Choose a tea
Popular teas include: • green tea • black tea • white tea • herbal tea • oolong tea
175° 208° 195° 195° 175°
Heat the water
There are a few different ways that you can heat water to make your tea. These include using a microwave, boiling water or using an electric kettle. Keep in mind that different types of teas need to be steeped at different temperatures.
Choose a method
Step Four Steeping your tea Different types of teas require different lengths of steeping time
Steeping using a teapot 1. First, add the loose-leaf tea to the infuser (located inside the teapot) or add your tea
bags to the pot, taking care to leave the strings outside. You will need to add different amounts depending on the size of the teapot. For smaller teapots you will generally use 2 to 3 teaspoons, 4 to 6 for larger pots (or if you want stronger tea), or 1 to 3 tea bags.
2. Next, you will need to add the water. After replacing the infuser in the pot, pour the heated water over the leaves or tea bags.
3. Allow your tea to steep for the suggested length of time for the type of tea it is.
4. After your tea has finished steeping, you can either serve the tea immediately or allow the tea to cool. If you choose to let your tea cool in the pot you may want to remove the infuser with the tea leaves or the tea bags so that your tea does not over-steep, as over-steeping will make the tea taste bitter.
Steeping using a tea infuser 1. Fill your tea infuser, this will generally take 2 to 3 teaspoons of loose-leaf tea, and make sure to close it securely.
2. Place your infuser in the cup, taking care to leave the chain or handle outside.
3. Pour the heated water over your infuser. Allow
the tea to steep for the suggested length of time.
4. When you tea is finished steeping, remove the infuser so that your tea does not over-steep.
Flavoring your tea
There are several ways to flavor and/or sweeten your tea:
Add as much or as little of your chosen flavor or sweetener as you would like, or don’t add anything and enjoy a pure cup of tea.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy your delicious cup of tea.