Top 9 Facial Masks to Prepare at Home
Every woman loves to get pampered, and what's better than getting a facial to rejuvenate your skin. Facials help in maintaining a healthy and radiant skin. Opt for regular facials to remove dead cells and impurities, and keep it young and vibrant. Here are some facial masks you can try at home:
1. Banana mask: Mash up a medium-sized ripe banana and apply the paste on your face and neck. You can add honey and yogurt to it. Keep it for 10- 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. The mask is great to keep your skin rejuvenated and make your skin look and feel softer.
2. Milk: Mix Âź cup of powdered milk with enough water to form a thick paste. Apply it on face. Let it dry completely and rinse off with cold water to get fresh and rejuvenated skin. 3. Mayonnaise: Take mayonnaise out of your refrigerator, apply an even coat on your face and let dry for about 20 minutes. Rinse with water or wipe off with wet cotton.
4. Vinegar: Vinegar acts as a skin toner. Make a mixture with 1 tablespoon vinegar and 2 cups of water. After you wash your face, give a finishing rinse with this mixture to cleanse and tighten your skin. 5. Oatmeal: Mix 1/3 cup of oatmeal with Â˝ cup of hot (not boiling) water. Let it settle for 2- 3 minutes. Then add 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and the white of 1 egg. Apply a thin and even layer of this paste onto your skin and let dry for 10- 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
6. Yogurt: Apply a layer of plain yogurt and let it dry for 15- 20 minutes. For a rejuvenating facial mask, mix orange juice and some of the orange pulp too and 1 tablespoon aloe into the yogurt. Leave the paste on your face. Keep it for at least 5 minutes and rinse off. 7. Lemon: Make a mixture of 1 lemon juice with 1/4th cup of almond or olive oil and apply on face. Keep it for sometime before wiping off.
8. Papaya: Papaya has the property to remove dead cells, reduce age spots, repair sun damage and smooth skin. Cut a slice of ripe papaya and remove the pulp and the seeds. Rub the inside of the papaya peel on your skin, focusing on your wrinkles, lines around the eyes and mouth, hands and neck. Let it dry for 15- 20 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat this treatment twice in a week. 9. Blackberry: Mash Âź cup of fresh blackberries into Âź cup of sour cream or plain yogurt. Apply and leave on face for 10- 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Sources: http://www.hylunia.com/products/face-care/facial-masks http://ezinearticles.com/?Top-9-Facial-Masks-to-Prepareat-Home&id=7540464
Published on Feb 6, 2014