Artesia Public Library - 1957
The present location of the library, between Third and Roselawn Streets - facing Richardson, was formally opened on November 3, 1957.
Third Street Location (PICTURED BELOW)
The library was housed in various locations throughout the early years of Artesia. At one time, it was located in this building around 110 S. Third Street which later was the location of the Western Union Office.
Old City Hall (PICTURED ABOVE)
On July 28, 1939, the Artesia Public Library moved to the basement of the Old City Hall. It was later moved upstairs. It remained housed in this building until 1957. It was at this location that the library first offered free library service to the community. Until that time, membership dues were $1 a year, or .25 for a three month ticket.
FOCUS ON ARTESIA | FALL 2013
Current library after the 1985 addition.