Analyzing parts of a completed PAR Project
DO NOT WRITE YOUR ANSWERS HERE ALL WRITING IN NOTEBOOK!
START UP - TOP ½ PAGE 192
Read paragraphs 1 & 2. What is this student’s PAR Question?
ACTIVITY – PAGE 193
1. Read paragraph three. Why did this student decide to focus his study on elementary schools?
2. In paragraph four, what two sources did he say he used to gather data for his research project?
3. Look over PAR Section VI, Data Analysis and Findings. In paragraph one, what part of his PAR project does it sound like he might be referring to (i.e. lit review, fieldnotes, survey, etc.)?
4. Continue to read…which school did this student focus their research on? Does paragraph three contain qualitative or quantitative data? And finally…do you think the data in paragraph three comes from fieldnotes, a survey, literature review, or an interview? Why?
5. In paragraph four, what does this student infer (or propose/think) based on the data?
6. What type of research did this student do to collect the type of data he writes about in paragraph five and six?
7. Notice how this student relates what he observed about uniforms at the elementary school to what happened at his school. What does he infer based on what he saw at that school and what he himself experienced personally?
8. Finally, what data did this student hope to collect with his survey?
9. Look through the survey questions and the results this student decided to share as pie charts. Which pie chart is the most helpful in quickly relaying information to us. Which pie chart, if any, isn’t really necessary to share? Why?
REFLECTION – Bottom ½ 192 –
In your groups each of you have taken on different roles (lit review, interview, survey, fieldnotes, document analysis). So what will you need to start to do next week in order to synthesize, integrate and blend together all your information and draw conclusions? (4 lines)