Page 73

wellington | professional

Allen Gillespie Of PC Pros Help Individuals And Businesses With Computer Repairs Story by Chris Levy • Photos by Abner Pedraza

Allen Gillespie has been working professionally on computers since 2006. In 2011, he opened PC Pros of Wellington in the original Wellington Mall. Since that time, he has become the go-to computer expert for many individuals and businesses within Wellington and the surrounding communities. Gillespie grew up in Wellington. His father, electrical engineer James Gillespie, brought his family from West Palm Beach to Wellington to build a new home on a large lot in Paddock Park, Phase 1. “Wellington was a fresh, up-andcoming community,” Gillespie recalled. “My parents wanted a big lot and good schools.” Gillespie attended Forest Hill High School before graduating from Wellington High School. He went on to graduate in 2003 from the New England Institute of Technology in Rhode Island with a degree in network engineering. Gillespie now lives in Royal Palm Beach with his wife Cristina. They have two children together — Peyton, 3, named for Peyton Manning, and Conor, 1, named for Conor McGregor. Also part of the family are Cristina’s children from a previous relationship, Ethan, a student at Wellington High School, and Savanna, a student at Wellington Landings Middle School. After operating out of his home for five years, Gillespie chose to open a full-service retail location focused on computer repairs. He chose the original Wellington Mall because of a close relationship between his father and the Santamaria family, owners of the building. “My dad had a business for years

in the nearby professional building,” Gillespie explained. “When this spot opened up, he helped negotiate my first lease. It’s small, but perfect. This is the heart of Wellington.” Gillespie enjoys a healthy business as a result of his reputation, expertise and location. “Every year, it has just been growing,” he said. “I’ve been around a long time, and everyone comes back to me. I try to take care of as much of Wellington as I possibly can.” Roughly 65 percent of PC Pros’ customer base is personal computer users, with the remaining 35 percent consisting of small to mid-size businesses. “I provide end-user support,” Gillespie said. “The most common problems are viruses, or the device won’t turn on.” Having worked professionally with computers since his college education in the early 2000s, Gillespie has had a front-row seat for many technological developments. “There is a transition from desktops to laptops and tablets,” Gillespie said. “The trend is going more mobile. Many people are on the go traveling, such as students with laptops going off to college. Everything is getting smaller and smaller. They can cram a lot of stuff into a smaller case.” The number-one complaint users

bring Gillespie is that their existing computers and laptops are slow. He fixes this issue through a process he calls “supercharging.” “It makes a world of difference,” Gillespie explained. “I give customers options, but the speed and warranty sells them. It’s my bread and butter. I do about two a day and 40 to 50 a month.” “Supercharging” involves installing wellington the magazine | december 2018

73

Wellington The Magazine December 2018  

December 2018 | ON THE COVER Model Kimberly Carvajal from Barola Services Talent Agency photographed on location at Kaluz Restaurant with st...

Wellington The Magazine December 2018  

December 2018 | ON THE COVER Model Kimberly Carvajal from Barola Services Talent Agency photographed on location at Kaluz Restaurant with st...