PLUMBING Your Customers Need Sump Pump Backup – And A.Y. McDonald Makes You The Hero! The 5000PVSPBU Sump Pump Battery Backup System from A.Y. McDonald provides a solid defense when a primary pump fails for any reason.
• Exceptional performance boosts your image – This system comes with a tough 5000 PVSPBU 12V Thermoplastic sump pump that moves up to 25 gallons per minute. • Includes controls and alarms to keep owners informed – This system includes operating and low-battery alarms, alarm reset and a test feature. • Durable construction keeps it pumping under tough conditions – It includes a:
• Vertical switch
• Dual o-ring motor/housing seal
• 1¼" or 1½" discharge (pump discharge 1¼" with check valve 1½")
• 10' Cord
Solve Your Customers’ Hard Water Problems With The Windsor Series From Capital Water Softener. Windsor Series water softeners are optimal for residences with poor-quality water.
• An innovative valve means fewer callbacks – This series utilizes the premium Capital Valve, made from solid brass, for added years of trouble-free service. •
Convenient features will make this an easy sell – The Windsor Series has a number of adjustable settings for hardness, capacity and time of regeneration. Plus it includes a digital display for time of day and gallons remaining.
MFG# WS-24 WAR# 915800124
MFG# 5000PVSPBU WAR# 950505000
Are You A Mind Reader? I have to believe many people reading this are in a similar boat as me…married. If not, I’m sure you’ve been in a relationship you’ve considered at least mildly serious. If exhibits A or B are true, you’ve also likely heard something like this [not so calmly]: “Don’t you know what I’m thinking by now?” Sound familiar? My response has always been [calmly], “I’m not a mind reader and don’t have ESP…but I do have ESPN. So please just tell me what you’re thinking instead of making me guess.”
We know this firsthand because it’s simply been too long since we’ve gone down this very path. We’ve been fortunate to do business with customers that “guide” us with candid feedback, but we also realize much of this comes to us sporadically and usually as a result of “an event.” So we’ve now invested in an annual customer feedback process to make sure that we have a way to look at our feedback collectively, and the first survey should be coming to a mailbox near you soon!
So how in the world does this relate to our business? Well, when was the last time you asked your customers what they think of your service? I’m not talking about the idle chitchat, “How are things going?” kind of question, but actually taking a determined approach to bringing your customers’ voice into your business. Maybe your customers expect you to know what they’re thinking without having to tell you. Or perhaps you think they’ll share something if there’s something to share. Neither is a great way to ensure that the people you should be designing your business around are being heard.
So if you received the survey, and it’s still sitting on your desk, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE complete it and send it in… we really can’t read your mind! Better yet, think about how you can move away from tea leaves, tarot cards and mind reading to find out what your customers are thinking.
Printed On 100% Recycled Paper!
ELECTRICAL Enjoy The Benefits Of Ultra Fast, Ultra Easy Installation With ULTRA Series Ventilation Fans From NuTone . ™
Whether you remodel, retrofit or install in new construction, an ULTRA Series Ventilation Fan will save time and increase your profitability.
• ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology makes these fans up to 60% faster to install in retrofits and up to 20% faster in new construction. • Easy-to-insert blower and housing snap into place. • Telescoping mounting frame installs room-side – no attic access required. • Vertical positioning tabs easily ensure the housing is in the right place. • Pre-installed screws in the mounting frame allow for quick installation.
Model XN & ZN
Easy To Transport. Easy To Store. Easy To Use. Lenox Speed Slot Hole Saw Mini Kits Make Cutting A Cinch! ®
Save time and get jobs done faster – These kits come stocked with a variety of hole saw sizes most commonly used by electricians, resulting in fewer trips back and forth to the truck.
A heavy-duty case means your hole saws are always where you want them – Made from impact-resistant polypropylene with a durable metal latch and metal hinge pins, the kit’s case is designed to withstand daily use in the toughest environments.
Electrician’s 8-piece MFG# 1815139 WAR# 130315139
Plumber’s 7-piece MFG# 1815195 WAR# 130315195
Quickly Repair – And Prevent – Costly Refrigerant Leaks With Nu-Calgon A/C EasySeal! A/C EasySeal is designed to prevent, as well as repair, leaks anywhere in the system, including condensers, evaporators, copper lines and soldered joints.
• Find leaks faster – A/C EasySeal circulates through the system with the refrigerant, seeking out even the smallest leaks. •
Seal it right the first time – A/C EasySeal will react with moisture and air that are naturally present at a leak, forming a secure seal. Just add a can to the system and move on to the next job.
MFG# 4050-06 WAR# 012840500
Mark Boland from W.A. Roosevelt-La Crosse and
his son (and future turkey caller), Trevor, show
golf balls up until the mid-19th century?
2. In all three Godfather films, what fruit shown indicates that there is a death (or a very close call) coming up soon?
3. What public golf course is the most
expensive in the world, with a price tag of $500 a round?
4. How fast does a sneeze travel when it comes out of your mouth?
off a turkey Boland nabbed during a hunt.
1. What material was used to stuff leather
Fast FACTS The very first baseball game was played on June 19, 1846, in Hoboken, New York. Female walleye grow faster, live longer and become much larger than males. 40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet. One out of three employees in the United States who receive a promotion use a coffee mug with the company logo on it.
1. feathers 2. oranges 3. shadow creek in
las vegas, nevada 4. more than 100 m.p.h.
REFRIGERATION Reduce Your Inventory With 3-in-1 Motors From Century.
The 3-in-1 multi-horsepower motor is able to replace OEM shaded pole evaporator fan motors found in Heatcraft, Bohn, Chandler, Climate Control and other refrigeration equipment. With Century’s 3-in-1 motors you can take advantage of:
• Fewer failures with cooler operation – The 3-in-1 motor uses a permanent split capacitor design that allows the motor to deliver more power with a lower amp draw. • Quick installation – The 3-in-1 motor comes with extra mounting nuts to speed up installation time.
MFG# 9721 WAR# 642909721
Superior Refrigeration System Control Starts With Intermatic Timers! Minimize customer callbacks with a defrost timer that is as smart as it is reliable! DTAV40 Series Defrost Timers are ideal for air defrost (compressor shutdown) and electric or hot gas defrost systems where the defrost is terminated by the timer. However, if the coil is frost free, temperature or pressure switches will end the defrost before the programmed termination time has been reached, increasingly the system’s efficiency. MFG# DTAV40 WAR# 498900040
Be A Part Of
Packers Rewards Weekend! We’re going to Lambeau Field, and you can too! Join W.A. Roosevelt on December 1–2 to see the Packers against the Vikings!
Learn how at www.waroosevelt.com!
DidYou Know? eWarehouse is W.A. Roosevelt’s brand new online ordering system! See it for yourself at www.waroosevelt.com
WINNERS Of This Month’s
Spotlight Super Code
PRESORTED STD US POSTAGE
PAID Box 13573 Grand Forks, ND 58208-3573
Detroit Lakes, MN Permit No. 14
Check the code on the printed version of your May issue of Spotlight to see if you are a winner! If your code matches one of the codes above, bring in your May Spotlight to your local W.A. Roosevelt to claim 1000 Roosevelt Reward QuickPoints! Plus, don’t forget to hang on to the printed version of this issue of Spotlight to see if you’re a winner in July!
HVAC System Evacuations Made Easy – The Supco VG64 Digital Vacuum Gauge Gets The Job Done Fast! It’s easy to see why more and more HVAC/R professionals choose the VG64 for vacuum measurements during system evacuations:
• Ultra-fine resolution (as low as 1 Micron) • ½-second response time • Auto shut-off • Built-in hanger • Easy access cleaning port • Measures vacuum in seven international units MFG# VG-64 WAR# 715212664
June Featured Products Todd’s Current DSG Outdoors Pop Quiz Fast Facts Did You Know?