SPEAKERS’ LIST 2019/20 £B
CHEEK, ROY 35 Wembdon Rise, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 7PN
q 01278 451814 / 07788593674 E firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Irresistible garden plants for butterflies - e.g. Bringing them winging in with just five new plants.
3. Insectivorous plants - Discover new hardy year round attractive ones for the garden or the windowsill.
Treetops, 11 Stony Riding, Chalford Hill, Stroud, Glos, GL6 8ED
1. Wildflowers of the Cotswolds Remedies, myths and legends 2. Gardening for butterflies and moths 3. The fascinating story of Britain’s wild orchids
FITZGERALD, ROSEMARY Beggars Roost, Lilstock, Bridgwater, Somerset TA5 1SU
q 01453 882127 E email@example.com
1. Chelsea Flower Show - Creating 20
very different exhibits from bronze to gold.
DODD, SUE & SMITH, SUE
q 01278 741519 E firstname.lastname@example.org
Talks on how wild and garden plants interact. Lovely slides from UK, Ireland, and countries including Morocco, Iceland, Sweden and south-west China. Contact me to discuss ideas!
4. Plan your garden holiday..? - Choose from 50 destinations from Cornwall to Costa Rica.
5. Holly & Ivy - Entertaining Winter Talk. Many other talks, ask for details. Widely experienced and qualified, Roy progressed from Gardener to Director of parks and gardens around Britain. As senior lecturer and curator of gardens in Somerset he amassed ten thousand different plants, ten national collections and created new hybrids, diverse gardens and gold medal exhibits at Chelsea. Now Chairman of an RHS trials forum, international tour leader, judge, advisor, designer and writer.
COX, MYRA q 01278 784110 / 07896 351693 E email@example.com
1. Transforming a bunch of flowers while explaining the work and my life as a Cinnamon Trust Volunteer 2. Reminiscing with Flowers and/or Vintage Memorabilia 3. Christmas Cracker fun with Flowers
DOWN, FELICITY Former owner of Cleeve Nursery q 07739 977431 E firstname.lastname@example.org Ħ www.down-to-earth.co.uk
1. Encourage wildlife to your garden. 2. Fill those pots! 3. Plan it, plant it. Informative talks to inspire both the beginner and the experienced gardener.
CROUCH, KATHERINE 2 Pound Cottages, Donyatt, Ilminster, Somerset TA19 0RT q 07594 574150 / 01460 53284 E email@example.com Ħ www.katherinecrouch.com
1. New tricks for old gardeners 2. First time at Chelsea - and winning Gold! 3. Winning BBC Gardener of the Decade 4. Plants That Should be Better Known 28
q 01590 610292 E firstname.lastname@example.org
FLINTHAM, BECCA 39 Regents Park, Exeter, Devon, EX1 2NY q 07717 846814 / 01392 437792 E email@example.com Ħ www.rowanleaf.co.uk
1. Wildlife Gardening - Attracting beneficial wildlife to your garden
2. Water, Water Everywhere - Ponds, bog gardens and water-wise gardening
3. Food For Free - A guide to foraging for wild foods
30 Belmore Lane, Lymington, Hants SO41 3NJ B
FOLLIS, JANE 3 Prospect Cottages, Ditcheat, Somerset BA4 6PW q 01749 860850 E firstname.lastname@example.org Ħ www.janefollis.com
1. Primulas & Auriculas 2. Gardening with native plants 3. The shady garden
1. A Year in my Garden - Offers
Other talks available.
2. Introduction to Garden Design
insight into a designer’s palette of plants with sales of more unusual varieties.
- Offers tips and ideas to help design a space with before and after images and loads of useful information.
4. Roses grow on you flower demonstration
FISHER, SUE Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7BY
q 01822 841895 / 0781 775 7446 E email@example.com Ħ www.suefishergardens.co.uk
Sue offers a range of talks in Powerpoint form, fully illustrated with her own photographs. Topics include container gardening, wildlife, growing edibles, small gardens and climate change: please see website for more details or contact for further information. Practical demonstrations also available which are ideal for events such as garden shows.
The Speakers List is our comprehensive annual guide to gardening and gardening speakers and lecturers. If you would like to be part of our hugely popular Speakers List next year contact Ava Bench on 01278 786139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The August 2019 issue of Cornwall Country Gardener Magazine