POSITION DESCRIPTIONS Form PDES 3ef (Rev. 7/07)
DO NOT USE THIS SPACE
City of Los Angeles 1. Name of Employee:
2. Employee's Present Class Title/Code:
Commission Executive Assistant II - 9734
4. Reason for Preparing Description:
3. Present Salary or Wage Rate:
Routine Report of Duties
Change in Existing Position
Review for Proper Allocation
5. Location of office or place of work:
200 N. Spring St., 20th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Name of Department Division
7. Name and title of the person from whom you ordinarily receive instructions and who supervises or reviews your work: Name
Assistant General Manager
8. Describe in detail the duties and work of this position, describing each duty in a separate paragraph. Begin with the duties that normally take most of your time and then describe the duties that are infrequent. Be certain to tell what is done, how it is done and what materials or equipment are used. Using percentages, show the distribution of the total working time. Also, if the duties and responsibilities of the position have changed, indicate how and when the changes occurred. PERCENT OF TIME
Supervises or performs all administrative and clerical functions of the Board of Neighborhood Commissioners; prepares or supervises the preparation of the agenda and minutes of all meetings of the Commission; notifies Commission members of meeting dates; assembles staff reports and other documents needed for reference purposes by Commission members; supplies Commission members, administrative officers of the City and other interested persons with the Commission's agenda; attends Commission meetings and takes notes of the proceedings and transactions of the Commission; may recommend action on routine matters and advise Commission members on questions of form and precedent; arranges Commission appearances;
Prepares or supervises the preparation and filing of records of Commission actions and correspondence; checks Commission minutes against notes taken at meetings to insure accuracy and completeness; maintains indexes and files of Commission actions, correspondence and official documents; researches background information and prepares special reports and correspondence as requested by the Commission; prepares, certifies and distributes resolutions, orders and minutes of Commission meetings; arranges for publication and other legal notices of bids, contracts and other Commission actions; composes and signs routine correspondence for the Commission; schedules appointments for Commission members; explains Commission policies and actions to office callers or over the phone; may coordinate and schedule hearings and review hearing reports; may take and transcribe dictation from Commission members;
may occasionally be assigned to other duties for training purposes or to meet technological changes or emergencies.
9. How long have the duties been substantially as described above?
10. List any machinery or equipment operated and any unusual or hazardous working conditions.
Personal desktop/laptop computer, copier, printer and fax.
11. Percent of time spent supervising (training and evaluating employees, assigning and reviewing work).
12. Indicate the number of employees supervised by class titles.
13. I certify that the above statements are my own and to the best of my knowledge are accurate and complete. Signature
Department of Neighborhood Empowerment 2017-18 Fiscal Year Budget Proposal