Cleaning the Mold that Comes After a Flood When water damage in Cincinnati has take your home hostage, you should understand that you are going to need to work quickly to clean up in order to avoid mold. There are a lot of people that struggle understanding how they are going to clean up properly, so they can avoid mold growth. Cincinnati mold removal can be difficult to take part in, and avoiding mold in the first place is often your best bet at keeping your home free of mold. Sometimes, there is not much that you can do to prevent the growth of mold and you should know how to react to the mold. Staying safe when you are taking care of the mold is extremely important. Preparing yourself to deal with the mold safely will ensure that you are going to be able to avoid getting sick as a result of cleaning up the mold that has started to grow throughout your home. Anything that has been wet for more than two days should be taken outside. When something is wet for more than two days, you should realize that mold has probably started to grow on that object, even if you cannot see where the mold has started to grow. Getting those objects outside is a great way to ensure that the mold is not going to spread onto new surfaces that have not already been affected. Once you have gotten those objects outside, you are going to want to clean them off outside. More than likely, those things that have a lot of mold growing on them are not going to be able to be salvaged if they are made of cloth. Unless you can wash them in hot water, you are going to want to get rid of it and purchase something to replace that object. Inside of your home, you are going to want to clean the hard surfaces of your home with bleach. As you are cleaning you have to realize that it is extremely dangerous to mix bleach with ammonia or with other cleaners that you are using throughout your home.
Make sure that you have the proper gear on throughout the time that you are cleaning as well. You should be wearing rubber boots, rubber gloves, goggles and a mask. This way, the fumes that come as a result of the bleach mixing with the mold are not going to affect you. It can be very dangerous to be breathing in the air throughout the time that you are cleaning. Even though you have a mask on, you should be sure that you open the windows and doors to ensure that you get as much fresh air into your home as you can. Take the time that you need to get the air circulating. Although you have fresh air throughout the area, you should be sure that you keep your mask secured to your face to ensure that you do not breathe in the fumes that will come as you continue to clean your home. Photo Credit: David Shub, Old Creeper
Published on Oct 25, 2012
When water damage in Cincinnati has take your home hostage, you should understand that you are going to need to work quickly to clean up in...