BEAUTY & Cosmetic
By Amanda Brown
Benefits of Massage Therapy to Get You through the Holidays
you’re hosting family for the holidays or you’re traveling, the most
wonderful time of year is also a stressful one.
essential to find time for a
little self-care, though, even during the season of giving.
therapy is a
great way to pamper yourself—before and after that chaotic family dinner. are
5 ways massage therapy can help this time of year.
4. Eliminate Headaches & Jaw Pain When you’re stressed and your muscles are tense, you’re more likely to suffer from headaches and jaw pain. These tension headaches can range from a minor annoyance to a major disruptor to your day. Just as a massage can release tension in the shoulders, neck and back, it can do the same for your jaw, all of which can prevent future headaches.
5. Ward Off Illness & Disease
1. Relieve Stress Constant stress can take a toll on your mind and body. You need to take time for yourself to clear your mind, relax, and recharge. Massage therapy is a great way to do that. As a massage therapist works to relax your muscles, you can relax your mind. After just an hour on the massage table, you’ll feel refreshed and ready to take on the world.
2. Ease Muscle Tightness & Tension You may not realize how emotional stress affects you physically. Many people tense and tighten the muscles
in their shoulders and neck when they’re stressed without even noticing. If you’re stressed all the time, so are those muscles. Relaxing those muscles—and your mind—with a massage can release that tension.
3. Alleviate Aches & Pain Whether you sprained your ankle or suffered a sports injury, massage therapy can aid in the healing process. Because it stretches and loosens the muscles, it can reduce inflammation and help with recovery. If you’re in pain, massages also release endorphins, a pain-blocking hormone.
A CTIVE LIF E MAG A ZIN E |D E CE M B E R 2 0 1 7
It all comes back to stress. When you’re stressed, your body is more vulnerable to illnesses like the common cold or flu. You’re also at risk for more serious conditions like high blood pressure. De-stressing with massage therapy can help you stay healthy through the holidays and beyond, so you don’t miss out on a single joy-filled moment. If the holidays already have you feeling stressed or you’ve got some lingering pain, take some time for yourself and schedule a massage at MassageLuXe in Carmel, IN. They have a team of experienced massage therapists ready to help you relax and recharge. To schedule an appointment, call (317) 203-3303. The spa is located at 11529 Spring Mill Road, #200, and their hours are: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
AC TI V E L I FE M AGAZI NE . C O M
Active Life Magazine 2017