DESIGN IDEAS: HOW TO CREATE THE PERFECT POWDER ROOM
A powder room – which is primarily used by guests – can have a lasting impression on those who visit your home. Also known as a half bath, this space contains only a toilet and sink and is located near the living room/kitchen area.
A well-designed powder room is often an expression of a home owner’s unique sense of style. Architects and interior designers go to great lengths to choose avant-garde finishing materials, upscale faucets, unique sinks and minimalistic toilets for the powder room to make an exceptional design statement. We present some tips on designing a powder room which is functional yet flawlessly designed.
1. Flooring While it is advisable to use vitrified ceramic tiles for bathroom and toilets, flooring materials such as marble, stone, and granite can be used in powder rooms since there is relatively less moisture.
2. Materials, Color and Texture Next are the walls. Since this room is small, opt for an overall subtle wall color and add hints of personality with artwork or adding an accent wall. Texture can be added to an accent wall by using the floor material on it sparingly in patterns. Reflective wall materials can add light and color to a room. Light-colored natural materials with a hint of Earth tones can provide a rustic element. Also, donâ€™t forget that elegant light fixtures can enhance the appeal of the room.
3. True Beauty is in the Details Choosing a fashion-forward faucet adds to the powder roomâ€™s allure. A notable trend is the increasing use of faucets with cascade flow. Hand towels and bath accessories are also a perfect way to squeeze in some visual interest without over-decorating.
4. Choosing a Contemporary Wash Basin Wall-mounted wash basins or pedestal wash basins are compact choices since storage is typically not required in powder rooms. Overall, the layout should provide enough room to move around so that guests donâ€™t feel cramped, despite the lack of space. Wash basins made of marble, onyx and wood are increasingly used as statement pieces in powder rooms. Made of exquisite and natural materials, these basins are certain to add a wow-factor to powder rooms.
5. Value Limited Space When planning the layout of a half bathroom there are three major objects to consider: the door, toilet, and sink. If you have a space large enough to accommodate the swing of the typical hinged door, that will be the easiest option for most powder room designs. Otherwise, you can go with something that has less (or no) swing, like double doors or pocket doors â€” these will give you more options in terms of the toilet and sink placement.
Consider fixtures that can maximize the roomâ€™s limited space. Use wall-hung toilets which are minimalistic in design and can make the entire room feel spacious. For example, space-saving toilets with slim seat covers are increasingly in vogue.
At Aquant, we understand the value of introducing only the latest, trendsetting faucets and sanitary ware. We are confident that you can find products which suit your powder room in our collection.