This training course aims at training the operators how to operate and maintain sewage pumping stations and overcome common daily problems and at introducing them to relevant health and safety measurements.
Jordanian Guideline No. 503 Operating Instructions for the Personnel of Wastewater Pumping Installation and further material.
Technical staff, operators and engineers who are working in the field of operating and maintenance of sewage pumping stations
No. of participants
Maximum 20 Participants.
Eng. Abdelrahman Al-omari: Operation and maintenance Water Expert at Engicon with 43 years of experience in the field of O&M in the water utilities and the private sector. Eng. Wael Zureikat: Head of Mechanical Engineering Department at Engicon Eng. Maher Haddadin: Senior Mechanical Engineer, owner and manager of Modern Industrial Services Establishment
Lectures, site visits, discussions, practical training.
26 - 30 of August 2012
Engicon O&M Training Centre, Amman
5 days (30 hours)
Written test, minimum. 0.5 hour Multiple Choice Test
Certificate will be issued by ACWUA, Engicon O&M and DWA to all attendees completing minimum of 85% of the total training hours.
Welcome, Training Course Outline, Expectations, Pre-course test.
Sewage Pumping Station
- Components of sewage pumping station - Hydraulics of sewage pumping stations - Responsibilities of sewage pumping station operator
Health & Safety Instructions and Requirements
- Personal protective equipments - Safety equipments at the site - Equipment hazards: safety measures in handling motors, controls, pumps, electrical systems...etc.
- site spill hazards, cleaning the site, station security, doors, gates, looksâ€Śetc. - Security procedures
- Pumps types/wet & dry - Installation of pumps - Pumps selection - Maintenance of pumps
- Main valves - Installation of valves - Functions of valves - Inspection of valves
- Connection of the electrical parts - Operation of electrical installations - Inspection of electrical installations - Maintenance of electrical installations
Operating of pumping stations
- Daily operation requirements - Normal start up - Start up after hydraulic maintenance
- Full shut down - Partial shut down - Bypassing procedures
Day Four Processing Data, Site Visit Emergency Operating Plans and Procedures
Vulnerability analysis for emergency conditions: - Power failure, equipment failure - Natural disasters - Failure of emergency warning system Methods to reduce vulnerability Emergency notification system - Preventive maintenance - Lubrication schedule and type of lubricant - Trouble shooting, Water hammer - Bad odor & corrosion prevention
- Preparing of daily O&M forms - Recording of operating faults
- Operating procedures - Maintenance procedures
Course Overview Feedback/Evaluation Test
Total Training Hours: 30
O&M of Sewage Pumping Stations General Procedures 26-30 August 2012, Amman - Jordan
1.5 Reporting & documenting
Water Utilities Management Capacity Building Program WUM-CBP
0.5 0.5 0.5