Agassiz/Harrison Mills Circle Farm Tour
A self-guided farm tour of Agassiz’s & Harrison Mills Farm Country
1. Agassiz-Harrison Museum & Agassiz Visitor Information Centre Located in Pioneer Park, the museum and visitor centre is housed in a Canadian Pacific Railway Station built in 1893. Enjoy a wealth of information from the past to the present relating to the Agassiz Harrison area. New for 2012 will be our new “Out Building” featuring local agricultural equipment from years gone by.
2. Canadian Hazelnut Hazelnuts – that’s us! We grow, process & sell a variety of certified organic products including fresh, roasted, candied, chocolate dipped & bark, flour, protein powders, cold pressed oils, butter & chocolate spread, as well as gift baskets for all occasions. Come & enjoy a walk in our orchard & enjoy a self-guided tour. U-pick during September & October. Daily - Jan - Mar 10 - 4 |April - June 10 - 5 July - Labour Day 9 - 6 | Sept - Dec 9 - 5 Closed December 24 thru January 3, 2011 6682 Lougheed (#7) Highway | 604.796.2136 firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Back Porch Dan & Lynda invite you to visit their pottery studio, or watch coffee being roasted in a circa 1919 Flame Roaster. Head out to the barn for antiques, collectibles, & other home or garden décor items. Fresh Russian Red Garlic is available in-season. Character buildings, chickens & ongoing garden projects make this a fun & relaxing experience. OPEN Thurs - Sun 11 – 5 | Closed Dec 25, 2012 to Mar 1, 2013 6116 Golf Road | 604.796.9871 | email@example.com
4. The Farm House Natural Cheeses We make a large range of artisan cheeses & dairy products right on our family farm using the rich pure milk from our own cows & goats. The farm shop also offers local & regional food, gelati ice cream, & quality gifts. Watch the cheesemaking process through the viewing windows, & enjoy the taste of pure country! Check our website for special events on the farm. Mon - Sat 10 - 5 | Sun 1 - 5 Closed: January, Easter Sunday, Dec. 25 & 26 5634 McCallum Road | 604.796.8741 firstname.lastname@example.org | www.farmhousecheeses.com
5. Tasty Chicken Farm You will come for the poultry, & you will stay for the opulent scenery. Our chicken & turkey are raised over 5 pristine acres between a hazelnut orchard, a towering hillside & lush, reclaimed wetlands. Plan ahead to take home fresh whole meats in May, July & September. No additives, non-medicated, organic-fed, open fields, fresh water, halal certified and darn tasty! Mon, Thurs & Fri 11 -6 | Sat 2 - 6, July & August Sun only 2 - 6 Winter hours: Thurs - Sat 2 - 6, Closed Oct 5 to 19 1800 Ashton Road | 604.796.9347 www.tastychicken.ca - order online!
A 1920s living history site features our 1906 general store museum, post office and Manchester House Hotel. Enjoy costumed interpreters, children’s activities & working heritage farm with friendly farm animals. Also on site is the Kilby Restaurant featuring a traditional home-style lunch menu, where everything is made from scratch, and the unique Kilby Gift Shop. Apr 5 – May 17 | Thurs – Mon 11 – 4 May 17 – Sept 3 | Open Daily 11 – 5 Sept 3 – Oct 15 | Thurs – Mon 11 – 4 215 Kilby Road, Harrison Mills 604.796.9576 | email@example.com | www.kilby.ca
You can’t leave the Corn Capital of BC without the best corn you’ve ever tasted! Our corn & strawberries are handpicked daily, & field ripened for the highest quality & freshness, guaranteed! Our strawberries are ready by June followed by everyone’s favourite sweet corn, Peaches n’ Cream & Super Sweet Jubilee! The small green & yellow hip roofed barn on Hwy #9 Drive Thru June-Sept 10 – 6, daily. Hwy #9 turn off to Agassiz 604.819.3078 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.chilliwackcorn.com
B. Agassiz Farm Fresh Market This will be the third year for our authentic community based Farmers’ Market with a wide array of fabulous vender-produced goods, which may include anything from fresh local fruits, veggies, meats, baked goods, and arts and crafts. “Grow it, Bake it, Make it” June 2 - Sept 27 | Every Thurs 3 - 6 7167 Pioneer Avenue | In parking lot at Pioneer Park email@example.com www.agassizfarmfreshmarket.com
C. Flower Stand Pickup your fresh cut, local tulips and hyacinths at our road side stand. Open daily dawn to dusk January 1st Mothers Day 1694 Tranmer Rd | 604.796.3496 firstname.lastname@example.org | www.tulipsofthevalley.com
D. Tulip Festival – Chowat Rd, Seabird Island 7th annual Tulip Festival opens April 18, 2012. Wander around our 25 acres of tulips and enjoy local bannock and other treats. Take home some fresh cut and potted tulips when you leave. Don’t forget your camera and dress appropriately for the weather. Parking will be located a short walk from the fields.
South Garden B&B 604.796.3048 | 3048 Hot Springs Rd www.southgardenbandb.com
Tall Timber B & B River’s Edge Restaurant 800.661.5108 | 14282 Morris Valley Rd 604.854.4789 | 9000 Tuyttens Rd email@example.com www.sandpipergolfclub.com www.talltimberbnb.com Agassiz Produce Shoreline Tours & Charters 604.796.8444 | 7266 Pioneer Ave 604.819.3418 | 1447 Tranmer Road Kilby Restaurant firstname.lastname@example.org 604.796.9576 | www.kilby.ca www.shorelinetours.net Sasquatch Crossing Eco Lodge Harrison Beach Hotel 604.796.9798 | 15500 Morris Valley Rd 604.796.1111 | 160 Esplanda Ave www.sasquatchcrossing.ca email@example.com www.harrisonbeachhotel.com
Agassiz Harrison Mills 2012
Farm T e l o rc
Agricultural Events Calendar
A. Sparkes Corn Barn
Open Wed - Fri 12 – 4 | Sat & Sun 10 – 5 604.796.3496 | www.tulipsofthevalley.com
Blackberry Lane Pie Bakery on Site | 604.796.9875 www.blackberrylanebandb.com
May to October | Daily 10 – 4 (Sun 1 - 4 ) 7011 Pioneer Avenue | 604.796.3545 firstname.lastname@example.org www.agassizharrisonmuseum.org
6. Kilby Historic Site
Advertisers Contact Info
Farm T o
Tulip Festival | Chowat Road, Seabird Island 604.796.3496 | www.tulipsofthevalley.com
Jun 2 - Sept 27
Agassiz Farm Fresh Market Thursdays 3-6pm 604.796.3496 | 7167 Pioneer Avenue
Jun 9 & 10
Sasquatch Days 604.796.5581 | Harrison Hot Springs
Historical Society Garden Party & Art show 6187 Lougheed Hwy | 604.796.3545 | 10-4
July 7 -15
Harrison Festival of the Arts 604.796.3664 | www.harrisonfestival.com
Agassiz Slow Food Cycle Tour 604.796.5581 www.slowfoodvancouver.com
Edible Vancouver Garlic Festival At Limbert Mtn Farm | 604-796-2619
Kilby Kid’s Festival 215 Kilby Road | 604.796.9576 www.kilby.ca
Farmers Market at the Agassiz Fall Fair 604.796.8741 | email@example.com
Oct 13 & 14 Harvest Market at Kilby 215 Kilby Road | 604.796.9576 www.kilby.ca Nov 17 - 18
Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival www.fraservalleybaleaglefestival.ca
Dec 7 - 17
Kilby re-Opens for Christmas 215 Kilby Road | 604.796.9576 www.kilby.ca
Journey to Bethlehem Pageant and Christmas Market 604.796.8741 | www.farmhousecheeses.com
Guided Tours Available. Please Call Ahead.
Bus Parking Available
Admission Fees Applicable
Circle Farm Tour
For more information on the Circle Farm Tours throughout the Mighty Fraser Country. Please visit our website at
Welcome to Farm Country!
Plan your getaway today…
100 Esplanade Avenue, Harrison Hot Spring, BC V0M 1K0 604.796.2244 or 800.663.2266 www.HarrisonResort.com
Our full service lakefront resort features 3 restaurants, 5 hot spring pools and healing springs spa. Enjoy boat rentals, lake tours, and fishing charters from the resort marina or 9 holes of golf at our golf course.
Plan to stay a while!
Nestled on the sandy shores of Harrison Lake, we offer quality accommodations to suit all budgets and preferences. With most farms only a 5 – 15 minute drive away, Harrison Hot Springs makes the ideal holiday base for the region. Visitor Information – 604-796-5581
*Note: Map is not to scale.
The River’s Edge offers a relaxing atmosphere, serving a casual menu for both golfers and visitors to the Sandpiper Golf Resort and Rowena’s Inn on the River. The outdoor patio is the perfect place to relax before or after a round of golf.
14282 Morris Valley Road Harrison Mills, BC V0M 1L0
Cover Photograph: Sparkes Corn & Jessica Wouda
Designed & printed by Fraser Valley Custom Printers
For more information on the Circle Farm Tour and overnight accommodations please visit us at: www.circlefarmtour.com