Page 10

10

Tempo • Calumet County Fair 2016 • Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Need to place a thank you ad in the newspaper following the Market Animal Sale? Don’t forget the Tempo and TriCounty News! 894-2828

Good luck to all Fair Participants!

Check Us Out in the

Merchants Hall! 1108 E. Chestnut St., Chilton (920) 849-9521 HOURS: Mon-Thurs 9-5:30 Fri & Sat.9-6 We proudly accept United Community Cards.

Flowers & Gifts LLC

AUTO REPAIRS you can TRUST • Cars & Trucks Full Service Maintenance & Repair • Tire Sales & Repairs • Brake & Suspension • Engine & Transmission Repairs • Clean Waiting Area

• Engine Tune-ups & Diagnosis • A/C Repairs & Recharging • Oil Changes - Featuring Shell Formula Oils • Vehicle Pick-up & Delivery (In Town)

1126 E. Chestnut St.,

CHILTON

920-849-3229 (Fax) 920-849-3302 Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30-5:30 Sat 7:30-Noon (By Appointment)

At last year’s Calumet County Fair, a girl waved to someone from a ride high above the Chilton fairgrounds.

History

Three State fairests from Calumet Calumet County Fair has been honored to have three state Fairest of the Fairs and one Alice in Dairyland. The oldest building on the grounds is the Exposition Building built in 1891. In 1919 the present horse barn was built. The Merchants Building was built in 1922. The present Grandstand was built in 1928. After World War II, interest in exhibits rose dramatically and several tents had to be erected every year for the fair, then in 1958 the Arena was built which housed the cattle. In 1964 the Moehrke Building was built, and in 1969 the Seybold Building was erected, both are cattle barns. With the collapse of the old hog and sheep barn, a new building, the Harder-Goeldi Building was constructed in 1981, which now houses an indoor show arena and swine and sheep. In 1977 the Stanelle Building was erected due to the increase in merchants

exhibiting at the fair. With the increase in 4-H exhibits, in 1987 the Brantmeier Building was built. The most recent addition is the Farm Progress Pavilion, built in 1997, which replaces the old beer tent and which can be utilized by Calumet County residents and groups for their outdoor summer festivals and events. 1999 will see the construction of a new horse barn for the area by the horse arena on the south end of the grounds. The Calumet County Fair is owned and operated exclusively by the association, a privately held organization chartered under Sec. 501(3)(c) of the Internal Revenue Code as a tax exempt organization. The organization is comprised of approximately 350 stockholders, a stockholder elected board of 21 directors, and an executive board of directors. The Calumet County Fair could not exist if it were not for the countless men and women volunteers who have given freely of their time and talents, who are devoted to the principles set by their forefathers and for the generations to come.

JANNETTE

TRUCKING & EXCAVATING

Have fun at the Calumet County Fair!

We’re proud to serve you‌ A family run business for over 40 years! • Basements • Bulldozing • Excavating

• Trenching • Trucking • Driveways

• Concrete Removal • Ditch Cleaning • Sand & Gravel

David & Daniel Jannette • 920-853-3454 W1414 Ortlepp Rd., Chilton

ĉþĒź ă|ĹšĂŞÄƒĹ&#x;ă ›ĒăĂ?ĒğŒ |ĉŽ ŸĉŸğÖź Ĺ„|ŜêĉÖńĪ Z|ŜŸ Ĺ&#x;Ĥ Ĺ’Ä’ Ă‘Ĺ?ÄŠÂ? Ēĉ źĒĹ&#x;Äź ›ĒĒÚêĉÖ ›ĒńŒń |ĉŽ Ĺ&#x;Ĥ Ĺ’Ä’ Ă”ĆƒÄŠÂ? Ēĉ źĒĹ&#x;Äź äŸ|ŒêĉÖ ›ĒńŒń šêŒä | |ğğêŸğ .ĉĂ?Ä‰ĂŞĹ’ĹşĹœ ĂŞÄź ĒĉŽêŒêĒĉŸğ |ĉŽ .ĉĂ?ĉêŒź ÄŽĹ? &|Ĺ„ %Ĺ&#x;ğĉ|›Ÿ ›ĒăÂ?êĉŸŽ šêŒä ŒäŸ Ĺ&#x;ńŸğÊĂ?ğêŸĉŽÚź .ĉĂ?ĉêŒź ›ĒĉŒğĒÚ ŽŸńêÖĉŸŽ Ă?Ä’Äź êĉńŒğĹ&#x;›ŒêĒĉÊĂ?🟠ĒĤŸğ|ŒêĒĉĪ .ŒĚń ŒäŸ Ĺ&#x;ĂšĹ’ĂŞÄƒ|Ĺ’Âź ›ĒăÂ?êĉ|ŒêĒĉ Ă?Ä’Äź |ÚÚÊńŸ|ńĒĉ Ĺ’ÂźÄƒÄ¤ÂźÄź|Ĺ’Ĺ&#x;🊠äĹ&#x;ÄƒĂŞÂŽĂŞĹ’Ĺş |ĉŽ êĉŽĒĒğ |ĂŞÄź ÄąĹ&#x;|ÚêŒź ›ĒĉŒğĒÚ Ί|Ĺ’ ă|ĹšĂŞÄƒĂŞĹżÂźĹ„ ›ĒăĂ?ĒğŒ |ĉŽ Ĺ„ĹşĹ„Ĺ’ÂźÄƒ ĤŸğĂ?Ä’ÄźÄƒ|ĉ›ŸĪ

WI-5001272657

Association of Fairs; in 1928 the County Board gave $5,798.00 toward a new grandstand; in 1935 airplane rides were offered as an attraction; in 1936 the first Calumet County ribbons were printed with the county seal; in 1936 the City of Chilton showed interest in developing Hobart Park; in 1937 a quarter-mile race track was constructed with WPA labor for stock car races which were held in the 1940’s and 1950’s; 1943 saw Orrin Meyer become County Agent; 1944 the fairgrounds became a war labor camp with prisoners being used by farmers and canneries due to the labor shortage from the war; in 1955 the polio epidemic canceled the fair; 1966 gate admissions were 75 cents daily and a $2.00 season pass; 1973 saw the first Fairest of the Fair contest being held; in 1974 the first female board member was elected, in 1988 stock car races returned to the fairgrounds.

continued from page 9

š eĉă|Œ›äŸŽ |ğğêŸğ ŸŚĤŸğŒêńŸŠ ÂźĂ?Ă?›êŸĉ›ź |ĉŽ ğŸÚê|Â?êÚêŒź š %|›ŒĒğźÊŒğ|êĉŸŽŠ ›ŸğŒêĂ?ŸŽ ŒŸ›äĉê›ê|ĉń š VŸńꎟĉŒê|ڊ Â›Ä’ÄƒÄƒÂźÄźÂ›ĂŞ|Ăš |ĉŽ êĉŽĹ&#x;ńŒğê|Ăš š ńá |Â?Ä’Ĺ&#x;Ĺ’ Ä’Ĺ&#x;Äź Ĺ? ÄƒÄ’Ä‰Ĺ’Ă¤Ĺ„ Ĺ„|ÄƒÂźĂŠ|ńʛ|ńä Ă?ĉ|ĉ›êĉÖÂ?Â?

4/!"" 2" I $$" " ½

Ă&#x;ß ½ :AĂ?nĂ? 0Ă?½ S Ă?Â?˜˜Â?¨£ S Ă—Ă˜ÂŽĂ&#x;ä×× www.fuhrmannheating.com

Â? |Ĺ„ ›ĒăĤ|ğŸŽ Ĺ’Ä’ Ĺ„Ä’ÄƒÂź ĒڎŸğ Ĺ„ĹşĹ„Ĺ’ÂźÄƒĹ„ Â?Â?%êĉ|ĉ›Ÿ ݊|ğ֟ń šêÚÚ |››ğĹ&#x;Âź Ēĉ ŒäŸ ĤĹ&#x;ğ›ä|Ĺ„Âź Ă?ÄźÄ’Äƒ ŒäŸ ÂŽ|Ĺ’Âź Ä’Ă? ĤĹ&#x;ğ›ä|Ĺ„Âź Â?Ĺ&#x;Ĺ’ ĉĒ ÄƒĂŞÄ‰ĂŞÄƒĹ&#x;ă ÄƒÄ’Ä‰Ĺ’Ă¤ĂšĹş Ĥ|ĹşÄƒÂźÄ‰Ĺ’Ĺ„ šêÚÚ Â?Âź ÂŽĹ&#x;Âź ĤğêĒğ Ĺ’Ä’ ŒäŸ Ä¤ÄźÄ’ÄƒÄ’Ĺ’ĂŞÄ’Ä‰ ŸŚĤêğ|ŒêĒĉ ÂŽ|Ĺ’Âź |Ĺ„ êĉŽê›|ŒŸŽ Ēĉ źĒĹ&#x;Äź Â?êÚÚêĉÖ Ĺ„Ĺ’|Ĺ’ÂźÄƒÂźÄ‰Ĺ’ÂŠ |ĉŽ ĂŞĂ? źĒĹ&#x; Ĥ|Ĺş ŒäŸ ›|ńä Ĺ„|ڟń Ĥğꛟ Ä’Ă? ŒäŸ ĤĹ&#x;ğ›ä|Ĺ„Âź ĤğêĒğ Ĺ’Ä’ ŒäŸ Ä¤ÄźÄ’ÄƒÄ’Ĺ’ĂŞÄ’Ä‰ ĤŸğêĒŽ ŸŚĤêğ|ŒêĒĉ ÂŽ|ŒŸŠ ĉĒ Ă?ĉ|ĉ›Ÿ ݊|ğ֟ń šêÚÚ Â?Âź ÂŽĹ&#x;Âź Ēĉ ŒäŸ ĤĹ&#x;ğ›ä|Ĺ„Âź Ĺ„Ĺ’|ĉŽ|ğŽ TV ĂŞĹ„ ÄœÄŽÄŞĂ‘ĆƒÄŠĹ‹ ÂźĂ?|Ĺ&#x;ÚŒ V|Ĺ’Âź TV ĂŞĹ„ Ĺ?Ĺ?ÄŞÄŽÄŽÄŠÄŞ BĂŞÄ‰ĂŞÄƒĹ&#x;ă ÄƒÄ’Ä‰Ĺ’Ă¤ĂšĹş Ă?ĉ|ĉ›Ÿ ݊|ğ֟ ĂŞĹ„ ÂˇÄŞĂ‘ĆƒÄŞ

Calumet County Fair 2016  

Enjoy reading about the 2016 Calumet County Fair

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you