The Ultimate Wedding Plan Posted by Nicole - Guest Blogger on 17th, November 2012 Anyone who is planning a wedding wants to find the "ultimate wedding plan." There are so many things to think about when planning your wedding. Sometimes you just want someone to step in and help you figure out what is important. Or where to start. Or how to go about all of this planning business. So, to help you out, I have created The Ultimate Wedding Plan. This will help you plan your wedding, at least to help you get started. This may not help you find the perfect spouse, or the perfect honeymoon destination. This is meant to serve as a guide to help you with planning your wedding and reception.
1. Set your budget. When planning your wedding, you should start by setting your budget. You need to know exactly what you have to work with when planning your wedding. This will help you to know how basic or extravagant you will be able to go, and what type of cuts or compromises you may have to make. So start by figuring out what type of a budget you will be working with.
2. Do your research. Next up, do some research. Read bridal magazines. Check out bridal websites and blogs. Go to bridal shows. Think about things that you've enjoyed (and not liked as much) at other friends' and family members' weddings and receptions. Talk to friends of yours that have gotten married and ask them what they enjoyed most and what they would have done differently. From your research, decide what types of things you want to do for your wedding. Where do you want to have it? What type of event do you want it to be? What colors do you want? Etc etc. Wedding Tips | Wedding Planning Tips
Destination Weddings In Caribbean
3. Find your perfect dress. Before moving forward, you will want to find your perfect dress. First off, this is the most exciting part of planning a wedding, so let's get to it! On top of that, your dress will give you a good idea of how you want to move forward. As you picture yourself in your dress, you will be able to picture how you want to wear your hair, the type of bridesmaid dresses you will want, and the type of look and feel of your entire wedding. It will help you to know if you are planning a cool, casual, laid back wedding, or a wedding that is high class and formal.
4. Find the perfect venue. From there, you will want to decide where you want to have your wedding. Do you want a very formal feeling wedding held in a classy reception center? Or have you always wanted a comfortable backyard wedding? You may have pictured your wedding in a more unique location like an art gallery. Either way, decide what type of venue you want to hold your wedding/reception in, and then go out and find the perfect fit.
All Inclusive Destination Weddings
5. Decorate. Once you have the perfect venue, you will want to start thinking about decorations. Your decorations will really put that perfect touch on your wedding. It is what will really drive the theme and feel home that you wanted for your wedding. So, find decorations that will match your personality and your desired theme for your wedding. Make sure that you use nice tablecloths and linens. No decorating theme can be ruined quicker than by using paper tablecloths. If you want to save money on your linens, buy them used instead of brand new. Wedding Tips | Wedding Planning Ideas
Best Places For Destination Weddings
6. Plan your dream menu. On to the food! This is another really fun aspect of planning your wedding. When it comes to food, don't plan food that you feel you're "supposed" to have. If your family is advising you to have a sit down menu, and an elaborate cake, understand that you don't have to listen. These are your choices to make, and that includes what type of food you will have. Think of the types of food you enjoy. And have those foods served at your wedding. And know that it's ok if you'd rather have cupcakes or cookies than a big wedding cake. Or a buffet of desserts instead of a full dinner. Or an appetizer fest or taco bar or cotton candy and corn dogs instead of prime rib. This is your wedding, do what you want to do. Conclusion So there you have it, The Ultimate Wedding Planning Guide. Just remember that this doesn't need to be a stressful thing. Your wedding is supposed to be one of the best days of your life. And it will be difficult for it to feel that way if your planning is filled with stress and confusion. So remember to have fun with this! This is meant to be a fun, enjoyable part of your life. So have fun with it, don't get too caught up in the details, and remember to enjoy yourself!
Published on Jan 3, 2013