FEI,QI 2844 South Wells St Chicago, IL 60616 312-532-7766 firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking internship in strategic design planning and product design that build upon my industrial design background.
Hewlett-Packard-Design Consultancy-Internship Shanghai, 06/2009-08/2009
EDUCATION 01/2009-12/2010 Institute of Design
Illinois Institute of Technology Master of Design (MDes) Design Research/Design Planning
- Set up a design process for research team. - Led the data analysis phase for "China Printing"
project by analyzing Chinese families and their photo printing habits. - Provided design synthesis by introducing Institute of Design's methods, such as Concept Matrices. Ran a workshop to guide team understanding "How - to turn research into valuable insights". Responsible for planning & development of new - product-"Lifeshow". IBM Research Center-User Interface Intern at Team of CDL-web2.0/DB2e, Beijing, 09/2007-12/2007
- Responsible for PDA interface design for antomobile insurance program.
2003-2007 Tsinghua University
- Conducted the new software evaluation.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in Industrial Design Product Design
PROJECT SKILLS SUMMARY Design Planning, Strategic Design Research, Design Analysis, Design Synthesis, Ergonomics, Market Analysis, User Research, Trend Analysis, Product Design, Interaction Design
language Mandarin (first language), English (fluent)
Adobe Suite(Photoshop,Indesign Illustrator), Coreldraw, Solidworks, Rhino, Microsoft Office
Interested In Strategic Design Planning , Interaction Design , Marketing
Boeing & Teague [Design Planning Workshop in IIT] Chicago, 01/2009-05/2009
- Made a large scale design plan for entertainment system on planes.
- Conducted secondary and primary research, fly-onthe-wall observations, interviews, surveys and journal maps to gain deep insights on user experiences. - Analyzed research data with tools like Insight Matrix. - Developed a set of design principles to help guide future product development. Boeing & Teague [Product Design Workshop in IIT] Chicago, 01/2009-05/2009
- Designed a new conceptual medical emergency station for use on 777 planes.
MEDIA GROUP,LTD-Induction Cooker Project [Tsinghua U] Beijing, 07/2007-12/2007 - Let primary research and developed new concept design. Transportation Project [Tsinghua U] Beijing, 01/2006-06/2006 - Collected background data and information from primary, secondary research and marketing research. - Developed a new system for travelers in Beijing.
- Volunteer for RecruitID - Attendee of KUMO CHIUâ€™s (Former Motorola Design
Head of China) workshop, Tsinghua University; got the first prize in the presentation competition.