Event s Topic
Why workplace culture is vital today more than ever
Common sense …
It makes sense that a happy and unified work environment will perform better than an unhappy and divided one! True?
The ‘doing what needs to be done’ trap... Many organisations know this but still get too focused on ‘doing what needs to be done’ to achieve results that … working on their culture becomes a low priority! Sound familiar?
What is needed?
An understanding and acknowledgment that the essence of achieving success is …
Having a positive team culture!
6 reasons why workplace culture is vital more than ever 1. Aids in the retention and recruitment of staf 2. Adds motivation for people to integrate work into their 24/7 lives 3. Nurtures a mentally healthy workplace 4. Creates team harmony and unity 5. Increases productivity 6. Leads to profitability or viability Â
1. It aids in the retention and recruitment of staf
• If you have a strong team culture, existing staff will see a future in the business and good people will apply to be part of it. • It will not only reduce the costs involved in the continual recruitment and training of staff, a great culture will ensure you attract the best people.
2. It adds motivation for people to integrate work into their 24/7 lives • We now live in a close to 24/7 business environment where people blend their professional and personal lives into one. • Thus if we don’t enjoy our work environment, the motivation to work these longer hours will drop resulting in lower productivity and poorer performance.
3. It nurtures a mentally healthy workplace
• The more happy that employees are in the workplace, the more positive their mental health. • Recent studies show that a mentally healthy workplace will produce high staff retention, increased productivity and reduced costs in absenteeism and compensation claims.
4. It creates team harmony and unity • Every workplace today, with the exception of sole traders, relies on team units for a business function. • They may be small or large but, regardless, there needs to be team building, harmony, cohesiveness and unity for the team and ultimately business to succeed.
5. It increases productivity • Quite simply, happy staff are more productive staff! • Even the time spent to nurture fun in the workplace such as corporate team building activities, social events, corporate training days and in-house competitions is time well spent for the productivity it will enhance.
6. It leads to profitability or viability • Achieving all of these outcomes collectively will lead to financial viability.
• This shows how important culture is for the bottom line – both reducing costs and increasing revenue.
Contact us today To find out how we can help you create a positive team culture in 2017! Team Building Corporate Training Conferences & Events Australia
firstname.lastname@example.org corporatechallenge.com.au facebook.com/CorporateChallengeAustralia twitter.com/CorpChallenge1
email@example.com corpchallenge.co.nz facebook.com/CorporateChallengeNZ twitter.com/CorpChallengeNZ
Published on Jan 13, 2017
It makes sense that a happy and unified work environment will perform better than an unhappy and divided one! Many organisations know this b...