LDR 531 Final Exam Guide (UOP Course) Click Here to Buy the Tutorial http://www.tutorialoutlet.com/ldr-531/ldr-531-final-guide-uop/ For more course tutorials visit www.tutorialoutlet.com
1) Which of the following is best defined as a consciously coordinated social unit, composed of two or more people, which functions on a relatively continuous basis to achieve a common goal or set of goals? A. Party B. Unit C. Community D. Organization 2) Over the past 2 decades, business schools have added required courses on organizational design to many of their curricula. Why have they done this? A. Managers no longer need technical skills in subjects such as economics and accounting to succeed. B. Managers need to understand human behavior if they are to be effective. C. These skills enable managers to effectively lead human resources departments. D. A manager with good interpersonal skills can help create a pleasant workplace. 3) Robert Katz identified three essential skills that managers must have to reach their goals. What are these skills? A. Technical, decisional, and interpersonal B. Technical, human, and conceptual C. Interpersonal, informational, and decisional D. Human, informational, and communication 4) __________ is a field of study that investigates the effect that individuals, groups, and structures have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organizationâ€™s effectiveness. A. Corporate tactics B. Human resources management C. Organizational behavior D. Corporate strategy
5) What do the fundamental consistencies underlying the behavior of all individuals enable researchers to do? A. Observe human behavior. B. Research human behavior. C. Predict human behavior. D. Detect human behavior. 6) Which of the following is a generic term that covers a broad range of feelings that people experience? A. Affect B. Emotions C. Moods D. Emotional labor 7) What term is used for intense feelings that are directed at someone or something? A. Affect B. Cognition C. Thoughts D. Emotions 8) If personality characteristics were completely dictated by __________, they would be fixed at birth and no amount of experience could alter them. A. job satisfaction B. heredity C. environment D. situational factors 9) Which of the following are classifications on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator? A. Extroverted, intuitive, judging, independent B. Extroverted, sensing, judging, thinking C. Extroverted, judging, independent, feeling D. Sensing, perceiving, dependent, feeling 10) Maria is dissatisfied with the way that her manager treats her. She has quit her job and found a new position with another firm. How has she expressed her dissatisfaction? A. Exit B. Voice C. Neglect D. Loyalty
11) You quietly continue to do your work when you know things will not improve. This is what type of response to dissatisfaction? A. Exit B. Voice C. Loyalty D. Neglect 12) A group A. generates positive synergy through coordinated effort B. generates greater outputs with no increase in inputs C. is two or more individuals interacting and interdependent D. engages in collective work that requires joint effort 13) __________ results in a level of performance that is greater than the sum of the individual input. A. Synergy B. Enthusiasm C. Energy D. Initiative 14) What happens in the second stage of Tuckman's five stage model of group development? A. B. C. D.
Close relationships are developed. The group demonstrates cohesiveness. Intragroup conflict often occurs. Groups disband.
15) Zach is devout and very active in his church. He is also a very dedicated employee. His manager offers him a promotion, but the new role will require him to work Sundays. Zach would like the promotion, but realizes that it would force him to miss some church activities. It is likely that Zach is experiencing which of the following: A. Role conflict B. Role expectation C. Role perception D. Role identity 16) Which role focuses on bringing about order and consistency by drawing up formal plans? A. Leadership B. Management C. Task structure
D. Initiating structure 17) Which statement regarding leadership is true? A. Formal rights enable managers to lead effectively. B. All managers are leaders. C. All leaders are hierarchically superior to followers. D. Nonsanctioned leadership is as important as or more important than formal influence. 18) What are three situational criteria identified in the Fiedler model? A. Charisma, influence, and leader-member relations B. Leader-member relations, task structure, and position power C. Task structure, leadership ability, and group conflict D. Emotional intelligence, group orientation, and employee status 19) The reconceptualization of the contingency model by Garcia and Fiedler is called __________ theory. A. situational B. cognitive resource C. evaluative D. cognitive dissonance 20) Which path-goal leadership style leads to greater satisfaction when tasks are ambiguous or stressful? A. Directive B. Supportive C. Participative D. Reactive 21) According the Path-Goal Theory, what leader is friendly and shows concern for the needs of followers? A. Achievement-oriented leader B. Laissez-faire leader C. Participative leader D. Supportive leader 22) Phrases such as “more cultural diversity,” “many new entrants with inadequate skills,” and “increase in aging workers” are all examples of what force for change? A. Technology B. World politics C. Nature of the work force D. Competition
23) What is a goal of planned change? A. To change the forces of change B. To alter the agents of change C. To change employeesâ€™ responsibilities D. To improve the ability to adapt to the environment 24) Using covert influence to overcome resistance to change is called what? A. negotiation B. education C. coercion D. manipulation 25) If individuals resisting change are included in making change decisions in an attempt to gain their support, what is this approach is called? A. cooptation B. exploitation C. manipulation D. education 26) Which of the following is a characteristic of organizational control? A. Formality orientation B. Decision orientation C. Team orientation D. Managerial orientation 27) What term describes the key characteristic of organizational control that addresses the degree to which employees are expected to exhibit precision? A. accountability B. attention to detail C. stability D. reactivity 28) Power is A. a means for leaders to achieve goals B. defined by leaders' hopes and aspirations C. a goal in and of itself D. not an influence on leaders' goals 29) Leaders achieve goals, and power is A. defined by leadersâ€™ hopes and aspirations
B. a means of achieving goals C. a goal in and of itself D. a strong influence on leadersâ€™ goal 30) The most important aspect of power is probably that it _____. A. is needed to get things done in an organization B. is a function of dependency C. tends to corrupt people D. is counterproductive
Published on Apr 12, 2014
LDR 531 Final Exam Guide (UOP Course) LDR 531 Entire Course (UOP Course) LDR 531 Week 1 Assignment Examining a Business Failure Paper (UOP C...