Page 1

Rivergrove Water District Minutes-Regular Board Meeting March 19th, 2012 Chairman Joe Marovich called the regular board meeting of the Rivergrove Water District to order at 7:35 AM at 17661 Pilkington Rd, Lake Oswego. Commissioners Beckwith, Marovich, DeVries, Roth, and Patterson were present. Staff DJ Ezell and Mary Jo Thomas were present. Public Comment: Joe stated that he did not see any public present and no one signed in. TAB 1-February 27, 2012 Minutes Board meeting Sherry corrected the wording in the last paragraph insert “subduction” instead “sub junction.” Sherry questioned about them okaying DJ to purchase leak detection equipment. DJ stated that it was for her to schedule a “leak detection” study and she is doing it. Shon moved that we accept the minutes as corrected. Chris seconded. Motion passed. Commissioner Patterson, Beckwith, Roth, DeVries and Marovich voted aye. Nays-none. TAB 2-BUDGET CALENDAR DJ asked about scheduling the budget committee on a Thursday at 5:30 PM? She is starting to contact the budget committee so next meeting will confirm the Budget Committee members. Consensus was to have the budget meeting and the board meeting on the 24th starting at 5:30 pm. TAB 3-RGWD Water Supply Project Status DJ put in an email about the complaint from a resident of holes in the road before the well site. Road is a County non maintained road. Board discussed liability; costs, maintenance, and suggested next time DJ give contact information of county. DJ had concerns about the possible contamination of well #2. Contractor was verifying. Plans for chlorination have been sent to the OHA for review. Overflows and drains repair for the reservoirs will be less than anticipated. TAB 4-Pilkington Road Pathway Conflict Feds won’t reimburse the District for costs, City of LO said they would pay but we would have to do the work and then invoice them for reimbursement. Jim met with City project managers to confirm what exactly has to be done. TAB 5-Pump Reads DJ stated that she and Rick called the company that makes the new flow meter to recalibrate into HCF rather than gallons. First report with all three wells and pumping. Number 2 didn’t pump any as it was out of commission. TAB 6-Monthly Financial Treasurer’s Report Shon felt everything looks good we are 70% through the year and water sales at 78% on expense side the only jumps out the automobile expense is higher than budgeted but he thought it was because of traveling to conferences and that we should adjust in next year’s fiscal budget. Approval of Disbursements/Approval Page 1 of 3

Rivergrove Water District Minutes

March 19th, 2012

P:\DJ\Word\Board Meetings\11-12 Documents\Minutes\03-19-2012.doc


Bill moved that we accept the financial report. Chris seconded. Motion passed. Commissioner Patterson, Beckwith, Marovich, Roth, and DeVries voted aye. Nays-none. TAB 7-February 2012 Bank Statements Shon asked about the spreadsheet and that beginning balances and ending are the same. He thought a typo. MJ said it was and she will fix and put in the corrected one next meeting. Not a big uncleared balance. Transfers just project related mostly. Chris moved that they pay the bills. Bill seconded. Motion passed. Commissioner Patterson, Beckwith, Marovich, Roth, and DeVries voted aye. Nays-none TAB 8-District Report-Operations and Finance/Customer Service-Info DJ is negotiating the lease for the next five years-temporary agreement for the same amount for the next 5 years. Board discussed talking about 10 years negotiations or options to renew at 5 years. Public Records request from a reporter from the Oregonian. DJ explained what they wanted. She supplied the numbers to the reporter after discussing with other water managers and our Attorney. DJ also asked the reporter to let her know if and when the story breaks. DJ also noted that our District Credit card was hacked and there are a couple of charges that were made one from Argentina and another from Las Vegas-we will be monitoring closely and working with the bank. We are live on Facebook and she is the only one so far that has “liked” it. She talked with web people on a counter and they said it was “old” technology and will set us up with “Google Analytics.” Core is also working on a proposal on taking credit card payments but not ready for this meeting. She is going through training and can do some work on changing things on the site. We can have unlimited pages but their proposal was to develop more pages. DJ mentioned that we will be going over the continuing education budget but we will be getting at least $450 that will cover the hotel and DJ won a scholarship from the Section to cover her registration. DJ stated that the server died, 8 years old, our computer person recovered our data but could not get server to work. DJ is getting proposals on IT services. Board discussed our current technology and possible suggestions. Commissioner Communications-None Sherry stated the disaster planning has been postponed to April meeting. She is involved with the Committees and Subcommittees at State and County levels and they are working on needs assessments which are trying to get done by the fall. Chris will ask Jay to attend our April meeting to discuss what we will need to do. TAB 9-Non Agenda Items-None MJ recommended DJ for the Manager of the Year-she knew about a week ahead of time but told Jason to keep a secret and surprise her. He did and she was. Agenda consent items for April meeting Disaster planning and earthquake subduction 9 response discussion Chair Marovich adjourned the meeting at 8:30 AM.

Page 2 of 3

Rivergrove Water District Minutes

March 19th, 2012

P:\DJ\Word\Board Meetings\11-12 Documents\Minutes\03-19-2012.doc


Respectfully submitted,

DJ Ezell, Manager Rivergrove Water District These minutes are not verbatim and the meeting was tape recorded. ORS 192.650 Recording or written minutes required; content; fees. (1) The governing body of a public body shall provide for the sound, video or digital recording or the taking of written minutes of all its meetings. Neither a full transcript nor a full recording of the meeting is required, except as otherwise provided by law, but the written minutes or recording must give a true reflection of the matters discussed at the meeting and the views of the participants. All minutes or recordings shall be available to the public within a reasonable time after the meeting, and shall include at least the following information: (a) All members of the governing body present; (b) All motions, proposals, resolutions, orders, ordinances and measures proposed and their disposition; (c) The results of all votes and, except for public bodies consisting of more than 25 members unless requested by a member of that body, the vote of each member by name; (d) The substance of any discussion on any matter; and (e) Subject to ORS 192.410 to 192.505 relating to public records, a reference to any document discussed at the meeting.

Page 3 of 3

Rivergrove Water District Minutes

March 19th, 2012

P:\DJ\Word\Board Meetings\11-12 Documents\Minutes\03-19-2012.doc

03-19-2012  

Page 1 of 3 Rivergrove Water District Minutes March 19 th , 2012 TAB 6-Monthly Financial Treasurer’s Report Shon felt everything looks good...

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you