Blackboard General Tutorial
Installing Blackboard Mobile Learn Blackboard Mobile Learn is a mobile application that enables interactive access to Blackboard courses and course content on any compatible mobile device. The application is currently compatible with iPhone/iPod Touch, iPad, BlackBerry* and Android* devices.
iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch NOTE: The Blackboard Mobile Learn app for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch requires an active connection to a wi-fi network. 1. From the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch device, launch the App Store. If the App Store is not available, upgrade the device to the latest operating system available through Apple (OS 2.0 or later is required). 2. Tap the Search button at the bottom.
Only Android and Blackberry devices on the Sprint network are compatible.
Blackboard Mobile Learn - Page |1
3. Tap the Search bar at the top, enter Blackboard Mobile, and tap the blue Search button in the bottom right. 4. When the search results appear, tap Blackboard Mobileâ€Ś. Ensure that the selected application is by Blackboard Inc and that it is free.
NOTE: Search results may not exactly resemble the screenshot above. 5. Tap the Free button and then tap Install. 6. If prompted, enter a valid iTunes username and password and tap OK. 7. Once the app installs, launch it by taping the Mobile Learn icon from the home screen.
8. When the app launches, search for Central Michigan University in the search box. Then, tap Central Michigan University when it appears in the search results area. Blackboard Mobile Learn - Page |2
9. When the login screen appears, enter a valid CMU global ID and password into the appropriate fields and tap the Login button.
BlackBerry Devices NOTE: Due to licensing limitations, only BlackBerry devices on the Sprint Network are compatible with the Mobile Learn app. Also, the app requires that the device be connected to 3G/4G or a wi-fi network. 1. Launch the BlackBerrry web browser. 2. Navigate to the following web address: http://www.blackboard.com/resources/mobile/mobile_learn_splash/desktop/index.html#blackberry 3. Select the appropriate OS version by clicking on the version number in the Download Now area.
4. When prompted, select Download.
5. The application will now begin the download and installation process. 6. When prompted, select Reboot to finish the install. Blackboard Mobile Learn - Page |3
7. Once the device has rebooted, launch the Mobile Learn app by selecting it from the home screen.
8. When the app launches, activate the search box and enter Central Michigan University. 9. When the results appear, select CMU from the list. 10. When the login screen appears, enter a valid CMU global ID and password into the appropriate fields and click the Login button.
Android Devices NOTE: Due to licensing limitations, only Android devices on the Sprint Network are compatible with the Mobile Learn app. 1. Launch the Market app by tapping the icon on the home screen.
2. Tap the Search button in the upper-right hand corner of the Market.
Blackboard Mobile Learn - Page |4
3. In the search box, enter Blackboard Mobile. 4. When the results appear, tap Blackboard Mobileâ„˘Learn.
5. Tap the Install button at the bottom. 6. Tap OK to continue. 7. Launch the Blackboard Mobile app by tapping the icon on the home screen.
8. When the app first loads, tap the Seach For Your School field and enter Central Michigan University. 9. When the results appear, tap Central Michigan University.
Blackboard Mobile Learn - Page |5
10. When the login screen appears, enter a valid CMU global ID and password into the appropriate fields and tap the Login button.
Frequently Asked Questions Q1. I downloaded the Blackboard Learn app for iPhone/iPod Touch a while back. Is this the same thing as Blackboard Mobile Learn? A1. No. The Mobile Learn app has replaced the Blackboard Learn app as Blackboard’s mobile solution. The original Blackboard Learn app will continue to work for existing users until December, 31, 2010, however it is recommended that all existing users of the Blackboard Learn iPhone/iPod Touch app install and use the Blackboard Mobile Learn app instead. Q2. When I open the Mobile Learn app, it says “Data Connection Unavailable.” How come? A2. This usually indicates that the device is not connected to a compatible network or is not running on a compatible device. Compatible networks and devices are as follows: iPhone Wi-Fi Compatible
3G Not Compatible
Android/BlackBerry (Sprint Network) Wi-Fi 3G/4G Compatible
Android/BlackBerry (All other carriers) Wi-Fi 3G/4G Not Not Compatible Compatible
Blackboard Mobile Learn - Page |6