Welcome Guests Dear Friends of St. Raphael School, It is with gratitude that I welcome you to SpringFest 2018. Thank you for being here to support our students, our school, Catholic education. Your presence speaks of your commitment to something bigger, something life changing. As we set sail tonight, we come together to celebrate the gift of our faith, our families, and our Catholic education. Angela Mussio and her SpringFest Committee have worked hard to create a night to remember. Your presence here builds the family of St. Raphael as we get to know each other better and helps our students as your generosity fills in the gap between costs and tuition. On behalf of Fr. Mike Salah, Fr. Dave Wells, and our St. Raphael School staff, I thank you. May God bless you with smooth sailing for your generosity to His children. Here's to a great night! Fondly,
Thank you SpringFest 2018 Sponsors Main Stage Sponsor Richard and Jane Macedonia
Cornhole Tournament Sponsor
Nobel Coaching & Tutoring Andrew Sachs
Maryland Orthopedic Institute Christopher Farrell M.D.
Event Underwriter Sponsor
In-Kind Dessert Donors Nothing Bundt Cakes Oâ€™Donnellâ€™s Market
Metro Painters Pablo and Angela Musalem
Angel Sponsor Rosie Moniz
Schedule of Events March 24, 2018 7:00 p.m.
Cocktails and silent auction open
Cornhole tournament kicks off
Silent auction sections 200 and 300 close
Silent auction section 400 closes
Silent auction section 500 closes
Silent auction section 600 closes
Silent auction section 700 closes
Live auction begins
SpringFest 2018 Committee Thank you to everyone who played a role in the planning and execution of SpringFest 2018! We are blessed to have volunteers like you all in our community. Ads Graphic Designer MJ Zafis-Garcia
Event Chair Angela Mussio
Cornhole Tournament Shawn Vincent
Decorations & Auction Set-Up Registration & Checkout Stephanie Klinger, Katie Cronin, Patty Quinn, Olayinka Kate Flaherty, Mike Mussio, Meghan Alexander, Grace Martinez Buske-Haven, Arleen Madruga, Ashley Mendez
Bartenders Knights of Columbus
Libations Chris & Molly Nagel
We thank the following SRS parents and staff for their contributions to our auction: Ashley Mendez Catherine Dietrich Pulse, DDS Charles D. Dietrich, DDS Chris & Molly Nagel Cindy Zelaya Cristina Lubian Culin and Danielle Tate Eighth Grade Families Erin Kaufman Ewa Kowalska Fifth Grade Families First Grade Families Fourth Grade Families Fr. Dave Wells Fr. Mike Salah Jim & Andrea Beane Jim & Melissa Fitzgerald Joe Wildermuth
Kathleen Farrell M.D. Kelly Kimmel Kindergarten Families Mary Ellen Vassallo & Family Maureen Risch Mike & Suzy Hite Molly Cannon Mr. Carpenter Mr. Nash Mrs. Buzby Mrs. Bosnick Mrs. Chongpinitchai Mrs. Dwyer Mrs. Everling Mrs. Hainer Mrs. Kelly Mrs. Long
Mrs. Malay Mrs. O’Connor Mrs. Polsky Mrs. Roche Mrs. Trees Ms. Madlala Ms. Prinsloo Ms. Quinn Sarah deKowzan Second Grade Families Seventh Grade Families Sixth Grade Families Stacey Woodward Susan Rushbrook Third Grade Families Tim Wood “The Lexus Guy” Tom & Sara Foulkes
We appreciate the support of the following business donors: Academy of the Holy Cross Adventure Park Sandy Spring Amazing Art Studio AMC Theaters Audi Bethesda Bonefish Grill Bowlmor AMF Castle Laser Tag Caulfield Provision Company Coastal Flats Fit4Mom Gonzaga College High School Green Rain Photography Gregorio’s Trattoria Hartcorn Studios Ikona Photography Il Pizzico John and Carole Matteo & Jackson & Campbell PC Laser Lisse, LLC Lexus of Rockville 5
Lisa White-Potomac Fitness Solutions Maryland School of Dance Merrill Rosen Lynn Monster Mini Golf Nothing Bundt Cakes O’Donnell’s Market Our Lady of Good Counsel Pieology Potomac Pilates Quince Orchard Veterinary Hospital Rockville Soccer Sagamore Spirit and the Novajosky Family Sky Zone St. John’s College High School Strathmore Center for the Arts Ted’s Bulletin The Baseball Zone The Melting Pot Turkey Hill Dairy Whole Foods
Governing Rules of the Auction Our sincere thanks to the businesses and individuals who contributed items and financial support for tonight’s auction. All items are offered in good faith, with restrictions noted, if any. Unless otherwise noted, all goods, services and certificates must be redeemed within one (1) year of the auction date. Buyer and donor will arrange mutually convenient dates for events, unless otherwise specified. Terms and restrictions, if any, vary for each item, so please read information carefully. The auction committee reserves the right to add or withdraw, without notice, auction items prior to purchase. All sales are final. No exchanges or refunds will be allowed.
Each guest/family will receive their bid number as they check in.
Each item has a bid sheet listing the minimum acceptable bid and minimum raise. To place a bid, write your name and bidder number next to the amount you wish to bid on the bid sheet. Do not put other guest’s names or bidder numbers on the bid sheet without their knowledge.
Bids will already be printed in whole dollar amounts, and bidders will be required to meet the printed minimum raise.
Bids, once recorded, cannot be withdrawn.
An announcement will be made before the silent auction closing. St. Raphael reserves the right to extend the closing time.
At the close of the silent auction, the highest bidder recorded on each sheet is the winner of the item and is obligated to purchase the item for the amount bid that night.
On a highly contested item, St. Raphael reserves the right to modify the bidding procedures.
To bid in the live auction, raise your bid card in the air, with your bid number clearly facing the auctioneer. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer will be recorded as the buyer.
The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid that, in his or her opinion, is not commensurate with the value of the item being offered.
In the event of any dispute, the auctioneer shall determine the successful bidder.
The winning bidder will immediately receive for signature a Buyer’s Agreement, listing name and amount of winning bid.
A bidder representing a group assumes responsibility for full payment at the close of the auction. St. Raphael will not solicit payment from individual group members.
Payment in full for auction purchases must be made the evening of SpringFest. Cashiers will be available after the live auction has ended. Buyers are encouraged to register their credit cards upon arrival to expedite the checkout process. Checks (payable to "St. Raphael School"), Visa, MasterCard, and American Express will be accepted.
At checkout, the buyer will receive a receipt for purchases and will authorize those purchases to be charged to the buyer’s credit card.
All items must be removed from the premises the night of SpringFest. St. Raphael is not responsible for any items left for pickup after SpringFest.
Each person issued a bidder number ("the buyer") assumes all risks associated with the auction. The buyer waives any claim to liability against St. Raphael Parish, its elected and appointed officials, members and employees, auctioneer, event organizers, and volunteers ("St. Raphael"). Neither St. Raphael nor the donor of property or services is responsible for any personal injuries or damages to property that may result from the use of the property or services sold.
Though every attempt has been made to describe correctly items in the catalog, everything is sold "AS IS." St. Raphael shall not be held responsible for the accuracy of description or condition of the items.
Dates and times are to be arranged at the mutual convenience of the donor and the buyer, especially reservations for vacation accommodations. Restaurant taxes, tips, gratuity, and alcoholic beverages may be the responsibility of the buyer of the gift card.
The values are estimates only. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount of your payment that exceeds fair market value of goods/services received qualifies as a charitable contribution under Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
~Live Auction~ 100. Kindergarten Class Gift You must get your hands on this one-of-a-kind class gift made by our little kindergartners. Inspired by the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie," this cookie jar is adorable.
101. 1st Grade Class Gift This adorable table and chairs set is adorned with handprints of our precious 1st graders. This will look lovely in your playroom as a treasured keepsake and functional table.
102. 2nd Grade Class Gift With the likeness of each student hand painted on this commemorative plate this item is a real keepsake. The lucky winner will always remember their classmates and their First Holy Communion at St. Raphael School.
103. 3rd Grade Class Gift This large flower planter is the perfect piece to complete your front stoop, garden, or backyard. Personalized by each student, you will find yourself smiling upon great memories of your child at this age for years to come! Just like your child, watch the flowers planted in this beautiful planter grow and flourish with each season!
104. 4th Grade Class Gift This one of a kind ceramic tile serving tray is adorned with individual tiles that are designed and hand decorated by each fourth-grade student. This is a beautiful display piece that can also be used as a special serving tray for all your events!
105. 5th Grade Class Gift This beverage tub is perfect for any gathering. The tub is personalized with each studentâ€™s handprint and is sure to not only keep your beverages cool but also your memories of this class alive!
106. 6th Grade Class Gift The party staple chips & salsa has never had a cozier place to call home!
107. 7th Grade Class Gift Have a snack in this nifty mixing bowl personalized with the names of our seventh-graders!
108. 8th Grade Class Gift This is a class to remember! What better way to memorialize your classmates but in a board game! There will be no losers when playing this classic all-time favorite Monopoly game that has been personalized using pictures of this one-of-a-kind 8th grade class!
109. Reserved Seating at 4 p.m. Christmas Eve Mass in the Church Donated by: St. Raphael Parish Take your time getting the Christmas Eve meal ready because we have saved you a seat for this popular Mass. Relax and take in the miracle that is Christmas knowing that you have reserved seating for up to six (6) people.
~Live Auction~ 110. Washington Nationals Baseball #1 Fan Package Donated by: Cindy Zelaya If you call yourself a diehard Nats fan, this basket is for you! This live auction package has everything from Four (4) Baseline Box Level tickets to a 2018 Washington Nationals home game to a Bryce Harper autographed baseball and a Trea Turner autographed bat! There is so much more in this basket; if we have piqued your interest, make sure you check it out on display at SpringFest!
111. Special Appeal Paddle Raise for Art Room Improvements The art room is used daily by more than 200 K-8 students for classes as well as for the schoolâ€™s extremely popular after-school Art Club. Although studio furniture was in the initial design plan of the Educational Building, other costs associated with the construction of the building required reprioritization. Funds raised in the live auction special appeal (along with those donated online) will help address this need and finance the first stage; procuring studio furniture to include student pedestal tables and stools.
~Silent Auction~ We’ve Got Spirit, Yes, We Do! 200s Closes at 8:25 p.m. 200. St. Raphael School Donated by: The Home & School Association This basket is for you and your SRS Angel. It’s loaded with lots of great gear, so there will be no doubt what school and team you are rooting for!
201. Academy of the Holy Cross Donated by: Academy of the Holy Cross Show your Tartan spirit with all the goodies in this basket!
202. Gonzaga College High School Donated by: Gonzaga College High School Get your purple on! This is a great collection of Eagle wear for your Gonzaga student!
203. Our Lady of Good Counsel Donated by: Our Lady of Good Counsel High School Falcon pride is what this basket is all about!
204. St. John’s College High School Donated by: St. John’s College High School Outfit your aspiring Cadet with this sporty SJC gear!
Kids Zone 300s Closes at 8:25 p.m. 300. Afternoon Tea at Strathmore Mansion with Mrs. Dwyer Donated by: Mrs. Dwyer The lucky winner of this excursion with Mrs. Dwyer will have an afternoon to remember. Your star student will get to pick two friends to accompany them as they spend the afternoon with Mrs. Dwyer at Strathmore Mansion for tea. The lucky winner also will enjoy a tag day and a no homework pass!
301. Take a Hike with the 3rd Grade Teachers Donated by: Ms. Madlala and Mrs. Malay This lucky winner (third-grader and older) will need to lace up the hiking boots and grab up to three (3) friends to hit the trails! The kids will enjoy the beauty that comes with spring as Ms. Madlala and Mrs. Malay guide them through the various 21
trails in Great Falls National Park. Enjoy an afternoon hike with this duo! After the hike, the teachers will provide a picnic lunch for students to enjoy. Date and time to be mutually agreed upon.
302. Sweet Stuff with Ms. Quinn Donated by: Ms. Quinn Don't miss out this sweet deal! The winner of this outing should not have to work hard to find three (3) other Ms. Quinn admirers (who must also love frozen yogurt) to accompany them to Sweet Frog in Rockville (11520 Rockville Pike). Once there, the kids will make their own yogurt creations with unlimited toppings! Go crazy and have fun! After the sugar kicks in, the kids will hang out and play games at Sweet Frog with Ms. Quinn. She is all yours! What a sweet deal with a sweet teacher!
303. The Castle Laser Tag Party for 10 Donated by: The Castle Laser Tag This lucky winner will receive a Castle Laser Tag birthday party for 10 players! This package includes your private party area, a CLT private party leader, paper products, invitations, soft drinks for the players, and a surprise gift for the birthday guest of honor. Pick between two (2) sessionsâ€”laser tag, ropes course, or a combination of both.
304. Sky Zone Gift Certificate $100.00 Donated by: Sky Zone Trampoline Jump your way through the afternoon with this $100 gift certificate to Sky Zone! As the originators of wall-to-wall aerial action, they never stand still. The only way to understand it is to come experience it. So, rally your crew and get into it!
305. The Amazing Art Studio Donated by: The Amazing Art Studio The Amazing Art Studio invites you to be creative with us. This prize allows you up to $25.00 off one piece of artwork per month for SIX MONTHS. Choose from pottery painting, fused glass, canvas, or mosaics.
306. Baseball and Pizza Donated by: The Baseball Zone & Pieology Batter Up! Head out to The Baseball Zone in Gaithersburg and practice your swing, attend a camp or take a private lesson! The Baseball Zone has coin-operated batting cages that are open to the public 7 days a week. Once you have worked up your appetite, head across the street with your $15.00 gift card to Pieology for a custom-made pizza.
307. Kicks Karate Birthday Party Donated by: Kicks Karate Take the stress out of planning your childâ€™s next birthday party by winning this amazing party for up to 30 kids!
308. Rockville Soccer $25.00 Gift Certificate Donated by: Rockville Soccer Soccer Season is here so head over to Rockville Soccer (rockvillesoccer.com) to find all your soccer equipment, cleats, replica jerseys and apparel.
309. Adventure Park Sandy Spring Donated by: Adventure Park Sandy Spring Life is more fun when youâ€™re climbing! Head over to the Adventure Park where you will have two (2) free passes to your great adventure!
310. Maryland School of Dance $75.00 Gift Certificate Donated by: Maryland School of Dance Use this gift certificate to get your budding dancer into dance or maybe to continue their practice. This $75.00 gift certificate can be used towards a pre-ballet class or camp.
Family Fun 400s Closes at 8:35 p.m. 400. Rehoboth Beach, DE Long Weekend Getaway Donated by: Jim and Melissa Fitzgerald, Grandparents of Emma, William & Lilly Nagel This fully renovated beach house is located in the historic Pines section of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. It sleeps 12 easily and has all of the amenities to make your weekend at the beach memorable...fully air-conditioned interior with 5 bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms, large front porch, huge brick patio with fire pit and even a dual outside shower. It is centrally located and one block off of the beach, walking distance to the boardwalk and all downtown restaurants and shops. Come enjoy this beach cottage for a long weekend in September with friends, family or just yourselves!!! Available Thursday September 20th through Sunday September 23rd.
401. Dinner at Bonefish Grill and A Movie Donated by: AMC Theaters and Bonefish Grill Letâ€™s go to the movies! This winner will land four (4) tickets to AMC Theaters and a $50.00 gift certificate to Bonefish Grill. Set the date, you are going out!
402. David Hartcorn Photography In-Studio Session Donated by: Hartcorn Studios Hartcorn Studios is a high-end portrait studio in Annapolis, MD. This winner will receive a gift certificate for one (1) in-studio Family Portrait Session. Included is one (1) 8" gift print and a signed copy of Mr. Hartcorn's Hurricane Isabel print.
403. Ikona Photography Donated by: Ikona Photography This gift certificate is redeemable for one (1) photo session and one (1) 8x10 photograph. 23
404. Green Rain Photography Donated by: Susan Rush, SRS Parent The winner will receive a family photo session in Montgomery County. Session includes: 3060 minutes with a photographer and you will receive 10-20 images on a disc for you to print and own.
405. Commissioned Artwork Donated by: Yolanda Prinsloo What better way to cherish a family memory than have it painted on canvas. This winner will be able to take a treasured moment captured in a photo and have it beautifully transformed into a 16x20 watercolor by St. Raphael's own portrait artist, Yolanda Prinsloo.
406. The Melting Pot Gift Certificate $125.00 Donated by: The Melting Pot Whether you are dining with friends or family, The Melting Pot offers a truly unique dining experience created by the art of fondue. Gift certificate for $125.00.
407. Monster Mini Golf and Pieology Gift Certificate $30.00 Donated by: Monster Mini Golf & Pieology Grab some friends and hit Monster Mini Golf for some putting practice! This winner will receive five (5) tickets to Monster Mini Golf. Afterwards, head to nearby Pieology for some delicious custom-made pizzas!
408. Turkey Hill Experience Family Four Pack Donated by: Turkey Hill Dairy The Turkey Hill Experience features interactive exhibits allowing you to learn about dairy culture, the story of Turkey Hill Dairy, and how the company's ice cream and iced tea flavors are selected and created.
409. Bowling for 6 and Coastal Flats Gift Certificate $25.00 Donated by: Bowlmor AMF & Coastal Flats Take the family or a group of friends to the bowling alley for some friendly competition this spring break! The winner gets six (6) gift certificates to Bowlmor Rockville. Each bowling certificate is redeemable for two (2) hours of unlimited bowling, including shoe rental. Bowling makes you hungry so donâ€™t forget to take your $25.00 gift certificate to Coastal Flats with you for before or after your bowling outing!
410. Whole Food Gift Certificate $50.00 Donated by: Whole Foods Get a start on your grocery shopping with this $50.00 gift certificate.
411. Caulfield Provision Company Pack of Hot Sauces Donated by: Connie Caulfield of Caulfield Provision Company Made from all-natural ingredients this locally owned companyâ€™s family recipes are sure to take your taste buds on an adventure. Have a serious hot sauce fanatic in the family? This is for them! www.caulfieldprovisioncompany.com 24
412. Dental Cleaning, Exam and Full Mouth Series of X-Rays Donated by: Charles D. Dietrich, DDS and Catherine Dietrich Pulse, DDS, SRS parent Time for your dental checkup? This package will get your pearly whites in tip-top condition. Includes dental cleaning, exam, and full mouth series of x-rays.
413. Quince Orchard Veterinary Hospital Gift Certificate $100.00 Donated by: Quince Orchard Veterinary Hospital Letâ€™s not forget the favorite pet in the family and its well-being.
414. Mountain Top Retreat Getaway Luray, Virginia Donated by: Culin and Danielle Tate, parents of an SRS 3rd grader Need to get away? Spend some time surrounded by the gorgeous natural beauty of skyline drive in this cozy modern cabin set on 7 acres adjacent to George Washington National Forest owned by SRS parents Danielle and Culin Tate. This 1,200-square-foot cabin is perfectly rustic on the outside, yet modern on the inside. Lounge by the massive stone fireplace, sip wine in the tree house or screenedin porch, visit the Luray Caverns, or explore the local river, streams, and trails winding through George Washington Forest and beyond. Sleeps a maximum of 5 people. View pictures at bit.ly/luraycabin. Restrictions apply, not available on holiday weekends. Stay FridaySunday or Saturday-Monday.
Forever 21 500s Closes at 8:40 p.m. 500. Lauren Ralph Lauren Millbrook Satchel in Black Donated by: Mary Ellen Vassallo and Family A perfect choice for everyday travel, the Lauren Ralph Lauren Millbrook Satchel features a timeless silhouette dressed up with polished brass-tone hardware and a convenient crossbody strap.
501. Lauren Ralph Lauren Millbrook Chain Xbody in Vanilla Donated by: Mary Ellen Vassallo and Family A sleek pattern covers the Lauren Ralph Lauren Millbrook Chain Crossbody for a sophisticated take on a classic silhouette.
502. Lauren Ralph Lauren Merrimack Reversible Tote Black/Taupe Donated by: Mary Ellen Vassallo and Family With a removable zip pouch and a reversible design, this vegan leather tote offers double the versatility for work and the weekend.
503. Rock the Reformer® by Potomac Pilates Donated by: Potomac Pilates This is not your typical Pilates class. Rock the Reformer® by Potomac Pilates' style of reformer Pilates classes will systematically and rhythmically take you through a choreographed 55-minute routine designed to strengthen, lengthen, and tone your mind and body. Offer includes 10-Point Package—equals five (5) regular classes or ten (10) happy hour classes.
504. Personal Training Sessions Donated by: Lisa White-Potomac Fitness Solutions, Certified Personal Trainer Get a jump-start to summer with a one-hour personal training session with Lisa White of Potomac Fitness Solutions. Lisa is a National Academy of Sports Medicine-certified Personal Trainer who provides customized in-home personal training sessions. The free personal training session will include a discussion of your current health goals, a fitness evaluation, and the winner will leave with a list of suggested exercises to help achieve his or her goals. For more information, please visit www.potomacfitnesssolutions.com.
505. Fit&Fun with Fit4Mom Classes and Workout Gear Donated by: Ewa Kowalska & Fit4Mom Get toned for the summer with this great workout package. This winner will receive a five (5) class pass good for any Fit4Mom programs currently being offered (Stroller Strides, Stroller Barre or Body Back). In addition, the winner will go home with workout essentials to include (2) 5lb weights, a resistance band, T-shirt, and a box of Kind bars to keep you fueled after your workouts!
506. Stella and Dot’s Luxe Studs Donated by: Merrill Rosen Lynn Go home with this beautiful pair of Stella & Dot’s best-selling Luxe Studs. The winner will also get a catered style session – your stylist will bring the champagne & cupcakes for you to share with your friends! Visit the stylist’s website at bit.ly/stella-merrill.
507. Laser Skin Tightening Treatment Donated by: Kathleen Farrell M.D. SRS Parent, Laser Lisse Want to reduce fine lines? Want your skin to feel younger? Want to minimize pores, reduce acne, or redness from rosacea? With this certificate you will receive one free Skin Rejuvenation treatment for the face (or a similar approved area). This treatment will stimulate your body to create new natural collagen.
508. Laser Hair Removal Treatment Donated by: Kathleen Farrell M.D. SRS Parent, Laser Lisse With this certificate you will receive one free laser hair removal treatment for underarms (or a similar approved area). You will love it! Laser Lisse LLC, under the guidance of Kathleen Frekko Farrell, M.D., offers services to both men and women of all skin types.
509. Car Detailing at Audi Bethesda Donated by: Audi Bethesda Get your car ready for the summer sunshine with this professional car detailing service from Audi Bethesda! Open to any make of vehicle.
510.(A) Car Detailing at Lexus of Rockville Donated by: Tim Wood, SRS Parent “Tim The Lexus Guy” Spring is here, and it is time to wash off the winter grime and get your car detailed, inside and out! Open to any make of vehicle.
511.(B) Car Detailing at Lexus of Rockville Donated by: Tim Wood, SRS Parent “Tim The Lexus Guy” Spring is here, and it is time to wash off the winter grime and get your car detailed, inside and out! Open to any make of vehicle.
512. Strathmore Center For The Arts Donated by: Strathmore Center for the Arts Two (2) tickets to a performance at Strathmore. Restrictions apply.
513. The Color Purple at The Kennedy Center Donated by: John and Carole Matteo and Jackson & Campbell PC The winner of this item will find themselves holding two (2) tickets to The Color Purple, 2016 Tony Award® winner for Best Musical Revival! Tickets are for August 1, 2018 8:00 p.m. performance, row N, seats 101, 102. We know you will be hungry before the show so head out to II Pizzico in Rockville for your preshow meal where you can spend your $100 gift certificate on a great meal! Sounds like a great date night to us!
514. For the Whiskey Aficionado Donated by: Sagamore Spirit and the Novajosky Family It's the hot beverage right now, and it's perfect for the whiskey lover in your life. This spirited package contains one bottle of Sagamore Spirit Straight Rye Whiskey, a whiskey ice cube tray, and a gift card for four people to take a tour of Sagamore Spirit, a new distillery in South Baltimore.
K-8 Class Donations 600s Closes at 8:50 p.m. 600. Family Fun-Spring Break Survival Kit Donated by: Kindergarten Families Staying around town for Spring Break? The items in this basket are sure to keep you busy for your staycation! This amazing basket includes, $200 Pinstripes gift card, $100 gift card to Sky Zone, $40 gift card to Carmen's Italian Ice, $30 gift card to Gregorio's Trattoria and a stack of fun for the whole family board games!
601. Readers Nook Donated by: First Grade Families Time to snuggle up and get comfortable! This readers nook will be hard to leave, complete with your very own Kindle e-reader with built in wi-fi, light and charger/power adapter, an Indoor teepee play tent, a “Wild Things" Brown Bear wearable hooded blanket, decorative clip photo string lights, two throw pillows and more!
602. Date Night Donated by: Second Grade Families This basket was prepared with your enjoyment in mind. Start your evening at Summer House Santa Monica where your $150 gift card will come in handy. Then, take in a movie at iPic Theaters and don’t forget the snacks with your $100 gift card. Also included is $100 Visa gift card that can be used towards babysitting or for purchasing a new outfit for the night and a $50 Uber gift card.
603. Backyard Bonfire Donated by: Third Grade Families Where marshmallows and friends get toasted at the same time! This package contains everything you need for an evening by the fire. From the firepit to the s’mores you’ll be sure to make memories in your own backyard!
604. Backyard Relaxation Donated by: Fourth Grade Families This package will have you day dreaming of the fresh warm breeze of spring and summer days! Drift off and relax as you rest in your new 13 ft quilted hammock (free standing hammock stand included). Other accessories include, a custom printed SRS accent pillow, Lilly Pulitzer S'well 25 oz insulated water bottle, outdoor folding butler tray, a Pottery Barn acrylic drink pitcher with 6 matching glasses and a gift certificate to Good Earth Garden Center to use towards adding some color to your new backyard retreat!
605. Best American Baker! Donated by: Fifth Grade Families Here’s everything you need to win The Best American Baker! Complete with Cake Pop Maker, Russian pipping set & guide, rotating cake stand, cake decorating book cupcake & cake pans, three-tier cupcake carrier, Georgetown Cupcake and Chocolate lava cake mix. 28
To top it off you will receive a $50 Williams Sonoma gift card and so much more!! Oh, and we can’t forget that the winner will go home with Kim Manthei's famous chocolate cake.
606. Ultimate Tailgating Essentials Donated by: Sixth Grade Families Take home this basket and be the envy of all the other parents on the sidelines next weekend! Contents include: Two folding chairs, perfect for any field, Logo Brands round table with 4 cup holders that folds and has its own carry case, Quest collapsible wagon, to help cart the contents of the basket (or a few kids) when the trip from the car is just too much, an Igloo cooler, two Yeti tumblers with lids, a Nerf football and last but not least, a few six pack of craft beer, snacks and a portable Bluetooth speaker.
607. After Dinner Delights Donated by: Seventh Grade Families Picture this, you've just finished an exquisite dinner with friends, and now you want something smooth and settling you can sip after the table is cleared. Maybe you want something hot or sweet, whatever your palate desires after a delicious dinner, this basket has something for everyone!
608. “The Marylander” Donated by: Eighth Grade Families Celebrate this great state with the contents of this basket which include a gift card to Old Angler’s Inn for $100, a gift card for an original Smith Island Cake to be shipped to your door, a bottle of Passeggiata from Black Ankle Vineyards, an Alex and Ani bracelet, a Maryland Starbucks coffee mug, a Ravens Tervis tumbler, a Maryland state flag plush throw, among other Maryland themed items.
Best Seats in the House 700s Closes at 8:55 p.m. 700. Reserved Seating at First Communion Donated by: St. Raphael Parish The children have spent all year preparing for this momentous occasionâ€”don't stress out about securing the best seat in the church to see it! The highest bidder can take it easy that morning knowing that up to 10 seats in a prime location are reserved for them at the 10:30 a.m. First Communion Mass.
701. Reserved Seating at Confirmation Mass Donated by: St. Raphael Parish The highest bidder can rest easy knowing that up to 10 seats will be reserved for them in a prime location at the Confirmation Mass. You and your family will be guaranteed a great seat to witness this momentous occasion for your child.
702.A Reserved Seating at SRS 8th Grade Graduation Ceremony Donated by: St. Raphael School Reserved prime seating for the eighth-grade graduation Mass and ceremony located on the right side of the church, facing the altar, closest to the boy section seating. You and your family will be pleased to know that they have a guaranteed prime viewing seat for up to 9 to witness this momentous occasion for your child.
702.B Reserved Seating at SRS 8th Grade Graduation Ceremony Donated by: St. Raphael School Reserved prime seating for the eighth-grade graduation Mass and ceremony located on the left side of the church, facing the altar, closest to the girl section seating. You and your family will be pleased to know that they have a guaranteed prime viewing seat for up to 9 to witness this momentous occasion for your child.
703. Reserved Seating for the K-8 Christmas Pageant Donated by: St. Raphael School No need to be the first in line when the doors open to scramble for good seats at the 2018 Christmas pageant. The winner of this item will have the luxury of walking to the front row to claim their reserved seats for up to six (6) people!
~Sign-Up Events ~ Multiple Winners-Limited Spots. Closes As Soon as Slots Fill 800. NBA Slam Dunk Against the "A" Team Donated by: Mr. Nash, Mrs. Chongpinitchai, Mr. Carpenter, Mrs. Kelly, and Fr. Dave Wells We are in search of five brave middle school boys to take on the SRS middle school teachers in an epic battle on the basketball court! This is one highly competitive and wickedly smart team! Your child will get the chance to go toe to toe against these teachers in hopes of beating them and starting a winning student tradition. They’ll spend an afternoon playing basketball and learning a lesson or two (about their teachers). Teachers will provide a lot of laughs and Gatorade for each player. Game date: TBD. There are five (5) spaces, and the cost is $50 per child.
801. WNBA Slam Dunk Against the "A" Team Donated by: Mr. Nash, Mrs. Chongpinitchai, Mr. Carpenter, Mrs. Kelly, and Fr. Dave Wells We are in search of five intrepid middle school girls to take on the SRS middle school teachers in an epic battle on the basketball court! This is one highly competitive and wickedly smart team! Your child will get the chance to go toe to toe against these teachers in hopes of beating them and starting a winning student tradition. They’ll spend an afternoon playing basketball and learning a lesson or two (about their opposing team). Teachers will provide a lot of laughs and Gatorade for each player. Game date: TBD. There are five (5) spaces, and the cost is $50 per child.
802. I Scream! You Scream! We all Scream for Teachers & Ice Cream! Donated by: Mrs. Bosnick and Mrs. Roche Mrs. Bosnick and Mrs. Roche will make your child doubly excited by hosting a sundae bar and movie. These teachers know their stuff when it comes to fun and will share an afternoon with your kids. Students will stay after school and watch a movie (mutually agreed upon—it will be great!) and create their own sundae creations. This event is one for the books! But don't bring any books—this is all fun and no work! This event will occur on April 13th from 3:30-5:30. The cost is $30 per child. Open to students in all grades, and the cost is $30 per child.
803. Let's Meet at Starbucks with Mrs. Buzby Donated by: Mrs. Buzby For all those students who have asked Mrs. Buzby to meet at Starbucks, it’s go time! Meet Mrs. Buzby at a mutually decided Starbucks location, and she will take it from there! Up to six (6) participants will enjoy a Starbucks specialty drink of their choice and then let the chatting begin. Games included for added fun. Perhaps an Uno champion will emerge! What we do know is that these students will emerge all the wiser! This outing is for up to six (6) students in seventh or eighth grade and will occur on a mutually agreed upon afternoon. The cost is $30 per child.
804. Water Balloons with our K and 1st Grade Teachers Donated by: Mrs. Hainer, Mrs. O’Connor, Ms. Isola, and Mrs. Polsky Enjoy some early summer fun with these teachers, who sure know how to have a good time! Students will have a water-day party with water balloons, water squirters, and popsicles! We will meet after school and have a water party in the circle outside of first grade. This event will occur on Tuesday, June 12, immediately following Field Day. It is open to 20 students in kindergarten and first grade. The cost is $30 per child.
805. An Afternoon in Bethesda Donated by: Mrs. Long This afternoon in Bethesda with Mrs. Long is sure to be a highlight of the week, if not month or even year, for these lucky students! The afternoon will begin aboard Mrs. Long's family bus (how many teachers have a bus? she is that cool), where these lucky ladies will head into Bethesda to get their nails done. Once relaxed and finished at the salon, this group of giggling gals will head to “All Fired Up” in Bethesda to paint pottery, and then walk to an ice cream or yogurt shop to top things off! What an afternoon. This event will occur after school on a mutually agreed date and is open to any student in grades 4-8. The cost is $50 per child.
806. Putt Putt with Mrs. Trees and Mrs. Everling Donated by: Mrs. Trees and Mrs. Everling Mrs. Trees and Mrs. Everling claim to be expert golfers! Eight (8) lucky 2nd graders will have the chance to put that to the test on the putt putt course one afternoon this coming June. What an opportunity to go head to head, hole to hole with these two amazing 2nd grade teachers! Date to be mutually decided upon and transportation will be the responsibility of the child's guardians. The cost is $40 per child.
807. Ladies Night Out Painting Party with Yolanda Prinsloo Donated by: Yolanda Prinsloo and the Home & School Association Leave the chaos of home behind you and come and experience the relaxing powers of creating your own masterpiece! Spend two hours flexing your creative muscles under the expert guidance of art teacher Yolanda Prinsloo. No experience necessary, Yolanda gives great instruction! Cheese and crackers, wine and soft drinks will be provided. Go ahead, put down your phone and pick up a paintbrush! We will schedule this event for a weeknight during the first two weeks in September. All proceeds from this event will go towards the art room improvement project! The cost is $45 per person.
808. Party Like It’s 1999! Donated by: Mike & Suzy Hite, Tom & Sara Foulkes, Jim & Andrea Beane, Chris & Molly Nagel This wild and crazy gang of SRS couples are ready to relive their glory days as college co-eds and they hope you are ready to join in the fun! This cohort will treat those who accept the challenge to party like it’s 1999, to a great dinner complete with delicious libations (Natty Light and Zima of course) and what kind of party would it be without some good ole party games only fitting for a frat house or in this case, a house in the burbs! Sign up as a couple or an individual. Cost is $30 per person. There are 40 spots available. This much anticipated event will take place on a Friday night in late August.
Thank you to the following local businesses for donating the delicious desserts for tonight’s event!
My SpringFest 2018 Auction Watch List
Published on Mar 14, 2018