The Drumheller Mail
In 1911 The Munson Mail was started by Grover Cleveland Duncan in Munson, AB. In April 1918 the printing plant was moved into Drumheller & amalgamated with the printing job plant of E.C. Payne. In September of 1952 three Drumheller businessmen (John Anderson, Sam Robb, & Osborne Sheddy Sr.) purchased the newspaper from The Clarke Brothers. John was the accountant, Sam was the Pressman, & Ossie was the young Salesman & Manager of the operations. Little by little, Ossie reinvested his share of the profits into purchasing more ownership in the company until he owned all shares in 1972.
In the past 100 years there have been over 15 newspapers startup in the area but the Drumheller Mail has always maintained the largest proven circulation in the area. Today, the business is still owned by the Sheddy family & employs over 20 people. The Drumheller Mail has been dedicated to providing outstanding news coverage for the last Century & will continue to operate under this mandate