10 Easy Ways to Improve Your Vision
By Daniel Harper
For more info visit
I’m sure most of you have already imagined how it would be like if you lose your sight – not being able to see your face, see the beauty of nature, etc. I’m also sure that you will agree that it’s difficult and scary. Our eyes are very precious because most of our activities, especially those concerning our health, require vision so it is our responsibility to take good care of it. Here are ten easy ways to improve your eyesight.
1. Eat more fruits. Studies have shown that men and women who eat more fruits especially those rich in antioxidants such as berries, were the least likely to develop age-related eye degeneration, the leading cause of blindness to older people.
2. Choose red onions instead of white or yellow. Red onions contain high levels of an antioxidant called quercetin that protects the eyes against cataracts.
3. Do not aim car vents at your eyes. Aiming your car vents at your eyes is a bad idea because the dry, airconditioned air will suck the moisture out of your eyes. Serious dryness of the eyes can lead to corneal abrasions or even blindness.
4. Take your daily dose of multivitamins. If antioxidants can do wonders, vitamins and minerals can be as beneficial as well. Studies have shown that men and women who have healthy doses of vitamin A and zinc are less likely to develop cataracts than those who donâ€™t.
5. Wear sunglasses. When going out into the sun, make sure that you wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the glare and damaging UV rays of the sun. If you can, wear a broad-brimmed hat together with your sunglasses for extra protection. Not only it will protect your eyes, but it will also prevent the development of wrinkles around it.
6. Reduce salt intake. Eating salty foods can increase your chances of developing cataracts. In addition, salty foods can contribute to higher blood pressure â€“ one of the leading causes of blindness in the United States.
7. Give your eyes a break. When youâ€™re working or reading, try to make sure to give your eyes a break every 30 minutes. Look away from your computer monitor or book and look at something distant for at least 30 seconds. Try to do something else that doesnâ€™t require a lot of eye-work for the next 30 minutes to prevent eye fatigue and eyestrain.
8. Replace your makeup kit. For most women, makeup is part of a daily ritual. And most of the makeup is used to beautify the eyes. But bacteria can accumulate in eye makeup over time which can be easily transferred to your eyes and cause infection. Make sure to replace your mascara every three months and other makeup once a year.
9. Observe proper eye hygiene. This is simply about making sure that you don’t put anything that is dirty in contact with your eyes. If you wear contact lenses, make sure that your lenses and hands are clean before putting it on or removing them. Make sure that your eye wear are clean before using them and always store them in a clean place. Lastly, don’t rub your eyes when it’s itchy as this could lead to conjunctivitis or pink eye.
10. Protect your eyes. When doing carpentry or yard work, make sure that you wear protective goggles to prevent small debris from getting to your eyes. The debris can cause corneal abrasions or other serious injury which can lead to blindness. Also, wear goggles when swimming to protect your eyes from the chlorine.
They say that the eyes are the window to the soul. And it is also a window at which we gaze upon so we can enjoy the visual blessings of life. Learn how to appreciate the gift of vision and do your best to keep it.
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others.” ~Audrey Hepburn
Are you really serious about becoming healthy mind, body and spirit and change your life once and for all! Learn the truth about transforming your body into the body of your dreams. Discover the new you by joining Vince Delmonte’s No Nonsense Body building. This program is filled with the stuff they don’t want you to know. Click Here! Lose fat and gain muscle without cardio. Discover the cardio free fat loss workouts using weight training exercise and interval training to burn fat, get rid of stubborn belly fat, and build muscle. Click Here!