GLEN ELLYN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
EventUpdate April 2011 May “Save the Date” May 4
Business After Hours 5:30 to 7:30 pm Inland Bank 520 Crescent Boulevard, Glen Ellyn
30th Annual Taste of Glen Ellyn May 19, 20 and 21 Volunteers needed! Call the Chamber office or sign up online to schedule your time. Sponsorships and Business Expo booths available!
Taste Kickoff Luncheon 11:45 am to 1:00 pm
Connecting business to the greater community 800 Roosevelt Road, Building D, Suite 108 Glen Ellyn, Illinois 60137 (630) 469.0907 • (630) 469.0426 www.glenellynchamber.com
Chamber Events To RSVP or for additional information, please contact the Glen Ellyn Chamber of Commerce at email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-469-0907.
▪ Friday, April 8 | 12:00 noon Lu’s Sushi & Chinese Restaurant 579 Roosevelt Road, Glen Ellyn RSVP by Thursday, April 7.
April Business Luncheon
▪ Tuesday, April 12 | 11:30 am Romano’s Macaroni Grill 21 Blanchard Circle, Wheaton $25 members, $30 non-members Program and Speaker TBA
New Member Orientation
▪ Wednesday, April 13 | 8:00 am Glen Oak Restaurant 479 Pennsylvania Avenue, Glen Ellyn RSVP by Monday, April 18.
Community Awards Breakfast ▪ Saturday, April 16 | 7:30 am Crowne Plaza 1250 Roosevelt Road, Glen Ellyn Tickets $22/Table of 8 for $160 RSVP by Wednesday, April 13.
▪ Wednesday, April 27 | 5:30 pm Glen Ellyn Civic Center 535 Duane Street, Glen Ellyn Contact the Chamber office. Class is required for beer tent volunteers.
B2B Business After Hours
▪ Thursday, April 28 | 5:00 pm Location TBA
▪ Friday, April 29 | 12:00 noon The Gold Rush Girls Glen Ellyn Chamber Office RSVP by Wednesday, April 27.
▪ Saturday, April 30 | 9:00 am Glen Ellyn Civic Center 535 Duane Street, Glen Ellyn Contact the Chamber office. Class is required for beer tent volunteers.
Important Dates ▪ Friday, April 8 Nominations for Community Awards must be submitted no later than 3 pm. ▪ Wednesday, April 20 Sponsorships for Taste of Glen Ellyn ads due no later than 3 pm.
Meetings GlenNET Leads Group
Board of Directors Meeting
B2B Leads Group
▪ Tuesday, April 5 and 19 | 8:00 am Inland Bank 520 Crescent Boulevard, Glen Ellyn ? Cheryl Shurtz (RE/MAX Suburban) 630.868.6322 ▪ Thursday, April 7 | 9:00 am GECOC Office 800 Roosevelt Rd., D-108, Glen Ellyn ? Lisa Edwards (Monkey Wrench Studio) 630.660.9897
▪ Wednesday, April 6 and 20 | 3 pm Tap House Grill 411 Main Street, Glen Ellyn ? Rob Kelley (COUNTRY® Financial) 630.858.1172 ▪ Friday, April 8 and 22 | 7:15 am The Meadows 60 N. Nicoll Way, Glen Ellyn ? Sandy Falco (Cevaal Insurance) 630.790.4590
▪ Tuesday, April 19 | 7:30 am Glen Ellyn Bank & Trust 500 Roosevelt Road, Glen Ellyn Please submit agenda items by Wednesday, April 13.
▪ Tuesday, April 26 | 8:00 am Inland Bank 520 Crescent Boulevard, Glen Ellyn ? Cheryl Shurtz (RE/MAX Suburban) 630.868.6322
ChamberLuncheon Tuesday, April 12
Union Pacific/Metra West Line Improvements
Union Pacific Railroadâ€™s Wes Lujan, Illinoisâ€™ Director of Public Affairs, will speak about the new pedestrian grade crossing system that is activated at eight stations along the Union Pacific West Line. The new system, called the Another Train Warning System (ATWS), is part of a $132 million project that aims to improve the flow of commuter and freight traffic on the heavily used line, as well as to allow trains to safely operate past a station when a commuter train is stopped there. Metra and Union Pacific studied station improvement initiatives across the country and the West Line safety safety system of any commuter rail operation in the United States. The ATWS uses audible and visual alerts to warn pedestrians at crossings near the stations that a second train is approaching or present. Improvements at the Glen Ellyn station will not only include the ATWS at Main Street and Park Boulevard but also new pedestrian paths to safely guide commuters away from the tracks to a gated crossing.
Watch Your Chamber Email Blasts for Updated Information on the April Luncheon
For reservations contact, Renee at email@example.com or 630.469.0907. Cost $25 members, $30 non-members.
Presrt Std US Postage Paid Glen Ellyn, IL Permit No. 75