Presented by Kathryn
â€˘What are tropical fruits? â€˘ List of tropical fruits o o o o o o o o o o
Avocado Banana Water Melon Jack fruit Lemon Papaya Breadfruit Sapodilla Acai Cempedak
• Fruits that are produced by a tree native to the tropics are tropical fruits. • Tropics are nothing but the region of globe between the Tropic of cancer and Tropic of Capricorn.
• Tropics are generally warm all round the year. But they are also humid in some areas receiving lots of rain every year. • Tropical fruits are large and brightly colored. They have a pleasant flavor and are appealing to the animals which distribute their seeds.
Following are some of the tropical fruits that are popular all over the world: Avocado Banana Water Melon Jack fruit Lemon Papaya Breadfruit Sapodilla Acai Cempedak
• Avocado fruits have a smooth, creamy, greenishyellow flesh with an unusually high amount of fat that is primarily monounsaturated. • More than 500 varieties of avocadoes
are existing. • Avocados are loaded with nutrients such as dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, and folate. • The only fruit which much nutrients and minerals which is safe for babies is avocados.
• Bananas are the most popular fresh fruit in the United States.
• They are the first choice by athletics due to its high energy giving capability. • Bananas are rich source of carbohydrates and potassium. • They come in colors say, green, yellow, purple and red.
• Watermelon, the fruit which is really a Vegetable.
• Watermelon contains more lycopene, an antioxidant that may help to reduce the risks of cancer and other diseases.
Watermelons are mostly available throughout year. It is a perfect fruit to a salad, salsa, or cool drink. Watermelon is an American preferred for meals and snacks. • The largest watermelon on world record (Guinness Book of World Records) weights 262 pounds.
• The jackfruit is a gigantic, spined, oval fruit that have been first cultivated in Indian rainforests. • It is a very nutritional and tasty fruit and even the seed of the fruit is edible and very high in nutritional value.
• The Fruit contains a high quantity of Vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Sodium, and many added feature of nutrients.
â€˘ Lemon and lime juice, both from the fresh fruit and from juice concentrates, provide more citric acid per liter than ready-to-consume grapefruit juice, ready-toconsume orange juice, and orange juice squeezed from the â€˘ Citrus is one of most important
horticultural industries in NSW with a production area of around 13,000 hectares. fruit.
•Papaya fruit comes in different colors and sizes. •40 types of papayas are cultivated and it is known world wide. •The inner cavity of the fruit contains black round seeds which look like a gelatinous substance. •The fruit contain papain which digests proteins. •Papaya fruits not only offer taste but also have some nutrients in it such as vitamin A, C, E, K, folate, dietary fiber, and minerals such as potassium, iron, and calcium.
•Breadfruit looks green in color, when matured little sap
will be leaked out which makes the fruit to appear more yellow in color when ripe. •Breadfruit is low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium and very high in Vitamin C, Dietary Fiber and Potassium. •Breadfruit has been considered as a nutritionally beneficial fruit. •The fiber present in breadfruit helps to make the intestines and bowels work properly by clearing out the junk from the intestines.
•The sapodilla Fruit is a chewing gum component and also the source of chicle. •Childish fruits of sapodilla's are boiled and the decoction taken to stop Diarrhea. •The seed paste of the sapodilla seeds is applied on stings and bites from venomous animals. •The latex derived from the tree is used to fill tooth cavities in the tropics.
• Acai is a small, round and blackish purple coloured fruit. It looks like a grape, but smaller and darker than grapes.
•Acai has an amazing antioxidant qualities. •It is very rich in some antioxidant such as Vitamin C and polyphenol. •It strengthens our IMMUNE SYSTEM and provides with greater energy and stamina
•Cempedak is a sausage-shaped fruit,
smaller in size when compared to that of a jack fruit and bigger when compared to other fruits. • The surface of the Cempedak flesh is very soft, sweet which haves a strong aroma. • Cempedak has a rich vitamin A content which mainly helps to heal the eye and also keeps the cornea to be healthier.
Thanks for your patience on visiting my slide. Please feel free to post your valuable comments.