Introduction to Endeavor Information Session | May 9 | 6:30 p.m. | Nahdet El Mahrousa
Endeavor is a global non-profit organization that identifies and supports innovative high-growth entrepreneurs in emerging countries
Endeavor is transforming emerging countries by establishing HIGH-IMPACT ENTREPRENEURSHIP
as the leading force for sustainable economic development.
Founded in 1997
Now in 11 Countries
25 Countries by 2025
How We Do It
Seek out Most Promising Ventures
Provide Companies with Customised Support
• Engage candidates through a six-step duediligence selection process • Engage a network of business leaders to review the companies and give feedback to candidates
• Connect Endeavor Entrepreneurs to mentors • Conduct Strategic Assessments, set up Advisory Boards • Offer consulting & advice, networking & connections
Build a Venture Ecosystem • Generate more media coverage of entrepreneurship • Create entrepreneurial role models • Form partnerships with relevant organizations
How do we select a High-Impact Entrepreneur?
High-Impact Entrepreneurs come in different sizes BARRIER BREAKER Compelling personal story, facing many challenges. Strong market potential, needs financial analysis.
LOCAL STAR Strong local establishment, unrecognized growth potential. High brand recognition, business at inflection point.
DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH Ambitious & visionary, but unsure of future strategy. Business is early stage, but has huge global potential.
SUREFIRE SUCCESS Mature entrepreneur, strong business background. Business has untapped global growth opportunities.
How do we support High-Impact Entrepreneurs? Support Services • Strategic Assessments • Educational Sessions • Top 25
• Advisory Boards • Consulting (eMBA, Fellows...) • Access to Capital (MCP)
Media Engagement • E-bulletin • Monthly Coverage • Viral Videos (E-Moments)
Networks • Networking events (Mixers, Local & Int’l Panels...) • Global Connections
Global Impact Metrics (2009)
Relevant organizations in the entrepreneurial landscape (media, NGO’s, EDU’s, GOV…)
Who makes up Endeavor Egypt ? Partners Team & Board
Established business professional, industry experts & serial e’eurs committed to giving back
Endeavor Egyptâ€™s Portfolio of High-Impact Entrepreneurs (March 2010) Hiba Jammal & Tarek Khaddaj
Hind & Nadia Wassef
Ahmed Metwally & Mostafa Hafez
Endeavor Entrepreneurs in Egypt
based on 2010e averages
… we aim to build a thriving national entrepreneurial ecosystem • Trust-based relationship lower transaction costs
• The Velocity of Knowledge & The Velocity of Capital
• The New ROI: Return on Investment Involvement
• “Play a fair deal from the beginning, and it will stay fair until the end.”
• Failure IS a positive metric