A Great Place to Start www.ccm.edu
Quick Facts The College • Opened: 1968 • Enrollment: 8,000 students • Location: Randolph, New Jersey
Academics • More than 50 associate degree programs • More than 25 certificate programs •13 language study programs, including American Sign Language • Study abroad to more than 25 countries • Average class size = 19 students
Campus Life • More than 50 student clubs and organizations • Nine intercollegiate athletic teams • Nationally recognized honor society • Two award-winning student publications: “The Youngtown Edition,” student newspaper, and “Promethean,” graphic art and literary magazine
Transferability • More than 80 percent of CCM’s degree-seeking students transfer to four-year institutions to earn their bachelor’s degrees. • Over the last three years, CCM graduates have transferred to more than 480 four-year institutions across the country.
Title IX, Section 504 & Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance County College of Morris does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, veteran or disability in its employment practices or educational programs. Inquiries regarding compliance with federal or state antidiscrimination laws may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer, Thomas C. Burk, 973-328-5039. Email: email@example.com.
An Outstanding Education at an Affordable Price
Generations of real-life success stories can trace their beginnings back to CCM. The same imagination and innovation that drive the quest to succeed at traditionally top-tiered schools can also be found here. But you’ll have to go elsewhere if you want to find the same high prices.
“I am so grateful I came to CCM, that I got into Penn and that I will be graduating with my bachelor’s degree with no student loans.” Charlotte Rodgers, A.S. Science and Mathematics, Class of 2015 University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Mathematics, Class of 2017
What Will You Find at CCM? • A faculty specifically focused on teaching and student success • Traditional, online, hybrid and evening classes • State-of-the-art facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest technology, a professional broadcasting studio, restaurant-style teaching kitchen, pool and fitness center, and campus-wide Wi-Fi
“It was the positive feedback I received that encouraged me to do better. The only reason I got into NYU was because I did well at CCM. Had I tried to apply there on my high school record, I never would have been accepted.” Michael Bukwich, A.S. Science and Mathematics, Class of 2011 New York University, Bachelor in Neuroscience, Class of 2013 Harvard University, Ph.D. Neuroscience Student
Transfer to Leading Colleges and Universities
Recent CCM graduates have transferred to the following four-year institutions to earn their bachelorâ€™s degrees.
In-State College of Saint Elizabeth Drew University Fairleigh Dickinson University Kean University Monmouth University Montclair State University New Jersey Institute of Technology Ramapo College of New Jersey Stockton University Rowan University Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Seton Hall University Stevens Institute of Technology The College of New Jersey William Paterson University
Out-of-State Boston College
The Culinary Institute of America
Ohio State University
University of Colorado
University of Connecticut
East Stroudsburg University
Penn State University
University of Maryland
Fashion Institute of Technology
Rochester Institute of Technology
University of North Carolina
George Mason University
Savannah College of Art and Design
West Virginia University
John Jay College of Criminal Justice Johnson & Wales University
University of Pennsylvania Virginia Tech
Programs of Study • Administrative Support Certificate of Achievement • Advanced Electronics Certificate of Achievement • Advanced Mechanical Analysis Certificate of Achievement • Agribusiness • Assembly and Testing Certificate of Achievement • Basic Electronics Certificate of Achievement • Basic Telecommunications Fundamentals Certificate of Achievement
• Chemical Technology • Chemical Technology Environmental Science Option • Chemistry • Chemistry - Education Track • Computer Information Systems Administrative Support Option • Computer Information Systems Game Development Option • Computer Information Systems Management Information Systems Option
• Biology - Education Track
• Computer Information Systems Technical Support Option
• Biology - Environmental Track
• Biology - Health Related Track
• Computer Aided Drafting Certificate
• Biology - Nutrition Track
• Computer Science
• Biology - Pre-Professional Scientific Track
• Criminal Justice
• Biology - Traditional Track
• Culinary Arts and Science
• Culinary Arts Certificate of Achievement
• Broadcasting Arts and Technology, Media Studies
• Business Administration (Transfer Program) • Business Professional (Career Program)
• Design • Digital Media Technology • Digital Technology Certificate of Achievement
“The support I got from my music teachers helped me a lot throughout my time at CCM. I didn’t think my ability was where I needed it to be so I turned to CCM to build on my skills. The faculty really makes all the difference here.” Drew Flieder, A .S., Music Technology, Class of 2016 Eastman School of Music, Class of 2018
• Early Childhood Development Certificate
• Mathematics - Education Track
• Early Childhood Education
• Mechanical CAD Certificate of Achievement
• Electronics Engineering Technology
• Mechanical Engineering Technology
• Electronics Engineering Technology Biomedical Equipment Option
• Media Technology Certificate of Achievement
• Engineering Science • Engineering Technology Certificate of Achievement • English - Education Track • English for Speakers of Other Languages • Exercise Science • Finance Certificate of Achievement • Fire Science Technology • Garden Center Certificate of Achievement • Graphic Design • Grounds Maintenance Certificate of Achievement • History - Education Track • Honors Study • Horticulturalist Apprenticeship Program • Hospitality Management • Hospitality Management Restaurant and Culinary Management Option • Human Services - Liberal Arts and Science • Humanities/Social Science Liberal Arts and Science
• Music - Liberal Arts and Sciences • Music Technology - Electronic Music Option • Music Technology - Music Recording Option • Musical Theatre - Liberal Arts and Sciences • Nursing • Occupational Therapy Assistant • Personal Trainer Certificate of Achievement • Photography Technology • Psychology - Education Track • Public Administration • Public Health • Radiography • Respiratory Therapy • Restaurant Management and Event Planning Certificate of Achievement • Routing (CISCO CCNA) Certificate of Achievement • Small Business Management Certificate of Achievement • Sociology - Education Track
• Information Security Certificate of Achievement
• System and Application Software Certificate of Achievement
• Information Technology
• Systems Networking Certificate of Achievement
• International Studies - Liberal Arts and Sciences
• Teacher Education
• Journalism, Media Studies
• Technical Studies
• Landscape Management and Design
• Telecommunications Systems Technology
• Landscape Design Certificate of Achievement
• Telecommunications Systems Technology Networking Option
• Landscape Contractor Certificate of Achievement • Landscape Management Technician Apprenticeship Program
• Turf and Turfgrass Management • Visual Arts - Fine Arts
• Landscape Technician Apprenticeship Program
• Visual Arts - Education Track
• Web Development Certificate of Achievement
Sports Baseball (Division II) Men’s Basketball (Division II) Women’s Basketball (Division II) Golf (Division III) Men’s Lacrosse Women’s Soccer (Division II) Men’s Soccer (Division III) Softball (Division II) Women’s Volleyball (Division II)
Student Life With more than 50 student groups and nine varsity sports, CCM provides students with multiple opportunities to explore new interests, broaden their perspectives and develop their leadership skills. Student leaders at CCM report that participating in a student organization or on an athletic team is a great way to learn about group dynamics, gain practical experience and round out their resumes.
Visit Us â€˘ Campus Tours Campus tours take place Thursday afternoons in the fall and spring, October through November and March through May. If you would like to visit the campus during a time when guided tours are not being offered, you can take a self-guided tour. For more information visit us at www.ccm.edu/tours.
â€˘ Open Houses The Admissions office holds both a fall and spring Open House. The Spring Open House is held in April and the Fall Open House in October. At both, the $30 application fee is waived for those who apply at the Open House. For upcoming Open Houses, visit www.ccm.edu/oh.
The Value of a CCM Education • Professors who are focused on students and teaching • Zero student teachers or teaching assistants • Smaller classes sizes that provide you with a more personalized education • Boost your academic confidence and GPA • Honors classes that advance your academic standing • Disability services to maximize learning “I was originally accepted at Rutgers but when my father and I reviewed the expenses for my college education, it just made sense to start out at CCM, which has a great academic reputation. It was the best decision I ever made. The education I received at CCM was top quality, and I was able to graduate without any debt and transfer to earn my bachelor’s degree.” Lina Maria Alfonso A.S. Chemistry, Class of 2013 Rutgers University, B.A. Biology with a minor in Public Health, Class of 2015 Clinical Information Manager, Saint Barnabas Medical Center
• Scholarship opportunities while and after earning a two-year degree – a good GPA helps! 80 percent of CCM graduates transfer to earn their bachelor’s degree. 45 percent of all students who earn a four-year degree attended a community college first.
Tuition and Fees About $5,000 a year â€“ 15 credits per semester, in-county students
For current tuition and fees, go to www.ccm.edu/tuition
Scholarships and Financial Aid The CCM Office of Financial Aid is committed to helping students meet their educational expenses through federal, state, and institutional grants and student loan programs. The CCM Foundation also awards more than $200,000 each year in scholarships.
For more information on scholarships and applying for financial aid, visit www.ccm.edu/admissions/ financialAid.
New Student Enrollment Process omplete your Admissions application online, mail it in, or C bring it to the CCM Admissions office. Required items: • Final official high school transcript, copy of GED or Home School Verification, which can be obtained from the Admissions office in the Student Community Center • Official college transcripts – if you attended another college and wish to transfer credit • SAT or ACT scores – this is optional but could be used to exempt you from placement testing if you meet the following score requirements: › New SAT: 590 in Evidence-based Reading and Writing 560 in Math › Old SAT: 540 in Critical Reading 530 in Math › ACT: 8 (2-12 scale) or 23 (1-36 scale) in English 23 in Math For a list of placement testing exemptions, visit www.ccm.edu/admissions/placementTesting. eceive your Acceptance email R and letter
A ttend a New Student Advising and Registration day – be sure to check your email for your invitation
Apply for Financial Aid Take your Placement Test – if needed
J oin us for New Student Orientation S tart your classes!
214 Center Grove Road, Randolph, NJ 07869 www.ccm.edu