Page 28

1920s 1924 Evangelical Theological College founded.

Lewis Sperry Chafer assumed presidency.

About DTS

1925 Doctrinal Statement officially adopted.

1926

Current campus site purchased.

1927 First permanent building erected (Davidson Hall).

Doctor of Theology (ThD) degree program initiated. 1929

Stearns Hall erected.

1934

Publishing of Bibliotheca Sacra assumed.

1930s

1935 Master of Theology (ThM) program begun.

1936 Name changed to Dallas Theological Seminary and Graduate School of Theology.

1950s 1952 John F. Walvoord became second president.

1953

Chafer Chapel construction completed.

1960s 1960

Mosher Library erected.

1969 Accreditation received from Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).

Name changed to Dallas Theological Seminary.

1970s 1971

Summer School program launched.

Todd Academic Center erected.

1974 Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) (MABS) program begun.

1975

Campbell Academic Center erected.

1980s 1980

1981

Doctor of Ministry program introduced.

Walvoord Student Center erected.

1982 Master of Arts in Christian Education (MACE) program begun.

1986 Donald K. Campbell became third president.

Center for Christian Leadership established.

1987 Master of Arts in Cross-cultural Ministries (MACM) program begun.

1988 Howard G. Hendricks Center for Christian Leadership building purchased.

24

1989

Turpin Library dedicated.

San Antonio Extension program begun.

Profile for Dallas Theological Seminary

2019-2020 DTS Catalog  

This 2019–2020 catalog contains degree plans, course descriptions, faculty listings, and the doctrinal statement of Dallas Theological Semin...

2019-2020 DTS Catalog  

This 2019–2020 catalog contains degree plans, course descriptions, faculty listings, and the doctrinal statement of Dallas Theological Semin...