/ new season trends / hot poolside style / perfect wedding attire
scent-sational / fashionable fragrances to put a spring in your step spring soirĂŠe / outdoor entertaining made easy
SPRING SUMMER 2012
BOUTIQUES POP IN, TRY ON YOUR FAVOURITE LABELS Featuring fabulous fashion by T by Bettina Liano NF by Nicola Finetti Jayson Brunsdon Black Label Wayne by Wayne Cooper Hi There by Karen Walker and more! Plus Myer gift card giveaways Cosmetic & fragrance sampling Pamper sessions Fashion & beauty tips Monday 3 to Sunday 16 September Centre Court, Level 1
‘Like’ us to keep up-to-date with details on the Myer pop-up boutiques and more.
2 Terms and conditions apply. Visit the Information Desk, Level 2 for full details.
0812_IND_pg2-3 - Contents.indd 2
21/8/12 2:25:13 PM
/ new season
ALWAYS TEMPTING Welcome to the spring summer edition of the Indooroopilly Shopping Centre magazine. With the days growing longer and temperatures rising, the new season is upon us and with it comes colourful fashion, bold swimwear, beauty makeovers and backyard entertaining by the pool. This edition we show you how to embrace the pastel trend, choose your new season scent, plus be the best dressed guest in time for wedding season. Don’t miss your chance to win a $100 Indooroopilly Shopping Centre gift card every day in early September! Turn the magazine over for all the details. For the latest news visit indooroopillyshopping.com.au
A BRAND NEW TARGET AND A FABULOUS COLLECTION OF NEW CHILDREN’S FASHION STORES OPENING THURSDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2012.
/ ﬂoral prints are big, bold and bountiful this season 8
/ zesty citrus hues
WIN A VIP CAR PARK AND A $1000 SHOPPING SPREE You have the chance to win your very own car park for a month plus a $1000 shopping spree! There are 10 VIP prizes to be won. Simply complete the entry form on the front cover and enter at the Information Desk, Level 2. Valid from Tuesday 4 September 2012 to Friday 28 September 2012. Visit the Information Desk, Level 2 for full terms and conditions.
for summery style 26
COSTUME PARTY / glamorous looks for beach and poolside
This publication is produced for the retailers of Indooroopilly Shopping Centre. All prices and product descriptions are believed to be correct at the time of printing. Indooroopilly Shopping Centre and its retailers will not be held responsible for any discrepancies.
0812_IND_pg2-3 - Contents.indd 3
/ fashion and homewares follow a tribal beat
23/8/12 5:57:37 PM
BEAU T Y IN BEAUTY BEAUT BLOOM
0812_IND_pg4-5 - Florals Female Fashion.indd 4
23/8/12 5:59:15 PM
A â€˜50S STYLE SKINNY HIGH WAISTED BELT COMPLETES THIS MAD MEN LOOK.
/ arrangement David Lawrence
Not for wallflowers, this season big, bold and beautiful floral prints are taking centre stage on the runway.
NT COMPLEME H W PRINTS IT NTS E C C NEUTRAL A
THIS WHIMSICAL FLORAL SKIRT HAS JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF FLOWER POWER AND BOLD COLOUR.
1. Floral shirt $99.95, Sportsgirl 2. Lace pencil skirt $149.95, Witchery 3. Shiny streak belt $19.99, Mombasa 4. DKNY shoulder bag $369, Myer 5. Liston resin bow bracelet $95, Oroton 6. Vogue sunglasses $129.95, Myer 7. Capri heel $149.95, Joanne Mercer 8. Just Peachy v-neck tie back dress $89.95, Laura Ashley 9. Floral skirt $139, Laura Ashley 10. Cannonball heel $159.95, Nine West
Opposite: Fashions courtesy of Cue, Adorne, Oroton and David Lawrence belt.
0812_IND_pg4-5 - Florals Female Fashion.indd 5
23/8/12 6:00:13 PM
SHAKUHACHI HAS ARRIVED AT PRINCESS POLLY! Princess Polly Level 2 p 3878 1796
A modern twist on the ‘50s style handbag adds new life and colour into this vintage look.
colour me happy Lush’s newest product, Emotional Brilliance cosmetics, offers lipsticks, eyeliners and shadows in a range of colours designed to suit your skin tone and mood!
11 FOR SEE PAGE HI’S NEW SHAKUHAC YLES SEASON ST
Lush Level 2 p 3878 2902
STRONG WILLED ACCESSORY LOVERS REJOICE! SAMANTHA WILLS’ JEWELLERY ARRIVES IN-CENTRE IN EARLY SEPTEMBER. 3.
1. Ooh La La handbag $129, Zelows 2. Guess Sheena colour block bag $199, Strandbags 3. Centre Line top handle bag $89.95, Nine West 4. Pebble Leather Bowling bag $249, David Lawrence
0812_IND_pg6-7 - Fash snippets - Summer essentials.indd 6
Manhattan Moments bracelet by Samantha Wills $350, Mott & Mulberry
Mott & Mulberry Level 2 p 1300 887 491
Sunburn is renowned for stocking hot labels such as Sunseeker, Seafolly and Jets and now its range is complete with Mink Pink making its way through the doors this spring summer. You’ll find floral prints, old Hollywood glamour and nautical nuances that will have you on-trend and looking fabulous. Sunburn Level 2 p 3878 9244
TURN TO PAG E 26 FOR NEW SEA SON SWIMSUITS A ND RESORTW EAR Mink Pink available at Sunburn
Sunseeker available at Sunburn
24/8/12 3:13:08 PM
Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses $430, Myer
L ASSES ED SUNG IZ S R E E V O ULTIMAT ARE THE RY O E ACCESS POOLSID
SUMMER / essentials
Make your summer style count with the hottest runway trends and key poolside pieces. BRIGHT GEMS
TROPICAL TWIST Every summer deserves a new one piece and this season’s tropical infused print is sure to make a poolside statement. Jets Plantation Empire one piece swimsuit $169, Sunburn
For those who are not so brave, neon earrings are a great way to try the trend. Beaded cascade earrings $14.99, Diva
VING WE’RE LO ILSON’S L E RACH B ST YLE ROMATIC MONOCH
0812_IND_pg6-7 - Fash snippets - Summer essentials.indd 7
SHAKEN NOT STIRRED Classic black and white is an everlasting investment when it comes to fashion. Update this traditional look with pop-coloured shorts for the warmer season.
MAKE LIKE AN OFF DUTY MODEL AND EXPERIMENT WITH BOLD PRINTS AND BRIGHT COLOURS. JAG Level 2 p 3878 1106
Micam heel $79.95, Novo
23/8/12 6:58:51 PM
0812_IND_pg8-9 - Female Citrus.indd 8
23/8/12 6:26:34 PM
4. 1. 5.
Indulge in the fresh fashion of summer. Orange, lemon and tangerine add a boost of verve and vibrancy.
Team your statement dress with a contrasting clutch for a zesty citrus twist.
ATION TAKE INSPIR RUNWAY FROM THE RINTS AND ADD P SHADES IN SIMILAR
9. 1. Tribal stripe scarf $50, Rodney Clark 2. Backless shift dress $149, Country Road 3. Lace tank $129.95, Witchery 4. Shell necklace $69.95, Blue Illusion 5. Tamara ballerina shoe $99.95, Sportscraft 6. Floral print top $79.95, Jacqui E 7. Ashlee prom dress $119.99, Forever New 8. Belted maxi dress $99.95, Portmans 9. Louise skinny tangerine and citrus belts $39.95 each, Sportscraft 10. Zahara wedge $169.95, Witchery 11. Akala lizard mini bag $345, Oroton
Opposite: Fashions courtesy of Myer, Portmans, Oroton and Colette by Colette Hayman.
0812_IND_pg8-9 - Female Citrus.indd 9
23/8/12 6:39:02 PM
/ both ways
Wear a versatile peplum top with patterned pants for lunch with the girls or styled with a pencil skirt and blazer for a more corporate occasion.
CREATES THE PEPLUM EMININE AN ULTRA-F SHAPE HOURGLASS
AN OVERSIZED ENVELOPE CLUTCH ADDS STATEMENT STYLE AND PRACTICALITY TO YOUR LOOK.
Aztec clutch $29.95, Portmans
Eyes Closed clutch $79.95, Nine West
Extra large envelope clutch $39.95, Colette by Colette Hayman
1. Versace sunglasses $370, Bright Eyes 2. Peplum top $39.95, Portmans 3. Friday On My Mind earrings by Samantha Wills $99, Mott & Mulberry 4. Floral pant $59.95, Dotti 5. Alannah clutch $34.95, Sportsgirl 6. Hone heel $189.95, Wittner 7. 1938 barrel bag $795, Oroton 8. Drop earrings $12.99, Diva 9. Collarless Pique crop jacket $229, David Lawrence 10. Jarini pencil skirt $245, Oroton 11. Chanel frames $599, OPSM 12. Patent heel $149.95, Nine West
0812_IND_pg10-11 - One top two ways / Fash interview.indd 10
24/8/12 3:14:28 PM
DESIGN / ﬁles For fashion that’s worthy of any downtown New York hipster, head into Princess Polly ITTLE WHITE to browse Shakuhachi’s TRY A LWD (L RN TAKE FOR A MODE ) SS E R D latest collection. IC DRESSING ON CLASS
Gleaning inspiration from the streets of Brooklyn, cult classic films and art, Shakuhachi designer Jessie White’s pieces offer a study in contrasts where embellished prim jackets are paired with shredded racer-back tanks. Evolving from a strong desire to create product that was “instinctive”, Jessie takes us through her future dreams, desires and inspirations for the label. What is your inspiration for the latest collection? New York City’s tough, sultry and steamy vibe. Describe your own style in three words: Relaxed, textured and daring. Who is your style icon? Of course, the timeless and ever-evolving Kate Moss. What sets Shakuhachi apart from other Australian designers? We strive to push the limits with leather and other textured fabrics to create defined style at a great price point.
What do you love about working in the fashion industry? I love that I am constantly surrounded by creative people and a beautiful challenging environment. I’m very lucky to be a part of such an amazing industry. Any advice for emerging designers? Work hard and keep sight of your goal, surround yourself with supportive people and you will make it. Who is the “Shakuhachi girl”? She’s cruisey yet sharp, and isn’t afraid to stand out from the crowd. What long term visions do you have for the label? I love watching my label grow and continue to inspire our loyal customers, and celebrities like Rihanna, Rachel Zoë and model Dree Hemingway who follow our brand. Princess Polly Level 2 p 3878 1796
SHAKUHACHI’S LATEST COLLECTION HAS SEEN THE LABEL MATURE WITH A STRONG FOCUS ON CRAFTSMANSHIP AND MATERIALS INCLUDING REFINED SILKS, LEATHER GOODS, TAILORING, CLEVER DETAILING, DISTINCTIVE PRINTS AND ACCESSORIES.
JESSIE WHITE ‘Like’ Princess Polly on Facebook for upcoming sales and offers!
0812_IND_pg10-11 - One top two ways / Fash interview.indd 11
23/8/12 6:07:51 PM
s s e r d THE STYLE For a relaxed, romantic outdoor wedding, soft pastel colours look beautiful in a garden setting. Add interest with soft draping, pleats and delicate lace.
THE ACCESSORIES A classic pump in a tonal shade lengthens your legs. Earrings in an on-trend shoulder-grazing style and a lace clutch add soft texture to complement a pretty dress.
4. 1. 3.
THE MAKE-UP This look calls for pretty and polished make-up. A warm pink blush and subtle lip gloss paired with a perfect pastel mani and pedi suits all skin tones.
THE HAIR Soft, romantic curls cascading from a ‘60s bouffant finishes this feminine and pretty look. The volume of this half-up half-down hairdo adds a sophisticated update to a sweet vintage style.
6. Oscar Oscar Salons
1. Long wood and crystal earrings $99, Veronika Maine 2. Lace When We Were Dancing dress $130, Princess Polly 3. Clinique powder blush $49, Myer 4. Estée Lauder lip gloss in Simply Pink $42, Harrison’s Pharmacy 5. Roxanne natural patent heel $139.95, Joanne Mercer 6. Crochet lace clutch $49, Adorne
0812_IND_pg12-13 - Female wedding.indd 12
23/8/12 6:48:24 PM
g the weddin to s e m o c tty When it e part in pre colour. th s s re d , n seaso print or h a hint of it w s e s s re d
e d o c
For a chic evening wedding reception, a timeless monochromatic colour palette is always stylish. A demure shape and an interesting print will flatter without overwhelming.
THE ACCESSORIES 1.
Keep the accessories elegantly simple with a neutral-toned structured clutch, skinny belt and heels. Add shimmer with sparkly jewellery pieces in a classic style.
THE MAKE-UP Add polish to a black and white dress with a nude pink manicure. To ensure your base stays put throughout the ceremony and beyond, apply a primer for a flawless finish.
THE HAIR Taking inspiration from vintage fashion, a structured ‘60s beehive is given a modern makeover. The sleek volume of the hairstyle offers the ideal counterpart to the retro feel and elegant mood of this chic look.
Oscar Oscar Salons
IF YOU PREFER TO LEAVE IT TO THE EXPERTS FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS, HAVE YOUR HAIR PROFESSIONALLY STYLED AT STEFAN, SUBLIME HAIRDRESSING OR JON LE COURT. 1. Selma earrings $198, Swarovski 2. Jayson Brunsdon belted Black Label dress $299, Myer 3. Jendi fascinator $120, Tracey Mathers Shoe Studio 4. Auto Pilot pre-foundation skin primer $55, Napoleon Perdis 5. Revlon Classic nail enamel in Sheer Pink $15.95, Harrison’s Pharmacy 6. Baria heel $179.95, Wittner 7. Agenda clutch $59.95, Nine West
0812_IND_pg12-13 - Female wedding.indd 13
24/8/12 3:15:28 PM
PERFECT / match
Be the best dressed guests at the wedding with complementary style to take you from ceremony to reception.
Select thoughtful and stylish wedding presents with elegant appeal that they’ll treasure forever.
PLANNING YOUR ENGAGEMENT?
Vera Wang Grosgrain photo frame from $99.95, and Love Knots flutes $99.95 pair, Myer
Anthony’s Fine Jewellery has a diamond and price to suit every future bride.
1. Foster jacket $550 and Salt Lakes shirt $105, R.M.Williams 2. Porsche Optical frames $629, Blink Optical 3. 520 taper fit chinos $109.95, Levi’s 4. Urge desert boot $89.95, Universal Store 5. Floral Romance dress $80, Princess Polly 6. Natural weave long clutch $42, Adorne 7. Liberty necklace by Samantha Wills $65, Mott & Mulberry 8. Bellbird heel $59.95, Novo
0812_IND_pg14-15 - Couple wedding outfit - Male wedding looks.indd 14
0.91ct pear cut diamond ring surrounded by dazzling diamonds and set in 18ct white gold $9950, Anthony’s Fine Jewellery
23/8/12 7:09:31 PM
If the invitation calls for formal attire, a single breasted black suit, dress shoes and pristine white French-cuff shirt is mandatory. Finish the look with stylish cufflinks, a metal timepiece and the perfect bow tie.
To navigate this tricky dress code, opt for tailored shirts in new season pastels with slim trousers. A suede desert boot and bold tie will add the finishing details. 5. 6.
6. 7. 2.
1. Dinner suit $499, bow tie $15 and dinner shirt $83, Ron Bennett 2. Shape cufflinks $170, Swarovski 3. Magna dress shoe $99.95, YD 4. Piazza Grande quartz watch $1400, Swarovski 5. Cosmo check stretch shirt $89.95, Tarocash 6. Trousers $89.95, Roger David 7. Fashion tie $59.95, Roger David 8. Matlock boot $149, Country Road
Spring/Summer Range AVAILABLE NOW
www.rmwilliams.com.au 1800 339 532
0812_IND_pg14-15 - Couple wedding outfit - Male wedding looks.indd 15
24/8/12 3:16:32 PM
PERFECT PERFECT PASTELS PAST PA PAS T EL ELS S
0812_IND_pg16-17 - Fashion Pastels.indd 16
24/8/12 3:17:54 PM
3. 4. 1.
HAVE YOUR NEW SEASON PURCHASES CAPTURED ON CAMERA FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A $100 GIFT CARD! SEE THE BACK PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS.
CANDY / coated
Step out in spring’s cupcake coloured trend for a daily dose of sugar.
SHOW OFF A SUMMER TAN WITH PASTELS AND PRINTS.
Guys - this trend is also for you! Go for a tailored shirt in a pastel shade to make a preppy style statement.
Simon Diener Photographer and Carducci 78 Collection
LOOK ETE PASTEL L P M O C A TRY INES TO CLEAN L BUT STICK ENTS M N E ADOR AND SIMPL
1. T-back singlet $15, Jay Jays 2. Summer sling satchel $29.95, Sportsgirl 3. Cropped jeans $30, Supré 4. Stone formal necklace $19.95, Colette by Colette Hayman 5. Theodora loafer $139.95, Wittner 6. Mynx platform sandal $59.99, Payless Shoes 7. Sugar dress $89.95, Bardot 8. Shape drop earrings $8.95, Colette by Colette Hayman 9. Darcy structured crossbody bag $29.95, Colette by Colette Hayman 10. Lilac shirt $99.95, Roger David 11. Cadillac stripe shirt $89.95, Tarocash 12. Mint Durham stripe shirt $89.95, Tarocash
Opposite: Fashions courtesy of YD, Sportscraft, Portmans, Sportsgirl and Colette by Colette Hayman.
0812_IND_pg16-17 - Fashion Pastels.indd 17
23/8/12 7:54:34 PM
GREY MARLE AND WHITE POLOS COMPLETE A LAID BACK SPORTY LOOK.
ACTION / man 9.
Embrace the sporty-chic style this season with relaxed separates, a favourite tee and functional footwear.
A sporty watch does more than just tell the time - it’s an accessory.
EIGHT LAYER A LIGHTW E SHIRT OVER A TE P U E G TO CHAN YOUR LOOK
SPORTY KICKS 14. 12.
1. Wrangler washed cords $89.95, Universal Store 2. Owen crew t-shirt $29.99, Jeanswest 3. Oakley Holbrook sunglasses $159.95, OPSM 4. Men’s belt $8, Jay Jays 5. Nike marle shorts $59.95, Footlocker 6. Kingslake polo $77.95, R.M.Williams 7. Nixon Sentry watch $189.99, Universal Store 8. Vans backpack $49.95, Universal Store 9. Tommy Hilfiger polo $99.95, Myer 10. Andre crew t-shirt $29.99, Jeanswest 11. Noyes long-sleeve shirt $89.95, YD 12. Vans sneakers $89.99, City Beach 13. Converse high-top sneakers $149.95, Footlocker 14. Nike Free Run $159.99, Amart All Sports Opposite: Fashions courtesy of Roger David, YD, Myer, Country Road and Swarovski.
0812_IND_pg18-19 - Sporty Male Fashion.indd 18
23/8/12 7:36:05 PM
0812_IND_pg18-19 - Sporty Male Fashion.indd 19
23/8/12 7:37:54 PM
‘Rock-chick’ meets royal ancestry with Swarovski’s latest collection, “Kingdom of Jewels”. This standout piece sparkles with crystal beading and mixed metal, creating a regal yet edgy statement necklace. Wear with skinny jeans or a simple cocktail dress for an accessory overload.
Opulent accessories in bronze and gold will score you a royal flush in the fashion stakes.
MAKE ACCESSORIES COUNT WITH OVERSIZED JEWELS
FOR A FRESH TAKE ON THE CLASSIC WATCH, TRY ALL WHITE IN HONOUR OF THIS SEASON’S SPORT LUXE TREND.
1. Sketch necklace $1550, Swarovski 2. Two tone diamond and South Sea pearl necklace $15799, Finesse Fine Jewellery 3. Ribbon cuff $175, Oroton 4. Oval onyx and 9ct yellow gold filigree ring $459, Finesse Fine Jewellery 5. Golden sapphire ring with white diamonds $9995, Anthony’s Fine Jewellery 6. Jacques Lemans watch $219, Crown Family Jewellers 7. Octea sport watch $1400, Swarovski 8. Loyal ceramic dress watch $1195, Wallace Bishop 9. Icon watch $349, with ceramic bezel $80 and leather strap $65, Pandora
0812_IND_pg20-21 - Jewellery_NEW LAYOUT.indd 20
24/8/12 3:20:06 PM
RUNWAY / to wardrobe
Take inspiration from the catwalks and translate the trends with pastel jewel tones, luxe metallic accents and colourful, tribal-influenced detailing.
SUGAR FIX STICK TO SIMILAR COLOURS WHEN WEARING FLORALS TO AVOID COMPETING TRENDS.
BECOME A BRONZED BEAUTY IN SHIMMERY FABRICS AND HEAVY METAL ACCESSORIES.
FOLLOW THE TRIBE WITH LAYERS, GEOMETRIC SHAPES AND BOLD ACCENTS.
1. Georgini Cabochon multicoloured ring $399, Crown Family Jewellers 2. Beaten disc bracelet $24.95, Adorne 3. Zig zag cuff $9.99, Diva 4. Grad squares necklace $9.95, Colette by Colette Hayman 5. Gold necklace $89.95, Flower 6. Necklace $39.95, Stefan
0812_IND_pg20-21 - Jewellery_NEW LAYOUT.indd 21
23/8/12 7:39:49 PM
SARTORIAL / scents Infuse the essence of the latest seasonal trends with flirty and fashionable fragrances.
CITRUS Bold colours and citrus scents energise the soul and make us happy. The zesty and fruity aromas of mandarin, grapefruit, lemon and orange will brighten your outlook.
Clarins Eau des Jardins $65, Harrison’s Pharmacy
Fierce structural style requires an equally strong scent. Think bottles in opulent gilded tones and perfumes with notes of sensual warmth and heady aromas that hark back to the elegance and decadence decadenc ce of the roaring ‘20s.
Biotherm Eau d’Energie fragrance mist $49, Myer
PASTEL Sherbet scents and candy coloured flacons of flirty fragrance are perfectly paired with this season’s gelato pastels.
Sheer by Stella McCartney Eau de Toilette $99, nu-chem pharmacy
Lady Gaga’s new scent is just as unique as she is. The liquid appears black, but is invisible once airborne.
Pivoine Delicate Eau de Toilette 75ml $60, L’Occitane
FLORAL Delicate flower prints blossom when matched with classic floral perfumes. Try a fragrant bouquet of rose, lily and jasmine.
Lily Solid perfume $15, Crabtree & Evelyn
Fan di Fendi EDP $130, Myer
0812_IND_pg22-23 - Fragrance - cosmetics.indd 22
Fame by Lady Gaga $110, Myer
Valentina EDP $90, Myer
23/8/12 7:41:11 PM
BROW WOW Achieve flattering shapely eyebrows with a little know-how from the experts. If the eyes are the windows to your soul, don’t they deserve a beautiful frame? The team at Pure Indulgence certainly believe so. Salon Manager Megan Jackson says a fuller brow shape with an arch for definition is still the most popular and flattering style and can take years off your look. Pure Indulgence offers a 40 minute Pure Eyes treatment, which includes an eyebrow sculpture with a lash and brow tint for $55. Each client receives a full consultation to determine their ideal brow shape.
The brow experts finesse the shape and finish with soothing oil and a pressure massage plus a touch-up with mineral make-up. A brow tint lasts for four weeks and gives brows a fuller-looking appearance. And for clients with sparse or over plucked eyebrows, Megan has this advice: “Leave the tweezers alone! Let the professionals look after your brows and make sure you maintain a perfect eyebrow shape with regular monthly appointments.” Pure Indulgence Level 1 p 3878 2588
TOP BEAUTY TOOLS From perfectly arched brows to luscious lashes, these must have tools of the trade will help you achieve movie star make-up perfection.
5. 2. 1.
1. Revlon lashes $9.95, Cosmetics Plus 2. Bronzing brush $49, Napoleon Perdis 3. Priori lash recovery serum $130, Pure Indulgence 4. Yuva brow dust $39, Pure Indulgence 5. Eyeshadow blender brush $19.95, The Body Shop
SUMMER GLOW Go for gold with self tanning products and golden bronzers. To achieve a golden brown faux tan, ensure you exfoliate first paying particular attention to dry areas such as feet, hands and knees. For the face, use a specific product tailored for this delicate skin in a lightweight formulation for an instant glow. We also love bronzing powder with a subtle shimmer to highlight and define for supermodel-worthy cheekbones. If you are after a professional spray tan, Wax It and Ella Baché both offer an all over golden bronze for a long lasting tan.
“...EXFOLIATE FIRST PAYING PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO DRY AREAS SUCH AS FEET, HANDS AND KNEES.”
1. Natio self tan lotion $16.95, nu-chem pharmacy 2. Youngblood Mineral Radiance bronzer in Sundance $75.95, Ella Baché 3. St Tropez Naturals Radiance self tan for face $34.95, Myer 4. Summer Lovers self tanning mousse $40, Napoleon Perdis
0812_IND_pg22-23 - Fragrance - cosmetics.indd 23
23/8/12 7:42:32 PM
0812_IND_pg24-25 - Art deco Female.indd 24
23/8/12 7:44:37 PM
1. 3. 2.
TRY A HEAD TO TOE LOOK OK WITH A MONOCHROME BASE, A DASH OF GOLD AND DETAILED ACCESSORIES.
ART DECO / details For gilded glamour and elegance, be inspired by the decadence of 1920s Paris. 6.
From runway to wardrobe, get this couture look with embellished skirts and sculptured tops with all pieces making a statement.
RINTS INTRICATE P OF H C U FOR A TO YLE ST O C ART DE 8.
1. Enamel loop earrings $5.95, Colette by Colette Hayman 2. Panelled shell clutch $39.95, Colette by Colette Hayman 3. Bettina Liano bodycon dress $99.95, Myer 4. Art deco necklace $70, Sckafs Fabrics 5. Polly heel $79.95, Novo o 6. Ordinary Miracle dress $179, Universal Store 7. Cameo Dear Doctor top $90, Princess Polly 8. Strut It shorts $95, Princess Polly 9. Art deco skirt $99.95, Bardot
Opposite: Fashions courtesy of Princess Polly, Adorne, Sportsgirl and Colette by Colette Hayman.
0812_IND_pg24-25 - Art deco Female.indd 25
23/8/12 7:45:05 PM
BEACHSIDE / chic Accessorise your swimwear this season with kaftans, hats and the perfect pair of wedges for a look thatâ€™s practical and stylish.
LAYER COLOURFUL ACCESSORIES WITH PRINTS FOR A FUN FASHION TWIST.
1. Isola by Megan Gale Tropicana maillot $209.95, Sunburn 2. Wide brim hat $59, David Lawrence 3. Pineapple necklace $24.99, Diva 4. Isola by Megan Gale Galleria bikini top $124.95, bottom $74.95, Sunburn 5. Pure bronze instant tanning foam $34.95, Price Attack 6. Fendi sunglasses $379, iContact 7. Steff sandal $129.95, Wittner
0812_IND_pg26-27 - Youth swimwear & Shoes.indd 26
23/8/12 7:47:15 PM
FOREVER YOUNG Tribal is also making a mark in swimwear this season. It’s all in the detail with orange, red and a touch of metallic.
9. 8. Mink Pink available at Sunburn
JUST LANDED e Universal Stor
This September, Universal Store welcomes new swimwear from All About Eve. The brand has created swimwear that’s girly mixed with street-style cool. Universal Store Level 2 p 3878 2900
BOOST JUICE’S NEW SUPERFRUIT SMOOTHIES ARE THE PERFECT ANTIDOTE TO A HOT SUMMER’S DAY. Boost Juice Level 3 p 3878 3344
8. Isola by Megan Gale Castaway bikini top $89.95, bottom $79.95, Sunburn 9. Beaded tassel earrings $19.95, Adorne 10. Gabor wedge $210, Tracey Mathers Shoe Studio 11. Asymmetric drape skirt $129.95, Witchery
0812_IND_pg26-27 - Youth swimwear & Shoes.indd 27
1. Layered chain and fabric tassel necklace $39, Adorne 2. Chillie sandal $89.95, Wittner 3. Seafolly shimmer bikini top $69.95, bottom $54.95, Sunburn
23/8/12 7:48:03 PM
GWEN STEFANIâ€™S TOTS, KINGSTON AND ZUMA ROSSDALE, SHOW HOW TO ROCK MOTIF TEES WITH SURFER SHORTS.
ATE: CHECK M T TERNS A P PLAYFUL N OCCASIO FOR ANY
Slip-on shoes allow easy access for adventuring.
1. Gumboots Blazers t-shirt $16.95, Myer 2. Benjamin shirt $24.95, Cotton On Kids 3. Fedora $24.99, Pumpkin Patch 4. Sunglasses $9.95, Cotton On Kids 5. Clint jeans $29.95, Cotton On Kids 6. Winston webbed belt $4.95, Cotton On Kids 7. Milkshake check shorts $25.95, Myer 8. Mossimo plimsolls $34.95, Mathers 9. Slip-on shoes $29.99, Pumpkin Patch
0812_IND_pg28-29 - Kids (celeb style).indd 28
23/8/12 7:56:27 PM
SUMMER INSPIRED HUES AND BOLD BRIGHTS ARE MANDATORY PLAYTIME STAPLES.
E THE LOOK COORDINAT TO TOE FROM HEAD CLIPS FUNKY HAIR WITH THESE 3.
SUPER CUTE K PART Y FROC
world with Colour their rns and atte on-trend p er easy summ brights for r littlies. dressing fo
Country Road 6.
p o o sc
COLOUR CLASHING FOR KIDS IS MADE EASY WITH BANGLE STACKS AND CUTE SATCHELS.
1. Party dress $64.95, Witchery 2. Little Divas mini bow $9.99 pack of 6, Diva 3. Striped sun hat $24.99, Pumpkin Patch 4. Coloured denim jacket $39.99, Pumpkin Patch 5. Amelia jumpsuit $24.95, Cotton On Kids 6. Romeo sandal $59.99, Betts Kids 7. Swimsuit $18, Target 8. Little Miss t-shirt $34.99, Lorna Jane 9. Little Divas bangle set $9.99, Diva 10. Denim shorts $29.99, Pumpkin Patch 11. Patent bag $22.99, Pumpkin Patch
0812_IND_pg28-29 - Kids (celeb style).indd 29
23/8/12 7:57:21 PM
BABY / shower Spoil the mum-to-be and new bub with beautiful pastel gifts.
1. Bebis baby height chart $29.95, kikki.K 2. Baby World onesie $19.95, Myer 3. The Tale of Peter Rabbit book by Beatrix Potter $12.95, Early Learning Centre 4. Miffi ring rattle $12.99, ABC Shop 5. Evelyn Rose hand therapy $30, Crabtree & Evelyn 6. Shea Mom & Baby lotion $42, L’Occitane 7. Bebis My Animals book $14.95, kikki.K 8. Living Textiles baby plush panda teether and blanket set $49.95, Myer
The new Parent’s Room on Level 3 is now open. The relaxing, well-appointed space near the Food Court provides hygenic change tables, microwave facilities, three private feeding rooms with comfy chairs, rest rooms, nappy dispensers and ample room to park your pram. You’ll also find a soft carpeted area and television to occupy older tots.
0812_IND_pg30-31 - Baby Shower.indd 30
23/8/12 7:42:56 PM
RELISH THESE RELAXING RITUALS AND SPECIALISED TREATMENTS. FEET FIRST A pampering foot package is the perfect way to soothe weary legs and feet. For $60, expectant mums can enjoy a one hour reflexology neck and shoulder massage with a traditional herbal foot soak spa. Foot Haven Level 3 p 3878 7673
MUM’S THE WORD
Royal Doulton available at Myer
For a beautiful maternal glow, mums will adore the two hour pregnancy treatment from Ella Baché. It involves a heavenly 45 minute facial using nourishing Ella Baché skincare, a 20 minute back, neck and shoulder massage to work out those kinks, plus a leg treatment of a sea salt exfoliation, mint spa mask and moisturiser for $180. Ella Baché Level 3 p 3720 0283
ILL EXPECTANT MUMS W TO N IO IPT CR LOVE A SUBS E ZIN GA MA ITE THEIR FAVOUR
Oscar Oscar Salons recommends the natural Aveda range of professional haircare which is safe for expectant mothers to use. Phone to make a cut and colour appointment and enjoy a complimentary relaxing head massage with any treatment. Perfect for tired or stressed mums who need some pampering. Oscar Oscar Salons Level 2 p 3378 5763
9. Circus Penny couture slippers $39.90, Peter Alexander 10. Murano glass charm bracelet $1048, Pandora 11. Assorted magazines from $8.95, Metro News on 2nd
If your plus one is not the best behaved cinema companion, take your mini me to the movies with Event Cinema’s Babes in Arms sessions. These special screenings show the latest flicks every Wednesday morning with dimmed lights to allow easy feeding alongside plenty of other babies and carers who won’t mind fidgeting and baby talk. Adult tickets are $8.50 each and children under 4 are free. Babes in Arms does not operate during school holidays. Visit www.eventcinemas.com.au for more information. Event Cinemas Level 4 p 3878 0000
0812_IND_pg30-31 - Baby Shower.indd 31
BEST PARKING EVENT CINEMAS, GATE 5, Musgrave Road.
24/8/12 3:21:37 PM
EXCITING NEW SHOPPING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER WITH TARGET AND A FABULOUS COLLECTION OF NEW CHILDREN’S FASHION STORES OPENING THURSDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2012. With the promise of spring fashion and new season food to tempt shoppers, Indooroopilly Shopping Centre has added a few surprises to entice you out of winter hibernation. The Centre’s multi-million dollar redevelopment is now well underway and you will soon start to see the fruits of all the hard work with real improvements that will bring an exciting new shopping experience across the Centre. Major milestones to look forward to include the opening of a brand new Target store in November, the addition of fabulous new children’s stores, art and craft and a new cafè. With much of the site foundations and preparation now completed, works have started on revamping the Myer store, which is being transformed as a major part of the project. Longer-term, shoppers can look forward to the addition of a brand new two-level David Jones, major upgrades to Kmart and Woolworths and a brand new Coles supermarket. Also on the blueprints are 120 new specialty stores, a fresh food market as well as an exciting new dining and entertainment precinct. With work happening around the Centre’s roads and car parks to create this exciting transformation, it’s more important than ever to plan your journey. Information in this article is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct at the time of printing and publication. Details may change without notice.
0812_IND_pg32-33 - Redevelopment advert.indd 32
23/8/12 7:41:40 PM
Kmart Nearest car parking via GATE 3, Musgrave Road.
CENTRE ACCESS BY CAR â€˘ All vehicle entries along Musgrave Road are open. â€˘
One vehicle entry on Stamford Road is open â€“ Gate 10 located closest to Moggill Road.
Target Nearest car parking via GATE 4, Musgrave Road.
Vehicle entry from Moggill Road has closed temporarily for construction.
Event Cinemas Nearest car parking via GATE 5, Musgrave Road.
Vehicle entry from Station Road has been closed for construction of the plaza area.
Fitness First Nearest car parking via GATE 5, Musgrave Road.
BEST CAR PARKING FOR YOUR FAVOURITE STORES Indooroopilly Shopping Centre redevelopment plans include an additional 900 parking spaces but in the short term there are some temporary parking closures. New car parks will open progressively during 2013. In the meantime, refer to this quick and easy reference guide to park conveniently near your favourite store: Myer Nearest car parking via GATE 2, Musgrave Road and GATE 10, Stamford Road. Woolworths and Woolworths Parcel Pick-up Nearest car parking via GATE 10, Stamford Road.
Pig â€˜Nâ€™ Whistle Nearest car parking via GATE 5, Musgrave Road. Library Nearest car parking via Gate 5, Musgrave Road. Centre Management is ensuring trafďŹ c controllers are available during busy times to make it easier for you to ďŹ nd your way around the car parking areas. For all of your enquiries visit the Information Desk, Level 2, at the bottom of the travelators in the middle of the Centre. To keep up-to-date with the latest redevelopment news, please visit www.indooroopillyshopping.com.au/ redevelopment, phone the information line on 1800 359 463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
;@ *0 ;6
.96:=,56996(+ ,?0;)90+., -9643,=,3 ;6:;(;0659+
2,@ Road Closed
,5;9@ 9(47 ;63,=,3
+ 39 .03 . 46
Entrances to the Centre
Taxi Rank Bus Stop
0812_IND_pg32-33 - Redevelopment advert.indd 33
23/8/12 7:41:50 PM
GIRLIE GLAM Dress the part in gorgeous girly attire. Think dresses in pretty pink with lace detailing, dainty accessories, and flowers in your hair. 2.
If you don’t have time for baking, Shingle Inn’s very own pastry chefs can bake sweet treats and patty cakes. Call or pop in-store by 3pm the day before your event to order, or choose from the cabinet on the day.
Shingle Inn Level 1 p 3878 7861
NO GARDEN PARTY IS COMPLETE WITHOUT CUPCAKES. MAKE YOUR OWN AND SERVE THEM IN COLOURFUL WRAPPERS FOR MAXIMUM IMPACT.
1. Lace dress $75, Princess Polly 2. Georgini pear drop earrings $89, Crown Family Jewellers 3. Flower clip $5.95, Colette by Colette Hayman 4. Rattan clutch $69, Laura Ashley 5. Prada limited edition Infusion D’Iris Absolue $140, Myer 6. Niki heel $149.95, Wittner 7. Sweetie: 50 Delectable Treats book by Daniella Germain $19.95, Dymocks 8. Le petite gateau patty cake cups $6.99 pack of 25, House 9. Maxwell & Williams White Basics Coupe two tier cake stand $19.95, Robins Kitchen
0812_IND_pg34-35 - Garden Party 2.indd 34
23/8/12 7:38:59 PM
SET THE SCENE WITH FLORAL FURNISHINGS AND ELEGANT SERVEWARE. 5. 4.
SIP CHAMPAGNE COCKTAILS FROM SOPHISTICATED FL UTES
Welcome in the new season with a glamorous garden party.
THIS WHIMSICAL WROUGHT IRON TABLE SETTING IS THE ULTIMATE GARDEN PARTY ACCESSORY.
time for tea
An exquisite cup and saucer set is a girl’s best friend when it comes to entertaining. Brew a pot of herbal tea and enjoy the wide range of flavours, aromas and health benefits. 1. Manor tray from $12.95, Bed Bath N’ Table 2. Hydrangea print cushion $159, Laura Ashley 3. Picnic basket $99.99, House 4. Vera Wang Duchesse Encore flute $99.95 pair, Myer 5. Turkey Flat rosé $23.49, BWS 6. Hayworth cluster lanterns $695, Laura Ashley 7. Morgan & Finch garden party chairs $69.95 each, folding table $99.95, Bed Bath N’ Table 8. Black Rose tea $12.75 for 100g, T2 9. Harlequin yellow butterfly cup and saucer $429 10 piece set, Myer
0812_IND_pg34-35 - Garden Party 2.indd 35
23/8/12 7:39:41 PM
LAIDBACK / living Enjoy lazy days by the pool and balmy evenings on the deck with tropical homewares in hues of yellow and aqua. CHIC CATERING 1.
Polish off your summer soirée with wooden kitchenware and textured cushions for a beach luxe look.
FRAME THE NIGHT Pick up a camera for photo fun.
LOW LIGHT Lanterns create a bohemian tone for when the sun goes down.
1. Augustus cushion $39.95, Ezra cushion $79.95 and Tyron cushion $59.95, Country Road 2. Maxwell & Williams bamboo platter $19.99, Robins Kitchen 3. Gemma salad servers $39.95, Country Road 4. Nikon 1J1 camera $499, Bentleys Camera House 5. Split bamboo large lantern $29.99, Earthborn 6. Morgan & Finch ceramic lattice lantern from $29.95, Bed Bath N’ Table 7. Morgan & Finch wooden beach chair $159.95, Bed Bath N’ Table 8. Household Wisdom book by Shannon Lush and Jennifer Fleming $29.99, Dymocks
0812_IND_pg36-37 - Spring living - outdoor.indd 36
23/8/12 7:35:59 PM
COMPLETE YOUR SUMMER SOIRÉE WITH GOURMET GOODIES AND FRESH FLOWERS FROM WOOLWORTHS. THE IN-STORE FLORIST IS AVAILABLE MONDAY TO SATURDAY AND CAN CREATE A BEAUTIFUL ARRANGEMENT TO SUIT YOUR EVENT. Woolworths Level 1 p 3378 5333
BEST PARKING WOOLWORTHS, GATE 10, Stamford Road.
Serve custom cocktails and mocktails such as sangria and rum punch using seasonal fruits for garnishes.
9. Nadah printed plate $29.99, dusk 10. Toast white wine glass $9.95, Country Road 11. Morgan & Finch Holiday tumbler $5.95, Bed Bath N’ Table 12. Krosno sangria jug $59.95, Myer 13. The Food of Spain book by Claudia Roden $49.95, Dymocks
0812_IND_pg36-37 - Spring living - outdoor.indd 37
24/8/12 3:23:24 PM
Jayson Brunsdon available at Myer
FROM FASHION / to furnishings Renowned designer, Jayson Brunsdon has extended his creative and stylish offerings into the world of homewares. Inspired by classic lines, shapes and elegance, Jayson discusses his latest venture where fashion and homewares aren’t so dissimilar.
What inspired you to branch into homewares? When I design fashion, I’m thinking about the environment the person wearing the clothes is living in; the lifestyle; the look of the interior. It doesn’t stop short at the garment. Branching out into homewares proved to be a logical evolution of my design aesthetic. Designers love to redesign the world to their own individual vision. I imagine a particular kind of world – chic and glamorous – and homewares delivers this vision. What is your home interior like? My apartment is quite minimal with touches of individuality and quirkiness. It’s based around a dark chocolate and cream colourway with highlights of white and touches such as French lamps and a chandelier, my own black and white painterly
illustrations framed, the black and silver globe from my homewares collection, a smattering of interesting souvenirs from travels and a great collection of coffee table books I’ve collected over a 20 year period. How different is it to design for home rather than bodies? It’s still about fabric, colour and shape when designing homewares. It’s still a physical design process so it isn’t that different to designing for bodies. The development time frame is a lot longer though. Fashion is six to eight months ahead of the season whereas homewares is 18 months! I guess that’s the main difference. You need to project forwards with a longer time frame in mind. Favourite place to travel and why? Paris. It’s a very beautiful city – the light, the architecture, the art and most of all,
1. Ice bucket $69.95 2. Empire flute $99.95 3. Manhattan bath towels $39.95 each 4. Hurricane glass $49.95. 5. Boston bar tray $59.95
Myer Level 3 p 3720 4100
0812_IND_pg38-39 - Home and Food.indd 38
24/8/12 3:24:44 PM
EMBELLISH YOUR DECOR WITH NATURE’S SOFT FINISHES.
the people watching are all major sources of inspiration to me. I love the galleries and sitting in the cafés and just immersing myself in the culture.
E NEW HOMEWARES AR HE ES N A GREAT WAY TO FR UP A TIRED SPACE 3.
What is the Jayson Brunsdon aesthetic? Elegant, modern, glamorous and classic. What’s next for the Jayson Brunsdon brand? I’ve launched a diffusion line exclusive to MYER, Jayson Brunsdon Black Label, as well as Home Collection in the last year. We work hard on the designer line and the shoes and bags as well. I think that’s enough for the time being! I like to enjoy life and not be consumed with work.
“…DESIGNERS LOVE TO REDESIGN THE WORLD TO THEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL VISION.” 4.
BEST PARKING MYER, GATE 2, Musgrave Road and GATE 10, Stamford Road.
0812_IND_pg38-39 - Home and Food.indd 39
1. Fleur de lys box $49.95, Blue Illusion 2. Rose picture in gold frame $135, Da Vinci Art 3. Mercer + Reid rainbow butterfly cushions $49.95 each, Adairs 4. Jewellery box $19.99, Earthborn
24/8/12 3:24:57 PM
/ gathering Turn tribal with batik prints, layered jewellery, natural beauty buys and exotic homewares.
Tree of Life
1. Tribal necklace $34.99, Diva 2. Suede tassel handbag $49, Adorne 3. Graphic cuff $14.99, Diva 4. Isola by Megan Gale Jungle Look maillot $179.95, Sunburn 5. Multicoloured bangle $29.95, fuschia bangle $26.95, Adorne 6. Tiffany & Co sunglasses $550, OPSM 7. Nubeena sandal $280, R.M.Williams
Global love is a mindset that many brands take seriously with both The Body Shop and Tree of Life committed to ethical manufacture and trade. Tree of Life shows support through a range of initiatives including Touch of Love, a childrenâ€™s sponsorship program and The Meher Free Dispensary, a free medical clinic in India. The Body Shop sources a range of Community Fair Trade ingredients including shea butter which is prepared by more than 430 women in Ghana. The women crack the nuts by hand to extract the kernels.
EACH COMPLIMENTARY SAMANTHA WILLS JEWELLERY GIFT BOX IS HAND CARVED FROM MANGO WOOD BY ARTESIAN CARVERS IN UTTAR PRADESH, NORTHERN INDIA.
Bohemian Bardot Armour bangle by Samantha Wills $110, Mott & Mulberry
Spa Wisdom Africa ximenia & salt scrub $49.95, The Body Shop
0812_IND_pg40-41 - Tribal Influence.indd 40
24/8/12 3:27:40 PM
SPICE UP YOUR HOME IN MOROCCAN STYLE WITH THE HELP OF THIS INTERIOR DESIGN GUIDE, NOMAD.
ARABIAN NIGHTS Explore the souks and sites of Morocco on a 14-day Highlights of Morocco tour from Casablanca to Marrakech. Follow the must see, taste and tour guide for a truly authentic experience. SITES TO VISIT
Casablanca: This busy metropolis is more westernised than other parts of Morocco, with contemporary art galleries, hip bars, restaurants and designer fashion. Most flights and trains depart from here, but if you can, spend time exploring the city.
Respectful dress codes apply, particularly if you donâ€™t want to attract attention. Wear long shorts, long skirts or trousers, and t-shirts or long-sleeve shirts. Loose flowing fabrics will keep you cool in the heat.
Marrakech: You will be spellbound by the labyrinth of alleyways and bustling city market stalls pulsating with energy. Here you can pick up exotic homewares, jewellery and fabrics, or watch the snake charmers work their magic.
The Sahara: For the experience of a lifetime, climb onto a camel and explore the desert in a traditional Moroccan turban. High Atlas Mountains: These are the highest mountains in North Africa. Admire the views from the top of rugged coastlines and desert plains.
On the tour, travellers will enjoy guided walks in Meknes, Fez, Marrakech, Volubilis and Essaouira, an overnight stay at a Berber tented camp, a camel excursion in the desert, hiking in the High Atlas Mountains and a visit to a local village farmland near Todra. The tour is priced from $1599* per person and includes accommodation throughout the tour. Enjoy breakfast daily, three dinners, entrance fees, a tour leader and all sightseeing as per the itinerary. See in-store for travel dates and further details.
*Price is subject to change at the time of booking.
FOOD TO TRY Be courageous and explore the local fare. We recommend tagines with couscous, slow-cooked meat or fish stew in a terracotta pot, preserved lemons, Moroccan mint tea, harira, a zesty tomato soup and briouats, sweet almond pastries.
Flight Centre Levels 1 and 3 p 3878 6833 and p 3878 1700
PLANNING YOUR NEXT EXOTIC HOLIDAY? Visit Escape Travel, Level 3, Cruiseabout, Level 2 or Harvey World Travel and STA Travel, Level 1 for more exciting travel destination advice.
1. Nomad book by Sibella Court $59.99, Dymocks 2. Square ottoman $148, Tree of Life 3. Terracotta 28cm tagine $89.99, House 4. Small Moroccan lantern $19.99 (candle not included), dusk 5. Round cushion $95, Tree of Life
0812_IND_pg40-41 - Tribal Influence.indd 41
23/8/12 7:25:39 PM
ENTERTAINMENT / for everyone The latest release blockbuster films, music and best selling books you need to know about for spring and summer.
MUST SEE MADAGASCAR 3: EUROPE’S MOST WANTED Just in time for the school holidays, Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Gloria the Hippo, and Melman the Giraffe reunite in Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted. This time they journey through Europe where they find the perfect cover: a travelling circus, which they reinvent – Madagascar-style. Opens Thursday 13 September 2012.
MUST READ The Casual Vacancy, the much anticipated first adult novel by Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, is a blackly comic, thoughtprovoking and constantly surprising read about the seemingly idyllic little English town of Pagford where behind the pretty facade is a town at war. The Casual Vacancy book by J.K. Rowling $26.99, QBD The Bookshop
New from thriller writer Lee Child, A Wanted Man is the highly anticipated 17th book in the Jack Reacher series. Fans will love this latest heartthumping page turner with plenty of twists and turns leading into an explosive finalé. A Wanted Man book by Lee Child $22.99, Dymocks
MUST HEAR US singer P!nk is back with her sixth studio CD, The Truth About Love. Released on Monday 17 September 2012, expect trademark sassy lyrics and infectious melodies. The Truth About Love by P!nk, Target
With Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill, The Watch is a comedy about four everyday guys who form m a neighbourhood watch group to escape their humdrum lives for one night a week. When they accidentally discover their town is overrun with aliens posing as locals,, they have no choice but to save their neighbourhood – and the world – from total extermination. Opens Thursday 13 September 2012. Event Cinemas Level 4 p 3878 0000
With ‘60s tracks performed by the original artists and Jessica Mauboy lending her impressive vocals on soul classics and new song, Gotcha, The Sapphires soundtrack is full of toe-tapping tunes from the feel good film. The Sapphires Original Motion Picture Soundtrack $24.95, ABC Shop
0812_IND_pg42-43 - Music-TV-Books.indd 42
23/8/12 7:16:23 PM
Introducing the cutting-edge Nintendo 3DS system with real 3D graphics without the glasses.
POINT & SHOOT Transform your iPhone into a vintage camera, complete with a shutter button that actually works!
iPhone instamatic case $39.99, Mombasa
Nintendo 3DS XL console $248, EB Games
SCREEN DREAM The all new MacBook Pro with Retina display sets a new standard in performance and portability. Just 1.8cm thick and two kilograms, the MacBook Pro still features all-flash storage, quad-core Intel Core i7processors and graphics and packs 5.1 million pixels into one screen. The Retina display boasts the highest resolution notebook visuals for remarkably sharp and detailed graphics. Apple Macbook Pro $2499, Myer
APT / accessories Whether looking for yourself or treating someone else, shop our favourite gadget buys.
Invigorate tired legs with a foot and calf massager which incorporates rolling and pulsating movements over three programs. Homedics foot and calf massager $99.95, Shaver Shop
0812_IND_pg42-43 - Music-TV-Books.indd 43
TRUE VIEW This nifty lens attachment allows your iPhone to take 360 degree panoramic and interactive videos instantly. Go Pano Micro iCover 360 $36.99, Mombasa
21/8/12 2:08:44 PM
SHOP, TAG & SHOW US YOUR HOT NEW PURCHASE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN $100 Take a photo holding your new season purchases for your chance to win a $100 Indooroopilly Shopping Centre gift card! Visit the camera at the Myer pop-up boutiques, Level 1 to take a photo and upload to Facebook. Don’t forget to ‘like’ us and tag your photo to go into the daily draw. Monday 3 to Sunday 16 September Centre Court, Level 1
Terms and conditions apply. Visit the Information Desk, Level 2 for full details.
21/8/12 2:21:55 PM