Page 1

How to contact us We have two office locations:

Logan Rd

Hw y

The St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland receives funding from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship under the Settlement Grants program.

O’Keef e St


an R


Roder ick St Ellenb orough St


rn St

t ane S Brisb St stone Lime

Om ar St

66 Roderick Street, Ipswich PO Box 185, Ipswich, 4305 Phone: 07 3202 1180 Fax: 07 3202 2511


ail L


n vela


Buranda Station

t tS et rn Bu

If in doubt please feel free to contact us.


Darra Inala Algester Parkinson Forest Lake Ipswich and suburbs Goodna Boonah Redbank Plains Collingwood Park

Deshon St

Taylor St

c Pa

South Brisbane Stones Corner Annerley Camp Hill Carindale Mt Gravatt Moorooka Salisbury Oxley Corinda Acacia Ridge


Our service operates in a broad area from South Brisbane through to Ipswich:

44 Taylor Street, Buranda PO Box 6065, Buranda, 4102 Phone: 07 3891 9770 Fax: 07 3891 9408


What area do we cover?

Broadw ay St

Tig er S t


Settlement Services

St Vincent de Paul Settlement Services Our service is a Special Works of the St Vincent de Paul Society. We provide Settlement Support to recently arrived humanitarian entrants and migrants living in South Brisbane and Ipswich suburbs. The aim of the program is to assist new arrivals as they adjust to life in Australia. We do this through an outreach model which ensures that the program is as accessible to as many people as possible.

How we assist

Who is eligible?

We have a team of settlement case workers and a housing support worker who work closely with each individual to develop a case plan to address their settlement needs such as:  Accommodation  Health  Centrelink  Education (Homework club)  Overseas qualification recognition  Orientation in Australia  Proposing family members to come to Australia  Life skills

The service is available to permanent residents who arrived on a Humanitarian Visa or who are Family Stream Migrants with low English proficiency and who arrived in Australia less than five years ago.

Our workers:  Use professional interpreters when required  Refer individuals to appropriate agencies and service providers  Provide practical assistance and support  Advocate on behalf of individuals  Organise group information sessions around a variety of topics  Assist in the development of community groups

How to refer to our service We accept referrals directly from eligible people as well as from other agencies or services. Individuals must give their consent to be referred to our service. Referrals may be made by contacting our office or by downloading a referral form from

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you