Page 1

Diary Questionnaire Annnalysis

I used A title template for the title of the questionnaire, this is useful for people easily being able to recognise what it is this document is. I used bold fonts for all of the questions to distinguish them from the answers or the other sections; this is also much more visually pleasing. In the multiple choice questions I have used tick boxes next to the answers to make it much clearer and easy to answer for the participants in the questionnaire. For questions that aren’t multiple choice I have used an underline to give an appropriate amount of space for the participant to answer, making it relevant to the question. I also included a little thank you message at the end of the questionnaire to thank people for their time and patience.

Excel Techniques Used When Collecting Results

Here I formatted Excel so that it was in a text format and so whenever I typed in numbers or data it didn’t correct them as dates or other numerical values.

Here I typed in all my data that I had collected into excel, with my categories in one column and the results in the other.

Once I had entered the data I used the Excel pie chart tool to create a pie chart displaying my results:

This is how the pie chart looks once all of the data is correctly entered.

I then did this for all of the questions, using different charts and diagrams:

Photoshop Techniques for Double Page Spread

I started with a blank canvas sized as a double page spread.

I then added a background gradient that was at an angle with the gradient layer tool.

I then textured the gradient to make it more grainy, this significantly darkened it.

I then added a light to the top right hand corner.

I then added a hue/saturation adjustment layer to slightly adjust the difference between the dark background and the light.

I then painted on some circular brush marks which I set to overlay to give them a semi-transparent look. I also divided the double page spread in half so I had a reference for the two pages.

I then slightly adjusted the hue as well as painting some more light areas on to the canvas.

I then added some more texture to the canvas, again using the overlay feature to only make it affect some of the background image.

I then added an area for the text to be placed. I did this by adding a square object that was white, but at a very low transparency just to create a backlight for the text to be placed on.

I then painted on another brush stroke on the left, adding some greens and reds.

I then added a contrast layer to decrease the contrast to give it a more stylistic, retro magazine look.

I then added the first of my two compositions that I took the pictures for and designed on photoshop. It is in a similar style to the background. I positioned it so that there is enough room in the bottom right hand corner for an information box.

I then added the second of my two compositions to the top left hand corner, it is bigger so it adds a different dynamic to the spread at the same time as leaving enough space for a chunk of article text:

I then added the page numbers in the bottom corners.

Production Techniques for Double Page Spread Title Page

I started for consistencies sake with the same background as the other double page spread.

I then added the page numbers, in the same font as the other pages to keep it consistent.

Then I added the info box which contains a taster of what is going to be inside the double page spread.

I then added the title of the double page spread in the font ‘reboard’ which is the same one that I used for all of the other titles.

I then added a little more text to the title to add interest.

Production Techniques for Contents Page

For the contents page I used the same background and sized it to A4.

I then added a contrast layer to lower the contrast so that text would be more visible.

I then added the accompanying image to the main article in the bottom corner.

I then added all of the text for the info of the contents page with titles in bold and a larger font.

I then added the title in the font ‘reboard’ this makes it effective and bold.

I then added division lines for the different columns.

I then added decoration to the title that incorporated the title of my magazine.


gfdgdfgdfhgchghgh hthgh gfh