surbiton hockey club | sponsorship proposal
SURBITON 1874 Surbiton Hockey Club | Sugden Road | Long Ditton | Surbiton | KT7 0AE
“Sport Matters. Sport brings people together for a common aim, it inspires a passion and a dedication which plays a central part in many people’s lives. Sport is for individuals striving to succeed – either on their own, or in teams. However, those individuals, together or alone, need the help of others – to provide the facilities, the equipment, the opportunities”. Tony Blair, ‘A Sporting Future for All’
Surbiton Hockey Club is looking to attract sponsorship to help develop the Club and its players. We can offer sponsors tangible benefits from an involvement with Surbiton Hockey Club.
• All our sponsorship packages will be individually tailored to meet our sponsors’ requirements which might include brand awareness, corporate image, customer and employee relations and community relations. Our sponsorship partners will benefit from an association with a prestigious and successful sports club and will have access to some of the UK’s leading hockey players for promotional activities.
• The Club is looking for sponsorship in cash and in-kind, ranging from hockey equipment to services or expertise. • We are a thriving hockey club with a number of elite players, six of whom have been selected for the Great Britain squad to compete at the Beijing Olympics. This is an enviable position for Surbiton HC as the profile of Olympic sports in the UK is particularly high at present and these Olympic players are available for promotional activities. • Surbiton has also been named as a 2012 Olympic training venue. • The strong Colts section boasts numerous international age group players (girls and boys) who have their sights firmly set on 1st XI hockey and future Olympic honours.
about surbiton hockey club
Surbiton Hockey Club was founded in 1874 and was a founder member of the Hockey Association. The Club has a proud tradition of providing sporting facilities for the local community as well as developing many international players – past, present and future.
We have over 1200 male and female members ranging from adults to children as young as six years old. Our Men’s 1st XI team competes in the National Premier League and frequently in Europe; our Ladies 1st XI competes in South Clubs Division 2. We have 2 artifi cial pitches at the Club – one of which is a water-based surface – and a clubhouse that successfully hosts a number of social events and community groups. Very few clubs in the country are in this position. As well as nine men’s International players we also have fi ve women’s England Internationals (three in the U16s, one in the U18s/U21s and one in the England Mixed side).
why sponsor surbiton hockey club?
• Brand exposure and awareness on national and international platform.
• Link with National and International hockey players moving towards London 2012. • Part of a large local community. • Advertising opportunities on Club website, pitch-side boarding, Club house, Club newsletters, match day programme and other publications. • Business-to-business links and contacts within the Club and with other sponsors. • Links with a London 2012 training venue. • Links with a thriving Colts section. • Access to a database of approximately 1200 members.
surbiton hockey club’s future
• This will include the continued development of the pitches and other facilities in line with a London 2012 training venue
• The Men’s 1st XI aims to achieve success at the top of the English Premier League leading to participation in the newly formed Euro Hockey League (this will mean regular international TV and media coverage). This will be done with high quality coaching, recruitment and development of Colts and Academy players. • The continued growth of the Colts section and Academy will provide both the local community and the Club’s juniors with high quality coaching and support. • Fostering a broad community involvement will provide increased opportunities at a local level and will encourage a healthy lifestyle through sporting participation at all levels.
We would like our sponsors to have a longterm partnership with Surbiton Hockey Club, so we are offering opportunities at various levels of investment from head sponsors to business club partners. We have packages available to suit all budgets, but all aspects can be negotiated to suit individual requirements.
It is our responsibility to make sure the sponsorship works for you. Evaluation and delivery of the final package will be a core part of the package. Our sponsorship packages are offered on 3 tiers depending on the level of support; each package offers its own benefits. Please have a look at what we have to offer on the following pages.
head sponsors | £10,000 – £15,000 over 3 seasons
• 4 prime Pitch 1 advertising boards • Match day programme advert; Front and back cover, team page profi le • Website banner on surbitonhc.com • Business Club membership • Access to 1st XI players for marketing activities • Logo and advertising on Club newsletters and communication • Naming rights for individuals or teams (eg Men’s 1st XI, Colts Academy) • logo – shirt chest • logo – tracksuit (rear) • Signed and framed Men’s 1st XI shirt and picture
Marketing partners will gain the benefi ts listed below. Marketing partners may be suppliers who may wish to include their service or goods as part of or their entire sponsorship fee.
Benefi ts • 2 Pitch side advertising boards • Logo – sleeve of shirt • Business Club Membership • Match day programme advert; full page • Individual player sponsorship – links with a player in the 1st XI • Website banner • Signed 1st XI team photo
SHC business club
SHC Business Club has been created because links with and support of the local community is vital for the success of the Club. The Business Club will form a platform for local business to communicate, do business, get involved in Club activities and network within the local business community and Surbiton Hockey Club.
Benefits Gold £500 per year • Invitations to SHC Business Club events and meetings • Link to Business Club page on SHC website • Advertising in Club newsletter and bulletins • Inclusion on the Club sponsors’ board • Match day programme advert; ¼ page • Signed 1st XI photo • Pitchside advertising boards (at cost) • Men’s 1st XI shorts ‘Logo Raffle’ – to be drawn pre-season Silver £250 per year • Invitations to SHC Business Club events and meetings • Match day programme listing • Advertising in Club newsletter and bulletins • Inclusion on a Club sponsors’ board
individual sponsored items
Surbiton Hockey Club is always looking to develop and improve its facilities. If you are interested in sponsoring particular developments please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always keen to hear ideas and can arrange appropriate benefits!
Ideas • New dugouts • Bank end – development of grass bank into standing areas • Car park improvements • Pitch fencing • Programme sponsors
If you would like to discuss this sponsorship proposal in more details please email us at email@example.com
Surbiton Hockey Club
Sugden Road Long Ditton Surbiton KT7 0AE 020 8398 2401
surbitonhc.com Design | Richard Curtis | www.thesetupdesign.com Photography | Romilly Lockyer | www.romilly.com
Published on Oct 20, 2009