Learn how to create a
Butterfly in Flash
diana casallas id: 10175
18/06/2010 2:14:19 PM
1. Draw or trace one half of your butterfly.
30. Well done!!. You finiched your Butterfly animation
2. Select the shape by clicking and dragging over all of the shape.
18/06/2010 2:14:40 PM
3. Press F8 on the keyboard and in the dialogue box that appears type in the Name textfield butterflyHalf and choose Movieclip and click ok. 23. Adjust the whole body of the butterfly so that when the wing is flapped down the whole body moves up. 24. Take the timeline to keyFrame 1. Select all the objects on stage by clicking and dragging over them. Holding down on shift nodge the object with the down arrow key 3 times. 25. Take the timeline to keyFrame 2. Select all the objects on stage by clicking and dragging over them. Holding down on shift nodge the object with the down arrow key 4 times 26. Take the timeline to keyFrame 3. Select all the objects on stage by clicking and dragging over them. Holding down on shift nodge the object with the down arrow key 2 times 27. Take the timeline to keyFrame 5. Select all the objects on stage by clicking and dragging over them. Holding down on shift nodge the object with the up arrow key 3 times. 28. Take the timeline to keyFrame 6. Select all the objects on stage by clicking and dragging over them. Holding down on shift nodge the object with the down arrow key 2 times 29. Test your movie and this time the butterfly flaps its wings and moves the body as well
18/06/2010 2:14:51 PM
4.. Click on the transform tool or press Q on the keyboard and move the white dot in the center of your object and place it on the centre edge of the butterfly a little closer to the top as shown below
18. Create a new layer, double click on the layer name and rename it belly. Draw an oval shape on it to form the belly of the butterfly. Position it appropriately using the transform tool and convert it to a movieClip symbol by pressing F8 and call it belly. Your Belly should look like this and your butterfly like the one below
19. Click on Scene 1 just below the trash can on the timeline to get back to the main timeline 20. Test your movie. The butterfly flaps its wings in place. The belly does not move and that makes it unrealistic. We will 21. Go back to the main timeline and double click on the butterfly to get into the symbol. In the second layer that contains the belly, click and drag to select from frames 2 to frames 7 and press F6 on the keyboard. A keyframe is created in each of the selected frames. This is how the belly Layer should look like
18/06/2010 2:15:02 PM
16. Create a keyFrame in Frame 2 and manipulate the wings so that it is higher than it was in Frame 1 as shown down here. This will be the extreme up state.
5. Make a copy (Clt + C) and Paste-in-Place (Clt+ Shift+V) 6. Go to Modify Transform butterfly as shown below.
Flip Horizontal and nudge it so that you form a complete
17. Create a keyFrame in frame 3 and adjust the wings so that it begins to open up and comes down a little bit. By now you should have on Layer 1, seven keyframes all with different states of the butterfly
18/06/2010 2:15:14 PM
7. Select the two instances of batterflyHalf and press F8 to convert to a symbol. Name it batterflyWhole and make it a Movieclip.
15. Right click in Frame 1, choose Copy Frame from the context menu and then right click in Frame 7 and choose Past Frames. You will adjust it to look like this.
8. Rotate your butterfly about 45째 so it look like the image below
18/06/2010 2:15:27 PM
13. Click in frame 5, press F6 to insert a keyframe in frame 5, and get the wing to open up a bit more wider as shown below
9. Double Click only once to edit the symbol batterflyWhole At this point you will change the alpha of one of the wings so that we can see the difference between the two wings. 10. Select the lower wing and give it a tint of 50%. Choose the color black next to right of Tint in the property Inspector below.
14. Create another keyframe in frame 6 (by clicking in frame 6, and pressing F6.) Manipulate the wings to a position ready to flap up again as shown below â€“ open up a little wider.
18/06/2010 2:15:39 PM
11. Select the free transform tool to about the shape below.
and manipulate each wing separately until you get
12. Click in frame 4, press F6 to insert a keyframe in frame 4, and use it to create the extreme down state of the flapped wing
18/06/2010 2:15:51 PM
Published on Sep 9, 2010
Learn how to create a Brochure.indd 2-3 18/06/2010 2:14:19 PM diana casallas id: 10175 Design by Brochure.indd 4-5 18/06/2010 2:14:40 PM 2....