Test Subject: English Level A2 Life Plans and Daily Life Themes: 1. A. True or False Questions 2. B. Yes/No Questions 3. C. Verb usage: simple present and present progressive 4. D. Daily Life 5. E. Simple present and Present Progressive
True or False Questions. A. Are the following statements true or false? Read the text first.
On Sunday, Tom gets up at 10:00 am Then he reads the newspaper in the kitchen. He has breakfast at 11.30 and then he telephones his mother in Scotland. In the afternoon, at 1 oâ€™clock, Tom plays tennis with his sister and after that, they eat dinner in a restaurant. At 6.00, Tom swims for one hour and then he goes by bike to his brother's house. They talk and listen to music. Tom watches television in the evening and drinks a glass of milk. He goes to bed at 11.30
1. Tom gets up at 10am on Sundays. True
2. Tom reads the newspaper in the lounge. True
3. His father lives in Scotland. True
4. Tom plays tennis with his sister. True
5. Tom and his sister eat before playing tennis.
6. Tom goes swimming at five o'clock. True
7. Tom drives to his brother's house. True
8. Tom and his brother listen to music. True
9. Tom drinks a glass of milk in the evening. True
10. Tom goes to bed at 11.30pm. True
B. Complete each conversation by circling the correct word and complete the yes and no questions and using the correct phrasal verbs.
1. Josie would love to go to Disneyland, (would/ wouldn’t) she? ○ No, ________. 2. We went to the park on Friday (didn’t we/ wouldn’t we)? ○ No, ________. 3. It’s awful not having a break time during school hours (isn’t it/ aren’t you)? ○ Yes, _______. 4. Having eight classes in one semester is hard, (isn’t it/ aren’t it)? ○ Yes, ______. 5. Derek would have love to stay in New York, (Wouldn’t/haven’t) he? ○ Yes, _____.
Verb usage: simple present and present progressive C. Correct the verbs in the following sentences, changing the present progressive to the simple present. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
He’s usually walking 3 hours every day. Every Saturday I’m going to my English class at 9 am. Hayley is wanting to go to San Diego. The cruise is never leaving before 5:00. I’m liking ice cream.
D. Complete the text with the words in the box. Use each word only once
Help Save The Monarch Butterflies! Did you know that millions of monarch butterflies dies each year because of human activity? Did you know that the milkweed plant, which is essential to the butterflies’ survival, is being destroyed at an alarming rate? Interesting fact about monarch butterflies Monarch butterflies fly south from North America before the winter begins. During the winter months, the butterflies___________1 in Mexico, where the climate is mild. In February and March, the butterflies start to__________2 in order to reproduce. The butterflies__________ 3 their eggs on milkweed plants. When the larvae__________ 4 the caterpillars____________5 on this same plant. In addition to providing food, the milkweed plant also gives the monarch butterflies poisonous chemicals that help them develop a defense against___________6, such as frogs, birds, mice, and lizards
E. Circle the correct answer. 1. Simple present tense is used for…
a) Actions that are happening at the moment. b) Activities you do everyday. 2. An example of simple present tense would be… a)Sally is eating an apple. b)Bob drinks coffee every morning. 3. Present progressive is used for… a) Actions that occurred an hour ago. b) Actions that are occurring at the moment. 4. An example of present progressive tense would be… a)My dog was running very fast last night. b)The girl has been playing for two hours now.
Skills: Reading and Writing Integrantes: Edgar Aguilar Adriana Leal Espinoza Zuriam Esparza
English Test for Educative Evaluation