London Book Fair 2019
Home . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 Various . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14 Outdoor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22 DIY . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 27 Farm . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 36 Garden . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 45 Pets . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 56
WOODWORKING . . . . . . 63 CHILDREN'S . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
General . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 91 Art / Lettering . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 107 Quilting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 116 Journals . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 131
OLD POND. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 145
31 Modern Mini-gardens for Your Home Enid Gonzalez Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 160 pages 20,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-56523-984-5 Pub date: March 2019 Fox Chapel Publishing • Presents terrarium building as both a decorative feature and a sustainable hobby. • Includes instructions for terrarium maintenance. • Terrarium building is growing in popularity, as people living in smaller quarters in urban areas look for ways to bring organic elements into their environment. • Social Media @ACharmingProject: 172K Pinterest followers. She is also a contributor for PopSugar. PopSugar’s social media following: 5.4M Facebook followers, 817K Instagram followers, 198K Twitter followers.
Using Organic and Eco-Conscious Materials for EarthFriendly Designs Janet Sobesky Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 224 pages 39,600 words • £14.99 • 978-1-58011-829-3 Pub date: April 2019 Creative Homeowner • A stylish home decorating inspirational book that focuses on the environmental impact of design choices. • Earth-friendly decorating inspired by the colours, forms and themes of nature. • Includes the latest information on organic fabrics, natural flooring materials, low VOC paints, energy-efficient lighting options, and more. • Ideas for every room in the house. • More than 200 colour photographs.
Smart Approach to Home Decorating, Revised 4th Edition
Decorate Every Room in Your Home with Confidence and Flair Editors of Creative Homeowner
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 360 pages £17.99 • 978-1-58011-845-3 Pub date: August 2019
• All-new revised & enlarged edition of a perennial favorite. • Explains everything a homeowner needs to know to design and decorate a house with professional results. • More than 400 color photographs show gorgeous home interiors. • The previous edition won ForeWord Magazine's Bronze Book of the Year Award.
1001 Ideas for Kitchen Organization, New Editon
The Ultimate Sourcebook for Storage Ideas and Materials Joseph R. Provey
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 308 pages £17.99 • 978-1-58011-844-6 Pub date: August 2019
• How to create a dream kitchen or cure a dysfunctional one. • Everything readers need to know about kitchen organization. • Over 1,000 gorgeous color photographs and illustrations. • Named Library Journal's Best Book of 2007 in the "How-to" category.
Pocket Guide to Houseplants Over 240 Easy-Care Favorites Jack Kramer
Paperback • 175 x 125 mm • 308 pages £14.99 • 978-1-58011-846-0 Pub date: Sept 2019
• All the information homeowners need to incorporate plants in their interior design. • Complete growing and care information for 250 popular species. • More than 500 color photographs and illustrations. • Jack Kramer is the award-winning author of more than 100 gardening books.
The Hot Book of Chillies, 3rd Edition David Floyd
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 160 pages £12.99 • 978-1-62008-376-5 Pub date: August 2019
• Comprehensive guide to using and enjoying chili peppers. • Gallery of 97 popular varieties. • Recipes for salsas, hot sauces, jams, and chutneys. • Chili peppers are trending up across U.S., according to ThePacker.com • A recent Kalsec Inc. survey found 90% of U.S. consumers enjoy hot and spicy foods, and one out of four eat spicy foods more often than they did a year ago.
Delicious Recipes for Toppings & Crusts for All Pippa Cuthbert & Cameron Wilson
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 192 pages £14.99 • 978-1-62008-374-1 Pub date: October 2019
• The ultimate DIY guide to making pizza at home. • More than 70 creative topping ideas, from traditional favorites to new flavor combinations. • Pizza recipes for meat-lovers, vegetarians, fish fanatics and even fun ideas for the kids. • 41% of Americans eat pizza weekly, with onethird recently reporting eating out less often.
Cozy Cottage & Cabin Designs
100 Cottages, Cabins, A-Frames, Vacation Homes, and Apartment Garages Design America
Paperback • 250 x 175 mm • 240 pages £13.99 • 978-1-58011-841-5 Pub date: October 2019
• This book helps readers find the perfect efficient small home of their dreams. • Offers more than 100 functional floor plans for cabins, cottages, a-frames, vacation homes and apartment garages. • Select and order expertly prepared plans including construction blueprints and CAD packages.
Ultimate Guide to Basements, Attics & Garages, 3rd Revised Edition Step-by-Step Projects for Adding Space without Adding on Editors of Creative Homeowner
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 240 pages £14.99 • 978-1-58011-842-2 Pub date: November 2019
• Readers learn how to maximize the usable but unfinished areas in a house. • Shows how to add new living space for growing families, without the expense of a costly addition or moving to a larger home. • More than 50 detailed step-by-step sequences guide readers through the DIY construction process. • Over 580 inspirational and informative photographs and illustrations.
Urban Escape Pod
Build Your Own Personal Camper Caravan Chris Schapdick
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 180 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0042-8 Pub date: December 2019
• Guides readers to create their own custom handcrafted camper. • Combines two hot trends: Glamping (luxury camping) and Tiny House Living. • The Tiny House trend continues to grow in popularity, with 4 HGTV series to date. • Cox & Kings’s Travel Style 2018 study identifies Glamping as one of the top eight travel experiences that will gain momentum. • The author’s tiny house building company won “Best Tiny House Award” at the New Jersey Tiny House Festival.
London’s Best Cocktail Spots
A Guide to the Most Popular Hotspots in London Susan Cohen Hardback • 206 x 145mm • 8.25” x 5.8” • 176 pages 25,000 words • £10.99 • 978-1-5048-0105-8 Pub date: May 2019 IMM Lifestyle Books • The hippest, most up-to-date and stylish guide to the London cocktail scene. • Descriptive reviews of 45 venues across the city, covering a range of establishments from from the luxurious and trendy to the quirky and classy. • Offers lively descriptive reviews of 50 top venues across the city, from smart hotels and rooftop bars to craft cocktail hotspots, over-the-top concept bars and celebrityspotting destinations. • Each revealing entry includes a concise description, contact and reservation details, nearby tube stops, whether food is served, opening hours and lavish colour photos. • Also includes signature cocktail recipes from the venues.
Every Model's Must-Have Guide to the Industry Giles Vickers-Jones, Louis Cole Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 192 pages 35,000 words • £16.99 • 978-1-5048-0109-6 Pub date: April 2019 IMM Lifestyle Books
• The ultimate guide for aspiring professional models. • Valuable tips on how to break into this high-profile, highpaying world while avoiding the mistakes that so many newcomers make. • Includes advice on finding a reputable agent, a complete account of the many do’s and don’ts on a shoot, daily exercise and beauty routines, and advice for finding work in the many types of modeling available. • Written by international models with years of experience in the fashion and beauty industry.
Char-Broil Grilling for the Family
250 Delicious Recipes to Satisfy Every Member of the Family Editors of Creative Homeowner Paperback • 275 x 213mm • 11” x 8.5” • 304 pages £17.99 • 978-1-58011-832-3 Pub date: May 2019 Creative Homeowner • 250 easy-to-follow recipes for lip-smacking appetizers, meat, veggies and more, from America’s favourite grilling brand • Fully-tested grilling, barbecuing, brining and smoking techniques. • Favourite tips for the juiciest steaks, roasts, ribs, chops, wings, shrimp, kebabs and more. • Tips on getting kids involved with simple child-friendly tasks that they can do to help. • Char-Broil has 359,000 Facebook followers.
Char-Broil Grilling for the Family
Taking the Perfect Selfie
A Model’s Guide to Posing, Lighting, and Setting for the Perfect Picture Louise Cole
Paperback • 175 x 144 mm • 128 pages £9.99 • 978-1-5048-0112-6 Pub date: November 2019
• How to take the perfect selfie, by an international model with years of experience in the fashion and beauty industry. • Americans take 93 million selfies every day— equivalent to 2,583,333 rolls of film. • 1,000 selfies are posted to Instagram every 10 seconds. • 74 percent of all images shared on Snapchat are selfies. • 19 out of 20 teens have taken selfies. • Millennials are expected to take over 25,000 selfies in their lifetime.
A Complete Step-by-Step Guide to the Principles and Poses of Hatha Yoga Noa Belling
Paperback w/ Hidden Spiral • 225 x 175mm • 192 pages £16.99 • 978-1-62008-372-7 Pub date: January 2020
• Authoritative guide to Yoga, written by an experienced teacher. • 36 million Americans practice yoga, and one in three Americans have tried yoga at least once. • Americans spend $16 Billion on yoga classes, clothing, equipment, and accessories each year. • Yoga is one of the top 10 biggest fitness trends of 2018, according to 4,000 fitness professionals surveyed by the the American College of Sports Medicine.
Victorinox Swiss Army ® Knife Survival Book 101 Essential Uses for your Swiss Army Knife Bryan Lynch
Hardcover • 175 x 148mm • 7” x 5.75” • 224 pages 60,000 words • £9.99 • 978-1-56523-995-1 Pub date: May 2019 Fox Chapel Publishing
• Showcases the abilities and versatility of the Swiss Army Knife (SAK), an international symbol of the tool everyone should have. • Demonstrates the many ways a SAK can be used for outdoor adventures, or as a handy tool to carry all the time for life’s everyday challenges. • A handy-sized book that’s easy to take into the wild • Fox Chapel’s Swiss Army Knife Whittling Book is a bestseller and has been published in 4 foreign language editions. • Victorinox social media: 85.9K Facebook followers, 146K Instagram followers, 25.1K Twitter followers.
Paracord Projects For Outdoor Camping and Survival Keeping It Together When Things Fall Apart Bryan Lynch
Paperback • 175 x 144 mm • 176 pages £10.99 • 978-1-4971-0045-9 Pub date: August 2019
• Discusses the basics of survival situations and shows all of the ways that paracord can save your life. • Great book for outdoors enthusiasts. • Appeals to preppers and survivalists, a strong book market. • Possible merchandising tie-in with paracord manufacturers and suppliers.
Outdoor Survival Manual
The How-To Guide to Survive Extreme Situations Garth Hattingh
Paperback • 175 x 145 mm • 224 pages £12.99 • 978-1-4971-0060-2 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Shows outdoor enthusiasts how to survive a wide variety of situations. • Essential reading for anyone venturing into the wild places of our world. • The growing popularity of hiking, backpacking and adventure travel has resulted in an increasing number of injuries, accidents and mishaps—this book can help.
Making Your Own Bush Knife A Beginner’s Guide for the Backyard Knifemaker Bradley Richardson
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 160 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0012-1 Pub date: November 2019
• Metalsmithing is enjoying a resurgence as a hot DIY trend, linked to renewed interest in traditional crafts and the History Channel hit series Forged in Fire. • Making knives is one of the most popular applications of metalsmithing. • Set up a forge in your own back yard, no expensive equipment required. • Beginning knife makers can teach themselves with guidance from this book.
Building your own Dock
Design, Build, and Maintain Floating and Stationary Docks Sam Merriam Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 224 pages 25,000 words • £17.99 • 978-1-58011-819-4 Pub date: March 2019 Creative Homeowner
• Guide to building and maintaining a sound, functional dock that will overcome almost any waterfront challenge. • There are only one or two dock building books on the market and they are at least a decade out of date. • This is a great purchase for specialty stores that sell dock building materials or located in regions with avid water sports enthusiasts. • Author is a professional dock builder and dock building component manufacturer with 40 years’ experience.
Living Your Tiny House Dream The Whys & Hows of Tiny Home Living Chris Schapdick
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 176 pages 30,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-58011-834-7 Pub date: March 2019 Creative Homeowner • Comprehensive review of the practical considerations that go into owning and living in a tiny home on wheels. • What it means to upgrade to tiny, and what readers should know about design, construction, and the legalities of living in a tiny home. • Chris Schapdick is the founder of Tiny Industrial, an American tiny house building company. • The Tiny House trend continues to be popular, with the US TV shows on the subject being broadcast in the UK, and the popularity of shows such as George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces on Channel 4.
Living Your Tiny House Dream
Beginner’s Guide to DIY
Essential DIY Techniques for the First Timer Jo Behari, Alison Winfield-Chislett Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 160 pages 20,000 words • £12.99 • 978-1-58011-828-6 Pub date: May 2019 Creative Homeowner • Beginner’s reference guide to household repairs and simple renovations • Teaches basic skills and provides guidance to get the job done. • Features easy instructions for all the home DIY basics, from painting and wallpapering to simple plumbing, changing a lock, using power tools, fixing a squeaky board and much more. • Simple presentation for the DIY novice, young renters and first-time homeowners.
Beginnerâ€™s Guide to DIY
DIY for Renters
Practical Instruction for Apartment and House Renters Charles Byers Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 176 pages 45,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-58011-833-0 Pub date: June 2019 Creative Homeowner • Focuses on how to make common repairs and upgrades that are economical, safe, and do not conflict with tenant/landlord agreements so that you can move out without losing your deposit • includes tips on taking down and removing upgrades when it’s time to leave the rental unit. • Increasingly people are living in rented accommodation. • The BBC reports: “Up to a third of millennials face renting their entire life.”
DIY for Renters
WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION
The Uke Book Illustrated
Design and Build the World's Coolest Ukulele John Weissenrieder, Sarah Greenbaum Paperback • 275 x 213mm • 11” x 8.5” • 252 pages 30,000 words • $12.99 • 978-1-49710-007-7 Pub date: June 2019 Fox Chapel Publishing • Beautifully illustrated book that tells the story of how a ukulele is made. • Clearly explains every step in the format of a graphic novel. • This artistically conceived and executed book reveals the practical aspects of an ancient trade. • Shows the preparation and selection of materials, assembly and construction, the tools and jigs, and how to approach the work. • Informative line drawings and watercolour illustrations fill every page. • For crafters and woodworkers, musicians and artists.
20 Useful and Fun Projects for Your Farm or Homestead Samantha and Daniel Johnson Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 192 pages 20,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-62008-332-1 Pub date: June 2019 CompanionHouse Books
• Lovely easy, basic projects for the great outdoors, whether you have a farm or other outside space • Build practical items like log jacks, sawhorses, rabbit hutches, beehives, fences, a weather vane and a see-saw • Includes both utilitarian and decorative projects. • “Make it for less” continues to be a growing trend. • Includes instructions for building a farmer’s market display stand.
Raising Animals for Fiber
Sheep, Goats, Alpacas and Rabbits for the Back Yard and Hobby Farm Chris McLaughlin Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 176 pages 20,000 words • $19.99 • 978-1-62008-324-6 Pub date: July 2019 CompanionHouse Books
• Essential guide for aspiring “fibre farmers.” • How to raise livestock – sheep, goats, alpacas and rabbits – and use their wool for knitting, crochet and other crafts. • Extensive information on breeds, housing, feed, breeding, health care, shearing and more. • Author is an experienced gardening and homesteading writer who owns a working fibre farm in California.
Raising Animals for Fiber
A practical guide to handling and trialing border collies and other herding breeds Barbara C. Collins & H. Glyn Jones
Paperback • 225 x 150 mm • 192 pages £12.99 • 978-1-903366-27-1 Pub date: September 2019
• Complete training guide, from choosing a dog, through first training steps, to more advanced training for farm work. • How to prepare for competitions, from nursery to international trials. • Compassionate, dog-centered approach to raising and training. • First published in 1987, and still getting positive reviews on Amazon 30 years later.
Seventy Years of Farm Tractors 1930-2000 Brian Bell
Paperback • 225 x 150 mm • 304 pages £17.99 • 978-1-908397-34-8 Pub date: September 2019
• Comprehensive encyclopedia of the top 100 marques producing models used in Britain during this period, from Allis-Chalmers to Zetor. • More than a catalogue, it is an informative, readable blend of science and history, with special features on technological advances and reproductions of original sales literature. • Manufacturers span the globe, and include a number from the USA, such as Massey Ferguson.
The Ferguson Tractor Story Stuart Gibbard
Paperback • 225 x 150 mm • 168 pages £16.99 • 978-1-903366-08-0 Pub date: November 2019
• Covers all of Harry Ferguson's tractor products, from his pioneering work before the 1930s to the merger with Massey in 1957. • Includes fresh archive material and interviews with many of Ferguson's surviving associates. • Contains a significant amount of US content— including a whole chapter on the Ford-Ferguson, which has a huge following in the USA, and part of another chapter on the American Ferguson TO Series. • Award-winning author.
A Practical Guide to Rabbit Ranching Raising Rabbits for Meat and Profit Deborah Mays
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 192 pages £14.99 • 978-1-62008-364-2 Pub date: November 2019
• Practical guide to raising meat rabbits for profit or personal use. • Rabbit farming is increasingly recognized as eco-friendly, sustainable agriculture—with high production efficiency and low environmental impact. • Homesteaders and hobby farmers are looking for ways to maximize their land for sustainability.
Plant Combinations for an Abundant Garden
Design and grow a fabulous flower and vegetable garden David Squire & Alan Bridgewater Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 224 pages 35,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-58011-827-9 Pub date: March 2019 Creative Homeowner
• Concise, easy-to-use reference guide to garden design and maintenance for both flower and vegetable gardens, from choosing a plot to selecting plants, maximizing space and building raised beds. • A comprehensive plant directory provides handy information on summer-flowering annuals, herbaceous perennials, shrubs, small trees, climbers, water plants, bamboos, culinary herbs, fruits and vegetables. • Step-by-step instructions, clear colour photographs and illustrations, and DIY projects. • By well-established British gardening experts and authors David Squire and Alan Bridgewater
Plant Combinations for an Abundant Garden
Container Vegetable Gardening Growing Crops in Pots in Every Space Liz Dobbs
Paperback • 244 x 238mm • 9.8” x 9.5” • 160 pages £14.99 • 978-1-62008-320-8 Pub date: March 2019 CompanionHouse Books • Shows how to use every bit of outside space with highdensity patio gardening in plant containers, window boxes and hanging baskets. • 35 illustrated, easy-to-follow projects, for example growing pesto ingredients for ‘spaghetti’ pots. • Container gardening is a top 2018 gardening trend, according to Garden Design magazine and numerous garden websites. • Urban populations are rising, homes are being built smaller, space is at a premium, and more people are choosing to do their gardening in pots. • Gardening writer Liz Dobbs lives in Redhill, Surrey, UK.
Container Vegetable Gardening
Growing Your Own Tea Garden
The Guide to Growing and Harvesting Flavorful Teas In Your Backyard Jodi Helmer Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 144 pages 30,000 words • £13.99 • 978-1-62008-322-2 Pub date: March 2019 CompanionHouse Books • Author Jodi Helmer helps you plan and plant a productive backyard tea garden • Discover how to grow the full range of herbal infusions that make wonderful teas, from flowering chamomile and lavender to chicory roots, rose hips, lemon verbena, peppermint, aromatic bergamot and more. • A fascinating and appealing idea that will appeal to gardeners and tea-lovers, no matter what size of garden they have • Jodi Helmer writes on food and farming and has appeared in Hemispheres, Civil Eats, National Geographic Traveler, Farm Life,WebMD, Health, and Guardian Sustainable Business.
Growing Your Own Tea Garden
Growing Winter Food
How to Grow, Harvest, Store, and Use Produce for the Winter Months Linda Gray Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 178 pages 40,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-62008-326-0 Pub date: March 2019 CompanionHouse Books • Essential guide for anyone who wants to maximize their garden's output by growing food for the winter months. • Sections organized by root vegetables, legumes, green vegetables, herbs and garden fruits. • Detailed cultivation advice on each crop, along with nutritional value, recipe ideas, and storage suggestions. • Linda Gray is a well-known British author of books on vegetable growing and healthy living.
25 Fun-to-Make Projects for an Attractive and Productive Garden Samantha and Daniel Johnson Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 192 pages 25,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-62008-334-5 Pub date: June 2019 CompanionHouse Books • 20 practical projects to make to enhance any garden. • From trellises, garden beds, cold frames and compost bins to bird baths, sundials and garden benches, clear step-bystep colour photographs guide the reader through each hands-on project. • Includes both utilitarian and decorative woodworking ideas. • The easy-to-complete projects all feature inexpensive materials and basic techniques.
Gardening for Geeks
Using Science, Ecology, and Mathematics for a High Yield Garden Christy Wilhelmi
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 248 pages £14.99 • 978-1-62008-358-1 Pub date: February 2020
• The ultimate organic gardening resource for garden nerds. • A geeky gateway into all things cool about gardening. • Deciphers the biology and ecology of gardening with an easy, breezy writing style. • Filled with expert tips, tricks, information and step-by-step advice. • The author is a well-known garden designer, consultant, lecturer, writer and teacher, active in social media.
Click with Your Chick
A Complete Chicken Training Course Using the Clicker Gienne Keyes Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 144 pages 15,000 words • £12.99 • 978-1-62008-344-4 Pub date: June 2019 CompanionHouse Books • Chickens may be bird-brained – but they can be smarter than you think.Your chicken can do anything a dog can do if you train it properly! • Chickens can be ordered go to the coop, perch on your arm, come when called, and generally respond and behave as you wish • Animal behaviour specialist Giene Keyes shows how to use the positive reinforcement of clicker training to effectively manage your flock. • Amaze your friends as your birds perform tricks like circling a cone, turning around, sitting down, and recognizing colours and patterns. • The popularity of clicker training began with Karen Pryor’s 1984 book Don’t Shoot the Dog!
Click with Your Chick
Play Your Way to Good Manners
Getting the Best Behavior from Your Dog Through Sports, Games, and Tricks Kate Naito, Sarah Westcott Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 224 pages £14.99 • 978-1-62187-185-9 Pub date: June 2019
CompanionHouse Books • Shows how to train dogs with cool tricks, exciting sports moves and interactive games. • Draws from techniques used in canine sports and applies them to a positive-reinforcement manners training programme. • Effective strategies for teaching dogs impulse control, obedience, polite leash walking and good manners around children and strangers. • The authors are prominent urban dog training professionals. • “Dog training” is a steady search term in Google Trends
Play Your Way to Good Manners
For the Love of Cats
The Complete Guide to Selecting, Training, and Caring for Your Rescue Cat Tom Colvin, Carol Griglione, and Mick McAulife
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 224 pages £14.99 • 978-1-62008-362-8 Pub date: October 2019
• Beautifully illustrated with more than 250 stunning pictures of cute cats. • Witty and informative text about our beloved feline friends. • Illustrates the many facets of the cat’s personality. • Perfect gift for ideal for cat fanciers of all ages and genders.
For the Love of Dogs
The Complete Guide to Selecting, Training, and Caring for Your Rescue Dog Tom Colvin, Carol Griglione, and Mick McAulife
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 224 pages £14.99 • 978-1-62187-189-7 Pub date: October 2019
• Beautifully illustrated with more than 250 stunning pictures of cute dogs. • Witty and informative text about our beloved canine friends. • Illustrates the many facets of the dog’s personality. • Perfect gift for ideal for dog fanciers of all ages and genders.
Woodworking for the Garden 16 Easy-to-Build, Step-by-Step Projects Alan and Gill Bridgewater
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 160 pages £14.99 • 978-1-58011-830-9 Pub date: March 2019 Creative Homeowner • 16 stylish, functional woodworking ideas for making the most of your garden. • The DIY projects range from trellises and planters to decking, fences, chairs, benches, tables, sheds, pergolas and more. • Each project includes easy to follow step-by-step instructions, colour photographs, clear construction diagrams and materials lists. • Renowned authors and DIY experts Alan and Gill Bridgewater also provide comprehensive advice on cutting and preparing wood, fixing joints, finishing and maintaining outdoor wooden structures.
Scroll Saw Wooden Bowls, Revised & Expanded Edition Useful & Surprisingly Easy-to-Make Projects Carole Rothman
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 160 pages 30,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-56523-961-6 Pub date: April 2019 Fox Chapel Publishing
• Wooden bowls are commonly made on a lathe, but this book shows how to make beautiful bowls with the much more easy-to-use scroll saw. • Each project is organized in a progressive learning format. Novice crafters can start with the most basic starter bowl and gradually work their way toward more elaborate bowls. • Vessels include bowls, a vase, a ginger jar and a dish for sweets. • Updated edition of this successful book now has additional new projects and more pages.
Scroll Saw Wooden Bowls, Revised & Expanded Edition
Yearn to Burn: A Pyrography Masterclass
30 Creative Woodburning Projects with Step-by-Step Instructions Simon Easton Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 128 pages 10,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-56523-986-9 Pub date: May 2019 Fox Chapel Publishing • New woodburning book from bestselling pyrography author Simon Easton. • Thirty new projects with clear instructions and step-bystep photographs fit a wide variety of occasions. • Burn beautiful and memorable items like Christmas tree decorations, mirrored box frames, a child’s wood pencil case, a hanging leather map, and more. • Fox Chapel is the market leader for pyrography books. • Author’s social media @WoodTattoos: 2.4K Facebook followers.
Yearn to Burn: A Pyrography Masterclass
Woodburning Realistic Animals
20 Step-by-Step Pyrography Projects of Birds, Pets, and Wildlife Minisa Robinson
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 128 pages 30,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-56523-985-2 Pub date: June 2019 Fox Chapel Publishing • Guide to creating highly realistic pyrography portraits of domestic animals, birds and wildlife from around the world. • From cats and dogs to eagles, and elephants, each project includes hand-drawn patterns, photo references, and stepby-step instructions. • Skill-building tutorials show how to burn specific features like eyes, noses, fur, etc. • Author’s social media @MinisaPyrography: 13K Facebook followers, 2K Instagram followers.. • Fox Chapel is a market leader in quality pyrography books.
Woodburning Realistic Animals
Carving Small Characters Instructions & Patterns for Compact Projects with Personality Jack Price
Paperback • 225 x 150 mm • 96 pages £10.99 • 978-1-4971-0018-3 Pub date: October 2019
• Teaches simple carving techniques in a smaller format. • Easy carving projects for beginners. • Progressive lessons on carving techniques as you go through the book. • Author Jack Price is a renowned & respected caricature woodcarver.
Carving Undercover Santas 12 Projects with Patterns and Painting Instructions Russell Scott
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 96 pages £10.99 • 978-1-4971-0006-0 Pub date: October 2019
• Santa Claus is a perennially popular carving subject. • 12 carving projects portray Santa in disguise during his off season as a park ranger, policeman, doctor, lifeguard, school principal, etc. • Unusual twist on a classic subject will appeal to carvers looking for new ideas. • The author is an award-winning carving artist and instructor, known for his distinctive style of caricature Santa carving.
Scrollsaw Baby Animals 50 Adorable Puzzle Projects to Make in Wood Judy and Dave Peterson
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 128 pages £12.99 • 978-1-4971-0054-1 Pub date: October 2019
• 50+ scroll saw puzzle projects focused on young animals from around the world. • Includes some super simplified projects with pieces large enough for smaller children. • New book in an established series by one of Fox Chapel’s bestselling scroll saw authors. • Makes a great gift – perfect for woodworking club Christmas projects.
Carving Creative Walking Sticks and Canes 10 Projects To Carve in Wood Paul Purnell
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 144 pages £16.99 • 978-1-4971-0011-4 Pub date: November 2019
• Easy-to-follow guide to carving elegant walking sticks. • Step-by-step instructions for 10 projects. • Includes both simple projects for beginners, plus more complex designs for advanced carvers. • Includes painting & finishing instructions. • Cane carving is a popular way to create useful items using carving skills.
The Beginner’s Reference to Tools, Materials, and Skills, Plus Essential Projects to Make Roger Horwood
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 192 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0065-7 Pub date: November 2019
• Complete reference handbook for home woodworking. • Essential DIY guide for beginners covers tools, materials, and techniques. • 5 step-by-step projects feature beautiful and useful items for everyday use.
Joy of Chip Carving
Step-by-Step Instructions & Designs from a Master Carver Wayne Barton
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 144 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0056-5 Pub date: December 2019
• This is the magnum opus of a legendary woodcarving icon. • The author is the foremost chip carver in the United States. • Offers instruction and inspiration based on a lifetime of achievement. • Includes two sets of Barton’s alphabet templates, never before published.
Super Simple Woodworking and Furnituremaking Glue, Screw, Cap and Finish your way to strong and beautiful projects Eugenie Glasson
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 192 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0055-8 Pub date: December 2019
• Teaches the super-easy “glue screw cap” method for assembling rudimentary pine furniture. • Simple instructions and cutting templates for 30 projects. • Designed for the complete novice furniture builder who only has a saw and a drill. • Author is an established professional female woodworker.
Ultimate Guide to Furniture Repair & Refinishing, 2nd Revised Edition Restore, Rebuild, and Renew Wooden Furniture Brian D. Hingley
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 264 pages £17.99 • 978-1-58011-843-9 Pub date: December 2019
• Authoritative do-it-yourself guide to the craft of furniture restoration. • Written by a seasoned furniture repair expert. • Everything the beginner needs to know to achieve professional results. • More than 500 color step-by-step photographs and detailed drawings.
BigFoot Goes on Big City Adventures A Spectacular Seek and Find Challenge for All Ages D. L. Miller Hardback • 250 x 250mm • 10” x 10” • 48 pages £10.99 • 978-1-64124-026-0 Pub date: April 2019 Happy Fox Books • Expanding series provides a growing library of activity books that engage young readers, teach about real places, people and events in the present and past. • Big City Adventures includes: Chicago; Sydney; Prague; Shanghai; Edinburgh and more.
BigFoot Goes on Great Adventures A Spectacular Seek and Find Challenge for All Ages D. L. Miller Hardback • 250 x 250mm • 10” x 10” • 48 pages £10.99 • 978-1-64124-025-3 Pub date: April 2019 Happy Fox Books
• Expanding series provides a growing library of activity books that engage young readers, teach about real places, people and events in the present and past. • Great Adventures includes: Amazon Rainforest; Exploring the Himalayas; Discovering the Great Barrier Reef; Antartica; Madagascar and more.
BigFoot Activity Book Puzzles, Coloring Pages, Fun Facts! D. L. Miller
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 136 pages £6.99 inc VAT • 978-1-64124-034-5 Pub date: June 2019 Happy Fox Books
• New activity book featuring the lovable BIGFOOT. • Hours of fun for children aged 5-12. • 100+ activities include mazes, puzzles, word search, dot to dot, coloring, and more. • Fun facts help young readers learn about the world we live in. • Expanding series provides a growing library of activity books that engage young readers, teach about real places, people and events in the present and past.
Learn and Draw Animal Friends 25 Fun Activities All About Animals Vicki Whiting
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 128 pages 15,000 words • £9.99 • 978-1-64124-032-1 Pub date: June 2019 Happy Fox Books
• Educational activity book for boys and girls aged 5-10. • Children will learn more about their favourite animals with related educational content. • The author is founder and president of Kid Scoop, a weekly educational page syndicated in 250 newspapers and self-published in 10 communities in the States, with 36K Pinterest followers.
Learn and Draw Animal Friends
Picture Book Play
15 Art Lessons Created From the Work of Beloved Illustrators Addie Boswell
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 128 pages 10,000 words • £10.99 • 978-1-64124-033-8 Pub date: June 2019 Happy Fox Books
• Children’s art instruction book that shows kids ages 5-10 how to draw like their favourite picture book authors. • Teaches new techniques, alternative media, and outsidethe-box approaches to traditional illustration and story design. • Classroom-tested, student-approved projects. • Addie Boswell is a popular muralist in Portland, USA, having created more than twenty public pieces in paint, paper, and metal for schools, hospitals, libraries and nonprofits.
Picture Book Play
BigFoot Goes on Great Adventures A Seek and Find Learning Adventure D.L. Miller
Paperback • 250 x 250 mm • 48 pages £6.99 • 9781641240437 Pub date: July 2019
• Expanding series provides a growing library of activity books that engage young readers, teach about real places, people and events in the present and past. • Growing retail merchandising of the BigFoot “brand”, product packaging at mass and specialty with major retailers and manufacturers – food, apparel. • BigFoot Goes on Great Adventures includes: Amazon Rainforest; Exploring the Himalayas; Discovering the Great Barrier Reef; Antartica; Madagascar and more.
BigFoot Goes on Vacation A Seek and Find Learning Adventure D.L. Miller
Paperback • 250 x 250 mm • 48 pages £6.99 • 978-1-64124-041-3 Pub date: August 2019
• Paperback version of BigFoot Goes on Vacation.
The Day I Met BigFoot D.L. Miller
Hardback • 300 x 213 mm • 40 pages £10.99 • 978-1-64124-036-9 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Charmingly illustrated picture book for children aged 5–7. • A small child meets a giant lovable furry creature and makes a new friend. • Companion book to Fox Chapel’s bestselling BigFoot book series. • Growing retail merchandising of the BigFoot “brand”, product packaging at mass and specialty with major retailers and manufacturers – food, apparel.
Hidden Pictures at the Zoo 45 Seek and Find Puzzles to Solve Liz Ball
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 96 pages £6.99 • 978-1-64124-037-6 Pub date: November 2019
• Find-the-hidden-picture puzzles for kids ages 5 to 10. • Includes educational “margin critter” content that encourages reading. • Easy series potential: could be followed by Sports, Famous Inventors, In the Jungle, etc. • The author’s previous books are popular in hospital gift stores.
Techniques & Alphabets to Create 25 Expressive Projects Debra Valencia Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 176 pages 15,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-4972-0415-7 Pub date: March 2019 Design Originals
• This book shows how to use a traditional craft to add a very modern message to coasters, bags, patches, pillows, tea towels, eyeglass cases and more. • Sampler-style embroidered phrases, words and sentences are a current décor and fashion staple. • Etsy, craft fairs, gift shops and retailers like Urban Outfitters are full of embroidered sayings. • Bold, amusing or clever—the 25 projects in this book are anything but old-fashioned samplers.
Instruction and Techniques to Sew over 35 Curtains, Shades, and Valances Heather Luke Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 192 pages £14.99 • 978-1-62008-348-2 Pub date: April 2019 CompanionHouse Books
• Professional advice on the techniques needed for designing and creating beautiful window treatments for every room in the house. • More than 300 inspirational colour photographs. • Combines inspirational ideas with practical, easy-to-follow instructions for making all kinds of curtains, as well as vallances, borders, ruffles, tiebacks and other decorative details. • Overview of finishing details like basic stitches and embroidery, seams, mitered corners, trims, bindings and piping • Author Heather Luke is a renowned European interior designer who is based in the UK.
Easy Creative Curtainmaking
Making Your Own Greeting Cards & Gift Wrap More Than 50 Step-by-Step Papercrafting Projects for Every Occasion Vivienne Bolton Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 224 pages 24,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-62008-346-8 Pub date: April 2019 CompanionHouse Books • 50+ step-by-step projects for cards, gift tags, wrapping paper and envelopes. • Ideas for all occasions: birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, new baby and new home. • Teaches a wide variety of papercrafting techniques. • Vivienne Bolton is the author of 20+ successful craft books. She has been published in Elle Decoration and is the columnist for the lifestyle section of French News Online. She is based in Norwich, Norfolk, UK.
One-Stitch Baby Knits
25 Easy Patterns for Adorable Garments and Accessories Using Garter Stitch Val Pierce Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 9” x 7” • 160 pages 15,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-5048-0110-2 Pub date: May 2019 IMM Lifestyle Books • Beginner-friendly book with quick and easy ideas for handknitted baby clothes and accessories. • Everything in this book is made with the garter stitch, a simple stitch that is usually the first learned, making it very accessible for beginners. • The adorable baby knits range from bootees to hats and blankets. Whether it’s a kimono-style jacket that you don’t have to pull over a newborn’s head or drawstring mittens that keep your little one from pulling them off, One-Stitch Baby Knits is full of thoughtful details to make life easier • Val Pierce is an experienced UK author.
Macramé for Home Décor 40 Stunning Projects for Stylish Decorating Samantha Grenier
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 160 pages 15,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-56523-951-7 Pub date: June 2019 Fox Chapel Publishing • A craft that was highly popular in the ‘70s and early ‘80s is back in fashion again! • Google Trends shows that “macramé” has doubled as a search term in the last five years and is projected to continue rising. • 40 stylish macramé home interiors projects include rugs, throws, coverlets, room dividers, boho plant hangers and more. • Gorgeous project photography and step-by-step how-to photos. • Range of difficulty levels—easy to advanced—so there’s something for everyone.
Techniques and Projects for Making a Statement Gay Isber and Candice Ghai Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 176 pages 25,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0002-2 Pub date: June 2019 Fox Chapel Publishing • A fresh approach to DIY fashion jewellery-making. • Pretty, attention-grabbing statement jewellery that readers can make in one sitting. • Each project includes a full-page beauty shot, supply list, step-by-step photos, tips and tricks, a narrative about the piece, and creative variations. • Author is an award-winning jewellery designer with a big social media following.
Fun & Funky Papercrafting
Notecards, Gift Tags, Scrapbook Paper & More Thaneeya McArdle Paperback • 275 x 213mm • 11” x 8.5” • 112 pages 7,000 words • £9.99 • 978-1-64124-029-1 Pub date: June 2019 Happy Fox Books
• A complete children’s papercrafting kit in a book. • Kids aged 7-14 will find everything they need to create and share more than 100 unique cards, envelopes, gift tags, bookmarks, art prints, mini-posters, and more. • Provides a generous supply of double-sided scrapbook paper to use with the included templates. • One of the world’s most popular colouring book artists, Thaneeya McArdle’s colouring books have sold more than 3 million copies worldwide.
Fun & Funky Papercrafting
A Beginner's Guide to Burning Decorative Designs on Leather Michele Y. Parsons
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 128 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0044-2 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Leather pyrography is gaining popularity in the maker community. • A complete guide to using pyrography on leather for craft projects. • Target market is absolute beginners, as well as experienced woodburners who want to try leather as a medium. • Detailed information on pyrography pens and how they interact with leather as opposed to wood. • Shows the value of 3D patterns that make leathercraft different than woodcraft.
Pyrography Style Handbook Artistic Woodburning Methods & Techniques Lora S. Irish
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 192 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0013-8 Pub date: December 2019
• Comprehensive guide to all of the major art styles used in pyrography today. • Includes 31 finished samples and line art. • Step by step instructions for each art style: silhouettes, engraving, cross hatching, pointillism, pencil shading, texture stroke painting, and realism. • Written by one of the world’s most respected and popular artistic pyrographers, Lora S. Irish. • Perfect for hobby stores and crafting stores
How to Marble Paper
Modern Marbleizing Techniques and Patterns HRJ Design Studio
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 160 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0043-5 Pub date: October 2019
• Modern guide to the art of marbling, an ancient art form dating back to the 11th century. • The author is a professional artist who has traveled around the world studying these distinctive techniques and learning from the world’s leading marbling masters. • Shows how to make more than 30 different patterns. • Step-by-step interactive workbook encourages continued practice. • Create stunning, colorful artwork for home décor, stationery, textiles, apparel, accessories and more.
Basket Essentials: Rib Basket Weaving Techniques and Projects for DIY Woven Reed Baskets Lora S. Irish
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 160 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0014-5 Pub date: October 2019
• Traditional basket weaving made easy. • Most basket weaving books are project based; this one is technique based. • Teaches all of the techniques that readers need to become accomplished basket-weavers. • Includes 20 classic folk basket patterns. • Clear step-by-step instructions and photos.
Making Copper Wire Earrings More Than 100 Wire Wrapped Designs Lora S. Irish
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 160 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0015-2 Pub date: December 2019
• Comprehensive guide to making earrings with wire. • Features expert techniques and stylish DIY projects. • Step-by-step instructions, lists of materials and tools, and helpful tips and tricks.
Stylish Artificial Flower Projects
Arrangements and Crafts for Home Décor using Silk, Paper, and Plastic Flowers Stevie Storck
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 176 pages £14.99 • 978-1-4971-0047-3 Pub date: December 2019
• Shows how to make lovely, long-lasting home décor with silk flowers. • Faux flowers are experiencing a renaissance because people don't have time to care for fresh, they're less expensive than fresh, and modern faux flowers are getting more and more realistic. • Silk flowers get significant floor space at craft retailers, with 20K results for silk flowers for sale on Etsy. • Beginners can be intimidated by the large selection of silk flowers, with little/no instructional content in stores and inadequate online tutorials. • This up-to-date book features the latest varieties of plants currently available on the market.
Hello Angel Undersea Adventure Coloring Book Angelea Van Dam
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 128 pages 1,000 words • £9.99 • 978-1-4972-0418-8 Pub date: May 2019 Design Originals • This undersea colouring adventure tells a gentle story of colourful ocean creatures. • From mermaids and seahorses to whales, turtles, clownfish and sea stars, Hello Angel Undersea Adventure Coloring Book is packed with spectacular marine animals just waiting to be filled with gorgeous colour. • From best-selling colouring book artist Hello Angel artist Angelea Van Dam • Perforated pages detach easily for gifting or display.
Patterns & Projects for Tangled Ornaments and Decorations Brian Crimmins, CZT Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 160 pages 20,000 words • £14.99 • 978-1-4972-0417-1 Pub date: May 2019 Design Originals
• “Dingbat” embellishments are a fun complement to hand lettering, scrapbook and art journaling projects. • Zentangle is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. • Zentangle fans are always looking for more resources to feed their habit. This book not only gives them techniques to practise, it gives them a world full of canvases to bring beauty and joy to others. • Brian Crimmins is a certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer who uses the Zentangle Method in his individual and group coachings and throughout his workshops.
Creative Coloring Through the Seasons Valentina Harper
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 128 pages 1,000 words • £9.99 • 978-1-4972-0419-5 Pub date: June 2019 Design Originals • Colour a whole year’s worth of seasonal images. • Start with spring planting and move on through the year, from summer fireflies to autumnal leaves and winter snowmen. • Talented artist Valentina Harper weaves an inky narrative just waiting to be filled with gorgeous colour. • Each illustration is so richly detailed it might take you hours to complete just one page. But you don’t need to have the skills of an artist to personalize these intricate drawings. • Perforated pages detach easily for gifting or display. • Proven best-selling artist Valentina Harper’s lifetime total sales are 2,832,775 units
Doodle, Draw, Sketch & Letter Fun ways to express yourself with pen and paper Suzanne McNeil & Melissa Younger
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 128 pages 4,000 words • £9.99 • 978-1-64124-035-2 Pub date: June 2019 Happy Fox Books
• Anyone can learn to draw! All children will need is paper, a pen and this book to get started • Packed with drawing, doodling, lettering and Zentangle activities for kids aged 6-12. • A book that boosts the confidence of young artists and inspires creativity. • Step-by-step instruction in basic drawing techniques. • Offers step-by-step instructions for drawing fun symbols, shapes, animals, alphabets and more, and includes plenty of room to practise drawing.
Doodle, Draw, Sketch & Letter
A Guide to Handlettering Margaret Morgan
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 96 pages £12.99 • 978-1-5048-0113-3 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Guides the reader through all the essential techniques of hand lettering. • Practical advice and guidance on materials, tools and techniques. • 12 step-by-step projects for making stunning cards, calendars, letterheads and wall hangings.
It’s All Good Coloring Book 40 Images to Craft, Color, and Pattern Thaneeya McArdle
Paperback • 275 x 213 mm • 96 pages £9.99 • 978-1-4972-0440-9 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Must-have new title from this bestselling coloring book author. • One of the world’s most popular coloring book artists, Thaneeya McArdle’s coloring books have sold more than 3 million copies. • Follows in the success of her similar titles: Good Vibes Coloring Book (350,000 sold); Nature Mandalas Coloring Book (275,000 sold); Peace & Love Coloring Book (200,000 sold).
Lettering for Absolute Beginners
Using Faux Calligraphy to Create Simple Versatile Projects Danielle Stringer (Imperfect Dust)
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 176 pages £13.99 • 978-1-4971-0052-7 Pub date: December 2019
• Shows how to imitate calligraphy lettering with any pen on any surface. • Readers learn how to easily draw letters, words and inspirational phrases with accessible tools. • Shows how to draw letters in multiple alphabet styles and how to connect them. • Interactive workbook with perforated practice sheets.
Classic to Contemporary String Quilts 14 Projects Using Scraps and Strips to Reinvent Treasured Traditional Blocks as Modern String Blocks Mary Hogan Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 96 pages 19,000 words • £17.99 • 978-1-947163-04-1 Pub date: March 2019 Landauer Publishing
• Fresh take on a fun, time-honoured quilt making technique. • Strings are strips and scraps of fabric that are usually too small to be useful for most projects, but they’re just right for the fun designs in this complete step-by-step guide. • 14 projects from wall hangings to full-size bed quilts. • Step-by-step guide takes quilters through every step of the string quilting process.
Super Quick Colorful Quilts 20 Vibrant Designs for Fast Quilts Rosemary Wilkinson
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 178 pages £14.99 • 978-1-62008-338-3 Pub date: April 2019 CompanionHouse Books
• Quick quilt patterns for beginners and great for quilters in a hurry. • Each quilt made with simple shapes, easy piecing and fast finishing techniques. • Bright designs and in three alternative colorways: primary, bright and pastel. • Amazing variety of designs using just three shapes: squares, rectangles and triangles. • All techniques fully explained step-by-step. • Includes bed quilts, cot quilts, throws and wall hangings.
New York Beauty—Electrified
12 Fun Skill Building Quilt Projects Using Easy Foundation Paper-Piecing Techniques to Electrify New York Beauty Blocks Linda Hahn Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 10” x 8” • 96 pages 11,000 words • £16.99 • 978-1-947163-15-7 Pub date: June 2019 Landauer Publishing
The New York Beauty is the name of a quilting block. This book teaches readers more things to do with the New York Beauty block, with updated piecing instructions that make construction easier.
Third title in the author’s award-winning New York Beauty series.
Linda J. Hahn is a US National Quilting Association Certified Teacher and former NQA Teacher of the Year.
Quilting with Kids
16 Fun and Easy Projects to Make Together Wendy Sheppard and Gwendolyn Sheppard
Paperback with Hidden Spiral • 250 x 200mm • 160 pages £14.99 • 978-1-947163-20-1 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Comprehensive go-to quilting book for kids • Shows the absolute beginner how to get started stitching and quilting • 16 fun child-friendly projects • Perfect activity for kids to share with their parents, grandparents, teachers, and other adults.
First-Time Quiltmaking, Second Edition Revised & Expanded Learning to Quilt in Six Easy Lessons From the Editors of Landauer Publishing
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 128 pages £15.99 • 978-1-947163-07-2 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Learn to quilt in 6 easy lessons. • 4 simple projects allow beginners to practice their newfound skills. • Perfect for first-time quilters and introductory quilting classes. • Illustrated guide to fabrics, tools and techniques. • New edition includes two new patterns using popular pre-cut fabrics.
Fons & Porter Presents Quilts from the Henry Ford Museum 24 Vintage Quilts Celebrating American Quiltmaking Fons & Porter
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 224 pages £17.99 • 978-1-947163-24-9 Pub date: Sept 2019
• New in paperback: redesigned edition of this impressive book. • Updated with a fresh, more approachable, lifestylecentric design. • 24 projects inspired by antique quilts from the internationally recognized Henry Ford collection. • Coincides with the 90th anniversary (October 2019) of the founding of the Henry Ford. • Authors are leading quilt authorities and hosts of “Love of Quilting” on public television.
Stunning Star Block Quilts 12 Projects Using Traditional and Modern Blocks Sandy Berg
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 112 pages £13.99 • 978-1-947163-17-1 Pub date: Sept 2019
• 12 different star patterns that use piecing and paper piecing techniques. • Star theme reflects the author’s passion as a “Quilts of Valor” volunteer. • Sandy Berg is a quilting designer who operates her own pattern company, Raspberrybrambledesigns.com. • Paper Piecing is a top 2018 quilt trend, according to both Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine and American Express Essentials.
Know Your Battings Carry-along Reference Guide Debbi Trevino
Paperback • 150 x 100mm • 56 pages £5.99 • 978-1-947163-25-6 Pub date: Sept 2019
• New addition to the Ultimate Pocket Guides series. • Order separately or in a prepack with free countertop display. • Pocket reference guide to batting—how to choose appropriate batting, use it correctly, and avoid problems. • All batting is not alike, and can make or break a final quilt.
Guide to Interfacings Carry-along Reference Guide Kristine Poor
Paperback • 150 x 100mm • 56 pages £5.99 • 978-1-947163-26-3 Pub date: Sept 2019
• New addition to the Ultimate Pocket Guides series. • Order separately or in a prepack with free countertop display. • Handy pocket reference guide to all the various fusible interfacing products used in quilting. • Readers learn the types and features of fusible products, and get help in choosing the best interfacing for any project.
The Weekend Quilter
25+ Fabulous Quilts to Make in a Weekend Edited by Rosemary Wilkinson
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 192 pages £14.99 • ISBN 978-1-947163-29-4 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Beautiful patchwork designs to make in a weekend. • Features 26 step-by-step projects for traditional and modern quilts. • Uses a rotary cutter and a sewing machine to revolutionize quilt making. • Includes specialist shortcuts and design techniques from five creative quilters.
101 Quilting Tips and Tricks Pocket Guide Penny Haren
Paperback • 150 x 100mm • 48 pages £5.99 • 978-1-947163-13-3 Pub date: October 2019
• New addition to the Ultimate Pocket Guides series. • Order separately or in a prepack with free countertop display. • Packed with expert tips on equipment, short cuts, organization, color, patterns, machine quilting, and more. • Penny Haren is a nationally known quilting trade speaker, columnist, consultant, and author.
Applique: Basics and Beyond, Revised 2nd Edition The Complete Guide to Successful Machine and Hand Tehniques with Dozens of Designs to Mix and Match Janet Pittman
Hardcover with Hidden Spiral • 250 x 200mm • 160 pages £17.99 • 978-1-947163-22-5 Pub date: October 2019
• The first edition has become the go-to resource for anyone learning applique—with an 80-customer, 4.5star rating on Amazon. • Foreword Magazine Book of the Year finalist, Craft and Hobbies. • New information in this updated and expanded edition on trendy topics like Wool Applique and Hand Applique. • 2 new projects in this edition, bringing the total to 10. • More than 550 full-color photographs and illustrations.
Quilt Block Genius, Second Revised & Expanded Edition
Over 300 Pieced Quilt Blocks to Make 1001 Blocks with No Math Charts Sue Voegtlin
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 176 pages £17.99 • 978-1-947163-18-8 Pub date: November 2019
• From the bestselling author of Block Genius, here’s another handy compendium of classic quilt blocks. • Shows how to create even more blocks with easy math in a user-friendly chart format. • Features 201 blocks that can be made into 603 blocks based on charts. • Includes new blocks, new quilt settings, a new sampler quilt pattern, and a “create your own block” technique.
Fresh Modern Quilts from Traditional Blocks The Fearless Guide to Making 15 Quilt Projects Sarah J. Maxwell
Paperback • 250 x 200mm • 160 pages £15.99 • 978-1-947163-23-2 Pub date: January 2020
• Inspirational modern quilting book from a popular fabric and pattern designer with a big social media following. • Shows how to use color and placement to confidently transfer traditional blocks to beautiful modern quilts. • Projects combine fabrics from different lines and genres, with clear guidelines that encourage mixing and matching success. • Designed to build confidence and encourage readers to step outside their comfort zone.
My Knitting Journal Editors of Quiet Fox
Hardback • 200 x 150mm • 8” x 6” • 160 pages 5,000 words • £9.99 inc VAT • 978-1-64178-075-9 Pub date: March 2019 Quiet Fox Designs
• The perfect gift or add-on purchase for any knitter—one handy place to keep track of your whole knitting life. • Record information on completed projects, organize works in progress, and keep track of your yarn stash. • Quick reference information (gauge measuring, abbreviations, wraps per inch, etc.) are conveniently provided on the inside covers.
An Angler’s Journal Editors of Quiet Fox
Hardback • 200 x 150mm • 8” x 6” • 160 pages 2,500 words • £9.99 inc VAT • 978-1-64178-080-3 Pub date: April 2019 Quiet Fox Designs
• Record fishing trip information: locations, companions, weather, equipment used, lures used, fish caught, time of catch, place, technique, weight and length. • Perfect for the angler who has everything! • This journal will prove as essential to the angler as a playbook is to a football coach.
My Gardening Journal Editors of Quiet Fox
Hardback • 200 x 150mm • 8” x 6” • 160 pages 2,000 words • £9.99 inc VAT • 978-1-64178-077-3 Pub date: April 2019 Quiet Fox Designs
• A very useful place for gardeners to plan, organize and record their gardening activities • Set yearly goals and track garden performance. • Chart garden design and layout. • Keep a record of plantings, soil chemistry, fertilizing, pest issues, weather, watering needs and more.
My Traveling Journal Editors of Quiet Fox
Hardback • 200 x 150mm • 8” x 6” • 160 pages 4,000 words • £9.99 inc VAT • 978-1-64178-078-0 Pub date: May 2019 Quiet Fox Designs
• Combines a trip planner and travel journal in one book. • Readers are prompted to record essential information like reservations, departure times, contacts, packing list, vaccinations and budget. • Journal pages allow readers to write up their day-to-day travel experiences. • Travel Journals are this year’s #3 top travel trend, according to the 2018 Pinterest 100 Report.
Detangling My Life: A Meditation Drawing Journal Cindy Fahs, CZT
Hardback • 200 x 150mm • 8” x 6” • 160 pages 1,200 words • £10.99 inc VAT • 978-1-64178-079-7 Pub date: June 2019 Quiet Fox Designs • Hardcover journal with endpapers beautifully illustrated with tangle art. • Zentangle is a worldwide art therapy trend with more than 3,000 trained Certified Zentangle Teachers (CZTs) in 40 countries. • Zentangle books are Fox Chapel best sellers. Joy of Zentangle has sold 128,000 units.
Illustrations by Flora Waycott
Hardback • 250 x 200mm • 80 pages £10.99 • 978-1-64178-081-0 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Innovative guest book concept—instead of conventional lined pages, it features empty artistic frames for guests to fill in. • A colorful & beautiful guest book that creates an illustrated keepsake. • The illustrator is known for her popular style, with 107k Instagram followers. • Attractive, contemporary option for weddings, baby showers, guest houses, memorial services, and any sign-in event.
A Year’s Worth of Drawing Prompts to Challenge and Inspire Editors of Quiet Fox Designs
Paperback • 206 x 125 mm • 368 pages £12.99 • 978-1-64178-097-1 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Draw every day with 365 drawing prompts, one for each day of the year. • A year’s worth of inspiration to build skills and spark creativity. • Take it anywhere: fits in jacket pocket or purse. • Perfect gift for aspiring artists and students.
A Year’s Worth of Writing Prompts to Challenge and Inspire Editors of Quiet Fox Designs
Paperback • 206 x 125 mm • 368 pages £12.99 • 978-1-64178-098-8 Pub date: Sept 2019
• Write every day with 365 writing prompts, one for each day of the year. • A year’s worth of inspiration to build skills and spark creativity. • Take it anywhere: fits in jacket pocket or purse. • Perfect gift for aspiring artists and students.
Fill This Page A Guided Art Journal Makiko Tatsumi Orser
Paperback • 200 x 150 mm • 208 pages £10.99 • 978-1-64178-093-3 Pub date: October 2019
• An art journal for creativity and mindfulness. • 100 simple creative activities designed to focus positive thinking and provide a sense of accomplishment. • Readers practice drawing, crafting, painting, and writing—repeating simple tasks to exercise mindfulness.
My Quilting Journal Linda Hahn
Paperback • 200 x 150 mm • 160 pages £9.99 • 978-1-64178-096-4 Pub date: October 2019
• The perfect gift or add-on purchase for any quilter —one handy place to organize your whole quilting life. • Keep track of your stash of supplies, plan out future projects, and record current project details to refer to later. • Quick reference information conveniently provided on the inside covers. • Will sell at quilt shops, craft stores, fabric stores, and bookstores—merchandize with anything related to quilting.
Writer’s Field Journal Ellen Goldstein, with illustrations by Cara Connors
Paperback • 225 x 175mm • 144 pages £10.99 • 978-1-64178-094-0 Pub date: November 2019
• This book offers a wealth of creative encouragement and opportunities for aspiring writers. • Encourages readers to expand their creative boundaries by combining words and images. • Activities are designed to help boost creativity and develop writing skills. • No prior art or writing experience necessary. • Inspirational watercolor art illustrations.
How You Began A Pregnancy Journal
Editors of Quiet Fox Designs
Hardback • 200 x 150 mm • 144 pages £10.99 • 978-1-64178-076-6 Pub date: December 2019
• A joyful, thoughtful journal for tracking the reader’s pregnancy and preparing for her future baby. • Counting down the days is irresistible for expecting families, and this journal offers a friendly companion for doing just that. • Pregnancy journals get retail shelf space. This is an established journal category with a book-friendly subject. • Great for merchandising and for special sales—it can go in any store or display that carries anything baby-related.
It Begins with a Question Questions and Reflections to Stretch Your Soul Joanne Fink
Hardback • 200 x 150 mm • 128 pages £4.99 • 978-1-64178-095-7 Pub date: December 2019
• A beautiful guided journal with prompts that encourage reflective writing and spiritual insight. • Features signature illustrated messages from popular artist Joanne Fink. • Full-color inspirational quote pages and black-andwhite coloring pages are interspersed throughout the journaling pages. • A companion volume to the author’s bestselling My Prayer Journal.
The Silk Road and Beyond
The hair-raising true adventures of a long-distance trucker in the Middle East Ivor Whitall
Hardback • 275 x 200 mm • 240 pages £24.99 • 978-1-912158-35-5 Pub date: August 2019
• True tales from one of the pioneers of Middle East trucking. • A long-distance rollercoaster ride of adventure, adversity, courage, camaraderie, high drama and humor. • Full of disastrous near misses, mechanical failures, cultural misunderstandings, border control mixups, and intense home sickness.
Lorries of Arabia 3: ERF NGC Robert Hackford
Hardback • 225 x 150 mm • 120 pages £15.99 • 978-1-912158-36-2 Pub date: August 2019
• An enthusiast's guide to the ERF NGC, the rugged, reliable, left-hand drive tractive unit forever associated with long-haul European and Middle Eastern routes of the 1970s and 80s. • Contains new details, findings, insights and pictures, including a register of all the 91 NGCs known to have been built. • Previous titles in the series have been described in reviews as "insightful, rich in detail” and “a must for all ERF fans”.
The Long Haul Pioneers Ashley Coghill
Paperback • 225 x 150 mm • 320 pages £17.99 • 978-1-906853-33-4 Pub date: October 2019
• Fascinating account of the transport pioneers who first braved the 10,000 mile “Middle East Run.” • Complete history of a company that became a legend in the haulage industry. • Includes a chapter on the making of the television documentary Destination Doha. • Includes 300 impressive color photographs.