FIONA SPEIRS 4 Nottingham Nottinghamshire NG5 8SB
Training Programme Design If you would like a programme designed to meet your training needs, this can be arranged. The following is an example of a programme recently designed and delivered to staff at a specialist residential college for young people aged 16 to 19+ with Asperger Syndrome. The session, delivered twice (am & pm) to a total of 91 staff, is 3 hours in duration with a short break included and is entitled, ‘Asperger Syndrome, Sexuality and Sex & Relationships Education’. Main Themes:
1. Sexuality & Asperger Syndrome: What do we know from research?
Perceptions of inappropriate ‘sexual behaviours’: How might these differ for people with Asperger Syndrome?
3. Sexual offending and vulnerability of people with Asperger Syndrome.
Focus or arousal, routines & rituals.
5. The need to give informed sexual information: How can we help?
Parental & Professional concerns.
7. Working within approved legislation and agreed policies.
Delivering SRE information: Content, Methods & Resources
9. Putting it all together: Case Study – ‘James’.
10. Questions/ Comments.