Server Essentials 10.5
1. Review the image, and then answer the question below. You have managed the Dock preferences to define where on the computer screen the Dock will appear for these four accounts: Lab (a computer group), Science1 (a computer in the Lab computer group), Teachers (a workgroup), and John (a member of the Teachers workgroup). When John logs in on the Science1 computer, where on the computer screen does the Dock appear?
A. bottom of the screen B. left side of the screen C. right side of the screen D. John will be prompted to choose whether his user preferences or the Teachers workgroup preferences should be used. The Dock will appear at the location of his choice. Answer: C
2. You are setting up a Mac OS X Server v10.5 computer to store the home folders for 10 users. The computer has 510 GB of free space on the volume where the home folders reside. Which of these procedures will ensure that each user has an equal amount of storage space, yet leave at least 10 GB free? A. In AFP service in Server Admin, select Limit disk usage to, and set the value to 50 GB. B. In AFP service in Server Admin, select Limit disk usage to, and set the value to 500 GB. C. In Workgroup Manager, in the Home pane for each user account, set the Disk Quota to 50 GB. D. In Workgroup Manager, in the Quota pane for a group containing all of the users, set the Limit to 50 GB.
3. You have enabled AFP service on your Mac OS X Server v10.5 computer. You configured the authentication method as Any. The server will attempt to authenticate file service users using which authentication methods, and in what order? A. (1) Kerberos; (2) SSH B. (1) Standard; (2) Kerberos C. (1) Kerberos; (2) Standard D. (1) SSH; (2) Standard; (3) Kerberos E. (1) Standard; (2) Kerberos; (3) SSH Answer: C
4. Which utility should you use on a Mac OS X v10.5 computer to create resources, such as rooms and projectors, in an LDAP directory so that those resources can be scheduled by iCal service users? A. Directory B. Address Book C. Directory Utility D. Directory Access Answer: A
5. Which of these is a zone that is configurable from Server Admin? A. Cache B. Master C. Pointer D. Forward Answer: B
6. Which utility can you use to display the status of ticket-granting tickets on a Mac OS X v10.5 computer? A. Kerberos B. Server Admin
C. KerberosAgent D. Keychain Access E. Directory Utility F. Certificate Assistant Answer: A 7. Your company has a set of site-licensed fonts in a folder named Fonts, on the share point, Resources, on your Mac OS X Server v10.5 computer. You are configuring the Resources share point so that these fonts will be automatically accessible by all your Mac OS X users. After you have enabled the Automount option for the Resources share point, how should you configure the share point in the automount configuration sheet? A. Choose User home folders. B. Choose Shared Library folder. C. Choose Shared Applications folder. D. Choose Custom mount path and enter ~/Library/Fonts for the path. Answer: B
8. What is the maximum number of replicas of one Open Directory master that can be used in a Mac OS X Server v10.5 Open Directory infrastructure? A. 31 B. 64 C. 256 D. 1024 E. 1056 Answer: E
9. A MacBook computer running Mac OS X v10.5 was formerly managed, but its managed preferences have been disabled on the server. Still, the user is unable to change some preferences on the MacBook. Which statement presents a valid method for restoring the users access to these preferences? A. Delete the /Library/Managed Preferences/ folder. B. Delete the MCX attributes from the user records in the NetInfo database.
C. Deselect the Managed Accounts option in the Services pane of Directory Utility. D. Deselect the Managed Accounts option in the Accounts pane of System Preferences. Answer: A
10. Which protocol does the iChat service in Mac OS X Server v10.5 use to send messages? A. IRC (Internet Relay Chat) B. SMP (Symmetric Messaging Protocol) C. AIMP (AOL Instant Messaging Protocol) D. XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol) Answer: D
11. Review the image, and then answer the question below. You have specified the applications that will be displayed in the Dock for the Lab computer group, the Science1 computer, which is a member of the Lab computer group, the Teachers workgroup, and for a member of the Teachers workgroup, John, as shown in the image. When John logs in on the Science1 computer for the first time, which of the applications below will NOT be displayed in the Dock?
A. iMovie B. Keynote
C. TextEdit D. QuickTime Player Answer: D
12. What is a blacklist server? A. A server that provides a list of known open relay servers B. A server that blocks outgoing email to specified domains C. A server that sends mail to a large recipient group simultaneously D. A server that allows anyone to send email through it without authenticating E. A server that provides a list of email addresses that are known sources of spam Answer: A
13. You have enabled the NetBoot service on a Mac OS X Server v10.5 computer, and configured it to store images on the boot volume. Where on the server should you store a NetBoot image so that it can be deployed by the NetBoot service? A. /etc/NetBoot/NetBootSP0/ B. /etc/NetBoot/NetBootClients0/ C. /Library/NetBoot/NetBootSP0/ D. /Library/NetBoot/NetBootClients0/ E. /System/Library/NetBoot/NetBootSP0/ F. /System/Library/NetBoot/NetBootClients0/ Answer: C
14. What kind of DNS record is created when you add an alias in Server Admin? A. A B. MX C. PTR D. CNAME Answer: D
15. Which service does Xgrid perform on a Mac OS X Server v10.5 computer? A. It offers an end-to-end solution for capturing, encoding, and distributing digital media. B. It allows a job to run across multiple computers, thereby offering a high-performance computing environment to users. C. It monitors and manages the status of one or more Xserve computers, including their disk capacity, bandwidth usage, and active user accounts. D. It allows two or more Mac OS X Server v10.5 computers to be linked together, so that if one server fails, another server can assume its functionality. Answer: B
16. NetBoot filters in Mac OS X Server v10.5 can be configured to allow specified client computers to access NetBoot, based on each client computers ________. A. URL B. host name C. IP address D. Ethernet hardware address Answer: D
17. Which TWO logs does the Mac OS X Server v10.5 web service keep by default?(Choose TWO.) A. hits B. error C. access D. request E. throughput Answer: BC
18. What is the order of account precedence (from high precedence to low precedence) for managed preferences that follow the override rule in Mac OS X Server v10.5? A. Computer, Computer Groups, Groups, User B. User, Groups, Computer, Computer Groups
C. Computer Groups, Computer, User, Groups D. User, Computer, Computer Groups, Groups Answer: D
19. You have set up multiple mail servers to receive email for your company. Where in the DNS server do you specify the hostname of the mail server whose availability should be checked first when mail is being routed to an employee? A. In the A record with the priority number that is lowest. B. In the A record with the priority number that is highest. C. In the MX record with the priority number that is lowest. D. In the MX record with the priority number that is highest. E. In the PTR record with the priority number that is lowest. F. In the PTR record with the priority number that is highest. Answer: C
20. Which TWO tasks can you perform using Server Admin in Mac OS X Server v10.5? (Choose TWO.) A. Manage share points. B. Create user accounts. C. Create NetBoot images. D. Monitor the servers power usage. E. Reset the password for a user account. F. Configure services provided by the server. G. Assign IP addresses to the servers network interfaces. Answer: AF
Version: Demo Title : ServerEssentials10.5