to 32 pages, 8 more than our initial 24.
Globe Newspaper, Co. Ltd. www.globe.co.th facebook.com/readglobe firstname.lastname@example.org