UTILITY Champion Fiberglass Elbows Keep Cables From Burning Through During Pulls. Champion Fiberglass Elbows are lightweight and UL listed, and they offer a number of advantages:
• Install long conduit runs without a pull box thanks to one of the lowest coefficient of friction numbers of any conduit system. • Installs easily whether you’re using a two-deep socket PVC coupling or a deep socket coupling with a female adapter. • Eliminates the need for grounding bushings and exothermic grounding typically required for protection during a cable fault. • Resists corrosion and is unaffected by cable faults.
Part Numbers: 20CSW921D 20CSW931D 40CHW921D 40CHW931D 50CHW921D 50CHW931D
Reduce Long-term Injuries And Discomfort On Job Sites! Extreme Standing Mats® from Working Concepts, Inc. are the ultimate shock absorbers for jobs where workers are required to stand for long periods of time with little movement.
A safe and healthy worker is a productive worker! Extreme Standing mats: • Keep the body in gentle motion to improve circulation and joint lubrication • Eliminate high-frequency vibrations • Strengthen the muscles that keep us upright and balanced Durable and resilient to stand up under tough conditions! Extreme Standing Mats are: • • • •
Lightweight Waterproof Non-conductive Self-extinguishing
Part Numbers: W45032 W45070
What Difference Does It Make? DSG has been in business since Moby Dick was a minnow (and that’s a really, really long time). We’re proud of that fact, but it’s never been our main selling message. Why? Because we’re pretty sure that our busy customers don’t spend a lot of time thinking about DSG’s history. They have budgets and deadlines that are much more important to them, and that’s what they really want to know about – not how long we’ve been in business. I would encourage you to think about your own sales messages the same way. Ask yourself this simple question: What difference does this make to my customer? “We’ve been in the plumbing business for 25 years,” says your radio commercial. Does a homeowner care? Wouldn’t they rather hear about your new line of tankless water heaters or the 24-hour service you specialize in? Those things have clear benefits for your customers, and that’s what gets their attention.
(volume pricing?) while the second is significantly more obvious (I’m glad they’re fast, because I need help now). The first statement focuses on you, while the second focuses on your customers. It’s the difference between that guy in golf league who only wants to talk about himself and your fishing buddy who focuses the conversation on you. Which one do you want to be around more? It’s time to re-think the messages that you are putting out to the public. Who are you talking about – you or your customers? Show people how you can help them succeed, and I bet they’ll be glad to let you try.
Which of these messages holds more promise for your customers: “We’re really large” or “We’re really fast?” The first statement has some implied benefits
Printed On 100% Recycled Paper!
METERING TECHNOLOGY Do It All With Itron AMR And DSG! • Reduce labor costs • Increase billing accuracy • Improve customer service
As the world’s leading provider of data collection technology, Itron’s proven approach offers a range of AMR solutions, and implementation is a lot easier than you think (it virtually pays for itself!). AMR technology from Itron continues to be the smart choice for utilities of all types and sizes.
ELECTRICAL Ultra Fast, Ultra Easy Installation With ULTRA Series Ventilation Fans From Broan-NuTone . ™
Whether you remodel, retrofit or install in new construction, an ULTRA Series Ventilation Fan will save you time and increase your profitability.
• ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology makes these fans up to 60% faster to install in retrofit installations and up to 20% faster in new construction. • Easy-to-insert blower and housing snap into place. • Telescoping mounting frame installs room-side – no attic access required. • Vertical positioning tabs easily ensure the housing is in the right place. • Pre-installed screws in the mounting frame allow for quick installation.
PLUMBING Cut Tub & Shower Faucet Installation Time By 75% With Roblane Universal E-Z Mounts! AmeriStar Manufacturing’s tub and shower faucet bracket is great for remodeling and significantly reduces installation time because it:
• Adapts for most tub and shower faucets
• Adjusts in depth and width • Simplifies single/double valve faucet replacement Part Number: 015466
2. 3. 4.
2. In all three Godfather films, what fruit shown indicates that there is a death (or a very close call) coming up soon?
3. What public golf course is the most
expensive in the world, with a price tag of $500 a round?
4. How fast does a sneeze travel when it
comes out of your mouth?
Fast FACTS The very first baseball game was played on June 19, 1846, in Hoboken, New York. Female walleye grow faster, live longer and become much larger than males. 40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet. One out of three employees in the United States who receive a promotion use a coffee mug with the company logo on it.
golf balls up until the mid-19th century?
1. feathers 2. oranges 3. shadow creek in
1. What material was used to stuff leather
las vegas, nevada 4. more than 100 m.p.h.
Shane McCollum from DSG Fargo (right) and Scott Gravlin from CB & Sons pose next to a truck full of beavers from a recent expedition.
AUTOMATION Keep Critical Components Safe With A Drive That Can Stand Up To Harsh Environments. Schneider Electric’s Altivar 61 and Altivar 71 Field Drives are perfect for irrigation, oil and gas pumping and other outdoor applications. These drives are designed with the heat sink mounted out the back of the enclosure, removing almost 90% of its heat and eliminating the need for cooling fans and filters. These drives allow you to:
• Eliminate the challenge of keeping filters clean • Reduce the risk of clogging and equipment failures • Minimize maintenance by isolating vital components
WATERWORKS Put Water To Work For You: DSG Opens New Waterworks Branch In Bismarck! Here’s what it means for municipalities and rural water customers in North Dakota:
• Exclusive American AVK Products – Now you can take advantage of some of the best products in the waterworks industry – exclusive only to DSG. • Large Inventory – This new branch stocks a full-line waterworks inventory housed in its 15,000-square-foot warehouse and large yard area. • Fast Shipping & Delivery – By working together with DSG’s existing branches in Bismarck, Minot and Williston, waterworks products will be delivered when and where you need them.
4500 Carbine Dr
ive, Bismarck, N
To learn more, contact Waterworks Group Manager and Waterworks Bismarck Branch Manager Malcolm Macdonald at (855) 337-9258.
DidYou Know? DSG’s web site has a brand new look with easier navigation and more resources. See for yourself at www.dakotasupplygroup.com
WINNERS Of This Month’s
PRESORTED STD US POSTAGE
Box 13573 Grand Forks, ND 58208-3573
PAID Detroit Lakes, MN Permit No. 14
Spotlight Super Code
Check the code on the printed version of your May issue of Spotlight to see if you are a winner! If your code matches one of the codes above, bring in your May Spotlight to your local DSG to claim your prize! Plus, don’t forget to hang on to the printed version of this issue of Spotlight to see if you’re a winner in July!
HVAC Get The Most Out Of Your Business With The DSG Portal. DSG has created a new online tool made especially for busy contractors. It’s called the DSG Portal, and it’s both free and private. Here are just a few of the ways the DSG Portal will benefit you:
• Helps you and your crew stay organized – Included in the DSG Portal is an easy-to-use calendar that helps you stay on top of upcoming events and keeps everyone on schedule. • Easy time tracking improves productivity – The handy time card system makes it simple for employees to track their time and minimizes the potential for lost hours. • Makes showcasing your work easier – The gallery in the DSG Portal lets you keep important photos in one conveniently accessible location. It’s a great way to let before and after photos do the selling for you. To get started using the DSG Portal, please contact your DSG representative.
June Featured Products Tom’s Current DSG Outdoors Pop Quiz Fast Facts Did You Know?