#WHAT NOT TO WEAR ON A FIRST DATE
1. #TOO MUCH BLING
You’re on a date not a rap video Rapping yourself in gold and silver will make you look like a turkey in kitchen foil, you don’t want to add 1 extra problem to your 99.
2. #SPORTSWEAR No scoring will ever take place Tracksuits, football/rugby kits included. Any clothing associated with sweaty men running around after balls is absolutely not allowed.
3. #FLIP FLOPS Too much too soon
You should feel comfortable on a first date, not ‘sunbathing on a beach’ comfortable.
4 #BOA O COM TO
4. ASTFUL OR MICAL OPS
The only compliment youâ€™ll ever receive Any shirt which hails you as the no1 wonder in the world puts you at the bottom of her list.
Her heart won’t beat again Unless you are in a boyband or in jail, clothes that look like your seven year old brother’s or hefty uncle’s are not acceptable. A tight top that show your nipple erection is not sexy.
5 #CLO TH DON FI
5. OTHES HAT N’T IT
6. #DIRTY CLOTHES Without spot or wrinkle The creased shirt, the bathroom accident that went unnoticed. Going on a date without double checking these basic laws will smear any chance with the girl.
7. #BLUETOOTH HEADSET Leave the gadgets to Tom Cruise You will give the impression that you have more important things than her, make her feel special.
8. #SWEAT PATCHES
Youâ€™ll be drowning in your sorrows It will soak up any connection you have with the girl, leaving it dry.
9. #SAME OUTFIT AS DISPLAY PIC
Homer Simpson change it up a bit Nobody likes a scratched record. Change it up a bit, show her you’re not a one trick pony, ‘wow’ her with up-to-date fashion trends.
10. #SAM COLOU OUTFIT Go go Power Ranger Colour co-ordination is a vital part of fashion. However, blatant attempts to match can be overbearing. Exaggerating one colour will leave her blue and you red in the face.
ME UR TS
The â€˜Rate My Etiquette manualsâ€™ are a series of guidebooks which equip and make young men more aware of their first date mannerisms with the opposite sex. I generated the content of this edition by asking females on Twitter and Facebook between18-25 years old #whatmenshouldnotwearonafirstdate which saw a host of women voice their fascinating opinions on the subject. All editions contain 10 tips based on the most frequently quoted and embarrassing things females have suggested or experienced. Guys take note. Design/ Art Direction: Craig McAnuff Photographer: Adnan Anwar Models: Ben Linford
RATE MY ETIQUETTE PHONE APP
Tips for men on their dating etiquette. Points based on the reaction of 18-25 women on facebook and twitter. #whatmenshouldnottowearonafir...