STEP Skills Development and Competitions CONTEST AREA: CONTEST PACKAGE Fresh Fruit Shake Preparation TIME ALLOTMENT
15 minutes DESCRIPTION
A refreshing blend of fruit shake which contains nutrients from the three basic food groups.
Grade V or VI
Number of Participants:
Flavor/Taste/ Nutritive Value
Method of Preparation and Execution
PRELIMINARY ACTIVITIES a.
Contest registration of trainers and contestants.
Submission of required documents for the contest.
Ocular inspection of the contest venue.
Briefing orientation of trainers with the contest administrator a day before the actual competition.
Inspection and distribution of contest materials.
DURING a. b. c.
T O O L S
a. b. c.
EMPLOYABILITY OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
ATTACHMENT(S) Analytic Scoring Rubrics/ Percentage Table
A nutritious and refreshing beverage to quench one's thirst.
FORM OF JUDGING Compatriot Judging
d. spoons e. glassware f. underlines g. other tools as needed for the
recipe h. apron and hair net
Inspection of contest materials, tools, and equipment. Other instructions (i.e. coaches)
Trainers shall serve as judges. All outputs shall be endorsed to the Secretariat by the Contest Administrator. All endorsed outputs shall be displayed until the duration of the skills competition.
a. knife b. chopping board c. blender/ozterizer
Briefing of trainers and contestants with the contest administrator (10 minutes)
a. straw b. primary ingredients - pineapple - evaporated milk
AFTER Communication Skills
NOTES a. With regard to the provision of resources, the division and regional organizers may opt to deviate. b. Coaches are allowed to observe the process within 3 meter range. c. Five (5) kinds of fruits will be provided. d. Pineapple and evaporated milk will be the primary ingredients. e. Strictly fresh fruits only (no artificial flavorings or ready-to-use ingredients)
M A T E R I A L S
choice of 2-3 from any of the following fruits:
* fuiji apple * ripe mango * shredded buco meat * banana (lacatan) * strawberry ingredients for the garnish
ANALYTIC PERFORMANCE SCORING RUBRICS FOR FRESH FRUIT SHAKE PREPARATION CRITERIA A. FLAVOR, TASTE AND 95 NUTRITIVE VALUE 30% • Refreshing blend of fruit. • Contained nutrients from the three (3) basic food groups • Presented the product B. GENERAL attractively by using APPEARANCE 30% appropriate garnishing and service container. • Was able to prepare the C. METHOD OF ingredients PREPARATION AND systematically. EXECUTION 25% • Manifested confidence and expertise in using tools and equipments. • Practiced utmost safety and sanitation. • Work with proper attire. • Was able to finish the D. SPEED 10% output 5 minutes before the allotted time. • Able to discuss/explain E. COMMUNICATION with confidence all of SKILLS the following: (3-5 minutes only) 5% a. Process b. function of tools, materials and equipment c. cost of production d. employability e. business opportunity
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS 90 85 • Prepared refreshing • Refreshing but contained blend of fruit with the nutrient from one (1) presence of nutrients basic group only. from the two (2) basic groups. • Presented properly but • Presentation was done with inappropriate but garnishing and garnishing. service containers were inappropriate. • Was able to perform the • Was able to perform the activity but nervousness activity but nervousness was slightly evident in was very evident and using the tools. inappropriate use of tools were observed.
• Was able to finish the output 3-4 minutes before the allotted time. • Able to discuss/explain with confidence 4 of the following: a. Process b. function of tools, materials and equipment c. cost of production d. employability e. business opportunity
• Was able to finish the output 1-2 minutes before the allotted time. • Able to discuss/explain with confidence 3 of the following: a. Process b. function of tools, materials and equipment c. cost of production d. employability e. business opportunity
80 • Fruit shake blend but no nutritive value.
• Presentation was done but not impressively presented. • Unable to prepare the ingredients systematically and manifested lack of selfconfidence.
• Was able to finish the output within the allotted time. • Able to discuss/explain with confidence 2 of the following: a. Process b. function of tools, materials and equipment c. cost of production d. employability e. business opportunity
30% * fuiji apple * ripe mango * shredded buco meat * banana (lacatan) 5% TOTAL Flavor/Taste/ Nutritive Value * banana (lacatan) * strawberr...