SUNDAY • 04.07.2019 • SECTION G
LAURIE SKRIVAN • email@example.com
Brooks Koepka kisses the massive, 27-pound Wanamaker Trophy after winning the 100th PGA Championship on Aug. 12, 2018, at Bellerive Country Club in Town and Country. Koepka also won the U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills last year to repeat as champion of that event.
Major moments Last year, Koepka’s win at Bellerive with Tiger in the hunt was magical, and this year’s biggest events in golf could be grand FROM STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS
t. Louis got its latest taste of golf’s biggest events last year when the PGA Championship dazzled at Bellerive Country Club. § Starting with Cardinals and baseball Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith and the Clydesdales delivering the Wanamaker Trophy to the event, to Brooks Koepka’s dramatic Sunday victory after holding off a charging Tiger Woods, the event was one of our town’s best ever. § The repeated roars from the huge throngs following Woods and Koepka in the ﬁnal round were memorable for anyone there or watching on television. § This week’s Masters kicks off 2019 major mania, and the sport could have some Grand Slam moments this time around. § There are three top stars looking to join Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Ben Hogan and Gene Sarazen as the only players to win all four majors (Bobby Jones did when it was the U.S. and British opens and amateurs). § Rory McIlroy is ﬁrst up with his bid at Augusta National, followed by Jordan Spieth in the PGA at Bethpage Black in New York (May 16-19), and Phil Mickelson at the U.S. Open (June 13-16) at famed Pebble Beach. This year’s British Open is July 18-21 at Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland. Note that the PGA will be played in May after moving from its traditional August spot. § There will be plenty of drama to come, like these big shots and moments from last year’s majors (and although we may be biased, the best of 2018 was clearly here): See MAJORS • Page G4
New name, great golf even better The Oaks, Hidden Lakes changing to Margaritaville properties. PAGE G5
COLTER PETERSON • firstname.lastname@example.org
Gavin Dillow, 10, reaches out for a few extra golf balls on March 22 at the Topgolf facility in Chesterﬁeld. Dillow was attending a hockey party with teammates. Birthday parties are a common activity at the venue.
Excited about the future
Topgolf facility blends technology, entertainment for young and old.
Gateway PGA Reach Foundation continues helping area youth and veterans.
Something for everyone
Got your tee times yet? Visit STLtoday.com/golf for an interactive Missouri and Illinois course map including lake courses. PAGE G8-16 GOLF GUIDE
G2 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE Topgolf facility is blend of technology and entertainment
Darrell Satterfield takes a turn on the driving range while his girlfriend Marshai Pearson enjoys a bite to eat on March 22 at Topgolf.
From left, Kaedenb Tobin, 10, Garin Rahm, 10, and Bryce Hacar, 10, react as a score appears on a TV screen at Topgolf.
BY WARREN MAYES Special to the Post-Dispatch
here’s the driving range and then there’s Topgolf. Topgolf in Chesterfield offers an experience to remember for anyone from age 2 to 92 at its gleaming facility in West County. It opened last Aug. 3 during the 100th PGA Championship. “It’s been going great. We had an awesome start here during PGA week,” Rebecca Potorny, the facility’s marketing manager, said. “We had waits every single day that week.” Golf is the main reason for coming. But there’s more. There’s tacos and tequila. If you like shopping, the retail area offers shirts, hats, glassware, clubs for kids and more. Clubs for adults are not sold at the facility. You can be a novice in golf. You could be someone who wants to work and improve your skills. There are two golf professionals there that offer lessons from 30 minutes to 60 minutes for both individuals and groups. If you’re new to the game or want to polish your skills, there’s a lesson available. “There’s lots of fun stuff to do here,” said Potorny, who moved here from the Naperville, Ill., Topgolf location. “We’ve made socializing a sport through a blend of technology and entertainment. “We’re for everybody here. You just want to have fun.” Topgolf offers the latest in technology to make the experience enjoyable. A total of about 400 associates, including fulltime and part-time, are on hand to assist the guests. Guests are required to have a membership, which allows them to play. Information such as high scores are linked to this membership. Membership is a one-time $5 cost that includes free club rentals on every visit. From 9 a.m. until noon, the cost of a bay is $25 for an hour. From noon to 5 p.m., it is $35. From 5 p.m. to close, the price is $45 Sunday through Thursday. It’s $47 on Friday and Saturday. A heroes discount of 10 percent off Topgolf game play is honored for military (active duty and veterans), police, ﬁre and EMS personnel with valid I.D. Topgolf is still in its winter hours. Closing time is 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 1 a.m. Friday and Saturday. In the summer, Sunday through Thursday’s closing time moves to midnight and 1:30 a.m. for Friday and Saturday. The facility opens at 9 a.m. The opportunity to reserve a bay is available online so you can play when you want, with whomever you want. Reservations can be made online up to seven days in advance and at least an hour before arrival at Topgolf. If you are not a planner, walk-in guests are welcome, always, Potorny said. There are three levels that feature 34
PHOTOS BY COLTER PETERSON • email@example.com
Nick Howard, hitting a ball from one of the bays with a friend, says the facility is great because it is heated and you can get a head start on golfing early in the year.
bays to belt balls at targets. The lower level is on the ground, like you would have at any driving range. The middle level offers a different view and the top level lets you get above it all. Up to eight people can be in a bay at any session. The price for each bay is by the hour, not by the person. “Six can play, eight can stay,” Potorny said.“That’s our motto.” The golf clubs are complimentary to use during game play. There are clubs for men and women for both lefthanders and righthanders. Men’s and women’s clubs are already in each bay. Upon request, clubs for kids and toddlers will be provided for your convenience. If you’d like, you can bring your own
clubs. There are designated areas within the bays to store them. Potorny said a person’s clubs can be stored in the club room if there is a wait for a bay so the customer can enjoy other things to do without lugging the clubs around. Once you arrive at your bay, you sign in on the video screen or game panel. Games pop up and you can choose which one you want to play. That will show your score and record it with your name for the future. Think of it like bowling, Potorny said. “At Topgolf, you play in a bay rather than a lane,” Potorny said, “and from that bay you hit micro-chipped golf balls into giant targets in our outﬁeld to score points.”
The Topgolf games can be played by all ages and skill levels. The micro-chipped golf balls score themselves, providing players with instant feedback on each shot’s accuracy and distance. Players aim for 11 giant dartboard-like targets on a 215-yard outfield. The further the shot goes and the closer to the pin, the more points the player receives. There are nine different games you can choose from to play. Each offers something different. One is called Top 9. In this speedy game of accuracy and fun, each golfer gets three shots each at the red, yellow, and green targets. The closer to the center of each target, the more points a golfer earns. The last shot at each target will earn double points. “There’s no pressure to have a good golf swing or score a lot of points,” Potorny said. “It’s all about everyone having fun.” For your comfort, the bays are climate controlled. During the winter months, Potorny said whatever the temperate was outside, the bay would be up to 30 degrees warmer. For your enjoyment, on the second level, you can play foosball. On the lower level, there’s two pool tables along with a shuffleboard to play if you like. The rooftop terrace has an outdoor patio with a ﬁre pit where you can lounge and enjoy a beverage or drink. There is a stage at one end so when warm weather comes, bands and DJ’s can provide entertainment. There is a full-service restaurant on the second level and the terrace also has a bar, where you can get food, too. Topgolf debuted a new menu this month with several new delicacies including bacon jam and cheddar sliders, Potorny said. There are spaces available to be rented for events. They can range from birthday parties to bachelor and bachelorette parties to weddings and corporate teambuilding events. The Signature Room, which covers 3,000 square feet, can hold up to 250 guests. There are various configuration options including a banquet round, classroom style, U-shaped, theater style or one for cocktails and a reception. Registrations can be made online for the summer academy camp for children that begins June 3. It’s designed for youth aged 6 to 12. It’s a weeklong, half-day golf clinic taught by the golf pros. Parents can pick a week they like. The last week is July 29. “They get lunch every day and a great learning experience,” Potorny said. Add it all up, and Topgolf has something for everyone. “This is all about having a fun experience,” Potorny said. “You don’t have to be a great golfer to come here and enjoy everything. To me, it’s like bowling. Everybody goes bowling but not everybody is a bowler. We are everyone’s game.”
hearing aids: Proven to deliver better than iver bet han normal hearing and reduced listening effort. ef
INTERNATIONAL GOLF COURSE
Affordable 9 Hole Golf Course Senior Rates & Lessons Available Easy Access from Highway 70 Phone Number: 314-423-6400 Address: 4100 Ashby Rd , St. Ann Mo
Introducing Signia’s most advanced technology – primax. Signia is the new name for Siemens hearing instruments. Only Signia’s latest hearing aid technology makes hearing effortless all day long and in every situation. Clinically proven better than normal hearing with less effort.*
At a busy restaurant
Outdoors in wind
Listening to your favorite music
In churches & auditoriums
At the train station
At the concert
Call Dr. Nancy Richman to schedule your personal demonstration of this ground breaking technology today! “Hear the Difference a Doctor of Audiology Can Make”
314-647-EARS (3277) 6651 Chippewa, Ste. Ste. 315 217 6651 Chippewa, Louis, MO MO 63109 63109 St. Louis,
Nancy M. Richman, Au.D., CCC-A Doctor of Audiology
*Study conducted at the University of Northern Colorado, 2015, examined the effectiveness of the new features of primax by collecting and analyzing ongoing EEG data while subjects performed speech testing. For both primax features SpeechMaster and EchoShield, the objective brain behavior measures revealed a significant reduction in listening effort when the feature was activated. Hearing instruments help people hear better, but cannot solve every hearing problem or restore normal hearing. Copyright © 2016 Signia GmbH. All rights reserved. Sivantos, Inc. is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG. 6/16 D-7407A
For more information, please visit www.southcityhearing.com
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G3
12161 Manchester Rd. Des Peres, MO 63131 (314)931-4000 You can also visit us at any of our other area locations: 9800 Manchester Rd., Ste A 901 Highway K Rock Hill, MO 63119 O’Fallon, MO 63366 (314)963-2006 (636)542-9092 690 N. Service Rd. West Wright City, MO 63390 (636)745-2888
917 S. Outer Rd. Warrenton, MO 63383 (636)456-2311
We are here to service all of your banking needs!
G4 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
Key shots in last year’s biggest golf events
Patrick Reed reacts after making a par putt on the 18th green to win the Masters last year.
MAJORS • FROM G1
THE MASTERS For as much magic as the Masters delivers, there wasn’t anything overly dramatic about Patrick Reed’s 71 for a oneshot victory. He made two birdies on the back nine, and the one that stands out was his 20-foot birdie putt on the par-3 12th that allowed him to seize control. “It was a soft 9-iron,” he said. “When I made that putt is when I thought I could play par coming in and I can win the tournament.” The shot that stands out to him was in the ﬁrst round Thursday, a cut drive through the chute of trees to the fairway on No. 18. Never mind that he put his approach into the bunker and had to scramble to save par for a 69, leaving him three shots behind. “That hole always has given me a hard time hitting the fairway,” he said. “To hit the cut and get it in play, now I know that’s a shot I could hit all week.” And he did on Sunday, leading to his two-putt par and one-shot win. (AP) U.S. OPEN Koepka still smiles at the memory of the 9-irons he hit in the ﬁnal round of his second straight U.S. Open victory. Yes, that’s plural. They were on consecutive holes on the back nine at Shinnecock Hills. The one that led to birdie was memo-
FRANK FRANKLIN II
Tommy Fleetwood lines up a putt during the final round of the U.S. Open last year on the way to finishing second.
rable. The one that led to par was “by far the best shot.” It’s like that at every major championship. There are signature shots that everyone remembers, the one that gets shown during brief recaps. And there is always one shot that is memorable to the player that might not get its due because it doesn’t seem all that signiﬁcant at the time. Koepka was 1 over par with no room for error in the final round because Tommy Fleetwood had posted his 63 and was in at 2-over 282. Koepka, the defending champ, already had made a pair of 8-foot par saves and really had one birdie chance left. It was the par-5 16th, and no bargain with a back pin. The distance suggested pitching wedge. Koepka had other ideas. Koepka decided to ﬂight a 9-iron low, and it checked up about 3 feet past the hole for a birdie and a two-shot lead. “It was nice to have that extra cushion,” he said. He felt he needed it based on the pin position at the par-3 17th, which he described as a landing area 12 feet wide and 12 feet deep. He thought about an 8-iron until he factored in the adrenaline. “I don’t think people realize how hard it was to hold that green,” he said. And that’s coming in with a 9-iron. He wound up pitching it 6 feet over the bunker and kept it on. “I should have hit 8, but I was a little juiced.”
Francesco Molinari of Italy kisses the trophy after winning the British Open in Carnoustie, Scotland.
When he donates a club to the USGA, it probably will be a 9-iron. “The 16th was more memorable for everybody else,” he said. “But 17 was by far the best shot.” (AP)
BRITISH OPEN No one was steadier than Francesco Molinari on a wild final day at Carnoustie in the British Open. He didn’t make a bogey over the last 37 holes. And while there was nothing overly spectacular, his brilliance was in being in the right position. The shot that clinched Italy’s first major was a lob wedge over the Barry Burn to 5 feet for a birdie and a two-shot victory. “I thought par would give me a chance. If I could get it close and hole the putt, it would be more likely,” he said. “Actually, the lie wasn’t great. It was sitting down a little bit. I was trying to make good contact and a bit of luck that it released the way it needed to.” But it was the par on the 17th that he thought won him the tournament. “A 2-iron straight into the wind is a lot harder than a lob wedge,” Molinari said. Making it even harder was the memory of a double bogey on the 17th hole in the second round from a similar spot, a shot that narrowly missed the green and plugged in the bunker. He had about 217 yards for his second shot in the ﬁnal
round. “It came out just beautiful,” he said. “Those last two holes, every shot is very important.” (AP)
PGA CHAMPIONSHIP Not only was Koepka’s tee shot on the par-4 16th at Bellerive the best shot at the PGA Championship, it arguably was the signature shot of all the majors last year. He hit a 4-iron from 248 yards — “a laser of a shot,” he called it — to about 7 feet below the hole for a birdie and the cushion he needed to win his second major of the year. “Probably one of the best shots I’ve ever hit under pressure,” Koepka said. The back nine produced another shot he considered important. It was in Saturday’s third round, right about the time Koepka was starting to lose ground on a course that produced the lowest scoring ever in a major. He was coming off a bogey on the 14th hole in the third round when Koepka’s drive wound up under a tree and he took a one-shot penalty to move it away. From there, he went well left of the green, with a pin on the left side. He got up and down and made bogey. “That could have been a disaster,” Koepka said. “It was a momentum thing. I don’t want to leak oil coming in. I hit such an awful wedge. And to get it up and down, I was even impressed myself.” (AP)
Enjoy Golf in the Heart of St. Louis County
GREAT COURSE! GREAT LOCATION! GREAT VALUE!
A Public Nine-Hole Golf Course
• 18-hole Championship Course • Best Public Driving Range in St. Louis, featuring 40,000 sq. ft. of Zoyzia Grass Tees • 2.500 sq. ft. Pavilion for Outdoor Parties and Events
Where Family Comes First!
To schedule a tee time or group outing, please call the Pro Shop.
Like ik us on Facebook
• Private and Group Lessons with Award-winning PGA Professionals Visit our website to find daily specials:
314.514.0154 #1 Crystal Springs Quarry Drive Maryland Heights, MO 63043 DIRECTIONS: Hwy 270 to Dorsett, west on Marine Ave. into Creve Coeur Lake Park or Hwy. 141 to Marine then into Creve Coeur Park, course across from Lake.
11400 Olde Cabin Rd. Creve Coeur, MO 63141
(314) 432-1806 For more information, visit www.crevecoeurgolf.com
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
NEW NAME, GREAT GOLF
Golf Channel is adding more college events ASSOCIATED PRESS
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G5
Change to Margaritaville includes upgrades at Oaks, Hidden Lakes
LOS ANGELES • Golf Channel is interested in live
programming from Monday to Wednesday, and the answer might be found in college tournaments. It is adding another prestigious event this year, and more could be on the way. “We’re trying to grow appropriately,” Tom Knapp, executive vice president of programming and partnerships, said this spring at Pebble Beach when Golf Channel announced plans to televise the Western Intercollegiate. “Somewhere in the 10-to-12 range feels right as a long-term goal.” Golf Channel already has the East Lake Cup in the fall, along with the NCAA men’s and women’s championships in May, which has made for great television with eight ﬁnalists competing in team match play. The Western Intercollegiate is next. The 54-hole stroke play event is entering its 73rd year and is held at storied Pasatiempo, an Alister MacKenzie design in Santa Cruz, Calif. It will be televised live from April 15-17, the Monday through Wednesday after the Masters. Getting on TV live will add to the prestige of what already is one of the premier college events in the spring. The trick is ﬁguring out what else would ﬁt. It helps to have courses with heritage, such as East Lake and Pasatiempo, and there needs to be a balance between fall and spring. Golf Channel already has elevated interest in college golf through the NCAAs, and more live events could be a plus. “We learned a lot when we started doing this,” Knapp said. “Thirty percent of sports fans are golf fans, and 60 percent of sports fans are college fans. To be able to combine those is huge for us.” Knapp said he hoped to have a full college slate of events over the next four years, conceding that not every tournament (or course) works for TV. Even so, it can be hard for the average fan to keep track of a college season, such as who is playing where. “We’re trying to help with that to a degree that we can come up with a televised series that makes sense,” he said.
TIGER’S ASSISTANTS What would a Presidents Cup be without Fred Couples involved? Go back to 2007 to ﬁnd the last time Couples was not part of the matches. U.S. captain Tiger Woods appointed Couples, 59, to be an assistant at Royal Melbourne in December. Couples remains one of the most popular ﬁgures in golf with players and fans. He was Presidents Cup captain in 2009, 2011 and 2013, and an assistant the last two times. Woods also selected star Steve Stricker and Zach Johnson, and he plans to announce one more before the Presidents Cup on Dec. 12-15. Stricker was Presidents Cup captain in 2017 and is expected to be appointed Ryder Cup captain for next year.
MARGARITAVILLE LAKE RESORT PHOTO
The renovated clubhouse at The Oaks course at what will be Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake of the Ozarks starting on May 1.
BY TODD HEJNA Special to the Post-dispatch
an-Tar-A Resort wants to know if you would like your next visit with salt or no salt. On May 1, Tan-Tar-A Resort will officially become Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake of the Ozarks. And while the name will change, the resort still features 27 holes of great golf, 18 holes at The Oaks at Margaritaville and nine at Hidden Lakes at Margaritaville. The Oaks at Margaritaville is traditionally known as a very tight and challenging layout that places a premium on accurate tee shots to narrow zoysia fairways that are tree-lined throughout the 6,432 yards of the par-71 course. Hidden Lakes at Margaritaville is a par-35 course that measures at 3,015 yards. It also has zoysia fairways and large, bentgrass greens. “Other than some tree removal, the layout of the golf courses will remain the same,”said head professional Pat Leahy, who enters his 30th year as director of golf at the facility. Some changes have been made inside the pro shop and clubhouse, with new hardwood ﬂoors, carpeting
and six new TVs. “We’ll have music playing and have a theme towards making it fun and festive for everyone,” Leahy added. As Tan-Tar-A, the 494-room lakefront property opened in 1960 as the ﬁrst major resort on the Lake of the Ozarks. In July 2017, the resort was sold to Driftwood Acquisitions and Development, a Miami-based management company, and announced that this new retreat would be the ﬁrst of its kind as part of the Margaritaville Resort chain. The chain of resorts is named after a Jimmy Buffet song. “Margaritaville’s relaxing, laidback vibe fits in perfectly here at Lake of the Ozarks and complements the unique charm of Osage Beach,” said Fred Dehner, the resort’s general manager. Among changes at the property that are now open are JB’S Boathouse Grill in place of the Black Bear Lodge Restaurant, plus Fin City Pizzeria, Windrose Marker 26 Lakeside Dining and The Tiki Hut Pool Bar. A new waterfront restaurant called Landshark Bar and Grill will be opening soon as well. The indoor waterpark, horseback
3174 S. Brentwood Blvd St. Louis, MO 63119 314-647-8054
BRING THIS COUPON IN FOR
10% OFF ON YOUR NEXT PURCHASE IN OUR BRENTWOOD RETAIL STORE Excludes PING & Titleist Products. Valid Thru 5-31-19
riding, golf courses and bowling alley are still at the resort, and have been rebranded to ﬁt with the new themes. “I’m excited for the transformation and all the new things to come,” Leahy said. “I’m also excited for the community at the lake.” For more information, visit www. Tan-Tar-A.com and follow Tan-TarA Resort at Facebook.com/TanTarAResort, Twitter @TanTarAResort and Instagram @TanTarAResort.
BRANSON NEWS Opening in April this year is the Ozarks National, Missouri’s ﬁrst and only course designed by the architect duo of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw. Measuring 7,036 yards from the back tees, the 18-hole layout has beautiful Ozark views. The course also includes interesting features, such as a 400-foot wooden beam and plank bridge, which connects the tee box and fairway of the 13th hole, which stands 60 feet above a ﬂowing creek. And once again the PGA Tour Champions’ Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf returns this year, set for April 22-28 at Big Cedar Lodge. Find out more on the new course and events this year at golfbigcedar. com.
G6 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
GOLF’S GREATEST WRITER Dan Jenkins ‘defined the sport,’ admiring editor says BY DOUG FERGUSON Associated Press
an Jenkins only wanted to be a sports writer, even if that meant turning down the best player he ever saw. Jenkins told the story in 2012 when he was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame. He was only the third writer enshrined, and the first “to be taken in as a vertical human.” He never took any occasion too seriously, and readers laughed because so much of it was true. Years ago, Jenkins was playing with his hero, Ben Hogan, at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas, when Hogan offered to train him three days a week for four months. Hogan ﬁgured that would be enough for Jenkins to qualify for the U.S. Amateur. “And I said, ‘Ben, I’m ﬂattered and I appreciate that, and I’m embarrassed to have to turn down an offer of free golf lessons from the greatest player in the world, but I just want to be a sports writer. That’s all I’ve ever wanted to be,’” Jenkins said that night. Jenkins recalled the cold stare, the long pause and eventually a smile from Hogan who told him, “Well, keep working at it.” Jenkins did that, too, right up until he died March 7 at age 90. He saw his ﬁrst major in the 1941 U.S. Open when he was 11. He covered the ﬁrst of 231 major championships in the 1951 Masters when he was still at TCU, working for the Fort Worth Press under the late, great Blackie Sherrod. He wrote 23 books, including best-sellers like “Semi-Tough” and “Dead Solid Perfect.” He started on a standard typewriter. He ﬁnished on Twitter. Along the way, he reshaped American sports writing with words formulated by acerbic observations. He wrote what others only thought. “He deﬁned not just a generation of golf writers, but he deﬁned the sport,” Jerry Tarde, the editor-in-chief at Golf Digest, said. “He taught us how to write golf, talk golf, smoke golf, drink golf. He just created the modern language of golf. He made it fun.” Jenkins worked for the Fort Worth Press and Dallas Times-Herald, and he rose to stardom at Sports Illustrated with his two passions, golf and college football. He lived for a short time in Ponte Ve-
WILL DICKEY • The Florida Times-Union via AP
Sports writer Dan Jenkins speaks after receiving the lifetime achievement award during the World Golf Hall of Fame inductions on May 7, 2012 in St. Augustine, Fla.
in on a writer he said could make him laugh “even when he wasn’t trying.” “Golf lost a great friend in Dan Jenkins,” Nicklaus said. “Like more great friends — those who know just how to make you smile, laugh and entertain you — Dan was able to do that through his writing. ... One thing you always knew is that Dan could be trusted. He never sacriﬁced accuracy for a good laugh.” There were plenty of laughs, at least for the readers. Ernie Els says that Jenkins “was not that nice to me,” without mentioning what was written. No matter. The Big Easy has big perspective. He says he read Jenkins often and referred to him as
dra Beach, Fla., where he got his first taste of Florida football. This was before Steve Spurrier became head coach, before the mighty Gators had won so much as an SEC title. “They have the attitude of Alabama and the accomplishments of Wake Forest,” Jenkins said. In golf, no one was safe, especially if they didn’t have the pedigree of Hogan or Byron Nelson, Arnold Palmer or Jack Nicklaus. Jenkins never got the chance to know Tiger Woods the same way. The idea of a dinner, on or off the record, was met by “We have nothing to gain” from Woods’ agent. Jack Nicklaus was out of the country when Jenkins died and still weighed
an “absolute legend.” “In your world, he must have been a Jack Nicklaus,” Els said to a group of reporters at Bay Hill. “What a sense of humor. What a gift to write. It feels like the last couple of years, he was on us a little. His favorite generation was the Hogan, Nicklaus, Palmer era. I can’t hold that against him. I’m also a fan of that generation. But what a guy. What a big loss for journalism. Our generation, we just missed him.” If not for Tarde, another generation might have missed him, too. Jenkins was ushered out at Sports Illustrated in 1984 when Tarde hired him late in the year, with some skepticism. Jenkins was 54. Some thought his best days were behind him. More than 30 years later, Jenkins was still going strong. Tarde said Jenkins’ wife, June, felt as though the magazine “threw us a life preserver.” “In fact, he threw us one,” Tarde said. “He was a magnet for talent. I don’t know if I was smart enough to know it at the time, but I very quickly learned that when Dan Jenkins was on your team, a lot of people wanted to be on that team. Dave Marr, Alister Cooke, Tom Brokaw, a lot of the greats of our lifetime — not just in golf or sports — wanted to hang with him. And we all got smarter.” He began writing for Golf Digest in 1985, and in his second year with the magazine, watched Nicklaus charge to a 65 to win the Masters for a sixth time at age 46. Jenkins later recalled several writers freezing over a story that big. Tarde recalls a smile on Jenkins’ face as he began writing what he thought, with seemingly little effort. His opening line: “If you want to put golf back on the front pages again and you don’t have a Bobby Jones or a Francis Ouimet handy, here’s what you do: You send an aging Jack Nicklaus out in the last round of the Masters and let him kill more foreigners than a general named Eisenhower.” Jenkins was feted at the 2009 PGA Championship at Hazeltine for publishing, “Jenkins at the Majors: Sixty Years of the World’s Best Sports Writing, from Hogan to Tiger.” He had another decade ahead of him. His ﬁrst major was Hogan beating Skee Riegel. His last major was Patrick Reed beating Rickie Fowler. It’s a record unlikely to be touched. “I never wanted to do anything else,” Jenkins said at the 2009 PGA. “So I wasn’t going anywhere.”
HURRY, OFFER ENDS APRIL 15TH!
HURRY, OFFER ENDS APRIL 1ST!
FINANCING AND DEFERRED PAYMENTS FOR WELL-QUALIFIED BUYERS. NOT ALL BUYERS WILL QUALIFY. NO TRADE IN OF CURRENT VEHICLE REQUIRED. CURRENT VEHICLE MUST BE REGISTERED TO CONSUMER FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO PURCHASE TO BE ELIGIBLE. RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS APPLY. TAKE RETAIL DELIVERY BY 4/1/19. JEEP IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FCA US LLC.
FINANCING AND DEFERRED MONTHLY PAYMENTS FOR WELL-QUALIFIED BUYERS THROUGH CHRYSLER CAPITAL. NOT ALL BUYERS WILL QUALIFY. RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS APPLY. TAKE RETAIL DELIVERY BY 4/1/19. JEEP IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FCA US LLC.
HURRY, OFFER ENDS APRIL 1ST! ST
HURRY, OFFER ENDS APRIL 1 !
ON OLDEST 20% INVENTORY OF 2019 MY RAM 1500 MODELS AS OF 3/1/19 WHILE DEALER STOCK LASTS. AVERAGE DEALER DISCOUNT IS BASED ON A REGIONAL SALES SURVEY OF AVERAGE VARIANCE BETWEEN MSRP AND NEGOTIATED VEHICLE PRICE OFFERED BY SELECT REGIONAL RAM DEALERS BEFORE ADVERTISED INCENTIVES ARE APPLIED. DISCOUNT MAY VARY BASED ON OPTION PACKAGE AND FEATURES, FINANCING TERMS, AVAILABILITY AND OTHER FACTORS. DEALER DETERMINES VEHICLE PRICE. NO TRADE IN OF CURRENT PICKUP REQUIRED. CURRENT PICKUP MUST BE REGISTERED TO CONSUMER FOR 30 DAYS PRIOR TO PURCHASE TO BE ELIGIBLE. RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS APPLY. MUST TAKE RETAIL DELIVERY BY 4/1/19. RAM IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FCA US LLC.
FINANCING FOR WELL QUALIFIED BUYERS THROUGH CHRYSLER CAPITAL. NOT ALL BUYERS WILL QUALIFY. RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS APPLY. TAKE RETAIL DELIVERY BY 4/1/19. CHRYSLER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FCA US LLC.
NEW 2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT 4X4 SPORT UTILITY
NEW 2018 JEEP RENEGADE LATITUDE 4X2 SPORT UTILITY
NEW 2018 JEEP RENEGADE LATITUDE 4X2 SPORT UTILITY
MSRP $35,280 SAVINGS $5,547
MSRP $28,400 * SAVINGS $7,306
MSRP $28,595 * SAVINGS $7,322
NEW 2018 DODGE CHARGER SXT RWD
MSRP $31,704 * SAVINGS $4,771
YOUR AUTOMOTIVE SUPERSTORE 2 Miles North of I-270 on Hwy. 159
*Vehicles based on inventory. Price includes rebates and discounts. Everyone qualifies for Cassens price, customers may qualify for additional rebates. See dealer for details. Tax, title license & doc fees extra. Expires 3/31/19
cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com
cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com
cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com
cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com cassenscan.com
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G7
EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE Gateway PGA Reach Foundation helping youth, veterans BY WARREN MAYES Special to the Post-dispatch
he Gateway PGA Reach Foundation helps youth and veterans in ways that go beyond just playing golf. Ali Wells, the executive director of the Gateway chapter of PGA Reach, believes the local organization just has scratched the surface of how much it can impact the St. Louis region. “We feel like we’re just getting started,” Wells said. “We’ve had success already and impacted many kids and veterans. We’ve proven we can continue to grow and impact more kids and veterans with more awareness to what we can. “We’re excited what the future can hold for us.” The Foundation is the charitable arm of the Gateway Section of the PGA. There are junior league golf programs set up throughout the city. By inspiring and directing the resources of our golfing community, Wells believes PGA Reach will positively impact at-risk individuals, with a particular emphasis on youth. The assistance from PGA Reach will help the youngsters experience success both inside and outside the classroom, resulting in higher school attendance, increased academic success and graduation rates. For our region’s veterans, PGA Reach provides opportunities to assist in their rehabilitation and reintegration. PGA Reach consists of three pillars of focus — youth, military veterans and diversity and inclusion. The Foundation began in 2009. Programming, Wells said,has“really ramped up”in the last seven to eight years. “Some of our programming really grew when the PGA of America announced they were bringing the PGA Championship here back in 2011,” Wells said. “We used that to grow our footprint in the St. Louis area.”
J.B. FORBES • firstname.lastname@example.org
Ozzie Smith, president of the Gateway PGA Reach Foundation, greets fans and signs autographs last year at Bellerive Country Club during the PGA Championship.
St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith agreed to become the president of the PGA Reach Foundation. “We’re very, very lucky to have Ozzie,” Wells said. “He’s an incredible leader. He’s been our president since its inception and he’s done a wonderful job.” After he retired, Smith took up golf to have an athletic activity he could use to scratch his competition itch. Smith never got exposed to golf growing up inner city Los Angeles. Once he began playing after he retired, he said he was “hooked” on the sport. Always wanting to help the community, Smith saw this as an avenue where he could make a difference. “It’s just about exposure,” Smith said recently. “A lot of kids are not exposed to things. This just may be their ticket. That’s really the point. Getting them involved. This gives them a choice. It’s not just baseball or basketball. There’s longevity, too, with golf.”
Join our Birthday Club for a FREE round Loyalty Rewards Program earns you 10% back on every round
2575 Redman Rd St. Louis, MO 63136 314.355.7277 www.eaglesprings.com
North County’s Complete Golf Facility 18 Hole Par 72 9 Hole Par-3 course Driving Range - Private Lessons Footgolf Banquet Facility Online Reservation Discounts No booking fees on our website
Friday Happy Hour Special After 2:00 pm 9 Holes Riding, Hot Dog, and 3 Drinks
The Foundation partners with local organizations that already make a positive impact toward this idle time and contributes additional programming, volunteers and resources to further our collective impact. The chance to keep children in school through educational programming, mentoring, and healthy activities that leads to lowered absenteeism, improvement in grades and decreased behavioral issues. “Golf is fun and it’s a business as well. Along with it comes patience,” Smith said. “Golf teaches you about life. We use golf as a hook. It’s time consuming, too. Kids have so much idle time and that’s when you can get in trouble. This is really about educating kids and keeping them in school, along with being better citizens.” Children from the age of 5 to college are beneﬁting from the different programs that are offered. Helping military veterans is key aspect in the mission. The main program is called PGA HOPE. HOPE stands for Helping Our Patriots Everywhere. The Foundation provides opportunities to assist veterans in their rehabilitation and reintegration. “We like this and it’s one of our fastest growing programs across the country,” Wells said. “We have introduced golf programs designed for veterans with disabilities from physical disabilities like loss of a limb to mental and social disabilities like traumatic brain injury.” “We just use the therapeutic part of golf to help veterans to ﬁnd their way back into society. We like providing fun and safe places for them to connect with other veterans through golf.” In the program, PGA Reach works closely with the Veterans Administration and local VA hospitals. More than 250 veterans have been served through the program, Wells said. The third part of the mission is diversity and inclusion. An internship with the Gateway PGA Section is ﬁlled every 12 months with a person of diverse background to experience a career in golf. “We’re making the steps to transition the face of golf to the face of America,” Wells said. Fernando Molina worked this past year including during the 100th PGA Championship. He now has a full-time job with the PGA section in Kentucky. The Foundation is working with the Boys & Girls Club of Greater St. Louis to buy an old EPA site that housed the Carter Carburetor plant. The lot is immediately next to the Boys & Girls Club location on North Grand Avenue. The site has been vacant since 1984. “We’re looking to make that a green space for kids,” Wells said. “We’re hoping to announce a capital campaign for that late this year to transform that space. We think the community has responded to our effort.We live in an awesome city.” A big fundraiser for the foundation is The Ozzie and Friends Gala and Pro-Am. It is set for Sept. 22-23. A gala will be held on the ﬁrst day at the Ritz-Carlton. The golf event will be held the following day at Meadowbrook Country Club. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the event. “It’s a lot of fun. Ozzie brings his friends like famous athletes like Bo Jackson, Hank Aaron, Eddy Murray, and Cal Ripken to it,” Wells said. “He’s also had Dr. J (Julius Erving) here. Ozzie always has some tricks up his sleeve. “This will be a special year as it’s the 10th year. We’ll be pulling out all the stops this year for it.”
G8 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
COURSE LISTINGS Visit STLtoday.com/golf for an interactive course map including lake courses Sun Valley
Timber Lakes Rolling Hills Woodlands Cloverleaf Rock 100 Springs Spencer T. Olin
Fox Creek r
Country Lake Innsbrook Resort Warrenton
Links at Dardenne Pheasant Run
ST. CHARLES CO.
The Quarry at Crystal Springs
40 340 94
Legacy 162 Arlington
Indian Mounds Governors Run
Far Oaks 50
St. Louis Prairies of Cahokia 55
Tapawingo Aberdeen Pevely Farms Riverside Paradise Crescent Farms Valley
Elmwood 15 163
Columbia Bridges River Lakes
Deer Creek USA
ST. CLAIR CO.
Sugar Creek v M e r a m ec Ri
Ruth Park Norman K. Probstein The Highlands
ST. LOUIS CO. Landings at Spirit
Florissant Golf Club 367 Emerald Eagle Greens Springs 270
Roland Barkau Memorial
Joachim Oak Valley Fourche Terre Crown Lead Ste. Valley du Lac Pointe Belt Perryville Genevieve
Meramec Lakes Mountain Top
Raintree Acorns Chester
MISSOURI • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Aberdeen Arnold Golf Club Ballwin Bear Creek Bear Creek Valley Berry Hill Birch Creek Branson Hills Buffalo Ridge Country Lake Cove at The Lodge of Four Seasons Crescent Farms Creve Coeur Crown Pointe Cuba Lakes
ILLINOIS • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Deer Chase Eagle Springs Eagles Bluff Eldon Golf Club Family Golf Florissant Golf Club Fore Honor at Deer Creek USA Fourche Valley Holiday Hills Incline Village Indian Rock Innsbrook Resort Joachim Lake Valley Landings At Spirit
• • • •
Lead Belt Links at Dardenne Meramec Lakes Missouri Bluffs Golf Club • Mountain Top • Norman K. Probstein - Forest Park • Normandie • Oak Valley Golf Course and Resort • Old Kinderhook • Osage National • Paradise Valley • Perryville • Pevely Farms
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Pheasant Run Pointe Royal Village Quail Creek Raintree Ridge at The Lodge of Four Seasons Riverside Rolling Hills - Missouri Ruth Park St. Ann St. Peters Ste. Genevieve Sugar Creek Sullivan Golf Course Sun Valley Tan-Tar-A Hidden Lakes
• • • • • • • • • • •
Tan-Tar-A Oaks Tapawingo Terre du Lac The Falls The Highlands Forest Park The Quarry at Crystal Springs Thousand Hills Top of the Rock Warrenton Wentzville Wolf Hollow
• Acorns • American Legion • Annbriar • Arlington • Belk Park • Bent Oak • Carlyle Lake • Chester • Cloverleaf • Columbia • Columbia Bridges • Elmwood • Far Oaks • Fox Creek
• Gateway National • Governors Run • Hickory Ridge • Indian Mounds • Indian Springs • Legacy • Lockhaven Golf Club • Mystic Oak • North County • Oak Brook • Orchards • Prairies of Cahokia • Rend Lake
! S Y A D O M E D F ! S L I U O O G HE LARGEST IN ST L JOIN US FOR. . .
4 BIG DAYS at 2 LOCATIONS! April 27and 28
May 18 and 19
@Old Hickory CC
@The First Tee Range
1 Dye Club Drive O’Fallon, MO
6286 Lemay Ferry Rd. St. Louis, MO 63129
• River Lakes • Rock Spring • Roland Barkau Memorial • Rolling Hills Illinois • Spencer T. Olin • Stonewolf • Tamarack • Timber Lakes • Triple Lakes • Twin Oaks • Wolves Crossing • Woodlands • Yorktown
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G9
MISSOURI COURSES 1. ABERDEEN Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage up to 7,100 Green fees • $45 plus tax on weekdays, 18 holes. $58 plus tax on weekends with cart. Discounts • Seniors: $34 Monday-Friday. Twilight discounts after 3 p.m. during the summer. Discounts available for booking online. In-house loyalty card applies to all customers. Directions • I-44 west to Lewis Road, Exit 266, right on Lewis Road for 2½ miles to railroad crossing, left at the tracks on Crescent/Allen Road, 1½ miles on left Leagues • Men’s leagues vary, women’s leagues on Tuesday. Phone • 636-938-5465
2. ARNOLD GOLF CLUB Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 5,545 Green fees • $25 for 18 holes with cart Monday-Friday, $32 on weekends, $19 for 9 holes with cart Monday-Friday, $22 on weekends for 9 holes with cart, $16 for 9 holes walking Monday-Friday, $22 for 18 holes walking, $19/$29 on weekends. Passes are good through Dec. 31: Bronze pass: $699 includes play anytime Monday through Friday, Family, $999. Silver pass: $999 anytime Monday through Friday, includes
leagues and Walters Golf Management reciprocal rate. Family $1,399. Gold pass: Seven days of play any time, $1,399, $1,799 for family. Discounts • Seniors (56 and over): $22 for 18 holes with cart Monday-Friday, Directions • I-270 to I-55 south for six miles to Richardson Road and turn left, go one mile to Jeffco Blvd. and turn left, go threequarter-mile and make right turn on Industrial. Leagues • Men (Monday and Wednesday), senior (50 and over) two-person scramble (Tuesday morning), women (Thursday morning) Phone • 636-296-4653
3. BALLWIN Course • 9 holes, par 36, yardage 3,155 Green fees • $16 for 9 holes for non-residents, $25 for 18. Cart • $7 for 9 holes, $12 for 18 holes. Pull carts $2, rental clubs $5 Discounts • Residents: $13 for 9 holes; $19 for 18 holes; non-resident seniors and juniors: $15 for 9 holes or $24 for 18 holes weekday only. Seniors residents: weekday $11 for 9 holes, $17 for 18 holes; weekend: 9 holes $14 for 18 holes $21 for residents, 9 holes $12 and 18 holes $19 for seniors/juniors. Directions • Highway 40
to 141/Woods Mill, south to Clayton Road and turn south on Baxter Road, turn left (south) and go half-mile to South Holloway Road, Baxter will veer left, you stay straight on Holloway Leagues • Men’s club monthly tournament; women’s leagues Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings; junior league in summer months Tuesday afternoon. Selected Mondays, 9-hole junior scrambles. Phone • 636-227-1750
4. BEAR CREEK Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 7,010 Green fees • $32.99 (6-8 a.m.), $36.99 (9 a.m.-1 p.m.), $29.99 (1-3 pm.) $24.99 (After 3 p.m.), MondayFriday; $37.99 (7-9 a.m.), $42.99 (9 a.m.-1 p.m.), $34.99 (1-3 p.m.), $29.99 (After 3 p.m.), weekends and holidays. Prices include carts. Cart • Walking rates available after 1 p.m. Discounts • Seniors (60 and over): $27.99 (6-8 a.m.), $32.99 (8-11 a.m.), $29.99 (11-2 p.m.), $27.99 (2-5 p.m.), $24.99 (5-8 p.m.) MondayFriday. Prices include carts. Directions • I-70 to Wentzville, Exit 208, Wentzville Parkway, take
first left on Pierce Blvd., then first right on Bear Creek Drive. Continue into subdivision with clubhouse on left Leagues • Course includes men’s, women’s, couples and junior leagues. Senior scrambles on Monday and Tuesday at 8 a.m. Phone • 636-332-5018
5. BEAR CREEK VALLEY Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,796 Green fees • $55 for 18 holes Sunday through Thursday; $39 for 9 holes Sunday through Thursday; $69 for 18 holes, $49 for 9 on weekends. Discounts • Check website for specials. Directions • Traveling from the west on Highway 54, turn right onto Highway 42 and follow it for 2/10 mile. From the east/north on Highway 54 turn left onto Highway 42 and follow it for 2/10 mile. Leagues • Phone • 573-302-1000
6. BERRY HILL Course • 9 holes, par 36, yardage 3,101 Green fees • Non-resident: $14 weekdays, $15 weekends for 9 holes or $21/$24 for 18 holes; Resident: $10 weekdays, $11 weekends for
Had it with dentures? Dental implants are more affordable than ever. Left: upper denture Right: upper implant
Start eating the food you love and living the life you deserve.
• Consultation and X-Rays • Second Opinion
Implant dentistry is a non-specialty interest area not recognized by the ADA that requires no specific educational training to advertise this service.
7. BIRCH CREEK Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,920 Green fees • 18 holes with carts range from $25 to $50. Discounts • Senior discounts available. 9-hole round available. Directions • I-44 to Union, exit 247, west on north outer road for 1.7 miles Leagues • Men, women, couples and seniors Phone • 636-584-7200
8. BRANSON HILLS Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 7,324 Green fees • $99 plus tax before noon SundayThursday; $109 plus tax Friday-Saturday; $74 plus tax from noon-3 p.m, Sunday-Thursday; $109 plus tax before noon, $99 plus tax from noon-3 p.m. FridaySaturday; $74 plus tax after 3 p.m. everyday. Directions • US 65 south to Branson Hills Pkwy/ Bee Creek Rd, continue on Branson Parkway to right on Pinehust Dr. Phone • 417-337-2963
9. BUFFALO RIDGE
Starting at $17,500
9 holes or $17/$19 weekends for 18 holes. Cart • $7 per rider. Discounts • Juniors (17 and under), seniors (60 and over), 7 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays, $9 for 9 holes or $15 for 18 holes. Directions • Hwy. 70 to Lindbergh Blvd. and turn north, left on Missouri Bottom Road and left on Fee Fee to course. From Illinois - I-270 to Lindbergh south, take right on Missouri Bottom and then left on Fee Fee. Leagues • Men, women and couples. Phone • 314-731-7979
Dr. Barry Brace & Associates Kirkwood Office (314) 200-2599 O’Fallon Missouri Office (636) 200-2664
Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 7,036 Green fees • $135 with cart for 18 holes Directions • US 65 S to Branson Creek Blvd., turn east. Golf course is three miles away. Phone • 417-339-5430
10. COUNTRY LAKE Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,100 Green fees • Dynamic pricing. Check website for up-to-date rates. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over) and juniors: $26 Monday-Friday for 18 holes with cart; twilight after 1 p.m. $24 Monday-Friday for 18 holes with cart, $29 Saturday and Sunday. Wacky Wednesday after 12:30 p.m. $20 for 18 holes with cart. Directions • I-70 to Route 47, Exit 193, go south for 500 yards, turn right at Veterans Memorial Parkway and go 1½ miles and turn left on MM and go under railroad overpass and make a quick right on Lakeview and another quick right on Country Lake Drive. Leagues • Men (Thursday night), senior scramble (Wednesday morning). Phone • 636-456-1165
11. COVE AT THE LODGE OF FOUR SEASONS Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,553 Green fees • $69, MondayThursday with cart for 18 holes; $89, Friday-Sunday with cart for 18 holes Directions • US 54 to Alt Rte US Hwy 54/Bagnell Dam Blvd, right on Horsehoe Bend Pkwy, left onto Four Seasons Dr. Phone • 573-365-8532
12. CRESCENT FARMS Course • 27 holes: 18 hole par 72, yardage 7,078; 9 hole par 30 1,722 yards Green fees • $40 MondayThursday and $44 Friday for 18-hole course with cart, $57 Saturdays-Sundays and holidays until noon; after noon $45; $20 for 9-hole executive course every day. Discounts • Seniors: $36 Monday-Thursday for 18 with cart, $39 on Friday. Juniors: $25 for 18 holes MondayThursday and after 3 p.m. on weekends. Directions • I-44 to Lewis Road exit, north to 745 Lewis Road (past Pevely Farms) Leagues • Men’s and women’s, call for details. Phone • 636-938-6200
MARK YOUR CALENDARS 2019 MEMBERSHIP
There’s never been a better time to become a Member at the Woodlands Golf Club for only: e till ot expir Does n 31st, 2019. ber Decem
*$99.00 Unlimited Greens Fee Membership is valid anytime Monday-Friday & after 12pm on Weekends & Holidays. Membership is non-refundable and cannot be transferred
BENEFITS NEVER PAY A greens fee until 2020 CART FEES: $10.00 - 9 Holes $17 -$18 - 18 Holes
FREE WALKING!! Membership can be used for ALL League Play!
PREFERRED TEE TIMES up to 14 days in advance Limited black out dates FREE REPLAYS!
CALLING ALL SENIORS! LET’S GO GOLFING!
Senior Scramble Every Monday!! 9am Shotgun Start SENIOR SPECIALS
Monday-Thursday at The Woodlands only $25 includes: Hot Dog, Soft Drink or Draft Beer 55+ are eligible For more information on memberships or events happening at The Woodlands contact the Golf Shop
618.462.1456 2839 Harris Lane, Alton, Il - (Just minutes from St. Louis!)
WE ARE IMPROVING OUR GREENS
DON’T FRET WE HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU PARDON WHILE WE MAKE IMPROVEMENTS
ENJOY 50% OFF GOLF AT ARNOLD GOLF CLUB! JUST VISIT
G10 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
MISSOURI COURSES 13. CREVE COEUR
16. DEER CHASE
Course • 9 holes, par 35, yardage 2,977 Green fees • Non-resident: $14 weekdays for 9 holes without cart; non-resident seniors and juniors $12 weekdays; $16 weekends for all non-residents. Cart • $8 per rider Discounts • Resident: $11 weekdays, $12 weekends. Resident seniors and juniors: $10 weekdays. Directions • Highway 270 to Olive. Go east one mile and turn right into Creve Coeur Executive Parkway, then turn left at stop sign and go a quarter-mile Leagues • Women Phone • 314-432-1806
Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,381 Green fees • $49 MondayThursday with cart for 18 holes; $65 Friday-Sunday with cart for 18 holes Discounts • Seniors: $35 on Mondays; Ladies $35 on Tuesdays Directions • Hwy. 54 to A-road, 3.4 miles turn right onto Lowell Williams Road, 1.4 miles turn left into The Golf Club at Deer Chase Leagues • Men (Monday evening) Phone • 1-866-633-3771
Discounts • All seniors (50 and over) and Veterans 10 percent discount off rack rate. Directions • US 54 south to West 19th Street. Phone • 573-392-4172
21. EMERALD GREENS Course is closed.
22. FAMILY GOLF
17. DON GARDNER Course is closed.
18. EAGLE SPRINGS Course • 18 holes, plus 9-hole executive course. Par 72, yardage 6,549. Par 27, 1,300 yards. Practice range available. Foot golf available. Green fees • $27 for 18 holes; Saturdays and Sunday $40 for 18 holes; Prices do not include tax. Discounts • Senior discounts available weekdays. Twilight rates available. Directions • Hwy. 367 north from I-270, turn left at second light on Redman Road, ½ mile on right, 2575 Redman Road Leagues • Men, women, couplesÂ and juniors. Phone • 314-355-7277
14. CROWN POINTE Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 7,093 Green fees • $40 for 18 holes Monday-Thursday with a $15 replay option; $50 Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays for 18 holes with a $20 replay option. All prices include cart. Discounts • Seniors (60 and over):$35 Monday-Thursday. Twilight rate (after 1 p.m.) $35 Monday through Thursday, (after 4 p.m.) $28, Friday, Saturdays, Sundays after 1 p.m., $42. After 4 p.m., $32.50 All prices include cart. Directions • I-55 south to 67 south to Fairgrounds Drive, turn south on the East Out Road and make left on Hunt Road Leagues • Seniors (Tuesday morning) Phone • 1-888-706-4682
19. EAGLES BLUFF Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 7,000 Green fees • Senior weekday rate is $27 and $33 on weekends. Non-senior rate is $30 and $38. Ladies golf everyday for $15! Discounts • $27 Senior Weekday Rate! Directions • Take Hwy. 79 (exit 220 on I-70) 45 miles north. Leagues • Tuesday and Thursday Men’s Leagues Phone • 573-242-3309
15. CUBA LAKES Course • 9 holes, par 34, yardage 2,725 Green fees • TuesdayThursday $18 before 3 p.m., $10 after 3 p.m.; FridaySunday $20. Discounts • Monday free golf, but cart fee is $8; Sunday play all day for $25; junior rates daily. Directions • West on I-44 to Cuba, exit 208, go south on Highway 19 for two miles and right on Highway O for a quarter mile Leagues • Men, women and coed Phone • 573-885-2234
20. ELDON GOLF CLUB Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,373. Indoor fitting and teaching center available. Green fees • Dynamic pricing. Check website for up-to-date rates.
Course • 9 holes, par 27, yardage 1,124 Green fees • $11 for 9 holes, $15 for 18 holes weekdays; $12/$16 weekends. Cart • $10 for 9 holes. Discounts • Seniors (60 and over): $10 for 9 holes, $14 for 18 holes Monday-Friday; $11/$15 weekends. Directions • Marshall Road, 2½ miles east of 141 and 1½ miles south of Big Bend Phone • 636-861-2500
23. FLORISSANT GOLF CLUB Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,509 Green fees • 18 Holes w/cart $36 during week, $39 on weekends. Senior rate is $29 for weekdays and weekends. Cart • $15 Discounts • Resident discounts available Directions • Hwy. 270 westbound, go north on Old Halls Ferry and turn left at the Walgreens, course halfmile. Hwy. 270 eastbound, go north on Lindbergh (Hwy. 67) exit for five miles and turn right on Old Halls Ferry for quarter-mile Leagues • Senior scramble Phone • 314-741-7444
24. FORE HONOR AT DEER CREEK USA Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,061 Green fees • $27 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart; $37 for weekends and holidays. $18 Monday-Friday for 9 holes with cart, $21 for weekends and holidays. Discounts • Greens fees are waived for first responders and veterans. Directions • 270 to Highway 30 west for 13.3 miles, left on MM and an immediate right on Dulin Creek Road for two miles Phone • 636-671-0447
L oc k h a To Honor
25. FOURCHE VALLEY Course • 9 holes, par 36, yardage 3,375 Green fees • $18 for 9 holes, $28 for 18 holes, weekdays, $22/$32 weekends, carts included. Discounts • Seniors (60 and over), juniors (under 18): $16 for 9 holes, $26 for 18 holes, weekday, carts included. Directions • Highway 21 south to Potosi, west on Highway 8 for 10 miles Leagues • Men, women and mixed Phone • 573-438-7888
26. HOLIDAY HILLS Course • 18 holes, par 68, yardage 5,822 Green fees • $55 for 18 holes with cart. After 11 a.m., cost is $45. Directions • US 65 south to thge MO-248/Branson Landing exit. Keep left on Branson Landing E onto Red Route/Veterans Blvd. to MO-76 East, right onto E. Rockford Dr. Phone • 417-334-4840
27. INCLINE VILLAGE Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,008 Green fees • $32 weekdays for 18 holes with cart, $22 for 9 holes: $42/$25 weekends. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $26 weekdays for 18 holes, $18 for 9 holes with cart. Twilight on Monday after 1 p.m., $20 for 18 holes with cart. Directions • 70 west to Foristell, Exit. 203, turn north for one mile and turn left on Dietrich Road for three miles Leagues • Senior (Monday morning two-person scramble 55 and over); In-house two-person scramble summer series on last Sunday of every month, women (Tuesday morning), men (Tuesday evening). Phone • 636-463-7274
28. INDIAN ROCK Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,380 Green fees • $42 MondayThursday with cart for 18 holes; $50 Friday-Sunday with cart for 18 holes. Discounts • $30 for 18 holes after 2 p.m. Directions • US 54 to MO 242 exit, left on MM, left on
TT to HWY F. Right on MO-5 N, right on Hwy O to Indian Lake Av.e Leagues • Men (Thursday evening), women (Tuesday morning) and couples (Monday evening). 9-hole stroke play league on Tuesday. Men’s league on Wednesday morning. Phone • 573-372-3023
32. LANDINGS AT SPIRIT
Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 6,527 Green fees • Dynamic pricing: Check website for up-to-date rates. Discounts • Check website for discount rates. Directions • Hwy. 64/70 to Wright City, exit 200, go south on Hwy. F for five miles on left Leagues • Men, women, mixed and seniors Phone • 636-928-3366
Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,788 Green fees • $42.50 Monday through Thursday; $48 Friday; $61.50 Saturday, Sunday and holidays; prices include cart. Discounts • Seniors (60 and over), $34.50, includes cart, Monday-Friday. Junior and twilight rates available. Directions • If you’re going east on 40, exit at Chesterfield Airport Road, turn left at Phillips 66 station and follow Old Olive to Eatherton Road, turn left at the entrance sign. If going west on Hwy. 40, exit at Long Road, turn right at Wildhorse Creek Road, then turn right at Eatherton Road Leagues • A variety of leagues are offered throughout the week. Phone • 636-728-1927
33. LEAD BELT
Course • 9 holes, par 36, yardage 3,072 Green fees • $19 for 9 holes with cart weekdays, $29 for 18 holes; $22 for 9 holes with cart weekends, $32 for 18 holes. Discounts • Senior (60 and over): $25 for 18 holes with cart every day. Membership rates available. Directions • I-55 south to Herculaneum, Exit 90, turn left to Scenic Drive and turn left Leagues • Men (Thursday evening), women (Tuesday morning), couples (every other Friday evening) and company league play. Phone • 636-479-4101
Course • 9 holes, par 36, yardage 3,190 Green fees • $28 for 18 holes with cart, $21 to walk 18 holes, $18 for 9 holes with cart, $13 to walk 9 holes. Directions • I-55 to Festus to Hwy. 67 south to the Bonne Terre exit, left off ramp to Berry Road right to golf course Phone • 573-358-3573
29. INNSBROOK RESORT
31. LAKE VALLEY Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,373 Green fees • $68 MondayThursday with cart for 18 holes; $79 Friday-Sunday with cart for 18 holes Discounts • Twilight rates available. Directions • I-44 to exit 135. Take Hwy F to Hwy BB and righ ont MO- 5 N. Take US 54 exti toward Osage Beach. Right on Blair Ave. Phone • 573-346-7218
34. LINKS AT DARDENNE Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 4,900-6,500 Green fees • $42 MondayFriday before 1 p.m. 18 holes with cart; after 1 p.m. $35 for 18 holes with cart, $57 Saturdays, Sundays and holidays before 1 p.m. 18 holes with cart, between 1-3 p.m. $44 for 18 holes with cart, after 3 p.m. $35 for 18 holes with cart. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $35 MondayFriday 18 holes with cart, $57 Saturdays, Sundays and holidays before 1 p.m. Late-day discounts available. Directions • Take 70 west to Hwy K south, to south outer road, turn right into subdivision. If you take 40 west take Hwy K north to Route N. Phone • 636-978-7173
b u l C f l ven Go
Lockhaven Golf Club’s golf course is 18 professionally-designed holes of golf on the bluffs overlooking the scenic River Road and Mississippi River - a beautiful, hilly and wooded layout that is enjoyable for both golf enthusiasts and occasional golfers.
Lessons: PGA Golf Instruction Available Scott Schaefer, PGA • email@example.com
From Weddings and Receptions to Baby Showers and Meetings, this RiverBend venue is the perfect destination for your special event!
Wednesday Senior Scramble. To be added to list please email firstname.lastname@example.org We only sell 100 and only a few remain. Introductory price will be going up soon, act now to be locked in for life!
FOUNDER MEMBERSHIP (limited available) Play Unlimited for One Year!
$1,400 Benefits include: • Unlimited Greens Fee & Cart • Tee Time Reservation 14 Days in advance (based on availability) • Free Guest (Fee waived) • Free Driving Range Complementary Bag Storage
Rates as low as $18! Discounted Senior/Military/ Junior/Twilight Rates Everyday
10872 Lawrence Keller Dr. Godfrey, IL 62035 email email@example.com
*NOTE: One Year Rates & Daily Prices may change. Please call to verify.
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G11
MISSOURI COURSES 35. MERAMEC LAKES Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,432 Green fees • $29 during the week, $38 on weekends, includes cart for 18 holes. Rates are lower after 1 p.m. Discounts • $22 Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; $38 weekends 11 a.m.-3 p.m. After 3 p.m., $20 for 18 holes, $10 for nine. For seniors (before 3 p.m.) Monday through Friday, $22 for 18 holes, $14 for 9 holes. Directions • 20 miles west of Six Flags on I-44 to exit. 239 and then five miles south on Hwy. 30 Leagues • Women (Tuesday), two-man senior scramble (Tuesday), men (Thursday) Phone • 636-629-0900
36. MISSOURI BLUFFS GOLF CLUB Course • 18 holes, par 71,
yardage 7,047 Green fees • Dynamic pricing. Check website for more information. Phone • 636-939-6494
37. MOUNTAIN TOP Course • 13 holes, par 39, yardage 1,912 Green fees • $60 plus tax Directions • I-44 South to US-65 in Springfield. Take Exit 82A from I-44. Follow US-65 to Branson Creek Blvd. Phone • 417-339-5420
38. NORMAN K. PROBSTEIN - FOREST PARK Course • Three 9-hole courses, pars are all 35; Hawthorne 2,805 yards, Dogwood 2,800, Redbud 2,954 Green fees • Check website for tee times and up-to-date
rates. Call pro shop for more information. Online booking for tee times also available on website. Discounts • Check website for up-to-date rates. Directions • Northwest corner of Forest Park, go north on Skinker and east on Forsyth, course is on left side, 6141 Lagoon Phone • 314-367-1337
39. NORMANDIE Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,534 Green fees • Dynamic pricing: Check website for up-to-date rates. Discounts • Check the website for discounted rates. Directions • One and half miles east of I-170 on St. Charles Rock Road Phone • 314-862-4884
40. OAK VALLEY GOLF COURSE AND RESORT Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,560 Green fees • Visit our website for best possible rates Discounts • Visit our website for best possible rates Directions • I-55 to Exit 180, East on Highway Z, right on Teamster Lake Camp Rd., left on Abbey Lane to the course. Leagues • Leagues now forming Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday afternoon/evening. Phone • 636-475-4474
41. OLD KINDERHOOK Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,726 Green fees • $85 MondayThursday with cart for 18 holes; $105 Friday-Sunday with cart for 18 holes.
with Carts Weekends/Holiday ....$38 Weekdays.................$28 Seniors & Juniors Weekdays.................$22 Competitive Rates! • Driving Range • Friendly Staff • Fun & Challenging • For All Skill Levels
Monday Special 18 holes with cart for $20! Call for tee times! Like Us on facebook
Meramec Lakes Golf Course 321 Birdie Lane • St. Clair, MO 63077 • 636-629-0900
Located 20 minutes west of Six Flags Off Highway 44
Let Us Beautify Your Ugly Concrete! No tear out required, simply resurface!
We offer SEVERAL ATTRACTIVE & DURABLE PRODUCT OPTIONS!!
Spring Savings UP TO
WITH COMBINED DISCOUNTS Call for details. Expires 5-15-19
■ Pebble Stone Epoxy System ■ Texture Craft ■ Outdoor Paver Tiles ■ Epoxy Coatings - Flake System, Metallic System, etc.
July-August is $99 for weekend play. Discounts • Twilight (after 2 p.m.) $59 Monday-Thursday and $75 Friday-Sunday. Check website for online specials. Directions • I-44 to exit 135. Take Hwy F to Hwy BB and righ ont MO- 5 N. Take US 54 exti toward Osage Beach. Right on Old Fifty Four Rd. Phone • 573-346-4444
42. OSAGE NATIONAL Course • 27 holes, 3 par72 18-hole combinations. Yardage 7,150 Green fees • Dynamic pricing throughout the season. Directions • I-70 to US 54 west. Left on Osage Hills Rd. Phone • 573-365-1950
43. PARADISE VALLEY Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 6,169 Green fees • $28 weekdays for 18 holes with cart, $22 for 9 holes. Senior rates are $26/$21. Weekends: $40 for 18. $26 for nine before noon, $24 after. Discounts • Check website or call the clubhouse for specials. Directions • I-44 to 141 and turn south to Meramec Station Road. Turn right and follow Outer Road west. Follow signs to entrance Leagues • Men, women andÂ juniors. Phone • 636-225-5157
44. PERRYVILLE Course • 9 holes, par 35, yardage 2,982 Green fees • $20 for 18 holes weekdays, $16 for 9 holes weekdays, $25 for 18 holes weekends and holidays, $20 for 9 holes weekends and holidays. Cart • $7 per person for 9 holes, $10 per person for 18 holes. Discounts • SEMO seniors cards Directions • I-55 south to Highway 51, Exit 129. Head east on 51 for quarter-mile, turn right at Burger King (Alma Road), go threequarter mile and turn left on Big Spring Blvd Leagues • Men (Tuesday, Thursday nights) and couples (Monday night). Course is still open to public during Thursday league play. Open ages 55 and older on Wednesday morning. Phone • 573-547-8036
45. PEVELY FARMS
GIVING BACK Senior, Military & First Responder Discounts! Free no obligation estimates
OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE • LOCALLY OWNED & FAMILY OPERATED
314-665-3126 or Toll Free 1-844-Fix-Ugly stonecraftresurfacing.com
Shawn Wolf “The Concrete Doctor”
RESULTS SO SMOOTH, YOUR CARPET WILL BE JEALOUS. No other mower can match the smooth, even cut of a Grasshopper zero-turn mower. In fact, very few carpets can either. Which is why Grasshopper mowers remain a top choice among turf care professionals.
Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 7,032 Green fees • During the week, $55 before 11 a.m., $49 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; $36 after 2 p.m. On weekends, $67 before $11 a.m., $56 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., $38 after 2 p.m. Discounts • Seniors: $35 Monday-Wed.; $41 ThursdayFriday. Twilight rates available. Directions • I-44 west of I-270 to Lewis Road, exit 266, follow signs to 400 Lewis Road Leagues • Open leagues Monday for men and women, men Thursday evening and women Friday morning. Phone • 636-938-7000
46. PHEASANT RUN
MORDT TRACTOR | 131 HIGHWAY H, TROY, MO 63379 | 636-528-8575 21109 NW SERVICE RD., WARRENTON, MO 63383 | 636-456-8576 * WAC. See store associate for details. © The Grasshopper Company
Course • 18 holes, with lights, par 57, yardage 3,210. Green fees • $28 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart, $18 for 9 holes; $34 weekends and nights for 18 holesÂ $20 for 9 holes, $20 Monday-Friday for 18 holes walking, $24 on weekends,
$14/$16 to walk 9 holes weekends. Cart • Pull cart $2, $12 for 18 holes for non-golfers to ride in golf cart, $6 for 9 holes. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over) and junior (under 16): $22 Monday-Friday, $28 weekends and nights for 18 holes with cart, $18/$20 walking; $14 for 9 holes with cart, $12 walking MondayFriday, $18 for weekends for 9 holes, $12/$14 walking for 9 holes. Directions • From I-70: Go south on Highway K, make a right on Waterford Crossing, first left after the school. From Highway 40: Go north on K, make left on Waterford Crossing Leagues • Women (Tuesday night and Wednesday morning), men (Wednesday night). Senior skins game on Thursday morning and men’s skins game on Thursday evening. Phone • 636-379-0099
47. POINTE ROYAL VILLAGE Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 6,067 Green fees • $75 for 18 holes, $65 after 11 a.m., $49 at twilight Discounts • Seniors (60+) and Military IDss will receive a $5 discount Directions • US 65 to left on MO-76 Main Street exit, left on Fall Creek Road, left onto MO-165 South, left onto Pointe Royale Leagues • Men’s (Wednesday) Phone • 866-334-4477
48. QUAIL CREEK Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,980 Green fees • $30 weekdays for 18 holes with cart; $48 weekends; $26 weekdays for 9 holes, $34 on weekends. Discounts • Twilight after 1 p.m., $25 for 9 holes weekdays. Saturdays and Sundays after 1 p.m., 35$ 18 and $28. Directions • South of 270 on Tesson Ferry for 2½ miles, turn left on Wells Road for three-quarter mile Leagues • Women’s on Thursday. Phone • 314-487-1988
49. RAINTREE Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 5,903 Green fees • $35 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart, $38 weekends; $24 MondayFriday for 9 holes with cart, $26 weekends. Discounts • Seniors: (60 and up) and juniors (18 and under): $29 with cart for 18 Monday-Friday only, $20 for 9 with cart. Directions • I-270 South to Hwy. 21 south. right onto Mo. Hwy. B, right on Plantation Drive Leagues • Men (Tuesday and Thursday); women (Tuesday and Wednesday). Phone • 636-789-4466, ext. 13
50. RIDGE AT THE LODGE OF FOUR SEASONS Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,447 Green fees • $59 MondayThursday with cart for 18 holes; $79 Friday-Sunday with cart for 18 holes Directions • US 54 to Alt Rte US Hwy 54/Bagnell Dam Blvd, right on Horsehoe Bend Pkwy., right on Duckhead Rd, right on Willow Ridge Rd. Phone • 573-365-8544
G12 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
MISSOURI COURSES 51. RIVERSIDE Course • 18 holes and a 9-hole par 3, pars 69/27, yardage 5,505/948 Green fees • $22 for 18 holes with cart weekdays and $28 on weekends; $18 for 18 holes to walk weekdays, $22 weekends. $9 to walk 9-hole course weekdays,$10 to walk 9-hole course on weekends. Discounts • Twilight rates start after 3 p.m.: $20 for 9 holes with cart on, $25 for 18 holes. Directions • Yarnell Road between I-44 and Gravois Road on the west side of the Meramec River Leagues • Women (Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays), couples (Mondays), Metro Senior (Wednesday) and Thursday Duffers. Phone • 636-343-6333
52. ROLLING HILLS MISSOURI Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,590 Green fees • $45 with cart for 18 holes Discounts • Twilight (after 2 p.m.), $24. Directions • Northeast of Versailles on Highway 5, one mile north of the junction of Highway 5 and Highway 52 Phone • 573-378-5109
53. RUTH PARK Course • 9 holes, par 35, yardage 3,029 Green fees • Non-resident: $13 weekdays, $15 weekends. Resident: $11 weekdays, $12 weekends. Cart • $8 per person. Discounts • $27 for all day play weekdays before 3 p.m. (cart included). Senior rates available. Junior rates $9. Play all day resident weekday before 3 p.m. $22. Directions • East on Olive Street from 170, first stop light is McKnight and turn left to Old Bonhomme, quarter-mile on left Phone • 314-727-4800
54. ST. ANN Course • 9 holes, par 34, yardage 2,696 Green fees • Nonresident: $13 for 9 holes MondayFriday, $14 on weekends. Residents $10/$11.
Cart • $6 per person to ride cart; pull carts $2. Discounts • Seniors $12 for 9 holes weekdays, $13 weekends. Residents: $10 weekdays for 9 holes, $11 weekends. Senior residents: $9 weekdays for 9 holes, $10 weekends. Rental clubs $8. Directions • St. Charles Rock Road 10500 west and north on Ashby for quarter-mile Phone • 314-423-6400
weekends. Discounts • Seniors: $19 for 18 holes with cart MondayFriday. Directions • 6½ miles west of 270 on Highway 30 (Gravois). Turn left on Little Brennan Road. Road dead ends, turn right, course ½ mile on left. Leagues • Weekly leagues available. Contact the pro shop for more details. Phone • 636-677-4070
55. ST. PETERS Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 6,019 Green fees • $25 for 18 holes, $19 for 9 holes weekdays walking; $35/$23 weekends. From 10 a.m.-2 p..m., $24 on weekdays, $32 weekend. Cart • $13 for 18 holes, $7 for 9 holes. Discounts • Seniors: $17 for 9 or 18 holes, without cart weekdays, $21/$27 on weekends. Twilight rates available after 2 p.m.: $30 weekdays with cart, $34 weekends with cart, unlimited play, based on availability. Directions • I-70 west to Exit 220 (Hwy. 79), go left across overpass through one stoplight, entrance on left Leagues • Men, women and senior. Two-person senior scramble (Thursday mornings). Phone • 636-397-2227
56. STE. GENEVIEVE Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,053 Green fees • $35 MondayThursday with cart, $39 weekends, $25/$30 for 9 holes with cart. Discounts • Seniors (60 and over): $28 Monday-Thursday, $35 weekends. Twilight rate every day after 2 p.m.: $25 all you can play, includes cart. Directions • I-55 south to exit 150. West on Highway 32 for 1 1/2 miles to Zell Road and make a right, go halfmile Phone • 573-883-2949
57. SUGAR CREEK Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 6,403 Green fees • $23 weekdays for 18 holes with cart, $33
58. SULLIVAN GOLF COURSE Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,200 Green fees • $27 for 18 holes Monday through Friday. Senior rate (55 and older) $22. Weekend rates are $37. Directions • I-44 west to first Sullivan exit, 185, go south to East Vine Street and turn right for a quarter-mile. Leagues • Women (Tuesday evening) and men (Wednesday evening). Phone • 573-468-5803
60. SUNSET HILLS Course is closed.
61. SYCAMORE CREEK 64. TAPAWINGO
Course is closed.
62. TAN-TAR-A HIDDEN LAKES Course • 9 holes, par 35, yardage 3,015 Green fees • $30 for 9 holes, $42 on weekend Directions • I-70 to US 54 south. Right on KK, left on KK 14/Pelican Dr. Left on Hawk Island Dr Phone • 573-348-8522
63. TAN-TAR-A OAKS Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,432 Green fees • $59 MondayThursday with cart for 18 holes; $79 Friday-Sunday with cart for 18 holes Discounts • After 5 p.m., $25 for 9 holes Directions • I-70 to US 54 south. Right on KK, left on KK
Course • 27 holes, three par36 courses, 3,493-3,631 Green fees • $60 MondayFriday, $70 Saturday-Sunday, includes mandatory cart for 18 holes. Discounts • Seniors (60 and over) and women: $45 Monday-Friday for 18 holes includes cart. Twilight rates: $40 Monday-Friday after 2 p.m., $50 SaturdaySunday after 2 p.m. Directions • 270 to Highway 30 west for 1½ miles and make right on West Watson for one mile. Phone • 636-349-3100
65. TERRE DU LAC Course • 9 hole course is Valley course, par 36, yardage 3,340; 18 hole course is Skyview course, par 72, yardage 6,292. Green fees • $30 for 18 holes Monday - Friday with cart; 9 holes $24 with cart, Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, 18 holes $36 Saturdays, Sundays, holidays. Cart • $14 for 18 holes, $7 for 9 holes. Discounts • Twilight rates after 2 p.m., weekdays $25, weekend $30, Seniors (55 and over): $25 for 18 holes with cart weekdays, $30 weekends. Directions • I-55 south to Hwy. 67, west to Bonne Terre exit and take Hwy. 47 for five miles to flashing yellow light. Turn onto Terr du Lac and follow signs. Phone • 573-562-7091
Rosemont Senior Living Centre
59. SUN VALLEY Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,607, includes 720yard, par 6 hole named The Beast. Green fees • $22.99 (6-8 a.m.), $25.99 (8-11 a.m.), $22.99 (11 a.m.-3 p.m.), $19.99 (3-7 p.m.) MondayFriday; $29.99 (6-8 a.m.), $34.99 (8-11 a.m.), $29.99 (11 a.m.-3 p.m.), $24.99 (3-7 p.m.) weekends and holidays. Prices include cart. Discounts • Seniors (60 and over): $19.99 (6-8 a.m.), $22.99 (8-11 a.m.), $19.99 (11 a.m.-7 p.m.) Monday-Friday; $27.99 (6-8 a.m.), $31.99 (8-11 a.m.), $27.99 (11 a.m.-3 p.m.), $24.99 (3-7 p.m.) weekends and holidays; allday play special $34.99 for weekdays and $44.99 for weekends. Kids 15 and under play free with each paid adult weekdays anytime and weekends after 11 a.m. Prices include carts. Directions • Highway 70 to Hwy. 79 north for 28 miles to Elsberry, make left at Hwy. B, go five miles to Hwy. W, course is half-mile on left. Leagues • Men’s league on Thursday nights. Phone • 573-898-2613
14/Pelican Dr. Left on Hawk Island Dr Phone • 573-348-8527
All Inclusive Monthly Rent from
1,250 - $1,750
Retirement living at Rosemont Senior Living Centre offers you a satisfying, worry-free life at an affordable price with delicious home-cooked meals, fun activities and weekly laundry & housekeeping services. You'll love living here!
24-Hour Security Phone Cable TV
3 Meals Daily Housekeeping Laundry
Beauty Salon Bingo
2121 Ridge Drive Arnold, MO 63010
- Life is better among friends. Call to schedule a tour with your new friends!
Celebrate a New Kind of Independence Live Comfortably in an Elegant Independent Retirement Community At The Prime Place, our upscale community offers the comforts of home with the freedom to live each day how you want. Enjoy the lifestyle you deserve in the natural beauty of Wildwood and its Town Center.
Become a Founding Member of our Community — Call Today
WWW.THE PRIME PL ACEWILD WO OD .COM
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G13
MISSOURI COURSES 66. THE FALLS Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,510 Green fees • $42 weekdays Monday-Thursday; $45 on Friday. Weekends: $56 before 11 a.m., $47 after 11 a.m., $40 after 2 p.m. Discounts • Seniors: $35 Monday-Friday. Directions • O’Fallon; Hwy. 70 west to Bryan Road south, turn east on Mexico Road and left on Turtle Creek Drive or Hwy. 64 west to WInghaven Blvd. north, Winghaven turns into Bryan Rd. (approx 1.5 miles), turn east on Mexico Rd. and left on Turtle Creek Dr. Phone • 636-240-4653, ext. 4.
67. THE HIGHLANDS FOREST PARK Course • 9 holes, par 34, yardage 2,656
Discounts • For seniors (over 55) and ladies: $40 Monday through Thursday, $40 on Fridays and $49 on weekends. Twilight rates after 1 p.m.: $36 Monday through Thursday, $36 on Fridays and $40 on weekends. Directions • I-70 west onemile past I-270, take Maryland Heights Expy south and left on Marione Ave., left at entrance Phone • 314-514-0154
Green fees • $24 MondayFriday for 9 holes with cart, $18 walking; $26 weekends for 9 holes with cart, $19 walking. Driving range available. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over) with purchase of $10 card: $18 for 9 holes with cart $13 to walk. Juniors 16 and under are free with full-paying adult. Directions • Southeast corner of Forest Park Phone • 314-531-7773
68. THE QUARRY AT CRYSTAL SPRINGS Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 6,590 Green fees • $46 for 18 holes Monday through Thursday, $47 for 18 holes on Fridays; $54 for 18 holes weekends, carts included. $28 for 9 holes, $30 on weekends. Driving range available.
70. TOP OF THE ROCK Course • 9 holes, par 27, yardage 1,420 Green fees • $135 with cart for 9 holes Directions • US 65 S to MO-86 W. to Ridgedale Rd to Top of the Rock Rd Phone • 800-225-6343
71. TOWER TEE Course is closed.
69. THOUSAND HILLS
Course • 18 holes, par 64, yardage 5,111 Green fees • $69 for 18 holes before 1 p.m., $59 after 1 p.m. Discounts • $10 discount for seniors/military. Directions • US 65 to left on MO-76 Main Street exit, left on Fall Creek Road, Right on Wildwood Drive South Phone • 800-864-4145
Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 5,573-5,854 Green fees • $26 weekday for 18 holes, $14 for 9 holes; $31/$17 weekends. All rates include cart. Discounts • Seniors (60 and over): $22 for 18 holes, $12 for 9, includes cart, weekdays only. Directions • I-70 to Warrenton exit, south on Highway 47 for
4½ miles Leagues • Men, women, seniors. Two-person scramble on Thursday mornings. Phone • 636-456-8726
73. WENTZVILLE Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,344 Green fees • $39 MondayFriday for 18 holes, $22.50 for 9 holes; Weekends: $53 before 11 a.m., 49.50 11 a.m.-1 p.m., $35 after 1 p.m., $25 after 3 p.m. Rates include cart. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $33 with cart MondayFriday for 18 holes. Twilight rates available. Directions • I-70 west to Wentzville Parkway and make a left, make a right on South Service Road and a left on Hepperman for 1½ miles Leagues • Men (Wednesday
night) and women (Monday morning). Phone • 636-332-0500
74. WOLF HOLLOW Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,763 men, 4,913 women Green fees • $40 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart, $19 for 9 holes; $50/$26 weekends with cart. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $27 Monday-Friday with cart for 18 holes; $15 for 9 holes with cart. Preferred player and twilight rates available. Directions • I-44 west to Exit 251. Go straight through the stoplight for 4½ miles and look for signs. Leagues • Tuesday night men’s league Phone • 636-390-8100
ILLINOIS COURSES 1. ACORNS
St. Louis’s Premier Driving Range Open 7-10 • 7 Days a Week
Let uS HOSt yOuR neXt eVent!
Buy One Get One FRee Buy one bucket of any size and get a free small bucket. That’s an extra 45 balls! Cannot be used in combination with any other coupons. Valid through 6/31/19
• Corporate Outings • Birthday Parties • Family Reunions firstname.lastname@example.org
2. AMERICAN LEGION
6286 Lemay Ferry Rd. • St. Louis, MO 63129 • 314.416.1661 • thefirstteerange.com
TWO PERSON SCRAMBLE EVERY WEDNESDAY, 8:30 AM 55+ Our Senior Gold Card can be used in our MONDAY and WEDNESDAY Senior Events to qualify for free rounds. However, HURRY, the number of Gold Cards are Limited!
643 Ridge Rd. Waterloo, IL 62298
Monday - Men’s 55+ Handicap League Starts April 22nd @ 8:30 A.M.
618-939-4646 WE CATER TO GROUP OUTINGS
NEW PAVILION Seating up to 150
BANQUET HALL Seating up to 150
Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,700 Green fees • $30 weekdays, $40 weekends for 18 holes including cart. Discounts • Seniors (50 and over), $24 weekdays; see website for specials. Directions • Route 3 south to Waterloo, right on 156 for 200 yards and left on Lakeview to Warburg, make right on Ahne Road, 300 yards on right Leagues • Men’s, senior, couples Phone • 888-922-2676
PLAZA DECK Seating up to 150
Monday Senior Scramble 9am Shotgun, 2 person scramble is
$35 per person
Includes cart, green fee, prize purse, skins, closet to the pin and catered meal. 50 yrs or older. Play Mid-Illinois’ Most Beautiful Course Indian Springs Golf Course 21347 Illinois Rte 185 • Fillmore, IL Conveniently located 45 minutes east of St. Louis
217.538.2392 for Tee Times • www.indianspringsgolf.net
Course • 9 holes, par 35, yardage 2,652 Green fees • $11 for 9 holes walking, $16 with cart, $26 for 18 holes with cart, $19 for 18 holes walking. Discounts • Military discounts: $10 for 9 holes with cart. Monday special: $13 for nine holes with cart. Directions • Illinois 157 across from Woodland Elementary School Leagues • Men (Wednesday and Thursday evening), seniors (Thursday morning), open scramble two-person blind draw (Saturday morning 9 a.m.) Phone • 618-656-9774
Leagues • Senior and couples scrambles Phone • 618-931-5232
5. BELK PARK Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,827 Green fees • $30 for 18 holes on weekdays, $40 weekends, including cart. Cart • Carts are mandatory on weekends before noon and during outings. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over) and women $25, TuesdayFriday. $22 on Monday. Twilight rates: weekends $30 at noon, $20 after 3 p.m. weekdays: $25 at noon, $20 after 3 p.m., all you can play. Directions • I-255 north to Hwy. 143, make a left and then at the third light turn right on Wesly Blvd., go one block and turn right on Rock Hill Road for 1 ½ miles. Leagues • Individual open league on Thursday, men’s laborer’s league and women’s two-person on Tuesday, senior scramble (50 and over twoperson) Thursday morning. Phone • 618-251-3115
6. BENT OAK
Course • 9 holes, par 36, yardage 3,070 Green fees • $20 on Monday, 3. ANNBRIAR $24 Tuesday-Thursday for 9 holes with cart, $26 weekends Course • 18 holes, par 72, for 9 holes with cart; $29/30 for yardage 6,863 18 holes. Green fees • $53 MondayCart • Carts are $9 for 9 holes. Friday, $68 weekends for Discounts • Seniors (60 and 18 holes, includes cart; $28 over): Monday-Friday $17 for 9 Monday-Friday,$38 weekends holes with cart, $22 for 18 holes for 9 holes. with cart on weekends; Monday, Discounts • Seniors (60 and play all day $20 with cart. over), $43 Monday-Friday. Directions • I-64 east to Route Twilight after 1 p.m., $44 Monday-Friday, $49 weekends; 50 east to the Breese exit and watch for signs. Twilight after 3:30 p.m.: $28 Leagues • Men (Tuesday and Monday-Friday, $31 weekends. Thursday nights), seniors Weekday ladies and military, (Wednesday morning), women $43. Directions • 9½ miles south on (Wednesday night). Route 3 from Jefferson Barracks Phone • 618-526-8181 Bridge, right on HH Road for 7. CARLYLE LAKE two miles and left on Gall Road Leagues • Men (Tuesday Course • 9 holes, par 36, evening), women (Tuesday yardage 3,309 morning, Wednesday evening) Green fees • $12 Monday-Friday, and couples (Sunday evening). $13 weekends for 9 holes Phone • 888-939-5191 walking, $14 Monday-Friday for 18 holes to walk, $16 weekend 4. ARLINGTON for 18 holes to walk. Cart • $8 for 9 holes Course • 18 holes, par 72, Discounts • All-day play: $15 yardage 6,907 on Monday, $20 on Thursday all Green fees • $32 for 18 holes, day with cart; $10 per nine holes $23 for 9 holes Monday-Friday, on Friday. includes cart. $40 for 18 holes, Directions • I-64 east to $26 for 9 holes, weekends, Nashville exit and go north for includes cart. 20 miles. Discounts • Junior, twilight Leagues • Seniors (Tuesday Directions • I-55/70 east, left on Hwy. 111 for four miles, right mornings) and men (Wednesday afternoon) on Horseshoe Lake Road and Phone • 618-594-2758 first left is Arlington Drive
Voted #1 Large RV Park in Missouri by MOARC 4 years in a row! 1 Treasure Lake Drive Branson, MO 65616 800-455-2961 toll fee 417-334-1040 phone 417-334-5522 fax www.tlresort.com email@example.com
Treasure Lake RV Resort
G14 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
ILLINOIS COURSES 8. CHESTER Course • 9 holes, par 36, yardage 3,598 Green fees • $30 for 18 holes with cart; $25 for 9 holes with cart. Discounts • Memberships available. Directions • Two miles north of Chester on Route 3 North. Leagues • Men, women and senior Phone • 618-826-3168
9. CLINTON HILL
over): $20 for 18 holes with cart. Directions • Cross Jefferson Barracks Bridge 255 to Exit 13, turn left on 157 for two miles and then right on 160 for 1½ miles and left on Eiler Road for .3 mile. From Poplar Street Bridge south on Route 3 for three miles to Route 157 and turn left for four miles and then right on 160 for 1½ miles and then left on Eiler Road for .3 mile Phone • 618-538-5826
Course is closed.
14. FAIRFIELD 10. CLOVERLEAF
21. INDIAN MOUNDS Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 5,100-6,900 Green fees • Dynamic pricing: Check website for up-to-date rates. Discounts • Check website for all discounts. Sign up for promotions at faroaksgolf.com. Directions • I-64 east to Fairview Heights, Hwy. 159 north, go half-mile to Milburn School Road, right to Old Collinsville Road and left to golf course Phone • 618-628-2900
16. FOX CREEK
Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 5,970 Green fees • $34 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart for non-seniors; $40 weekends for 18 holes with cart; $21/$26 for 9 holes with cart. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $28 Monday-Friday for 18 holes with cart;Twilight (after noon): $28 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart, $40 weekends for 18 holes with cart, $35 from 12-2 p.m. and $31 after 2 p.m. Directions • I-255 across Jefferson Barracks Bridge to Columbia exit, left on Palmer Road, left on Old Route 3 and right on AA Road. Leagues • Open (Thursday night), women (Wednesday morning), senior (50 and over) two-man scramble (Monday morning). Phone • 618-286-4455
Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 7,027 Green fees • $30 weekdays, $39 weekends with cart for 18; $17/$20 for 9 holes. Discounts • Seniors: $25 Monday-Thursday, $35 FridaySunday for 18 with cart. Military: $25 Monday-Thursday for 18 with cart, $35 weekends. Twilight, after 2 p.m.: $20 weekdays for 18 with cart, $25 weekends. Unlimited greens fee membership for weekdays $99. Directions • I-64/70/55 east, go north on I-255 and right on 143 for four miles to 159 and turn left for two miles Leagues • Women (Monday), Men (Wednesday and Thursday). Phone • 618-692-9400
Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,676 Green fees • $34 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart; $40 weekends for 18 holes with cart; $21/$26 for 9 holes with cart. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $28 Monday-Friday for 18 holes with cart; Twilight (after noon): $28 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart, $40 weekends for 18 holes with cart, $35 from noon-2 p.m. and $31 after 2 p.m. On Sunday, four can play for $128 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and for $108 from 1-4 p.m. Directions • I-255 across Jefferson Barracks Bridge to Dupo exit 9, right on Route 3 for quarter-mile, left on Mule Road, right on Columbia Bridges Drive Leagues • Women (Wednesday morning) Two-man open scramble starts at 9 a.m. Friday. Phone • 618-281-3900
13. ELMWOOD Course • 9 holes, par 36, yardage 3,030 Green fees • $25 for 18 holes with cart Monday-Friday, $15 for 18 holes walking; $15 for 9 holes Monday-Friday with cart, $10 for 9 walking. Cart • $10 per person for 18 holes; $5 per person for 9 holes. Discounts • Seniors (55 and
23. LEGACY Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 5,132-6,414 Green fees • $29 weekdays for 18 holes, includes cart, $20 for 9 holes; $34/$22 weekends. Discounts • Seniors: $24 for 18 holes with cart Monday-Friday, $19 for 9. Twilight after 4 p.m. $23 with cart. Juniors (under 16) $5 walking only. Directions • I-270 east to Hwy. 111 south and turn west on Pontoon Road and south on Cargil. Also, I-70 east to Hwy. 111 north and turn west on Pontoon Road and south on Cargil. Leagues • Women (Monday night), two-person scramble (Tuesday night, thursday morning). Phone • 618-931-4653
Course is closed.
Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 4,877-5,721 Green fees • Weekdays $21 for 18 holes with cart, $28 on weekends. For nine holes, $14 for weekdays, $17 weekends. Discounts • After noon weekdays, $15 for 18 holes, $10 for 9; after noon on weekends, $20 before noon and $15 after noon for 18 holes. Directions • I-255 to Fosterburg Road, turn left, course half-mile Leagues • Tuesday morning women. Phone • 618-462-3022
12. COLUMBIA BRIDGES
$40 for seniors. After 11, $40 and $35. Twilight, Monday through Friday after 3, $25, weekends $30. Directions • I-70 east to Mulberry Grove, exit No. 52, left for nine miles to Hwy. 185 and left for 1½ mile. Leagues • Senior scramble (Monday), women (Wednesday), men (Thursday). Phone • 217-538-2392
for 18 holes; $20/$22 for 9 holes. Price doesn’t include cart. Cart • $16 for 18 holes, $11 for 9 holes Discounts • Seniors (55 and over), Monday-Thursday: $34 for non-residents; $32 for residents. Twilight rates after 4 p.m. Directions • I-64 east, Hwy. 127 south to Nashville, Hwy. 13 east to Airport Road and make right turn to Glenn Road Leagues • Men, women and seniors Phone • 618-529-4386
15. FAR OAKS
Course • 18 holes, par 59, yardage 3,381 Green fees • $17 for 18 holes with cart, $15 for 9 holes with cart, $14 for 18 holes to walk, $12 for 9 holes to walk. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $15 for 18 holes with cart, $13 for 9 holes with cart, $11 for 18 holes to walk, $9 for 9 holes to walk. Directions • I-55/70 to Fairmont City exit 6, south on Highway 111, left on Old Collinsville Road, right on Kingshighway (3500). Leagues • Women (Thursday morning), Men (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday). Couple on Friday evenings. Phone • 618-271-4000
24. LOCKHAVEN GOLF CLUB
22. INDIAN SPRINGS
Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,680 Green fees • $45 weekends with cart, $32 weekdays with cart Discounts • Twilight up to 60 percent off. Seniors get 15 percent off. Directions • Highway 67 north to Alton. North on Illinois 100, right on to
Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,264 Green fees • Monday, $25, 18 holes and cart. Tuesday, Two can play for $50. WednesdayThursday, $35 and $30 senior, after 11 a.m., $30, $25 for senior. Friday, Four can play for $100. Saturday and Sunday, Holidays, $45,
Lockhaven then left on Lawrenece Keller Drive. Leagues • Tuesday morning women, Wednesday morning seniors, Friday afternoon couples Phone • 618-466-2441
25. MYSTIC OAK Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,358 Green fees • Dynamic pricing. Check website for more information. Discounts • Check website for discount information. Directions • South on Route 3, 15 miles past the JB Bridge and make left on Market in Waterloo and left Hamacher Road. Leagues • Men, women and couples Phone • 618-939-4646
26. NORTH COUNTY Course • 9 holes, par 35, yardage 2,842 Green fees • $9 for 9 holes, $12 for 18 holes MondayFriday; weekends and holidays, $13 for 9 holes, $17 for 18 holes. Cart • $5 per person for 9 holes, $10 per person for 18 holes, members $4 per 9 holes. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $12 for 9 holes Monday-Friday including cart, $20 for 18 holes including cart. Directions • From St. Louis, Route 3 south to Red Bud. From Fairview Heights, Route 159 to Red Bud. Address, 703 West Market. Leagues • Women (Monday, 5 p.m.), men (Tuesday, 5 p.m.). Phone • 618-282-6590
27. OAK BROOK Course • 27 holes. Holes 1-18, par 71, yardage 6,641. Holes 19-27, par 36, yardage 3,190 Green fees • $33 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart, $22 for 9 with cart; $40/$23 on weekends. Discounts • Seniors (50 and over) and juniors (18 and under): $25 for 18 holes with cart; $14 to walk 18 holes; $21 for 9 holes with cart, $11 to walk 9 holes; family rates Friday, Saturday and Sunday after 2 p.m. Directions • From St. Louis, north on I-55 to Exit 23. Go east on 143 one mile to Staunton Road and make left. When road ends, turn right on Fruit Road and go two miles. From Springfield, I-55 south to Route 4 and go south for nine miles to Fruit Road, large water tower, turn right for two miles. Leagues • Men (Monday through Thursday evenings), women (Wednesday morning, Wednesday evening and Thursday evening). Phone • 618-656-5600
28. ORCHARDS Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,787. Two HD golf simulators are available by booking online. Green fees • Check website for fees. Discounts • Check website for discount information. Directions • I-64 to O’Fallon/Shiloh exit 16, go south onto Greenmount Road, six miles to course. Leagues • Check website for league information. Phone • 618-233-8921
Dine In, Carry Out or for delivery!
17. GATEWAY NATIONAL Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 7,178 Green fees • Dynamic pricing: Check website for up-to-date rates. Discounts • Dynamic pricing can reduce standard rates significantly. Please check the web site. Directions • From Poplar Street Bridge I-64/40 east to I-55/70 north to Route 203, Exit 4, to second stop light and turn left on Eagle Park Dr. and then immediate left to course Phone • 618-482-4653
18. GOVERNORS RUN Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 4,570-7,072 Green fees • $37 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart, $41 weekends with cart; $20/$26 for 9 holes. Discounts • Seniors: $26 Monday-Friday for 18 holes with cart. Twilight: $26 after 3 p.m. Military is $26. Directions • I-64 east to Highway 50 East, exit 19B, to Highway 127, turn left and make first right. Leagues • Men; Monday morning two-person scramble; Friday men’s league. Phone • 618-594-4585
19 H le th
After The Match Or Anytime, Make TURTLE CREEK Your 19th Hole! With Great Food & All Your Favorite Beverages Our Friendly Staff Will Help You Unwind After A Day On The Course!
Watch All The Games & Matches On Our BIG Screens And Some Of The Areas Best LIVE Music Every Weekend!
Make Your Reservations For EASTER BRUNCH- APRIL 21 10-2pm!
Find Us at turtlecreekpub.com & Follow Us on Facebook!
128 Triad Center West,O’Fallon MO (Mexico Road Between Hwy K & Bryan)
The City of
YOUR NINE HOLE GET-AWAY!
19. GRAND MARAIS Course is closed.
11919 Berry Hill Road • Bridgeton, MO 63044 firstname.lastname@example.org
20. HICKORY RIDGE Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,863 Green fees • Non-resident: $31 weekdays, $34 weekends
Call for your Tee Time 314-731-7979
We buy, sell, repair, and restore collectible cars
State of the art facility housed in an all brick 50,000 sq ft building.
Down draft heated paint booth • Laser alignment • Vapor blasting • Road force balancing • Classic auto air and 5 speed conversion PLEASE CALL IF YOU HAVE A CLASSIC CAR FOR SALE.
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
2014 Corvette 18,000 miles, 7 speed manual, 3LT package.
A well restored car you can drive anywhere.
$59,000 1969 Cougar
Big block, numbers matching Corvette Convertible. A great collector car investment at only
Zero rust car in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. Original motor.
$26,500 11714 Saint Charles Rock Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044 314-348-5774 • Jeff@ItsAliveAuto.com • ItsAliveAuto.com
Your one stop shop for repair, restoration, sales.
Follow us on Facebook at It's Alive Automotive
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G15
Ozarks National Hole #8
WORLD-CLASS GOLF WITHOUT BEING WORLD’S AWAY Take a short drive south and experience America’s next great golf destination. Big Cedar Lodge, in southwest Missouri, is currently home to four distinctively unique courses designed by some of the most legendary names in golf: Nicklaus, Fazio, Player and opening this spring, Ozarks National by Coore & Crenshaw. The stay and play experience is continuing to grow with the opening of the spectacular Payne’s Valley course designed by Tiger Woods, coming soon. Call or visit the website to plan your stay and play getaway.
Ranked the #1 Resort in the Midwest for 3 Consecutive Years – Travel and Leisure Magazine
G16 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
ILLINOIS COURSES 29. PRAIRIES OF CAHOKIA Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,490 Green fees • Dynamic pricing: Check website for best rates. Directions • I-255 to Exit 13 and go west on Highway 157 for half-mile, turn left on Cahokia Park Road all the way in the back. Or, Poplar Street Bridge to Route 3 south, go 2½ miles and make left on 157, go over overpass, one mile on right at Cahokia Park Rd. Leagues • Men Phone • 618-332-6944
30. REND LAKE Course • 27 holes; 6,861 yardage (1-18), 3,393 yardage (19-27). Stay and play packages available for on-site lodging. Green fees • Monday through Thursday, 9-with cart $27 / 18-w cart $48/ 27-w cart $70; Friday through Sunday, 18 with cart $55, 27 with cart $77. Cart • $15 Discounts • Seniors / Junior / Twlight Directions • East on I-64 to I-57 south, Exit 77 (Sesser), right on Route 154, then first left on Larry Foster Parkway. Leagues • Men’s league Phone • 618-629-2353
31. RIVER LAKES Course • 18 holes, par 70, yardage 4,675-5,710 Green fees • $20 for 18 holes with cart on weekdays, $25 on weekends. Discounts • Seniors: $19 each with cart MondayFriday until 2 p.m. Directions • Route 3 to Columbia, right on Palmer, right on DD and right on Ramsey. Phone • 618-281-6665
32. ROCK SPRING
33. ROLAND BARKAU MEMORIAL Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,513 Green fees • Home of the play-all-day rate: $30 weekdays, $25 for seniors and military, $40 on weekends. Directions • From Missouri, I-64 east to Exit 41, right to Waterworks Road, make right turn to course. From Illinois east, I-64 west to Exit 40, left to Waterworks Road and make right to course. Leagues • Men, women, seniors and couples. Phone • 618-243-6610
34. ROLLING HILLS ILLINOIS Course • 18- and 9-hole courses, pars 71/29, yardage 5,731/1,297 Green fees • Nine-hole executive course as well. Check website for up-todate rates. Discounts • Seniors Monday-Friday, $25. Juniors Monday-Friday, $15. Directions • I-270 to Hwy. 367 north. Left off Lewis and Clark Bridge in Alton onto Landmarks Blvd. (67 North) toward Godfrey. Hwy. 67 turns into Godfrey Road and turn left on Stamper Lane for one mile to Pierce Lane, turn right for 250 feet. Leagues • Monday-Friday leagues. Senior men (Friday morning); couples events Friday evenings beginning in May. Foot golf available. Phone • 618-466-8363
35. SPENCER T. OLIN Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,941; 9 holes, par 30, yardage 1,795 Green fees • Dynamic pricing: Check website for up-to-date rates. Discounts • Best price is found online Directions • I-255 north to
36. STONEWOLF Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,943 Green fees • Dynamic pricing: Check website for up-to-date rates. Discounts • Check website for discount information. Directions • I-64 east to Exit 12, Fairview Heights/ Collinsville, turn left on Hwy. 159 and go 1½ miles to Stonewolf entrance on left Leagues • Ladies (Wednesday) and men (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday). Phone • 618-624-4653
37. TAMARACK Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,300 Green fees • $36 weekdays for 18 holes with cart, $23 for 9 holes weekdays; $45/$33 weekends Discounts • Seniors (55 and over) and military discount: $30 with cart weekdays. Daily after 2 p.m., $30 with cart. Directions • I-64 east to Exit 16, right on Greenmount, go quartermile, make left on Frank Scott Parkway, go one mile right on Cross Street, course 400 yards on right. Phone • 618-632-6666
38. TIMBER LAKES Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 4,924-6,960 Green fees • $31 MondayThursday for 18 holes, $20 for 9 holes; $34/$22 on Fridays, $39/$22 weekends. All rates include mandatory cart. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $27 MondayThursday for 18 holes with cart, $29 on Fridays and $39 on weekends. Twilight rate after 3 p.m.: $23 weekdays, $25 weekends. Directions • North I-55 to Staunton, Exit 41, and turn right, go 300 yards, make left on Frontage Road, after going under train viaduct, turn left and go back over I-55, course on right. Leagues • Men (Thursday night), Moose (Wednesday night). Phone • 618-635-4653
POST-DISPATCH SUBSCRIBER ALERT Monday-Friday for 18 holes with cart, $35 weekend; $10 weekdays for 18 without cart, $16 weekends; $17 for 9 holes weekdays with cart. Discounts • Senior rates (60 and over): $24 for 18 holes Monday-Friday with cart, $16 for 9 holes with cart. Directions • From Clark Bridge in Alton, take Hwy. 67 north 17 miles to Jerseyville. Go west two miles on Route 16 to Centennial Road and turn right for three-quarter mile. Leagues • Men, women, mixed and seniors Phone • 618-498-3178
42. WOODLANDS Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,425 Green fees • $30 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart, $39 Saturday and Sunday. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over) & Military Directions • I-255 north to Seminary Road, left to Harris, turn left at course Leagues • Senior Scramble, Ladies, Couples Phone • 618-462-1456
43. YORKTOWN Course • 18 holes, par 54, yardage 2,257 Green fees • $22 with cart for 18 holes everyday, $15 for 9 holes; $16 without cart for 18 holes, $11 for 9 holes. Cart • $6 for 18 holes (per person), $4 for 9 holes (per person). Discounts • Seniors (55 and over) and military: $20 with cart for 18 holes, $13 for 9 holes; $14 without cart for 18 holes, $9 for 9 holes. Directions • I-64 to Greenmount, right to Lebanon, right to Anderson and turn left Leagues • Senior (Monday and Wednesday morning), Men (Tuesday night), Women (Wednesday night), Couples (Thursday night) Phone • 618-233-2000
YOUR SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDES
ALL ACCESS, ALL THE TIME. Activate your digital account online and enjoy: • enhanced, digital experience • faster loading pages • e-Edition access • Reader Rewards • and more
Activate before you hit the links:
24 months Zero % Interest on qualifying Equipment • Residential Specialist • 10 year Labor Warranty • 10 year Parts Warranty • Licensed & Bonded • Flexible Financing with No Money Down
39. TRIPLE LAKES Course • 18 holes, par 72, yardage 6,205 Green fees • $29 MondayFriday for 18 holes with cart, $36 weekends; $20/$23 without cart. $19 for 9 holes with cart weekdays, $22 weekends; $15/$17 without cart. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $24 Monday-Friday for 18 holes with cart; 18 holes walking $18. For nine holes: $17 with cart, $14 walking. Every Sunday: 4 greens fees with cart for $128. Twilight rates after 1 p.m.: $25 with cart MondayFriday, $29 weekends with cart. Tuesday after noon, 18 holes $22 with cart. Replay is $10 for 9, $15 for 18. Directions • Jefferson Barracks Bridge to Route 3 south, turn onto Highway 158 for three miles to Triple Lake Road and turn left for 2½ miles. Leagues • Senior two-person scramble (Wednesday morning), $26 per player. Call for starting time. Phone • 618-476-9985
41. WOLVES CROSSING Course • 18 holes, par 71, yardage 6,028 Green fees • $27
Pre Season Savings
Fast Reliable Service! Local Utility Rebate $300.00 to $950.00
A/C Tone Up EXP 4/30/19
$25.00 to $300.00
A Service Call Discount is not applied to Diagnostics Change EXP 4/30/19 May not offer services in all areas. Rebate may vary on areas and utility service provider. Other limitation and restriction may apply.
VOTED #1 ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN
ST. CHARLES 2019 ff 10%ito h
w ID student
, ine in only valid on dID per one person
Meet & Greets with your favorite movie characters!
er Charactre at a s t h Nig allon the O’Fio locat n only
40. TWIN OAKS Course • 9 holes, par 36, yardage 3,200 Green fees • $22 Thursday, all you can play with cart; $25 for 18 holes with cart Monday-Frida and $18 for 9 holes with cart MondayFriday. Weekends $22 for 9 holes with cart, $30 for for 18 holes with cart. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over): $20 for 18 holes, $16 for 9 holes, includes cart Monday-Friday. Directions • I-64 east to Hwy. 50 east, north on Route 127, eight miles north of Carlyle or 70 east to Route 143 east, exit 30, to 127 south Leagues • Men (Wednesday night-drop in skins), Senior (two-person scramble on first Friday of month), women (Tuesday nights) and couples (Friday nights). Phone • 618-749-5611
Serving All Makes and Models
Super Spring Savings!
Course • 9 holes, par 35, yardage 2,886 Green fees • $24 for 18 holes every day with cart, $26 for 18 holes weekends with cart, $14.50 for 18 holes Monday-Friday to walk, $17 for 18 holes weekends to walk; $14.50 for 9 holes weekdays with cart, $16 for 9 holes weekends with cart, $8.50 for 9 holes MondayFriday to walk, $10 for 9 holes weekends to walk. Discounts • Seniors (55 and over), students rates available. Directions • East on Broadway in Alton and north on Washington, left on College Avenue for halfmile and turn right on Rock Spring Park. Phone • 618-465-9898
Route 140 exit, make a left, go 2½ miles and make a left into Gordon Moore Park and follow signs Leagues • yes Phone • 618-465-3111
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
SIX LOCATIONS TO SERVE YOU WINGHAVEN (636) 625-3333
VETERAN’S MEMORIAL PARKWAY P: (636) 272-3499 or (636) 272-STEF
JUNGERMANN ROAD P: (636) 447-7800
Upcoming Characters: April 16 - Ariel May 21 - Anna/Elsa www.stefspizza.com CHESTERFIELD P: (636) 530-9200
ELM STREET P: (636) 723-7800
ZUMBEHL ROAD P: (636) 724-7800
Come Play A Round! JOACHIM GOLF COURSE
959 Scenic Drive • Herculaneum, MO 636-479-4101 Only a few minutes from South County located just off of 1-55
Weekday Rates Weekend Rates Mon - Fri Cart Ask About Our Membership Specials
9 Holes 18 Holes 9 Holes 18 Holes $ $ $ 21 Sat-Sun/Holidays $15 12 18 $ $ $ $ Cart 7 11 7 11
Early Weekend Tee Times Available Bring a 4some for $25 per person Play 9 or 18 holes on Zoysia fairways on a par 36, picturesque, well-maintained course.
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G17
Charity tournaments DATE: EVENT/CHARITY April 22: TASK Spring Classic April 27: Joe Balota Memorial Tournament to benefit Siteman Cancer Center April 29: Links for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society May 3: HACEMOS Scholarship Golf Classic May 6: St. Charles County YMCA May 14: South City Family YMCA & Carondelet Park Rec Complex May 16: Edward Jones YMCA May 16: 19th Annual Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament May 17: Grace Zykan Memorial for Soroptimist International of Greater St. Louis May 19: Eureka Knights of Columbus May 20: Circle of Concern’s 15th Annual Charity Golf Tournament May 28: Chaminade Golf Tournament June 3: Four Rivers Family YMCA Tee Up for Kids June 9: Rachel Mueth Memorial Golf Tournament June 10: Lukas Wine and Spirits/Eye Care Charity of Mid-America June 10: Marygrove Golf Tournament in memory of Jeff Clinton June 10: 3rd Annual KTRS Open benefiting Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital June 12: YMCA Trout Lodge & Camp Lakewood 27th Annual Charity Golf Tournament June 17: Swing Fore Hope Golf Tournament to benefit Siteman Cancer Center June 24: Tee Off For Life Tournament to benefit Our Lady’s Inn Maternity Homes July 1: Folds of Honor Charity Golf Tournament July 11: Wildwood Family YMCA 17th Annual Golf Tournament July 15: Mid-County Family YMCA July 18: Chesterfield Family YMCA 39th Annual Golf Classic July 20: 9th Annual Wendy Knop Memorial Golf Tournament July 20: 26th Annual Friends of Betty Schildroth Golf Tournament July 26: Monroe County YMCA-HTC Center Aug. 3: St. Charles Friends of Birthright Aug. 3: Clayton Pfeiffer Golf Tournament Aug. 12: Cindann M. Bernat Cancer Awareness Golf Tournament to benefit Siteman Cancer Center Aug. 12: Joe Strauss Memorial Tournament to benefit Siteman Cancer Center Aug. 15: Volunteers In Medicine St. Charles Clinic Aug. 26: South County Family YMCA Sept. 9: Sts. Joachim and Ann Care Service Sept. 9: 7th annual Charity Golf Outing benefiting Valley Industries Sept. 20: Buddy Fund Classic to support at-risk youth in St. Louis Sept. 27: Alan Green 4 Chesed/Big Brothers, Big Sisters, Ronald McDonald House Oct. 4: Garrett C. Reuter Sr. Memorial Golf Classic to benefit Siteman Cancer Center Oct. 7: 3rd Annual Kirkwood Area Every Child Promise Tournament Oct. 12: STL Golf for the Cure to benefit Siteman Cancer Center
COURSE Sunset Country Club Triple Lakes Golf Course Old Hickory Golf Club Crescent Farms Golf Club Lake Forest Golf Club Forest Park Whitmoor Country Club Raintree Country Club Eagle Springs Golf Course Birch Creek Golf Club Aberdeen Golf Club Sunset Country Club Franklin County Country Club Paradise Valley Legends Forest Hills Country Club Forest Park Tapawingo National Golf Club Far Oaks Golf Club Greenbriar Hills Country Club Whitmoor Country Club The Legends Country Club Forest Park The Legends Country Club Links at Dardenne The Rail, Springfield, Ill. Annbriar Golf Course Links at Dardenne Gateway National Orchards Golf Course Westborough County Club Whitmoor Sunset Country Club Bogey Hills Spencer T. Olin Forest Park Landings at Spirit of St. Louis Far Oaks Golf Club Westborough County Club Eagle Springs Golf Course
CONTACT INFORMATION 636-343-8275, www.tasksports.org email@example.com 314-504-1599, linksforleukemia.golfgenus.com firstname.lastname@example.org, stlhacemos.com 636-928-1928, email@example.com 314-644-3100, firstname.lastname@example.org 314-439-9962, email@example.com Matt Woods at 636-789-3532 314-398-3940, soroptimiststlouis.com 314-496-0230, firstname.lastname@example.org 636-861-2623 314-993-4400 636-239-5704, Benita.email@example.com 314-484-6028, firstname.lastname@example.org 314-736-1400, email@example.com 314-830-6209 or firstname.lastname@example.org 314-453-5534, www.ktrs.com/ktrs-golf-tournament/ 314-241-9622, email@example.com swingforehope.org 314-736-1544 ourladysinn.org/upcoming-events/ 636-328-7005, firstname.lastname@example.org 636-458-6636, email@example.com 314-965-9611, firstname.lastname@example.org 636-532-3100, email@example.com Letisha Scott at 314-813-2002, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com 618-281-9622, firstname.lastname@example.org 314-677-7446, 636-345-1022 claytonpfeiffer.com 314-620-8946 email@example.com 314-471-6752, Benchnorm@hotmail.com 314-849-9622, firstname.lastname@example.org 636-441-1302 ext. 300, email@example.com 314-731-1771 www.valleyind.net 314-285-6241, firstname.lastname@example.org ag4chesed.org www.facebook.com/gcrsfoundation/ 314-651-1552, email@example.com www.stlouisgolfforthecure.com
Area schedules ST. LOUIS DISTRICT GOLF ASSOCIATION Jack Geiss, Two-Man Team Wilson District Challenge Bob Cochran Mid-Am Hardin Junior Championship Etzkorn Pro 3 Senior Griesedieck Men’s Saloman Father & Son Cassett Senior Championship Jim Benson Memorial Jim Jackson Invitational
St. Clair Country Club Norwood Hills County Club Fox Run Golf Club Westborough County Club Sunset Hills Country Club Algonquin Golf Club St. Albans WingHaven Country Club Old Hickory Golf Club Greenbriar Hills
MISSOURI GOLF ASSOCIATION — WOMEN April 28 May 9 May 13 June 3-4 June 26 July 18-21 Aug. 2 Aug. 19-20 Sept. 17-18 Oct. 19-20
USGA QUALIFYING EVENTS U.S. Open First Stage U.S. Junior Amateur U.S. Girls Junior Amateur U.S. Amateur U.S. Senior Amateur U.S. Senior Women’s Amateur U.S. Mid-Amateur U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur U.S. Amateur Four-Ball
Fox Run Quincy (Ill.) CC Quincy (Ill.) CC Meadowbrook Aberdeen Aberdeen WingHaven WingHaven Old Hickory
May 6 June 25 July 22-23 July 22-23 July 29 July 29 Aug. 12 Aug. 12 Oct. 9
Two-Lady Scramble Women’s Amateur/Mid-Amateur Championship Parent-Child Championship, The Club at Porto Cima Women’s Fore State Team (Invitation only) Women’s Senior Amateur Championship Missouri Senior Women Stroke Play Missouri Par 3 Team Championship
WingHaven Bogey Hills Sunrise Beach, Mo. Shadow Valley, Rogers, Ark. Lakewood Oaks, Lee’s Summit, Mo. Milwood, Ozark, Mo. Top of the Rock, Hollister, Mo.
May 21-22 July 15-17 July 29-30 July 28-30 Oct. 1-2 Sept. 9-10 Oct. 5-6
MISSOURI GOLF ASSOCIATION — MEN Jefferson City CC Four Ball Championship Senior Four Ball Championship Missouri Amateur Championship Stroke Play Championship Parent Child Championship Four Ball Championship Mid-Amateur Championship JCCC Memorial Senior Amateur Championship Missouri Par 3 Team Championship Hieronymous Cup Matches (invitation only) Midwest Cup (invitation only)
Jefferson City The Golf Club at Creekmoor, Raymore, Mo. Hickory Hills, Springfield, Mo. Glen Echo The Club at Porto Cima, Sunrise Beach, Mo. St. Albans Jefferson City Country Club Lake Forest Top of the Rock, Hollister, Mo. Dalhousie Golf Club, Cape Girardeau, Mo. Sentryworld Golf Club, Stevens Point, Wis.
May 4-5 May 22-23 June 18-23 July 8-10 July 29-30 Aug. 10-11 Aug. 24-25 Sept. 18-19 Oct. 5-6 Oct. 12-13 Sept. 26-29
BR A N D AV E. ST U DIOS CON T EN T
New “Bucket List” destination for golfers: Big Cedar Lodge Sponsored content provided by Big Cedar Lodge
Best maintained course in the Metro East
18 hole Championship golf course Driving Range Competitive pricing / low rates Just 25 minutes from Downtown St. Louis Belk Park Golf Course 880 Belk Park Rd Wood River IL 62095 618-251-3115 www.belkpark.com
he Ozark Mountains of Missouri are most commonly known by tourists as a travel destination for those looking to connect with the great outdoors. The region offers beautiful waterways and scenic mountains, and now Big Cedar Lodge is adding world-class golf to the Ozarks’ list of one-of-a-kind outdoor experiences. Big Cedar Lodge is a remote haven of natural beauty that truly brings conservation to life through nature-inspired accommodations, immersive wildlife attractions and breathtaking views. Inspired by a commitment to conservation, Johnny Morris, the founder of Bass Pro Shops, created Big Cedar Lodge to encourage visitors and their families to connect with the great outdoors. Perhaps the most extraordinary way to enjoy the great outdoors at Big Cedar Lodge is through the game of golf. The resort already boasts three courses: Top of the Rock, a 9-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Par-3 course (the first Par-3 course to be featured in a PGA TOUR-sanctioned event); Buffalo Ridge Springs, an 18-hole Championship course designed by Tom Fazio; and Mountain Top, a 13hole Par-3 course designed by golf legend Gary Player.
Ozarks National Hole No. 8 Photo by Evan Schiller
Ozarks National is the newest Big Cedar course designed by esteemed golf architect duo Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw. The Par-71 course is built across a ridgetop with dramatic hole layouts and spectacular views of the surrounding valleys. Unique to Coore and Crenshaw’s design philosophy, the course is made to
fit the natural landscape and offers golfers an immersive, walkable experience. This year, Ozarks National will be one of two Big Cedar courses to host the PGA Champions TOUR event, the Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge. Public tee times can now be booked for the week following the tournament, beginning April 29.
Payne’s Valley Photo by Big Cedar Lodge
Next on Big Cedar’s increasingly impressive list of courses is Payne’s Valley, the first ever public-access course designed by Tiger Woods and TGR Designs. Both avid outdoorsmen, Tiger Woods and Johnny Morris have shared a longtime friendship after Woods purchased a Bass Tracker fishing boat following his Masters victory in 1997. “When we contemplated building another golf course at Big Cedar, my son and I visited Tiger’s new Bluejack National course in Texas and we were both blown away! It is a truly breathtakingly beautiful place very reminiscent of Augusta National. After spending more time with Tiger and his team, it became apparent to us that Tiger is extremely dedicated to applying his worldly knowledge of golf to develop great courses,” said Mr. Morris. Payne’s Valley, named after Ozarks native and legendary golfer Payne Stewart, will set itself apart from the other offerings with its visually appealing layout, pristine water features, large fairways and large greens. The course will open for preview play as early as this summer. A grand opening for the entire course is scheduled for spring 2020.
This content was produced by Brand Ave. Studios in collaboration with the Big Cedar Lodge. The news and editorial departments of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch had no role in its creation or display. For more information about Brand Ave. Studios, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
G18 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
Area schedules GATEWAY PGA PROFESSIONAL Quad-Pro Assistants Pro Am Stroke Play #1 GPGA Match Play Stroke Play #2 Web.com Qualifier Pro-One Am Stoke Play #3 Team Champ. Stroke Play #4 Pro-Sr Pro-Am Pro-Ladies Pro Am Senior Pro Ch. Southern Illinois Open Tower Tee GPGA Professional Ch. Slice of Life Pro-Am Scratch Pro-Am Assist. Champ. Gateway PGA Pro-Am Ozzie & Friends Pro-Am Stroke Pay #5 Lake Team Event Players Championship Pro-Assistant Champ.
Old Hickory GC Bogey Hills CC Norwood Hills CC St. Clair CC The Legends Annbriar, Gateway The Legends The Quarry Forest Hills CC Persimmon Woods Sunset CC Westborough CC Glen Echo Quail Creek Oakbrook Golf Club Jefferson City CC Crab Orchard GC Lake Forest St. Albans Dalhousie GC Meadowbrook Panther Creek Various Courses Meadowbrook CC Greenbriar Hills
March 25 April 15 April 22 May 20-22 May 28 June 10 June 17 June 24 July 1 July 8 July 16 July 22 July 29-30 Aug. 4-5 Aug. 12 Aug. 19-20 Aug. 23 Aug. 26 Sept. 3 Sept. 16 Sept. 23 Sept. 30 Oct. 14-16 Oct. 21 Oct. 28
Spring Event, Spring JDT Spring Event, Spring JDT Spring Event, Spring JDT Spring JDT Gateway PGA Parent Child Spring Event Spring Event Spring Event, JDT Spring Event Spring Event 2-Day 9 Hole, 18 Hole 2-Day JDT 1 9 Hole, JDT 2 9 Hole, 18, Tune-Up 9 Hole, JDT 3 9 Hole, 18 Hole 9 Hole, JDT 4 9 Hole, 18, JDT 5 Tour Tune-Up 9 Hole, 18, Tune-Up Junior PGA IMG Jr World Qual. 9 Hole, 18, Tune-Up 2-Day 9 Hole, JDT 6 9 Hole, 18, Tune-Up 9 Hole, JDT 7 9 Hole, 18, JDT 8 2-Day 2-Day 9 Hole, 18, Tune-Up 9 Hole, 18, Tune-Up 9 Hole, 18, JDT 9 2-Day 9 Hole, 18, Tune-Up 9 Hole, JDT 10 9 Hole 2-Day 9 Hole, JDT 11 9 Hole, 18 Hole 2-Day Division Champ.
Spencer T Olin Eagle Springs Rolling Hills Rolling Hills Pheasant Run Woodsfort St. Clair Oakbrook Columbia Jeff City Gateway Oakbrook Crescent Crescent Creve Coeur Arlington Pheasant Woods Fort Ruth Park Spencer Spencer Annbriar Annbriar Bear Creek Quarry Sunset Ballwin Tapawingo Hawk Ridge Eagle Spgs. St. Albans Legends Gateway Old Hickory Oakbrook Persimmon Stonewolf Ruth Park Forest Hills Dalhousie Ballwin Tamarack Bogey Hills WingHaven
METROPOLITAN AMATEUR GOLF ASSOCIATION
MAGA AMATEUR SERIES
Old Warson Cup Normandie Amateur Open Championship Women’s Championship 9-Hole Championship Junior Championship East Side Amateur Amateur Championship Senior Championship Sobbe Cup Semis/Final Four-Ball Championship
Event 1 Event 2 Event 3 Event 4 Event 5 Event 6 Championship
Old Warson Country Club May 4-5 Normandie Golf Club May 18-19 St. Albans June 4-7 Gateway National June 17-18 Ballwin June 29 The Bogey Club July 1-2 Spencer T. Olin July 13-14 Aberdeen Aug. 1-3 Annbriar Aug. 26-27 Lake Forest Sept. 20 Franklin County Sept. 22-23
OTHER EVENTS Publinx Open Forest Park St. Louis City Championship Forest Park
March 31 April 7 April 14 April 14 April 20 April 28 May 5 May 11 May 18 May 19 May 28-29 May 31 June 3-4 June 3 June 5 June 6 June 7 June 10 June 11 June 12 June 12 June 13 June 17-18 June 19 June 20 June 24-25 June 24 June 26 June 27 June 28 July 1-2 July 8-9 July 10 July 11 July 12 July 15-16 July 17 July 18 July 19 July 22-23 July 25 July 26 July 29-30 Aug. 5-6
May 5 July 27-28
WingHaven Woods Fort, Troy, Mo. Links at Dardenne Florissant Golf Club Lake Forest Sunset Hills Tapawingo
April 29 May 13 June 14 July 19 Aug. 19 Sept. 13 Oct. 5-6
ACCELERATED GOLF TOUR Far Oaks Golf Club Bogey Hills Country Club Lake Forest Country Club Missouri Bluffs Whitmoor County Club Dalhousie Golf Club Annbriar Golf Course Forest Hills Country Club
June 5-6 June 23-24 July 7-8 July 9-10 July 24-25 July 30-31 Aug. 1-2 Aug. 5-6
Great Daily Rates Memberships Available Military, Senior & Youth Discounts
18 Hole • Par 3
GATEWAY PGA JUNIOR
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
DRIVING RANGE PUTTING GREEN CLUB HOUSE
Leagues forming for men, women, couples and seniors Summer Camps & Leagues for Youth
For More Information 618.233.2000 300 Goalby Dr., Shiloh, IL 62221
' $)&& (&)#!%& $,) (&*!,)( '*" $'+!-!&(
Finding the Right P lace Just Got Easier!
Call 636.893.4194 Tami Barnes Chesterfield.OasisSeniorAdvisors.com TBarnes@YourOasisAdvisor.com Contact your Local Senior Living Advisor Today!
Where one great course leads to another
Book your Lake of the Ozarks Golf Trail Getaway Package today to experience 13 incredible courses at one unforgettable destination! For more information, contact us at 1-800-490-8474 or visit www.OzarksGolfTrail.info.
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
PGA Professional on Staff for Lessons & Tournament Organizations!
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G19
PGA Tour schedule Season started on Oct. 4
18-Hole Championship Golf Course • Driving Range & Practice Facility Putting and Chipping Greens New Range Balls
• 2 HD Golf Simulators Leagues, Tournaments , Lessons & Driving Range
• Restaurant & Banquet Facility Weddings, Receptions, Rehearsal Dinners, Showers & Parties
Indoor Golf Simulator The Orchards Golf Club is excited to announce the addition of a second HD Golf Simulator! Offering the best graphics available on an indoor golf simulator, you'll feel like you are actually teeing it up at many of the best golf courses on the planet.
Fall & Winter Leagues Monthly 2 Person Scramble Events ASSOCIATED PRESS
Find the best rates with no booking fees 24/7 @ orchardsgolfclub.com
Military & Senior discount rates available
Join our e-club for specials & Birthday Club for a free round of golf.
• Thursday Senior scramble 9:00am shotgun • Thursday 2-person scramble starting at 5:30 pm • Summer & Fall Jr. Golf Camps Now Forming 1499 Golf Course Drive Belleville, IL 62220 618.233.8921 orchardsgolfclub.com
April 4-7 April 11-14 April 18-21 April 25-28 May 2-5 May 9-12 May 16-19 May 23-26 May 30-June 2 June 6-9 June 13-16 June 20-23 June 27-30 July 4-7 July 11-14 July 18-21 July 18-21 July 25-28 July 25-28 Aug. 1-4 Aug. 8-11 Aug. 15-18 Aug. 22-25
Valero Texas Open, TPC San Antonio (AT&T Oaks) Masters, Augusta National GC RBC Heritage, Harbour Town GL Zurich Classic, TPC Louisiana Wells Fargo Championship, Quail Hollow Club AT&T Byron Nelson, Trinity Forest GC PGA Championship, Bethpage State Park (Black) Charles Schwab Challenge, Colonial CC Memorial, Muirfield Village GC RBC Canadian Open, Hamilton Golf & CC US Open, Pebble Beach GL Travelers Championship, TPC River Highlands Rocket Mortage Classic, Detroit GC 3M Open, TPC Twin Cities John Deere Classic, TPC Deere Run British Open, Royal Portrush GC
San Antonio Augusta, Ga. Hilton Head Island, S.C. Avondale, La. Charlotte, N.C. Dallas Farmingdale, N.Y. Fort Worth, Texas Dublin, Ohio Hamilton, Ontario Pebble Beach, Calif. Cromwell, Conn. Detroit Blaine, Minn. Silvis, Ill. Portrush, Northern Ireland BarbasolChampionship,KeeneTraceGC(ChampionsTrace) Nicholasville, Ky. WGC-FedEx Invitational, TPC Southwind Memphis, Tenn. Reno-Tahoe Tournament, Montreaux Golf & CC Reno, Nev. Wyndham Championship, Sedgefield CC Greensboro, N.C. The Northern Trust, Liberty National GC Jersey City, N.J. BMW Championship, Medina CC (No. 3) Medinah, Ill. Tour Championship, East Lake GC Atlanta
200 ARLINGTON DRIVE GRANITE CITY, ILLINOIS 62040 618-931-5232 WWW .A RLINGTON G REENS . COM A Starr Golf Managed Facility.
– Golf requires goofy pants and a funny hat
REALITY – Golf requires strength, flexibility and balance. If you already own the goofy pants and hat…come see us to add the strength, flexibility, and balance.
PowerPlay Personal Training 12878 Manchester Rd • DesPeres, Missouri 63131
314 909 1995 Serving St. Louis Since 1993
• 18 Hole Public Golf Course • Scramble and League Opportunities Are Available • Learn to Golf From PGA Pros • Bring This Ad & Receive a Free Small Bucket of Range Balls CATEGORY WEEKDAY WEEKEND 18 HOLES W/CART $32.00 $40.00 9 HOLES W/CART $23.00 $26.00 $25.00 SR. 18 HOLES W/CART (50+) $20.00 SR. 9 HOLES W/CART (50+) Winter Rates 18 Hole (Start 11/1) $20.00 $25.00 Winter Rates 9 Hole (Start 11/1) $15.00 $15.00 18 HOLES WALKING $20.00 9 HOLES WALKING $15.00 TWILIGHT RATE (1 PM) $25.00 $27.00 SuPeR TwiLiGHT (2:30) $20.00 7 dAyS A week!
Swing away... in ILLINOIS SOUTH Arlington Greens, Granite City
G20 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
LPGA Tour schedule
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
Your Friendly Hometown !-#".& %(,)+').*)$
Season started on Jan. 17
SENIOR SCRAMBLE! Compete in 2-person Senior Scramble events each Thursday morning—enjoy 18 holes, cart, lunch and chance for prizes! Sung Hyun Park
April 4-7 April 17-20 April 25-28 May 2-5 May 23-26 May 30-June 2 June 7-9 June 13-16 June 20-23 June 27-30 July 4-7 July 11-14 July 18-21 July 25-28 Aug. 1-4 Aug. 8-11
ANA Inspiration, Mission Hills CC, LOTTE Championship, Ko Olina GC Hugel-Air Premia LA Open, Wilshire GC LPGA Mediheal Championship, Lake Merced GC Pure Silk Championship, Kingsmill Resort U.S. Women’s Open, CC of Charleston ShopRite LPGA Classic, Stockton Seaview Hotel and GC Meijer LPGA Classic, Blythefield CC KPMG Women’s PGA Championship, Hazeltine GC Walmart NW Arkansas Championship, Pinnacle CC Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic, Thornberry Creek at Oneida Marathon Classic, Highland Meadows GC Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational, Midland CC The Evian Championship, Evian Resort GC AIG Women’s British Open, Woburn GC Aberdeen Standard Investments Ladies Scottish Open The Renaissance Club Aug. 22-25 CP Women’s Open, Magna GC Aug.29-Sept.1 Cambia Portland Classic, Columbia-Edgewater CC Sept. 13-15 SolheimCup,TheGleneaglesHotel(PGACentenaryCourse) Sept. 26-29 Indy Women in Tech Championship, Brickyard Crossing Oct. 3-6 Volunteers of America Classic, Old America GC Oct. 17-20 Buick LPGA Shanghai, Shanghai Qizhong Garden GC Oct. 24-27 BMW Ladies Championship, LPGA International Busan Oct. 31-Nov. 3 Swinging Skirts LPGA Taiwan Championship Nov. 8-10 TOTO Japan Classic, Seta GC Nov. 21-24 CME Group Tour Championship, Tiburon GC
Rancho Mirage, Calif. Kapolei, Hawaii Los Angeles Daly City, Calif. Williamsburg, Va. Charleston, S.C. Galloway, N.J. Grand Rapids, Mich. Chaska, Minn. Rogers, Ark. Oneida, Wis. Sylvania, Ohio Midland, Mich. Evian-les-Bains, France Milton Keynes, England NorthBerwick,Scotland Aurora, Ontario Portland, Ore. Auchterarder, Scotland Indianapolis The Colony, Texas Shanghai Busan, South Korea TBA Shiga, Japan Naples, Fla.
FORE HONOR GOLF & EVENT CENTER AT DEER CREEK USA
St. Peters Golf Club Tournament Packages Throw a fun worry-free event! Customized just for you, perfect for fundraisers, memorial benefits, business outings, team-building and more!
NEW TOURNAMENT PAVILION!
$50! Got Your PREFERRED PASS? FREE First Day! Great for Frequent Customers!
5300 Dulin Creek Rd., House Springs MO 63051
www.Forehonor.com www.deercreekusa.com www.forehonorfoundation.org
FREE DAILY GREENS FEE HONOR MEMBERSHIPS to All Military, Veterans & First Emergency Responders (Police, Fire, Rescue & EMT) Honoring those who Serve, Protect, Defend & Sacrifice Giving Back to Those Who Give Every Day
Opening Spring 2019! Also visit The Shack– perfect to refuel with food or drinks during your round of golf!
Reserve Your Event! 636-279-8271
★ Unique First of Its Kind Healing All Honors Course and Event Center
★ Proud Fore Honor Foundation PTSD Wellness & Services Center Non-Profit Headquarters
We are the Proud Headquarters of the
Fore Honor Foundation 501(c)3, The Amvets Post 30 and the Veterans Center Remote Access Office.
Open To The Public When Booking Leagues, Tournaments, and Special Events, Proceeds Assist the Fore Honor Foundation! We need your support! If you'd like to volunteer, donate a skill or product to help in this Vision and Mission of Honor, Thank you! Call 636-671-0447 or visit www.forehonorfoundation.org
Your Friendly Hometown Golfing Experience! 200 Salt Lick Road • 636-397-2227 • www.stpetersmo.net/golf
04.07.2019 • Sunday • M 1
Experience Public Golf at its finest. Seniors Play $ for 7 Days a Week
ST. LOuIS POST-dISPaTCH • G21
PGA Tour champions schedule Season started on Jan. 17
in 2018! - 18 Hole Course for All Skill Levels - full Service restaurant & Snack Bar - Beautiful Patio overlooking the 18th - full Pro Shop & rental Clubs - Professional Quality greens - Senior Scramble every Thursday
Ask for free Loyalty Card. Play 5 rounds - get one free resident Discounts & Loyalty Program
Florissant Golf Club 50 Country C Club Ln, Florissant MO 63033
314-741-7444 f lorissantgolfclub.com
LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION.
April 19-21 April 26-28 May 3-5 May 9-12 May 23-26 May 31-June 2 June 7-9 June 21-23 June 27-30 July 11-14 July 25-28 Aug. 16-18 Aug. 23-25 Aug.30-Sept.1 Sept. 13-15 Sept. 20-22 Sept. 27-29 Oct. 11-13 Oct. 18-20 Nov. 1-3 Nov. 7-10 Dec. 5-8
Mitsubishi Electric Classic, TPC Sugarloaf Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, Top of the Rock Insperity Invitational, The Woodlands CC Regions Tradition, Greystone G&CC KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship, Oak Hill CC Principal Charity Classic, Wakonda Club
Duluth, Ga. Ridgedale, Mo. The Woodlands, Texas Birmingham, Ala. Rochester, N.Y. Des Moines, Iowa Mastercard Japan Championship, Narita Golf Club-Accordia Golf Narita-shi, Japan American Family Insurance Championship, University Ridge GC Madison, Wis. U.S. Senior Open Championship, Warren Golf Course Notre Dame South Bend, Ind. Bridgestone SENIOR PLAYERS Championship, Firestone CC Akron, Ohio The Senior Open Championship, Royal Lytham & St. Annes LythamSt.Annes,England DICK’S Sporting Goods Open, En-Joie GC Endicott, N.Y. Boeing Classic, The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge Snoqualmie, Wash. Shaw Charity Classic, Canyon Meadows G&CC Calgary, Alberta The Ally Challenge, Warwick Hills G&CC Grand Blanc, Mich. Sanford International, Minnehaha CC Sioux Falls, S.D. PURE Insurance Championship, Pebble Beach GL Pebble Beach, Calif. SAS Championship, Prestonwood CC Cary, N.C. Dominion Energy Charity Classic, The Country Club of Virginia Richmond, Va. Invesco QQQ Championship, Sherwood CC Thousand Oaks, Calif. Charles Schwab Cup Championship Phoenix CC PNC Father Son Challenge, Ritz-Carlton GC Orlando, Fla.
0% For 36 Months
We Are Missouri’s Largest Husqvarna Dealer
W.A.C. On Any Husqvarna Purchase
Honda GCV160 Engine Bag, Mulch, Or Discharge Front Wheel Drive Self Propelled Rear High Wheel MZ61 KAW
24 HP Kawasaki Engine 61” Fabricated Cutting Deck Grease-able Blade Spindles ZT3100 Hydro Gear Transaxles 5 Gallon Fuel Tank
Swing on over to Ruth Park Golf Course. • One of the nicest municipal courses in the area since 1931. • Convenient, affordable, zoysia fairways, bent grass greens. • Newly renovated driving range with grass tees and 25 hitting stations.
Robotic AUTOMOWER Up to 1.25 Acres of Cut Starting at $1599.99 THE MOWER THAT CUTS YOUR LAWN BY ITSELF! You will never push or ride on a mower again! Electric rechargeable battery, NO Costly Maintenance FREE Standard Installation on any in stock AutoMower* - see store for compete details.*
• Located in University City, 1 mile north of Delmar Blvd.
We Now Are a TORO Dealer Sales, Service and Parts We have a large section of ZTR’s and Personal Pace Walk Mowers
314-727-4800 ruthparkgolf.org • 8211 Groby Rd. • U. City, MO 63132
FREE small bucket with any bucket purchase.
ZTR’s Featuring the MyRide Suspension for the Z-Master - Titian HD - TimeCutter HD Personal Pace Walk Mower 30” TimeCutter - Recycler - Super Recycler
Spring Savings $500 up to $1500 off Select Zero Turn Mowers Plus 0% for 36 months Financing w.a.c. - See Store for Details
Valid through June 30, 2019. Please present coupon.
636-327-6232 201 W Pearce Blvd Wentzville, MO 63385
www.ehllswa.com Hours Mon-Fri 8 am - 5:30 pm Sat 8 am - 4:30 pm
G22 • ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
M 1 • SUnDAy • 04.07.2019
4324 Weber Road • St. Louis, MO • 63123 314/631-2440 • kenricks.com
Your Golf Tournament Meal Specialist Let us make your next tournament a hit. From our Full Service BBQ’s On-Site to a simple delivery, Kenrick’s makes it easy and delicious! Please contact us to make your next event a success! Check out our complete list of menus at kenricks.com!
Hit a Hole in One with Kenrick’s This Year!
Golf Guide 2019