Thank you for being a valued customer
Welcome to our Christmas Recipe Book
This is our gift to you this Christmas so that you can make the most amazing, scrumptious recipes over the festive season. We feel privileged to have at our fingertips the amazing products that are featured in this book. Seriously, our mouths were watering when we were putting this together. Get creative in your kitchen, have fun and celebrate how wonderful life is with food, family and friends. Editor: Erin Pyers Design : Bolivia Baran
festive Recipes 1. Loving Earth Salted Caramel Swirl Ice Cream
9. JT's Coconut Essence Christmas Eggnog
2. Ozganics Balsamic Beet Salad
10. Pure Food Essentials Banana Berry French Toast
3. Monica’s Mixes Christmas Fruit Cake 4. A.Vogel Fig Herbamare Salad 5. Kehoe’s Christmas canapés 6. Kitz Living Foods Classic Vego Pizza 7. Ceres Roasted Beetroot Hummus 8. Forbidden Black Rice Pudding
11. Niulife Avocado Cacao Christmas Mousse 12. Greenag Christmas Roast Turkey 13. Flannerys Creamy Vegan Fudge 14. Amazonia Skinny Berry Cacao Smoothie 15. Banana Berry Coconut Smoothie Bowl with Byron Bay Macadamia Muesli
Bonus recipes Kunara Quinoa & Roast Vegie Salad
PREP 20 MIN
Salted caramel swirl ice cream v egan, dairy and gluten fr e e
By: loving earth
This ice cream tastes like it should be evil! Super creamy and fluffy, with swirls of salted caramel chocolate and chunks of choc coated cacao nibs. Topped with our new obsession, caramel & choc coated almonds. Summer sorted!
Ingredients Ice Cream 1 cup (150g) raw cashews (soaked 6 hours, washed & drained) 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream ⅓ cup (80ml) agave syrup ½ tsp Loving Earth Mesquite Powder ⅓ cup (80ml) melted Coconut Oil ¼ cup (45g) Choc Coated Cacao Nibs ½ block (40g) Loving Earth Salted Caramel Chocolate Toppings Caramel & Choc Coated Almonds Salted Caramel Chocolate pieces
Method 1. Blend cashews, coconut cream, agave syrup and mesquite powder in a highspeed blender until completely smooth and creamy. Add Coconut Oil and blend until completely combined. 2. Pour mixture into a metal loaf tin. Fold in cacao nibs. 3. Melt chocolate and drizzle over ice cream. Using a teaspoon fold and twirl chocolate into the ice cream to make a swirl pattern. Cover tin tightly with foil and freeze overnight until set. 4. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving to soften slightly. Scoop into ice cream cones or small bowls, sprinkle with toppings.
PREP 10 MIN Cook 15 min
ozganics balsamic beet salad gluten fr ee, vegetar ian
Ingredients 1 large bag baby spinach 2 beetroots, roasted Âź of butternut pumpkin, roasted 1 jar of bocconcini 1 red onion, thinly sliced 1 carrot, grated 1 punnet cherry tomatoes chopped into quarters handful of basil leaves optional: roasted pine nuts 1 tablespoon OZGANICS balsamic dressing
Method 1. Preheat oven to 180oC 2. Cut beetroot and pumpkin into small cubes and place on a lightly oiled baking tray and toss through the oil with salt 3. Bake until nicely browned and soft, then take out to cool 4. In a large salad bowl mix the spinach, red onion, bocconcini, cherry tomatoes, carrot, basil leaves and pine nuts until all combined 5. Toss through the cooled roasted beetroot and pumpkin and dress with Ozganics Balsamic Dressing
Cook 1h 15 min
Monica’s Mixes Christmas Fruit Cake GLUTEN FR EE DAIRY FR EE EGG FRE E
By: MONICA’S MIXES Ingredients 200g mixed dried fruit of choice
Method 1. Preheat oven to 150oC and line a deep, 15cm round cake tin with baking paper.
75ml brandy or fresh orange juice
2. Place the dried fruit, brandy or juice, orange zest and goji berries into a small pot and bring to the boil.
1 tbsp orange zest
3. Boil for 30 seconds, remove from heat and set aside.
2 tbsp goji berries
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk the apple puree, oil and water until smooth. Add the Banana Bread Mix and whisk until smooth.
1 x packet Monica’s Mixes Banana Bread Mix ½ cup (125ml) mild flavoured oil ½ cup (125ml) water 250g apple puree 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg 50g glace cherries 50g raw almonds 3 tbsp orange marmalade
5. Fold through the plumped fruit and brandy mix. Combine well and spoon the batter into prepared cake tin. Arrange the glace cherries and almonds on top of the cake. 6. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Allow to cool. 7. To glaze add 1 tablespoon of water to marmalade in a small pot and warm over low heat until liquefied. Use a pastry brush to glaze the top of the cake. 8. Store in a cool spot in an airtight container.
PREP 30 MIN
A.Vogel - Fig Herbamare Salad
g lut e n fr ee, pr eservat ive fr ee, m sg fre e
By: A. VOGEL
Ingredients 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp pomegranate molasses 1 tsp dijon mustard 1 peeled eschalot, finely diced Herbamare Original and freshly ground pepper to taste 6 ripe figs, at room temperature 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted 6 large basil leaves 40g wild rocket 150g soft goats cheese, crumbled
Method 1. Whisk together oil, pomegranate molasses, dijon mustard and eschalot with the Herbamare Original and freshly ground pepper (to taste). 2. Slice figs into quarters. Roughly chop the walnuts. Tear basil leaves into small pieces. 3. Mix together rocket, basil and walnuts with half the dressing. Place this across the base of a large serving platter. Arrange the fig pieces and crumble the soft goats cheese over the leaves. 4. Finish by drizzling the remaining dressing on top and serve immediately.
Kehoe’s Christmas canapés
pal eo with vegetar ian optio n , glu te n fre e , dairy fre e & su gar fre e
By: kehoe’s kitchen
blinis Ingredients 6 Eggs 1 cup tapioca or GF flour of choice 1 pinch of bi-carb soda ¼ tsp natural sea salt Note: We use Blinis as the base
of our canapes as an alternative from crackers.
1. Set crepe maker or non-stick pan to low heat to warm up. 2. Place all blini ingredients into blender and blend to smooth batter. 3. Use a tablespoon to measure out small disks onto pan. 4. Flip disks when bubbles first appear. 5. Set aside on rack to cool completely. 6. Repeat until all batter is used. 7. Assemble as in the photo with toppings listed.
1. Spread base with avocado 2. Top with socket or salad leaves 3. Top with sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, sliced avocado, diced yellow pepper 4. Crumble fetta 5. Cut or break the pizza and ENJOY!
PREP 15 MINs Cook 45 mins
7 Glute n Fre e , Dairy Fre e
2 medium sized fresh beetroots 2 cans Ceres Organics Chickpeas ¼ cup unhulled tahini 2 tablespoons nut butter (cashew or almond) 1 tablespoon miso paste juice of 1 large lemon ⅓ cup water ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzle sea salt & black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Wrap beetroot in foil, place on a baking tray and roast for 45 minutes, or until soft. Allow to cool, peel away the skins and roughly chop. 2. Add chickpeas, tahini, nut butter, miso paste, lemon juice and water to a high speed blender and process until smooth, scraping down the sides if required. 3. Add the roasted beetroot, and with the blender running, pour in the olive oil, processing until smooth and creamy. Season to taste. 4. Serve with a topping of toasted seeds, rosemary, a dash of extra virgin olive oil, and a packet or two of Ceres Organics Brown or Black Rice Crackers for dipping. Will last in fridge in a sealed container for up to a week.
Black rice pudding with coconut cream is a classic Asian sweet dish and the perfect summer treat for breakfast or after dinner. Garnish with all your favourite fruits and nuts and you’ll be hooked!
1 cup Forbidden Black Rice ½ tsp of sea salt 2 cups water ½ cup chopped palm sugar with ½ cup of water 200ml tin coconut cream 100g of almond kernels Punnet of strawberries
1. Place rice, salt and water in a heavy-based pot. Bring to the boil and simmer on medium heat. 2. Meanwhile, chop the palm sugar and add to the water. Bring to the boil and simmer until the sugar dissolves (about five minutes). When the rice has been cooking 20 minutes, add the syrup and cook for another 10 minutes. 3. Chop the almond kernels roughly. 4. Serve black rice warm on a summer night with cold coconut cream, strawberries, sprinkled with the almond kernels.
FORBIDDEN BLACK RICE 500G
PREP 10-15 min chill: 8 hours makes 6 cups
JT’S CHRISTMAS EGGNOG Glut en Fr ee, Dairy Fr ee
By: JT's COCONUT ESSENCE Ingredients 4 cups of JT’s pure coconut milk ½ cup of rice malt syrup ¼ tsp ground cinnamon ¼ tsp ground nutmeg 6 large eggs ¼ cup of brandy 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Method 1. Place coconut milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Bring off heat to cool slightly. 2. Combine rice malt syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and eggs in a large bowl - whisk gently until everything is combined. 3. Gradually add slightly cooled milk to egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. 4. Return milk mixture to pan; cook over medium - low heat until thick (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly. 5. Pour into a bowl; stir in brandy and vanilla bean paste. 6. Chill for 8 hours or overnight in the fridge – serve warm or cold depending on your preference. Merry Christmas from JT's Coconut Essence
16 pieces good quality bread (organic sourdough recommended)
By: Natural Food and Nutrition
Softened butter (to cover bread) 2 large eggs
Banana Berry French Toast Method
Butter bread slices on one side and set aside.
Place eggs, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, dulse, milk and vanilla into a shallow dish and whisk well to combine.
1 tsp cinnamon powder + extra to serve (verum recommended)
Mash bananas well and mix in the cacao, coconut and berries until combined and set aside.
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Melt a small portion of butter and coconut oil in a large fry pan over low-medium heat until foaming.
Dip a piece of bread (buttered side down) into the egg mixture and place butter side down into the fry pan.
Place a spoon of the banana mixture on the bread. Dip a second piece of bread (buttered side down) into the egg mixture and place butter side up on top of the banana.
Cook until the underside is lovely and golden, turn and repeat on the other side. Carefully remove from the pan to an oven safe plate and place in a very low oven to keep warm.
Repeat with remaining slices of bread, adding extra butter and coconut oil as required to prevent sticking. Serve on warmed plates sprinkled with rapadura sugar, a sprinkling of cinnamon and a dollop of real cream.
⅛ tsp cardamom powder (optional) ½ tsp ginger powder
½ tsp dulse flakes (optional) 3⁄4 cup milk Small pinch vanilla powder 3 bananas, mashed 1 tbsp cacao powder, sifted 1 tbsp shredded coconut 1 cup frozen blueberries or berries of choice, thawed 1 tbsp butter, divided 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, divided
To s e rve Rapadura sugar Real cream
Serves 8 - 10
AVOCADO CACAO CHRISTMAS MOUSSE
G luten Fr ee, Dairy Fr ee, vegan , raw
By: niulife (The easiest & most delicious raw, vegan dessert ever!)
Ingredients 3 medium ripe avocados (around 450g) 100g melted Niulife coconut oil 1â „2 tsp vanilla essence 1 cup (90g) raw cacao powder Pinch of salt (Himalaya or quality sea salt)
Method 1. So easy to whip up, but make sure your oil is melted and other ingredients are at room temperature before you start (just take the avocados out of the fridge 30 min before starting). 2. Combine avocado, cacao, salt, Niulife coconut syrup and vanilla in your blender and whiz into a beautiful puree. 3. Add the delicious and 100% Fair Trade Niulife virgin coconut oil, quickly combine.
250-300g Niulife coconut syrup, depending on how sweet you want it
4. Dollop into ramekins or your favourite festive dessert glasses, refrigerate for at least 40 minutes before serving.
(Optional pistachios as garnish)
5. Top with seasonal fruit and enjoy as a delicious (but low GI, low guilt) decadent Christmas dessert. Even the most resistant, anti-health-food-person in your life will love this!
100% OF PROFITS FROM ALL NIULIFE PRODUCTS GO TOWARDS ERASING POVERTY, BRINGING HOPE AND EMPOWERING LIVES.
PREP 15 MIN cook 2 hours
Serves 6 - 8
Christmas Roast Turkey
By: GreenAg Free Range Organic Turkeys
Ingredients 1 x 5kg Whole GreenAg Organic Turkey 1 cup diced organic onions Â˝ cup roughly cut organic carrots Â˝ cup roughly cut organic celery Olive oil or Ghee Himalayan salt Cracked pepper Optional: Organic apples or oranges or onions
Method 1. Rub whole turkey with oil or ghee 2. Season with salt & pepper 3. Optional: We suggest adding a couple of apples, oranges or onions to the cavity to allow your bird to cook evenly. This also adds a complementing flavour. 4. Cook for approx 2 hrs in oven preheated to 180oC. (Allow 20mins per kilo) 5. When juices in the cavity are clear the turkey is cooked. 6. Rest your turkey before serving. 7. Serve with: GreenAg Wild Rice, Cranberry & Walnut Stuffing. Recipe at www.greenag.com.au
PREP 15 MIN cool 2 hours
Serves 8 - 12
Creamy vegan fudge
dairy fr ee, r efine d su gar fre e , glu te n fre e , v egan
2 organic ripe bananas 3 Flannerys Own Organic Maple Syrup 3 tbsp Flannerys Own Organic Peanut Butter ½ tsp ground cinnamon A pinch of Flannerys Own Fine Himalayan Salt ½ tsp vanilla essence ½ cup coconut butter ¼ cup Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Powder Flannerys Own Organic Cacao Nibs
1. Process all ingredients (except the cacao nibs) in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. 2. Line a shallow baking dish with baking paper and pour the mixture into the dish and top with a sprinkle of cacao nibs. 3. Add to the freezer and allow to set for a few of hours. 4. Before serving remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for 10–15 minutes before cutting into cubes.
Bonus recipe from flannerys!
PREP 2 MIN
Skinny Berry Cacao Smoothie Gluten Fr ee, Dairy Fr ee, vegan
By: Amazonia Ingredients 250ml almond milk Â˝ cup frozen raspberries Â˝ cup frozen blueberries 1 serve Amazonia Raw Slim and Tone Protein Cacao Macadamia 1 tsp Amazonia Raw multi 1 tbsp chia seeds
Method 1. Combine ingredients in blender. Serve immediately and enjoy! Tips Great for a light and antioxidant-packed breakfast.
PREP 7 MIN
BANANA BERRY COCONUT SMOOTHIE BOWL
G lut e n F r e e , dairy fr ee, ad d it ive fr ee, no adde d su gar
By: byron bay macadamia muesli Ingredients 2 chopped frozen bananas ½ cup mixed berries – raspberries strawberries & blueberries 1cup LITE coconut cream 1 tablespoon honey Extra berries to garnish 1 tbsp shredded coconut Byron Bay Muesli Gluten Free
Method 1. Place all ingredients into blender or nutri- bullet until thick & smooth. 2. Place into a bowl. Top with BYRON BAY MUESLI GLUTEN FREE, berries and shredded coconut.
PREP 10 MINs Cook 35 mins
quinoa & roast vegie salad Glut e n Fre e
By: Kunara organic marketplace Ingredients 2 cups quinoa, soaked overnight in 4 cups water 1 large sweet potato, peeled 1 large eggplant 2 large zucchini 100g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped 400g can of chickpeas, drained ½ cup each of chopped parsley, shallots & mint Optional: 100g fetta, crumbled Cabbage leaves, coriander, and lime to serve balsami c d r es s i ng
Method 1. Drain quinoa, rinse and drain again. 2. Place in a medium saucepan with 3 cups water and simmer for 20 mins or until water is absorbed. 3. Use a fork to fluff up the grains and set aside to cool completely. 4. Preheat oven to 180oC for 10 minutes. Dice the sweet potato, eggplant and zucchini into 1cm cubes, toss with a little olive oil and spread over a baking tray. Roast vegies for approx 15 mins or til just cooked through. 5. Set aside and cool completely 6. Gently mix all ingredients together and place into serving bowls. Dizzle with ½ cup dressing, top with fetta if using & serve on cabbage leaves with coriander and lime. dr es s in g Me t hod
1 cup olive oil ½ cup balsamic vinegar
1. Shake ingredients together in a large jar.
1 tbsp seeded mustard
2. Store in fridge until required
1 tbsp honey 1 tsp salt
Bonus recipe We hope you enjoyed this little book of goodies
Merry christmas and a happy new year