PR and On-line Opportunities
Joe Gibbs, District Public Relations Officer
PR Opportunities â€˘ How can we as District officers promote our clubs and Toastmasters International?
Targeted Marketing • Educational Institutions: – Communications Skills, Presentations
• Self-improvement Groups: – Building Self-Esteem
• Corporate: – Leadership Skills, Meeting Organisation, Presentations
Targeted Marketing • Voluntary Organisations: – Meeting Organisation, Communication Skills
• Life Coaching: – Building Self-Esteem, Communication Skills, Leadership
• Language Schools/Non-Nationals: – Developing and improving English Skills, Social Aspect
PR – Division Governor • Appoint Asst Div Gov to work on PR – Overall image of TM – Large events – DG Visits, District Winners, etc – Assist new or weak Clubs – Create standard flyers, ad’s etc. – Encourage creative PR – Build contacts list for the Division
PR – Area Governor • Encourage Clubs in your Area to help each other in combined PR activities. • Discourage harmful rivalry for Members • Support open nights in Clubs • Work with Asst Div Gov to help weak Clubs
PR – Club Member • Personal recommendation • Word of mouth • Wear a TM pin or badge • ALWAYS be an ambassador for Toastmasters !
Resources – Club • Last Years PRO ! • Club Members – Freelance Reporters – Sales and Marketing – Writers
• Contacts in other Clubs and Organisations • Bring a guest
Resources – D71 • D71 Website – Quality Clubs Resource, Publicity • Sample Posters, Flyers • Radio Interviews • Press Releases –Tips and samples • PR Tips
• Gary Sander’s 101 PR Tips. • District PRO
Resources - TI • Promotional Material from TI Website – Information for Members, Public Relations – Let the World Know – TI’s Publicity Handbook • Can be Down loaded free in PDF format
– Press Releases – International News – History & General Info
For effective PR Remember AIDA • Attention – Grab the persons attention – eg Headline
• Interest – Create interest in the service we are offering
• Desire – Convert interest to a desire for what we offer
• Action – Call to action and make it clear what that action is.