CALL AHEAD TO RESERVE YOUR CHILD’S SPOT! These events require ADVANCED REGISTRATION. Registration is ongoing until event is filled or otherwise noted.
ASHLAND AVENUE BAPTIST CHURCH
• FREE Create Your Own Wacky Holiday Ages 6 and older are invited to a creative writing event to develop your own holiday in honor of Make Up Your Own Holiday Day. 4 - 5 p.m. March 26.
• FREE Ashland Avenue Buddy Break RSVP to Stephanie.BuddyBreak@outlook.com. Buddy Break is a respite program for families with children with special needs, ages 2 - 16. Children participate with a one-on-one “buddy” in a variety of age-appropriate activities while parents get a much-needed break. 11 a.m. the second Saturday of each month.
• Miss Meghan’s Music Ages 0 - 4 and their grownups can join Miss Meghan for songs and fun. 9:45 or 10:30 a.m. March 12 and 26; $10.
4255 Ashland Ave., Norwood 513-531-3626 ashlandavenuebuddybreak.weebly.com
BALLET TECH OF OHIO
7623 Old 3C Highway, Maineville 513-683-6860 • email@example.com • Master Classes Valery Lantratov, renowned Russian teacher and former principal dancer offers beginning/ intermediate and intermediate/advance level classes. 4:45 - 9 p.m. March 5 and 6.
1600 Montague Road, Devou Park, Covington 859-491-4003 • bcmuseum.org • Make a Kite Day March is the best time of year to fly a kite! BCM members and their children learn to make their own 18-inch plastic sled kite, then fly it in Devou Park. Joe and Debbie Von Bokern of PIGS ALOFT Kite Flying Club lead this kite-crafting workshop. Materials provided. 2 - 4 p.m. March 28; $5 per kite.
BETHESDA NORTH HOSPITAL 10500 Montgomery Road 513-475-4500 • trihealth.com
• Baby’s Amazing Journey This workshop helps parents navigate the first year of life with baby, including how to deal with common eating, sleeping and fussiness issues. 6:45 p.m. March 12; $35. • Birthing With Ease This birthing workshop takes to task the myth that suffering must accompany labor. 6:45 p.m. March 4, 11, 18 and 25; $200 for eight-week package. • Toddler Tantrum Survival Guide Learn about the reasons behind toddler tantrums and how to deal with them effectively. 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. March 14; $30. • SmallTalk Learn to “talk” to your hearing baby or toddler with American Sign Language and improve your communication skills with your little one. 6:45 p.m. March 10; $50 (includes pictorial dictionary and DVD).
CHABAD JEWISH CENTER
3977 Hunt Road 513-793-5200 • chabada.com • Musical Purim Party Come in costume and ready to make some noise! Craft colorful musical instruments using fun and exciting materials. 2 - 4 p.m. March 1; $10 with advanced RSVP, $15 at the door. • Mini Mommies and Daddies Passover Party Get ready for independence! Little ones make grape juice, peel veggies, soak lettuce and prepare a little seder for the parents. Instill pride and confidence as they practice their fine and gross motor skills in a loving, warm environment. 2 - 4 p.m. March 29; $10 with advanced RSVP, $15 at the door.
CINCINNATI ART MUSEUM
953 Eden Park Drive 877-472-4226 • cincinnatiartmuseum.org • FREE Baby Tour Sign up for this 30-minute tour of the CAM that is designed to stimulate your eyes and minds. Please note that strollers are not permitted. 2 p.m. March 20. • Art in the Making: Fashion Design Ages 6 - 12 and their parents are invited to this class led by a local artist that includes a gallery tour and an art project. 1 - 3 p.m. March 21; $10 per adult/child members, $20 per adult/child nonmembers, $3 and $6 for each additional person. • Art + Design Teen Workshop Teens can explore creative fields and industries with working artists and professionals before putting their own skills to the test with a project on designer toys and 3D printing. 2 - 4 p.m. March 28; $5 members, $10 nonmembers.
CINCINNATI FAMILY ENRICHMENT CENTER 4244 Hamilton Ave. 513-591-2332 • theplaceforfamilies.com
9393 Montgomery Road 513-791-1089 • bluecocoonbaby.com
• CFEC Classes Register for the center’s classes for ages birth to 5 years, including Tummy Time, Parent-Baby Yoga, Baby Yoga, Movers and Shakers, Crawlers and Climbers, ABCs and 123s, JitterBugs, Curious Kids, Toddler Times, Earth Rocks, Preschool FUNdamentals, and Karma Kids. Class packages range from $50 - $150.
• Classes at Blue Cocoon Sign up for classes at Blue Cocoon, including Mommy & Me Yoga and Prenatal Yoga; Baby Yoga and Tummy Time; Creative Movement, Ballet/Jazz and Baby Wearing Ballet; Toddler’s Acting and Little Show Stoppers; Come Sign With Me, Ballet/Jazz, Baby Wearing Ballet and Creative Movement.
• Family Classes Register for classes for the family including Whale of a Tale, Imagination Station, Family Fiesta, Animal Action, Cupcake Kids, PeaWee Patch, Cultural Club, Yoga Adventures, Rise & Shine, DRUMatic, Hands Up, and new classes Grossology and Music Express. Class packages range from $50 $110.
BLUE MANATEE CHILDREN’S BOOKSTORE
• Parent Classes Register for parent workshops including BellyRobics, Signing Safari, The Potty Train, Tree of Life prenatal yoga, and more. Class package prices vary.
• Hello Spring! Join friends ages 3 - 5 to celebrate spring — read favorite books about the season and make a craft full of bright flowers. 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. March 20; $5.
• Tummy to Tummy Learn about the benefits of wearing your baby in a carrier or sling, including calming a fussy baby, aiding good digestion, and promoting better sleep patterns. 12:45 p.m. March 14; donations gratefully accepted.
3054 Madison Road 513-731-2665 • bluemanateebooks.com
44 March 2015
“Where Every Family Matters.”
• Breastfeeding Realities This class teaches parents the basics of breastfeeding along with ways to avoid many typical breastfeeding problems. Led by an international board certified lactation consultant. 3 - 5 p.m. March 21; $30. • What About Sleep? Learn about baby’s sleeping and how to get a better night’s rest for the both of you. 12:45 p.m. March 7; call for price.
CINCINNATI MUSEUM CENTER 1301 Western Ave. 513-287-7000 or cincymuseum.org
• Learning Through Play Join the area’s best childhood development experts for a family interactive, one-day conference that explains how open-ended, hands-on play is crucial to your child’s growth and development. • Mini Makers Ages 5 - 10 are invited to these interactive workshops. This month, kids explore Cloud Lamps (March 14); Motor Madness (March 21); and Blowin’ UP! (March 28). All programs begin at 2:30 p.m.; $8 members, $10 plus admission nonmembers. • Explorer’s University Ages 9 - 15 explore the world of science! This month, kids learn about the science behind the game of basketball. 2 - 3:30 p.m. March 14; free with admission. • Sprouts Institute Infants to 6-year-olds and their grown-ups can explore a variety of family workshops. This month, explore the Joy of Art (March 2); Little Yogis (March 30); Miss Meghan’s Music (March 9); and Zumbini (March 16). All programs begin at 10:15 a.m. $8 members, $10 plus admission nonmembers.
CINCINNATI NATURE CENTER AT ROWE WOODS
4949 Tealtown Road, Milford 513-831-1711 • cincynature.org Daily admission for nonmembers $8 adults, $6 seniors and active military, $3 ages 4 -12 • Bluebirding Basics 101 The Nature Center welcomes the Ohio Bluebird Society to share their knowledge and passion for bluebirds and bluebird nest box monitoring. Learn about the history of bluebirds in Ohio then take a short hike to check boxes and learn how you can monitor at home. Best for ages 10 and older; please dress for the weather. 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. March 14; free with admission. • DIY Garden Mushroom Decoration RSVP by March 19. Garden season will soon be upon us — make and decorate your own concrete mushroom to help cheer up your garden. For ages 6 and older. 2 - 3 p.m. March 28; $7 plus admission.
CINCINNATI OBSERVATORY CENTER 3489 Observatory Place 513-321-5186 • cincinnatiobservatory.org
• Astronomy 2.0 Turn your love of astronomy into a lifelong hobby with this short-course for beginners who want to take their knowledge to the next level, led by Dean Regas, co-host of the PBS’ Star Gazer. He will discuss a variety of topics like comets and meteors, the new and improved solar system, star clusters and galaxies. Students will then get first-hand experience using the many observatory telescopes. 7 - 9 p.m. March 18 and 25; $30 for the series ($25 for members).
(please turn the page)
Cincinnati Family magazine March 2015