PrimaryTeachers: a training course for English Language Teachers. 28 hours A hands-on approach and practical communicative method for English Language teaching based on a foundation of drama, poetry, intercultural awareness, computers and the Internet. To expose Primary teachers to creative ideas for using I.T. in the conjunction with drama & poetry in the Early Language Classroom. I.T. enabled classrooms, WIFI. Participants are expected to have basic computer knowledge before registering for the course and a minimum English language level of B1(CEF).
• Introductions & icebreakers • Course outline & guidelines • Classroom language • Preparation for Cork Discovery • Task-based Discovery of Cork
• Cork Discovery Report • Language Acquisition • Teacher Swapshop • What is staging? • Language surgery
July 3rd to July 7th 2017 August 14th to August 18th 2017
• Storytelling • Staging drama • Classroom language • The Irish Education System
• Staging storyline • Pronunciation • Film in the Primary classroom
• Songs & Chants • Language surgery • Course evaluation
• Irish Host Family €285 – 7 nights • Self catering apartment €170 – 7 nights