Quick access to your contents right on your LG Smart TV 04-05
THE NEXT GENERATION 3D TV
LG’S LATEST SOLUTIONS FOR APPLIANCES
You are connected with LG mobiles 20-21
2 | LG August 2012
LG Electronics continues to pursue its 21st century vision of becoming a worldwide leader in digital—ensuring customer satisfaction through innovative products and superior service while aiming to rank among the world’s top three electronics, information, and telecommunications firms by 2010. On our way, we hold tight to a philosophy of “Great Company, Great People,” underscoring our belief that only great people can create a great company. LG strives for greatness in what we’ve identified as our three core capabilities: Product Leadership, Market Leadership, and People Leadership—each strength a key part of realizing our growth strategies for “fast innovation” and “fast growth”.
LG August 2012 | 3
LG Smart TV Enjoy quick access to your favorite online content right on your TV LG Smart TVs are your big-screen gateway to virtually limitless entertainment and information. With Premium apps for every interest, you can browse the Web and stay connected on LG's brilliant Full HD 1080p* LED screen. LG makes Smart TV easy to use and enjoy. Leave it to LG to bring you the Magic Remote. LG's point and click motion technology connects you with onscreen content, information and social networking with the simplest gestures and a quick click of the OK button. And your Magic Remote cursor makes easy work of the onscreen full QWERTY keyboard.* When reviewing the LG LM6700, CNET called the Magic Remote "the only TV clicker on the market that's actually fun to use."A fun TV remote?
4 | LG August 2012
Push the HOME button on your Magic Remote and the userfriendly LG Dashboard quickly appears and offers a wide range of options. Virtually limitless content is only a few clicks away without complicated menus or confusing set-up options. In comparing LG's Smart TV Dashboard with Samsung and Sony, CNET said "LG's outdoes Samsung's and Sony's in terms of customization and making apps easy to access." LG Smart TV Dashboard puts movies on demand, streaming videos, social networking, games and premium apps all within reach. All LG Smart TVs have built-in WiFi® and are designed to connect to wireless networks. Built-In Wi-Fi® is also your link to Smart Share, which
lets you enjoy big-screen viewing of favorite movies, pictures, videos and more stored on your Wi-Fi®-enabled portable devices. Now you can navigate your LG Smart TV with your Smartphone or tablet. Simply download the free LG Magic app from Google Play and start exploring your LG Smart TV with its QWERTY keyboard support. If you need a reminder that this is more than just a TV, simply aim your Magic Remote on the Home Dashboard’s INTERNET globe icon. With the convenient QWERTY keyboard, you’ll be surfing the Web and accessing your favorite sites in no time.
LG August 2012 | 5
THE NEXT GENERATION 3D TV 6 | LG August 2012
YOU'VE GOT TO GET IT TO BELIEVE IT! Only LG's new full HD 1080p virtually frameless Cinema Screen design offers a new dimension of TV viewing. Whether you're watching 3D or 2D you can experience colors and black levels like you've never seen them before with its advanced technology, superior brightness, clarity and color detailâ€Ś.. With the added performance of TruMotionâ„˘ technology, you'll enjoy sports, video games and high-speed action with virtually no motion blur. Discover the difference by getting it for yourself. Something tells us it's like no TV you've ever seen before.
EASY TO LOVE AND EASY TO SHARE THE EXPERIENCE LG delivers the big advantage of battery-free 3D glasses. Just like the ones you get at the movie theatre. They're lightweight, flicker-free, and affordable, so you can invite the whole gang over. Anyone wearing corrective lenses can also enjoy Cinema 3D in total comfort, thanks to LG's Clip On Cinema 3D glasses (sold separately).
AMAZING 2D TO 3D CONVERSION Awesome news... your favorite 2D content can join in on the excitement of 3D. LG's innovative 2D to 3D feature can turn anything from sports to cinema classics into larger-than-life 3D with the push of a button on your Magic Remote. And with more and more content for the entire family available in 3D, there's no end to the viewing selections!
NO NEED TO SQUEEZE IN FRONT OF THE TV LG Cinema 3D offers a wide horizontal viewing angle to enjoy a full-immersive 3D experience virtually anywhere you sit. There's no need to squeeze together in front of the TV. LG's generous angle optimum viewing lets you share the fun with all of your friends. LG August 2012 | 7
BEST SALE TVs OF MONTH LG 55G2/47G2 GOOGLE TV LG CINEMA 3D LED BACKLIGHTING TRUMOTION 120HZ
LG 55LM8600/ 47LM8600 LG CINEMA 3D LG SMART TV LED PLUS & LOCAL DIMMING TRUMOTION 240HZ 8 | LG August 2012
55LM9600 LG CINEMA 3D LG SMART TV NANO FULL LED RESOLUTION UPSCALER
55LM7600/ 47LM7600 LG CINEMA 3D LG SMART TV NANO FULL LED TRUMOTION 120HZ
Design, features and specifications subject to change without notice. Screen images simulated and/or dramatized. Disclaimer: For a small percentage of the population, the viewing of stereoscopic 3D video technology may cause discomfort such as headaches, dizziness or nausea. If you experience any symptoms, discontinue using the 3D functionality and contact your health care provider. Screen images simulated and/or dramatized.
LG August 2012 | 9
55LM6700 47LM6700 10 | LG August 2012
• 3D Ready/2D to 3D • Resolution Full HD 1920x1080 • Dolby® Digital Decoder • Google TV Features • TruMotion 120Hz • Wi-Fi Ready / Built-in • Suggested Price: $2299/$1699 • 3D Ready/2D to 3D • Resolution Full HD 1920x1080 • Edge LED Plus • TruMotion 240Hz • Full Web Browser • Wi-Fi Ready / Built-in • Suggested Price: $2899/$2299 • 3D Ready/2D to 3D • Resolution Full HD 1920x1080 • Edge LED Plus • TruMotion 240Hz • Wi-Fi Ready / Built-in • Full Web Browser • Skype Ready • Suggested Price: $2549/$1949 • 3D Ready/2D to 3D • Resolution Full HD 1920x1080 • Triple XD Engine • Edge LED Plus • TruMotion 120Hz • Wi-Fi Ready / Built-in • Full Web Browser • Suggested Price: $2299/$1749
• 3D Ready/2D to 3D • Resolution Full HD 1920x1080 • Triple XD Engine • TruBlack Filter • Wi-Fi Ready / Built-in • Full Web Browser • Suggested Price: $2399/$1699
• 3D Ready/2D to 3D • Resolution Full HD 1920x1080 • 600Hz Max Sub Field Driving • Protective Skin Glass • Wi-Fi Ready / Built-in • Full Web Browser • Suggested Price: $1799/$1199
• Resolution Full HD 1920x1080 • TruMotion 120Hz • Triple XD Engine • 3 HDMI Ports • Suggested Price: $899/$699
• Resolution 1280x720 • 60Hz • Triple XD Engine • 2 HDMI Ports • Suggested Price: $349
LG August 2012 | 11
12 | LG August 2012
EXPLORE LG'S LATEST SOLUTIONS FOR APPLIANCES
LG's innovative line of home appliance solutions are designed to add capacity and save time allowing you to fast forward to the life moments that matter. With impressive 20 min shorter wash cycles, 20% more usable space in your refrigerator and 20% less cooking time, LG's innovative and intuitive home appliances are the ideal solutions for today's modern family. Explore below to see for yourself. Based on AHAM-HLW-1-2010 test protocol. Cotton/ Normal or comparable cycle at default settings, 8-lb loads, front load washers only. Excludes other LG manufactured products. Excludes quick wash or comparable cycles intended for small, lightly soiled loads only. Compared to LG's standard width French door refrigerator. Compared to LG's non-infrared grill ovens using chicken breasts, hamburgers, and salmon. LG home appliances offer the next step in home innovation. With technologically advanced solutions, like our Sensor Dry system which automatically adjusts your dryer's cycle to meet each load's unique conditions, and our Smart Cooling Plus technology which maintains your refrigerator's humidity and temperature levels. In addition to a full range of LG kitchen appliances â€“ all designed to make life good.
LG August 2012 | 13
REFRIGERATORS Because a great deal of life takes place in the kitchen, LG refrigerators are designed to give you more room and stylish looks. And with smarter features, an LG refrigerator is like having a personal assistant in the kitchen. LG refrigerators give you more room, smart features and stylish looks. No matter the size of your opening or cabinet depth, LG has a cutting-edge model for you. Your food fresher, longer with cool, fresh air no matter where you put it.
AIR CONDITIONERS When mother nature turns up the heat, keep your body cool and your home comfortable with an LG air conditioner. Instantly adjust the temperature of the room so you can relax and focus on the things that matter most. LG offers a range of air conditioners to fit every situation, room size and configuration. There is the versatile portable air conditioner that lets you keep cool wherever you are. Also consider LGâ€™s window air conditioners that come in a range of sizes. At home or in the office, thereâ€™s an LG air conditioner that best fits your needs. 14 | LG August 2012
WASHERS All LG washers are "high efficiency" washers that reduce energy costs and water consumption versus conventional washers, and offer the reliability of a Direct Drive motor. Roll over the washer types to learn more about the benefits of each style. With large load capacities, plus time and energy saving features, there’s definitely something better about LG’s highly energy efficient top load washers. LG washing machines come with a host of resource saving features designed to suit your family’s needs and make doing laundry easier. Truly ground-breaking, our SteamWashers™ reduce allergens and wrinkles using LG's unique steam technology that refreshes and purifies with each cycle.
VACUUMS LG vacuum you choose will always deliver great power for a cleaner home. Thoughtfully designed, LG vacuums are so powerful and easy to use that vacuuming no longer seems like a chore. LG vacuum cleaners let you clean more places and make disposing of dirt quicker and simpler than ever before. Our traditional canister and upright vacuums have been redesigned and reengineered to make vacuuming more comfortable. Our innovative robot vacuum cleaner automatically cleans floors so you can relax as it does the work for you. Utilizing unique interior wiper blades, the dust compression technology compacts dust inside the bagless bin to store up to 3 times more dust than other vacuums. All of which means less emptying and easier clean-up for you. LG August 2012 | 15
16 | LG August 2012
• BTU Performance 14000 • EER 10.1 • Net Weight 72.8 lbs • White LCD Display • Water Full Indicator • 1380 Watts • Suggested Price: $649
• BTU Performance 13000 • EER 9.7 • Net Weight 68.3 lbs • White LCD Display • Water Full Indicator • 1340 Watts • Suggested Price: $569 • BTU Performance 11000 • EER 9.2 • Net Weight 66 lbs • White LCD Display • Water Full Indicator • 1200 Watts • Suggested Price: $449 • BTU Performance 9000 • EER 9.2 • Net Weight 55 lbs • White LCD Display • Water Full Indicator • 980 Watts • Suggested Price: $319
• French 4-Door • Total Capacity 30cu • ENERGY STAR® - Tier 1 • Slim SpacePlus™ • SmoothTouch™ Control/White LED • Spill Protector™ Tempered Glass • Suggested Price: $3499
• French 3-Door • Total Capacity 27.6cu • ENERGY STAR® - Tier 3 • Slim SpacePlus™ • Compact Filter LT700P • SmoothTouch™ Control/White LED • Suggested Price: $2999
• Side-by-Side door • Total Capacity 26.5cu • Energy Star/CEE Tier 1 • Spill Protector™ Tempered Glass • LED display • 7 Years on the Sealed System • Suggested Price: $1299
• Top Mount Freezer • Total Capacity 19cu • 7 Years on the Sealed System • ENERGY STAR® - Tier 3 • Spill Protector™ Tempered Glass • Suggested Price: $699
LG August 2012 | 17
18 | LG August 2012
• Capacity 3.6 cu • Intelligent Electronic Controls • Dual LED Display • 2012 ENERGY STAR® • TrueBalance™ Anti-Vibration System • NeveRust™ Stainless Steel Drum • Suggested Price: $999 • Capacity 5.1 cu • Intelligent Electronic Controls • Dual LED Display • TurboWash™ • TrueBalance™ Anti-Vibration System • NeveRust™ Stainless Steel Drum • Suggested Price: $1499 • Capacity 3.7 cu • TurboWash™ • TrueBalance™ Anti-Vibration System • NeveRust™ Stainless Steel Drum • Suggested Price: $1099
• Capacity 4.7 cu • SmartRinse™ Jet Spray System • TurboWash™ • TrueBalance™ Anti-Vibration System • NeveRust™ Stainless Steel Drum • Suggested Price: $1499
• Robot Design Type • Bare Floor, Tile, Carpet Type • 4 Cleaning Modes • Easy-to-Empty Dust Bin • Stair Recognition • Auto Docking and Recharging • Suggested Price: $799 • KOMPRESSOR® System • DualForce+™ • Cleaning Range with Tools • 2-in-1 Upholstery and Dusting Tool • Motor Overload Protection • Suggested Price: $399
• Canister Type • KOMPRESSOR® System • EasyMoving™ • Cleaning Range with Tools • Plastic Dust Cup • Ergonomic Handle • Suggested Price: $299
• Canister Type • KOMPRESSOR® System • DualForce™ • Vertical Cyclone • Motor Overload Protection • 2-in-1 Upholstery and Dusting Tool • Suggested Price: $399 LG August 2012 | 19
20 | LG August 2012
You are connected with LG mobiles LG cell phones embody cutting-edge technology that puts the world at your fingertips. Simplify your life, stay connected and conduct business all in the palm of your hand with today’s latest cell phones. Make the most out of life with an LG cell phone. Whether you are making calls, sending emails or surfing the web, look to LG for smart, stylish and innovative mobile phones that meet your needs and suit your lifestyle. The variety of LG cell phone models makes finding the LG phone that is best for you a breeze. Simply designate your preferences and all LG cell phones that meet your needs will be displayed. Explore the sleek and stylish LG Revolution or the dual-core, LG Thrill 4G that makes the most of everyday tasks and helps capture and share life’s important moments. From smartphones and Android phones, to 4G phones, LG mobile phones offer solutions to help you increase connections and productivity so you can do more whenever you want, wherever you are. Various touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard cell phones to keep you connected. Looking for the most stylish, cutting-edge touch screen cell phone models or the slimmest sliders with QWERTY keyboards? Finding everything you want has never been easier. Explore all LG cell phones, or select by desired features to find the one that’s right for you. LG August 2012 | 21
Society Network 22 | LG August 2012
SPEED - PERFORMANCE - ENDURANCE LG OPTIMUS 4X HD P880 POWERFUL NEW QUAD-CORE SMARTPHONE BY LG Design
The 4X HD is a little smaller at 132x68x9mm than the S3's 137x71x9mm but not enough to really notice. The capacitive screen's ever so slightly smaller too (4.7-inches as opposed to 4.8-inches on the S3) and takes up most of the front, with just a thin strip above and below.
The 4X HD is running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, as you'd expect from a premium handset these days, and as usual LG has put a light skin on it with its latest Optimus v3.0 user interface. As it is you get Social+, which displays your latest Facebook and Twitter updates (though you need to toggle between them), but you'll need to use separate widgets for your email and texts. There's something to be said for keeping all your updates separate, but it would have been nice to have the option to mix and match in the UI.
That quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 is clocked at 1.5GHz and backed by 1GB RAM, matching the One X and slightly ahead of the S3's 1.4GHz. LG says that it features a "unique" fifth battery-saver core for simple and basic tasks. It uses this low-power core to handle your everyday apps, and then kicks in to full quad-core mode for demanding apps like video editing and gaming. Multi-tasking, browsing, transferring and playing HD video were all things that the 4X HD took in its stride and it turned in the highest AnTuTu performance benchmark reading we've yet seen on a handset -- 11,730, which puts it clearly in front of the S3's 9,317 and the One X's 8,792.
The True HD-IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen has the same resolution as the S3's Super Amoled and the One X's Super LCD at 1280x720 pixels, with 313 pixels-per-inch. In truth, you won't be disappointed with any of these screens. They all deliver deep blacks, sharp edges and a wealth of detail. The LG's has slightly less vivid colours than the S3's perhaps but that has the effect of looking a bit more natural.
LG August 2012 | 23
LG OPTIMUS 4X HD P880
LG OPTIMUS L7 P700
LG OPTIMUS L5 E610
LG OPTIMUS 2X P990 24 | LG August 2012
• DISPLAY 16M+ colors Touch • Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) • 1.5GHz 4-PLUS-1™ Quad Core • 8MP SMART CAMERA • MicroSD up to 64GB • Bluetooth/Wi-Fi • A-GPS Navigation • Suggested Price: $753,29 • Display 4.3” TFT LCD, Capacitive Touch • Camera Resolution 5MP • Bluetooth/Wi-Fi • HSDPA 7.2 Mbps • A-GPS Navigation • MicroSD up to 32GB • Suggested Price: $411,17 • Display 4.0” TFT LCD, Capacitive Touch • Camera Resolution 5MP • MicroSD up to 32GB • A-GPS Navigation • Bluetooth/Wi-Fi • Powered by Android™ • Suggested Price: $185.99 • Display 4.0” TFT LCD, Capacitive Touch • Primary: 8MP (AF, LED), Secondary: 1.3MP • Edge 900/1700/2100 – HSPA 7.2/5.76 • Bluetooth/Wi-Fi • A-GPS Navigation • 8GB/Micro SD (up to 32GB) • Powered by Android™ • Suggested Price: $626,18
LG PRADA PHONE P940
• DISPLAY 4.3 inches TFT • HSPA+ 21Mbps 900/1900/2100 • GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 • Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS • MP3, AAC, MPEG4/H.264/DivX • 8GB Memory/Micro SD (up to 32GB) • Suggested Price: $908
LG OPTIMUS BLACK P970
• 4.0 TFT Capacitive Touchscreen • Powered by Android™ • Camera Primary: 5MP, Secondary: 2MP • Memory 2GB/Micro SD (up to 32GB) • Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS • Suggested Price: $908
LG OPTIMUS 3D P920
• Display 3D Stereoscopic Capacitive 4.3’’ • Powered by Android™ • Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS • Camera Primary: 2x5MP , Secondary: VGA • Memory 8GB/Micro SD (up to 32GB) • Suggested Price: $669
LG VIEWTY SNAP GM360
• Display 256K colors Touch Screen • Camera 5MP • 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 • Micro SD up to 16GB • Bluetooth/USB • Suggested Price: $170
LG August 2012 | 25
26 | LG August 2012
LG OPTIMUS 7 E900
• 3.8in WVGA LCD touch screen • 5Mp camera with LED flash • 720p HD video • 16GB internal storage • WiFi; DLNA; 3G; Bluetooth • Mobile Office 2010 • Smartphone SIM free • Suggested Price: $626
LG OPTIMUS CHAT C550
• 2.8in touch screen smartphone • Slide out QWERTY keyboard • Android 2.2 Froyo OS • GSM, UMTS, HSDPA 7.2 • Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS • Suggested Price: $196
LG OPTIMUS ONE P500
• Display 3.2” HVGA (320 x 480), 256K • Powered by Android™ • Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS • Camera 3MP • GSM, UMTS, HSDPA 7.2 • Memory 170MB/Micro SD (up to 32GB) • Suggested Price: $244
LG OPTIMUS GT540
• Display 320 x 480 3.0” HVGA 262K TFT • Powered by Android™ • GSM, UMTS, HSDPA 7.2 • Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS • Camera 3MP • Micro SD (up to 32GB) • Suggested Price: $188
LG COOKIE FRESH GS290
LG CHOCOLATE BL20
• Display 320 x 480 3.0” HVGA 262K TFT • GPRS/EDGE • Powered by Android™ • Camera 5MP • Micro SD up to 16GB • MP3/Bluetooth • Suggested Price: $226 • Display 2.3”(Landscape) 240 x 320 QVGA • SMS, MMS, Push E-mail • Camera 2MP • Memory 64Mb/Micro SD (up to 8GB) • Bluetooth/MP3 • Suggested Price: $189
• Display240 x 400 Touch Screen • GPRS/EDGE (class) • Camera 2MP • MP3/Bluetooth • Suggested Price: $87
• Display 240 x 320 (2.4 inch) • SMS / EMS / MMS • WAP 2.0 • Camera 5MP • Micro SD up to 16GB • MP3/Bluetooth • Suggested Price: $80 LG August 2012 | 27
We’ve got you covered. If your product fails we will fix it or replace it. Extend the protection on your LG products for up to three years by purchasing an LG Premium Care Plan.
• Plans may be purchased until the last day of the manufacturer’s warranty. • Plan terms range from 1-3 years. • 24-hour customer service hotline. • Nationwide service network with all repairs guaranteed. • Save up to 30% on a Premium Care Plan when you buy within the first 180 days of product purchase.
• No deductible. • The plan covers all terms covered by the LG manufacturer’s warranty including parts and labor. • Power surge and spike protection. • Food loss reimbursement (available on Refrigerator coverage only). 28 | LG August 2012
Whether you need LG repairs for your television , mobile phone , home appliance or other LG product, we make it simple to schedule repair service. 1. Refer to the Warranty Agreement in the Owner’s Manual or product packaging to determine if your product is eligible for in warranty or out-of- warranty repair service. 2. For products eligible for onsite repair service such as TV and Appliances, schedule your online appointment with an authorized LG Repair Technician. 3. For products shipped to the LG Product Repair Center, complete the information and an LG Support Representative will contact you with the Return Authorization number and shipping instructions. If you have an LG Premium Care extended warranty contract, please contact to schedule your service appointment.
Sales Contacts • Vertical Markets/SMB (Digital Signage Solutions) : 1-800-897-8788 • Healthcare/Long Term Care (In-Room Solutions): 1-877-793-6484 • Hospitality (Guest Room Solutions): 1-800-228-1236 • Channel (Reseller): 1-800-897-8871 Customer Service Hot Line (Monday - Friday from 7AM - 7PM CST) • Large Screen Plasma TVs & Monitors, LCDs, and CRT products: 1-888-865-3026 • Small Screen (desktop) LCD monitors, NAS, Digital Storage: 1-800-243-0000
LG August 2012 | 29
30 | LG August 2012